|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
- Kaladesh Modules and Krark-Clan Ironworks
- If I activate Steel Overseer, how many times does Animation Module Trigger?
- Does Hardened Scales's Ruling Apply to Animation Module?
- hardened scales Replacement or Trigger?
- Can I use a newly placed +1/+1 with Rishkar, Peema Renegade counter in a creature to activate Animation Module?
Whenever one or more +1/+1 counters are placed on a permanent you control, you may pay 1. If you do, create a 1/1 colorless Servo artifact creature token.
3, T: Choose a counter on target permanent or player. Give that permanent or player another counter of that kind.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (29)||Lucretian , mcstang1986 , Nightdragon779 , Va1mar , Vasbear1 , CampbellStev , bakeraj4 , gildan_bladeborn , Spinalripper , Zhorus_The_Bauqret , SketchyScribbler , MattN7498 , vashaclarens , philktoken8998 , golgarigirl , , ZombieFood , Hootiequack , Lindough , DrPopular , acbooster , accioali , Ellyreia , , Nemesis , fireborne1986 , Dr_Doomtrain , joshw335 , ecurps|
|Want (3)||Myris , darleen , Wolfninja|
Animation Module Discussion
2 days ago
Thanks much; I'm really loving it too :-)
That's a really good thought on trimming some Modules ... I was actually thinking about trimming a Whir (since we don't particularly want one in an opening hand), but it might make more sense to go the other way. And while Decoction Module and Fabrication Module stack very nicely, extra Animation Modules aren't really that great. I'll definitely play around with the mix!
I love Spell Pierce in general, but in this deck I've found Metallic Rebuke is almost always better. I keep going back-and-forth on conditional counters vs. hard counters though ... not sure yet where I'm going to come down on that!
Thank you again!
3 days ago
Thanks so much! I really appreciate your inputs; you've given me a TON of things to think on and test! Here are some initial thoughts:
- In testing so far, there's almost always been something useful to do with Vault of Catlacan. Extra +1/+1 Counters and Servos from Animation Module for sure, but also huge Walking Ballistas, tutoring with Inventors' Fair, or block-then-bouncing Glint-Nest Crane or Whirler Virtuoso.
- Nezahal, Primal Tide is an intriguing option ... though The Locust God might be better in that kind of role. I'll have to check them out.
- Maverick Thopterist is worth looking at for sure ... not sure why I hadn't thought of him earlier!
- Yeah, I'm not sure about Metallic Mimic either. The card is pretty much terrible on its own, but it's just sooooo good with Animation Module (choosing Servo), Whirler Virtuoso (choosing Thopter), and especially Walking Ballista (since we can then tutor for it Whir of Invention after choosing Construct).
- The board definitely feels a little weird without some sweepers ... but so far, the deck hasn't really needed them (I found they often hurt me worse than my opp, plus it can just chump-block so effectively). But yeah, since we will almost certainly see more "can't be blocked", Trample, and Lifegain now, I probably need to just plan on it ...
3 days ago
Cool deck even though Energy is dead now ;). Mainboard, as you said, looks good. Is there a payoff for the Vault of Catlacan Mana or just being able to activate Animation Module a bunch? Perhaps Nezahal, Primal Tide as a payoff to bring in against control because it's big and looks fun :). I think Maverick Thopterist could be a consideration for the sideboard or even the main. Not sure about Metallic Mimic in the sideboard. You'll already he generating plenty of counters with your combo pieces unless you wanted to go really tall and wide I suppose but not sure what that buys you. I'd consider a boardwipe for any potential unblockable/big Mana trample decks that might pop up in the new standard. This deck looks great at clogging up the ground, air and sea unless the opponent is running one of the aforementioned strategies. I've always loved the modules and all the synergies, and who doesn't love a good infinite combo!? Best of luck and happy brewing!
3 days ago
Well, I've been messing around with an extremely janky but surprisingly powerful Module deck online ... and after the bans today, I'm excited about trying it out in irl.
Like I say in the deck description, I think the mainboard is pretty solid (though I go back-and-forth on 2x Reverse Engineer vs. 2x Opt).
But I'm not at all not sure about the sideboard ... it's not bad, but I've no idea what the optimum mix of counters/removal might be now, nor on whether I want Metallic Mimic/Foundry Inspector/Chief of the Foundry/something else ...
Thanks in advance for your thoughts and suggestions!
14 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
5 days ago
kon115 I've considered Animation Module, and it could be a really nice addition based on the meta this is played in. I end up dealing with a lot of control, and the mimics are usually picked off fast. The low amount of +1/+1 generation leaves this card requiring either a mimic or Angel of Invention to be able to proc at all.
6 days ago
i run something similar, have you considered Animation Module, nice little combo with mimic
1 week ago
my problem with Shadowed Caravel is it doesnt trigger Path of Discovery, it doesnt work with Enter the Unknown if I cant crew it (or any other spell), I can't cast it from deck with Vizier of the Menagerie, and it won't trigger Rhonas's Monument nor have reduced cost. Yes it can grow and essentially turn a 2/1 explorer into an X/X but I feel like it doesn't synergize with anything else and I'd rather get the value from having an actual creature.
I did some play testing with Animation Module and I don't think it does anything better than Vizier of the Menagerie. Vizier is "card draw" and can work independently. Animation requires Path of Discovery and explore creatures to function. You can run out of explore dorks and then animation is dead on board. Animation is also a dead draw late game if you already have one on board. I'd rather have a couple extra slots in the deck for creatures and I believe Vizier does the same thing with less set up. However, Animation has insane value if everything is set up properly and could be a really fun deck if it was consistent.