(2), Tap, Sacrifice Jester's Cap: Search target player's library for three cards and remove them from the game. Then that player shuffles his or her library.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Jester's Cap Discussion
3 months ago
Interesting deck, but it seems like you have far too few win conditions, or at least efficient win conditions while far too much control. Of a sort.
Nephalia Drownyard only works if you have infinite turns and gets shut off if opponents are running shuffle titans (which you could exile with Jester's Cap or many other cards but you see my point. Darksteel Reactor isn't a good win condition either, considering you only have 6 counterspells. One non-creature based artifact removal kills that and it's unlikely that you've drawn a counterspell or kept it. You do have a land that gets it back but your opponents have still reset your win condition.
40 lands is still excessive tho, you could comfortably drop that to 37. Competitive decks run like 34.
And while you have 7 mana rocks, Chromatic Orrery is a horrifyingly bad card for this deck. Extremely expensive cmc, you have so much card draw that the activated ability should never be relevant. There's so much card draw that you should be able to mana fix just fine with your good mana base so the mana fixing ability is also never relevant.
It really just feels while your deck wants to make sure that your opponents don't have win conditions, your own win conditions are pretty weak. This stalls out the game and tends to make people really annoyed at you.
Also, you're an Oloro, Ageless Ascetic deck and you running basically no lifegain. At the very least that should be a bit more prominent just for easy draw.
I do not understand your budget either. Is your deck proxied or is this just a theoretical/Cockatrice deck? Because you have both a The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale a Moat but you're also running a Scour from Existence It's totally fine if you have, I'm just curious.
Otherwise this deck stuffs decks that want to go for a specific combo, never really seen that before.
Seems fun, don't take my criticism personally, I've done my best to make it objective.
Have a wonderful day.
6 months ago
The Fool - Jester's Cap
The Magician - Dark Ritual
The High Priestess - Argothian Enchantress
The Empress - Counterspell
The Lovers - Sower of Temptation
Justice - Equilibrium
The Hermit - Uncle Istvan
Wheel of Fortune - Wheel of Fortune
Strength - Unholy Strength
The Hanged Man
Death - Necropotence
The Devil - Lord of the Pit
The Tower - Grim Monolith
The Star - Falling Star
The Moon - Blood Moon
The Sun - Sol Ring
Judgement - Wrath of God
The World - Omniscience
I would look in particular to older cards (premodern) and / or Seb McKinnon cards, as in my opinion those cards have the art style that would suit a tarot card.
6 months ago
lovers - Pia and Kiran Nalaar
moon - Blood Moon
strength - Unholy Strength
tower - Command Tower
devil - Vexing Devil
magician - Snapcaster Mage
star - Chromatic Star
death - Death's Shadow
judgment - Iona's Judgment
hangman - Walk the Plank
Cool challenge btw, hope you find good matches and please share the final list once you're done!
EDIT: @plakjekaas nice picks
6 months ago
Here's a few that came intuitively:
7 months ago
Glad someone is also running this guy! I've been on the receiving end of it! Looks like a fun build!
Our playgroup ran into the problem of encountering the eldrazi cards and such that dump the graveyard back into the deck when milled. Jester's Cap , Oona, Queen of the Fae , Leyline of the Void , Bitter Ordeal , Praetor's Grasp are ways around that if you start to encounter that, though a timely Eater of the Dead activation in response to the trigger could work as well!
7 months ago
TIL that emojis aren't parsed properly by TappedOut even though they appear fine in the preview! Let's try again...
I've found this list really helpful whilst drafting decks over the last few years, thanks for putting it together! :) Judging by the 400,000 views that this has had I'm guessing I'm not the only person who feels that way :D
Since this list hasn't been updated since pre-WAR, I thought I'd put together a pretty comprehensive list of all tutors released since then (including all of the tutors mentioned in the comments above). Hopefully putting it in one place will make it easier to update! Note - as per the list you've curated, I've excluded any tutors that fetch specific cards (e.g. Yanling's Harbinger ) or basic lands. I've also left off the card types and colours since there's already enough text in the comment and it can be seen from the preview. Right - on with the list!
CARD: TUTOR FOR - ANY COMMENTS/SUGGESTED CATEGORIES
- Axgard Armory : Aura or Equipment - to hand
- Boggart Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Burning-Rune Demon : Anything - to hand, to graveyard
- Chandra, Heart of Fire : Instants/Sorceries - jump through hoops, to cast
- Coveted Prize : Anything - to hand, (jump through hoops) to cast
- Deathbellow War Cry : Creature - tutor by creature type, to battlefield
- Divining Witch : Anything - jump through hoops, to hand
- Dwarven Recruiter : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Elvish Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Elvish Reclaimer : Land - to battlefield
- Emergent Ultimatum : Anything - tutor by name, to cast
- Enigmatic Incarnation : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Fabled Passage : Land - to battlefield
- Faerie Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Fiend Artisan : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Finale of Devastation : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Garruk, Unleashed : Creature - jump through hoops, to battlefield
- Giant Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Golos, Tireless Pilgrim : Land - to battlefield
- Gravebreaker Lamia : Anything - to graveyard
- Guided Passage : Anything - jump through hoops
- Ignite the Beacon : Planeswalker - to hand
- Jester's Cap : Anything - to exile
- Kaho, Minamo Historian : Instant - jump through hoops, to exile
- Kithkin Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Magda, Brazen Outlaw : Artifact or Dragon - tutor by type, to battlefield, jump through hoops
- Magus of the Order : Creature - tutor by colour, to battlefield
- Merrow Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Mythos of Brokkos : Anything - jump through hoops, to graveyard, to hand
- Nahiri, the Harbinger : Artifact/Creature - jump through hoops, to battlefield
- Neoform : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Nylea's Intervention : Land, to hand
- Pyre of Heroes : Creature - jump through hoops, tutor by type and CMC, to battlefield
- Quest for the Holy Relic : Equipment - to battlefield, jump through hoops
- Reshape the Earth : Land - to battlefield
- Rootless Yew : Creature - tutor by POW or TOU, to hand
- Scheming Symmetry : Anything - to top of library
- Shared Summons : Creature - to hand
- The World Tree : Creature - tutor by creature type, to battlefield
- Treefolk Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Ulvenwald Hydra : Land - to battlefield
- Varragoth, Bloodsky Sire : Anything - to top of library
- Vivien, Monsters' Advocate : Creature - jump through hoops, tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Wishclaw Talisman : Anything - to hand
It wasn't entirely clear to me what categories the below cards should go under since they search for specific card subtypes:
- Opposition Agent : ??? (This sort of counts as a 'tutor your opponents decks' card!)
- Runed Crown : Rune - 'searches for tribal cards'?
- Runeforge Champion : Rune - 'searches for tribal cards'?
- Sanctum of All : Shrines - 'searches for tribal cards'?
- Search for Glory : Snow/legendary/saga - could go under a few sections?
- Spirit of the Aldergard : Land - 'searches for tribal cards'?
Seeing as the three creators of this list haven't been on TappedOut in at least 8 months I'm guessing that this comment won't go anywhere, but at least it's all in one place for people to search for later. I'm happy to help maintain and update this list if I'm given access. (If I haven't heard back in a couple of months then I might look at creating a copy of this list and linking it here for anyone looking for an up-to-date list of tutors.)
7 months ago
I've found this list really helpful whilst drafting decks over the last few years, thanks for putting it together!
9 months ago
Surgical Extraction might be worth considering over Jester's Cap. I can see your theme is clearly artifacts, and that the cap would have some synergies with certain cards (like Arcbound Crusher), but Surgical Extraction typically outperforms the cap and for far less mana. Since you’re colorless you’d pay the phyrexian mana equivalent of course, but the life pings shouldn’t prove too bad. Just a thought; the cap certainly works too.