|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
- Kaladesh Modules and Krark-Clan Ironworks
- If I activate Steel Overseer, how many times does Animation Module Trigger?
- Does Hardened Scales's Ruling Apply to Animation Module?
- hardened scales Replacement or Trigger?
- Can I use a newly placed +1/+1 with Rishkar, Peema Renegade counter in a creature to activate Animation Module?
Whenever one or more +1/+1 counters are placed on a permanent you control, you may pay 1. If you do, create a 1/1 colorless Servo artifact creature token.
3, T: Choose a counter on target permanent or player. Give that permanent or player another counter of that kind.
Animation Module Discussion
1 week ago
(saw your post on tumblr and had to come and suggest stuff, but feel free to ignore, I'm just trying to throw some ideas out to help out!)
I think counterspells aren't very good as signature spells (but I don't have much experience with Oathbreaker). If you're going for flavor I think Expansion / Explosion , Izzet Charm or Turn//Burn could work. (It could also be fun to build a Harnessed Lightning energy-themed deck for Ral, Storm Conduit :x)
I think that instead of running a lot of creatures with tap (or untap) abilities it would be easier to focus on artifacts for the ramp/card draw/etc with cards like Clock of Omens , Key to the City , Staff of Nin (), Unwinding Clock , Chaos Wand , Oracle's Vault () and a bunch of mana rocks ( Mind Stone , Pyramid of the Pantheon (), Coalition Relic (), Talisman of Creativity , Star Compass , Hedron Archive , Basalt Monolith and Khalni Gem ). Animation Module can add counters to planeswalkers, so that could be fun too.
Reality Shift is probably the best creature single target removal in blue.
I'd cut down on the number of X damage spells you're running and rely more on having some graveyard recursion/tutoring to make it more consistent. Mystic Retrieval would be my choice to run along with Archeomancer. Mizzix's Mastery is also pretty good, but probably better if you're focusing on spellslinging.
Vandalblast and Shenanigans (or maybe Release the Gremlins for the cuteness) are good artifact removal. Geistblast is a interesting Flashback spell that actually should be like Amonkhet's Aftermath. Insidious Will 's versatility shouldn't be underestimated.
(aaand I already suggested too much. Like I said, feel free to ignore. Can't wait to see the finished deck. I hope something from this mess helps!)
2 weeks ago
I put a Saheeli/Thoughtcast together, focused around the Arcbounds (at least the ones I own) but my latest additions are Animation Module and Panharmonicon in particular can completely negate the taxes on thoughtcast!
Just need to find people to play it with...
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
Apologies if this has been brought up already.
I'm building an Oathbreaker deck around Saheeli, Sublime Artificer . If Panharmonicon and Animation Module are both on the field and I cast Arcbound Slith , does animation module count as a triggered ability, triggering panharmonicon, basically letting me pay 2 at the cost of a single spell?
1 month ago
Well, looking at it, almost every card has an enormously weaker budget option:
- 4x Walking Ballista / Triskelion
- 4x Arcbound Worker / Sparring Construct
- 4x Arcbound Ravager / Arcbound Slith
- 2x Dark Confidant / Pain Seer
- 4x Hangarback Walker / Hooded Hydra
- 4x Steel Overseer / Chronomaton
- 3x Welding Jar / Herbal Poultice
- 1x Animation Module
- 4x Darksteel Citadel
- 4x Forest
- 4x Inkmoth Nexus / Dread Statuary
- 2x Overgrown Tomb / Foul Orchard
- 1x Pendelhaven / Hashep Oasis
- 1x Phyrexia's Core / Claws of Gix
- 3x Wooded Foothills / Evolving Wilds
The deck would suck enormously, but it would be a deck. Are there any better budget options I missed?
1 month ago
Daedalus19876 I will look at the tapped land situation and add another 2cmc rock too. Probably Fellwar Stone but I also like MindStone and even Thought Vessel is tempting because then I don't have to discard my Necropotence cards but that's probably a trap and one of the first 2 is better.
I will say it's not a very fast meta generally.
One more thing. Do you rate Animation Module in this deck?
2 months ago
Interesting budget cards that interact with +1/+1 counters:
- Animation Module
- Curse of Predation
- Forgotten Ancient is marvelous if combined with all the other creatues that obtain free counters, like Managorger Hydra .
- Feast on the Fallen
- Increasing Savagery
- Loyal Guardian
- Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest
- Mighty Emergence
- Necropolis Regent
- Primeval Bounty if you have a good amount of noncreature spells.
- Rite of Passage
- Soul's Might
2 months ago
- I love this commander and think you've got a great start and idea, but you need to fully commit to the fact that this deck is all about Skullbriar being huge and smashing face, or one of his friends doing it. .
- You should put in Increasing Savagery , Hardened Scales , Solidarity of Heroes , Reyhan, Last of the Abzan , Fungal Behemoth , Vastwood Hydra , Retreat to Kazandu , Predator Ooze , Blessings of Nature to push the +1/+1 theme to the max. .
- Now, 2nd problem is having big creatures without trample. I see Tuskguard Captain and you've got Rancor already, which is 100% awesome and reusable, but you should have 2 reusable trample activators, so I recommend also adding Ring of Kalonia . .
- Having big creatures attacking also is usually stopped by awkward blocks. You need slightly better cheap removal so I recommend Titanic Brawl , Ancient Animus , Abrupt Decay . .
- 3rd Problem is when they actually block and kill something because they have no other way to deal with it. Make them hate blocking by just having Mer-Ek Nightblade on your field. And then resummon stuff with Journey to Eternity Flip! .
- 4th Problem is when you're smashing for 17 trample damage a turn, but they've got some stupid elf-shaman combo or human-ally combo that gains them 20 life a turn. And now they're at 55 life. Awkward. Get a sneaky kill in instantly with Tainted Strike on one of your big trample guys, just make sure you were about to do 10+ normal damage, and surprise win. (please put Tainted Strike in, even if you ignore every other card I suggested) .
- 5th Problem is your life-total. Sometimes you just need your 12/12 to have lifelink. Best way is Loxodon Warhammer , plus it gives you another trample activator!! .
- Also for ramp you should include Incubation Druid and Rampant Growth . I'd also use hexproof enabling with Alpha Authority .
- I would definitely remove the following since they don't fit with your deck idea overall to make room: Elves of Deep Shadow (don't need), Longtusk Cub (it ain't ever gonna happen), Witchstalker (useless against a red/white/green deck), Gaze of Granite (since it kills your things too), Animation Module (its slow and you should have better things to do with your mana than make 1/1s), Cloak and Dagger (no rogues, it's slow, Alpha Authority is better), Golgari Signet should be replace with Golgari Cluestone so you can sac/draw when you don't need mana anymore. Manalith (you have an aggro curve, don't need THAT much ramp), Plague Boiler (you're not a control deck), Skullclamp (since we're taking out Animation Module , you've got enough good draw), Wayfarer's Bauble (Rampant Growth is better), Greater Good (you're aggro not a graveyard-based-conrol deck), Preferred Selection & Primitive Etchings (because again you're not control, you want to be aggro). .
- I would also cut down on the # of fancy lands that don't add b/g, and play a few more basics for fetching with your ramp cards and being able to play commander on turn 2 more likely.
Animation Module occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.04%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%