|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
[symbol:1, : Scry 1. Put a landmark counter on Treasure Map. Then if there are three or more landmark counters on it, remove those counters, transform Treasure Map, and create three colorless Treasure artifact tokens with ", Sacrifice this artifact: Gain one mana of any colour."
Treasure Map Discussion
2 weeks ago
Could be really cool, if the Chandra deck became a thing. There are a few changes I'd make here though:
- Take out Chandra's Embercat . It's very low impact and I imagine it rarely does anything other than turning on the opponent's removal, chump block and occasionally survive to get out a Chandra, Awakened Inferno on turn 5.
- Take out Light Up the Stage . In a deck with a lot of expensive cards on top of almost nothing to make it cost 1 early on, makes it a liability more than a reliable card draw engine. If you feel like you need more ramp and card advantage, you could consider something like Treasure Map Flip. It ramps, fixes early draws and draws a lot of cards later on. I'd probably go up to 4x Chandra, Fire Artisan though, she's great. Same with Tormenting Voice - without synergy it's basically just a 2-mana draw 1.
- Take out Chandra, Flame's Fury . She's too expensive for what she does. PW deck planeswalkers just aren't quite there for constructed play. Sarkhan the Masterless on the other hand looks amazing here, I'd go up on those instead.
- You're going to want Shock against aggro decks, maybe even Lava Coil . Also Chandra's Triumph seems a bit better than Lightning Strike , since it can often take out Teferi, Hero of Dominaria and other bigger stuff alike.
- I saw someone playing Mobilized District for additional win conditions. Could be a nice way to add creatures, without having to take anything out.
Good luck with the brew :)
2 weeks ago
While a permanent that isn't actually a double-faced card can't actually transform, the ability will still try to do as much as possible.
So when you activate the Scry ability of a copy of Treasure Map Flip, you will Scry 1 and put a landmark counter on the Map copy. Then, assuming you have three or more landmark counters on it, you will remove all those counters, fail to transform the Map copy, and create three Treasure tokens.
2 weeks ago
When I do the third activation of the servo Treasure Map, do I get 3 treasure?
3 weeks ago
I'm not a huge fan of the Chandra, Acolyte of Flame s. The first 0 does next to nothing while the other one is just not a great threat. The last ability lets you rebuy a removal spell, but I like playing more Lava Coil s more. What I don't like about Chandra, Acolyte of Flame is it doesn't give inevitability like most walkers. I think if you want that, I would play Treasure Map Flip.
Also, I'm curious as to the exclusion of Llanowar Elves . I think you just get some free wins by curving that into Gruul Spellbreaker or Legion Warboss . It also ramps you into Rekindling Phoenix , Doom Whisperer and Chandra, Awakened Inferno . I might cut 2x Merfolk Branchwalker s and mabye 1x Assassin's Trophy and 1x Thrashing Brontodon .
Another thing I'm curious about is maybe some Temple of Malady s.
4 weeks ago
Felt I could use another utility card and seem to always draw enough mana for the deck to run.
1 month ago
This is definitely a good first attempt. Some suggestions though would be to cut Fight with Fire , Fire Servant , Treasure Map Flip , Magus of the Wheel , Integrity / Intervention , Sword of the Animist , Dualcaster Mage , Fumigate , Sunbird's Invocation and Vessel of Endless Rest and swap them out for Blasphemous Act , Repercussion , Heartwarming Redemption , Mogg Maniac , Cathartic Reunion , Open the Armory , Marble Diamond , Boros Reckoner , Enlightened Tutor and Fire Diamond
1 month ago
Dawn of Hope can combo with Fountain of Renewal but Fountain is a meh card. You can use Treasure Map Flip, I personally used to doubt this card but people will literally counter this with a Syncopate which shows how much advantage it gains you. There's also the simple draw spells of Discovery / Dispersal which you already have listed, Revitalize / Ritual of Rejuvenation , and Sword-Point Diplomacy .
2 months ago
Treasure Map occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.38%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%