|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
- Kaladesh Modules and Krark-Clan Ironworks
- If I activate Steel Overseer, how many times does Animation Module Trigger?
- Does Hardened Scales's Ruling Apply to Animation Module?
- hardened scales Replacement or Trigger?
- Can I use a newly placed +1/+1 with Rishkar, Peema Renegade counter in a creature to activate Animation Module?
Whenever one or more +1/+1 counters are placed on a permanent you control, you may pay 1. If you do, create a 1/1 colorless Servo artifact creature token.
3, T: Choose a counter on target permanent or player. Give that permanent or player another counter of that kind.
Animation Module Discussion
6 days ago
Animation Module - Missed out on that one, great idea
Blade of the Bloodchief - I feel as though it's not gonna be used to its full potential most of the time, since, while Vish Kal likes counters, this deck isn't a counter deck that much.
Citadel Siege - Same reasoning
Walking Ballista - Maybe, but I have reservations about adding it since I can't really see myself ever using the ability to gain more counters, so it'd enter with x counters and id either sac it to Vish, or use it all up to blast someone.
Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet - Already in.
Endless One - Similar reasoning to Ballista
Hangarback Walker - Definitely can see it being useful, though I worry I'll never really cast it for a high enough x to get that much out of it
Hythonia the Cruel - Too expensive really, trying to keep the cmc as low as possible
Karlov of the Ghost Council - Lifegain is just a byproduct of the cards in the deck, I might actually make it less lifegain oriented, so while he can be great removal, I don't think he'd be that useful. Might take a bit more consideration to full decide
Krav, the Unredeemed - Not really sure about him, maybe board for now
Maga, Traitor to Mortals - Would be way to expensive to cast to get a significant amount of life drained, can only see him being played late game to get that final bit of damage in.
Marionette Master - While a great card, I don't have any ways to sacrifice artifacts, so her ability is moot
Mikaeus, the Lunarch - Not a counter deck
Thanks for your suggestions. I think I should refine the objective of the deck a bit more and appreciate your assistance, WarriorMagic
1 week ago
I don't have much time, and just saw your sweet message, but I will note that with the first listed Animation Module combo, Phyrexian Altar also gives infinite mana, because you can sacrifice Elendra, get infinite tokens, sacrifice half of those (infinite mana), then recast Elendra and combo out again or whatever too.
1 month ago
You have 2 Nissa Worldwakers. Animation Module is a nice budget option to get another counter on a planeswalker.
1 month ago
I like the elvish tribal that you're going for and ramping into the hydras/Hangarback Walker which make more tokens + experience counters but I feel like your deck needs more evasion/trample/haste to really hit home or even protect yourself from flying commanders. Maybe Akroma's Memorial? It follows the decentralized power mechanic, and I doubt you'll be short of mana late game.Ezuri, Renegade Leader can give be a finisher and give trample to elves. Herald of Secret Streams is also redonk with this deck.
Yisan, the Wanderer Bard would be great in this low costing deck. Not only he would contribute to Ezuri's experience but he can bring friends. Only thing is he isn't an elf.
Paradoxical Outcome would come in handy if there's a board wipe, your dudes are pretty cheap, so you can get the ETB triggers counted all over again. It's not great with +1/+1 counters but it's better than the creatures dying, and it can also be used on other nonland permanents. Alternatively, Inspiring Call is a less protective Heroic Intervention but the draws can get insane. It's a bit "win-more" though.
Bramble Sovereign looks like it has some potential here, doubling your own dudes (and ETB triggers). Although, he can't copy the X costing creatures successfully.
Bow of Nylea seems like a great choice for connecting with the damage (giving your attackers deathtouch) and can also spread some +1/+1 counters if you have spare mana.
Animation Module is a great accelerator and can be used as a mana sink.
2 months ago
I can tell you play more standard than modern or just started playing recently from your card choices; if you're building the deck around Magistrate's Scepter, it'll be a lot better to focus on that part of the plan rather than make a hybrid +1/+1 counter stompy deck that also kind of works with the Scepter like what you have now. I suggest you drop all the Glint-Sleeve Siphoners, Jadelight Rangers, Merfolk Branchwalkers, Rishkars, Adventurous Impulses, Diabolic Tutor, Mastermind's Acquisition, Sorcerer's Wand, and Animation Modules, as they aren't necessary for the main plan (the Animation Modules are okay but they're not great).
Instead, it would be much faster and more consistent if you played some cards that can add charge counters to artifacts, such as Coretapper and Surge Node. They work well with Voltaic Servant, and you could also play some proliferate cards like Throne of Geth (which also works well with Voltaic Servant). Tezzeret's Gambit can proliferate and help find gas, and Ancient Stirrings fits perfectly in this deck since it can find Coretappers and Magistrate's Scepter. I think a more artifact-based deck is the way to go with this deck, the core of it would look something like this:
20ish lands (I don't really think you need Aether Hub but you could play it)
The rest of the deck you should fill out with combo protection, like 1-mana discard spells, maybe a couple Spellskite, etc. You could also consider going into Sultai or UG for the counterspells.
2 months ago
Hey EsperPanorama, thanks for the suggestions!
I'm starting to realize just how right you are. The deck does need a bit more to it for the late game. I run a Sadistic Hypnotist in my Teysa deck and it turns out I have another to spare!
I pulled Animation Module, Ghostly Prison, Chromatic Lantern, Reliquary Tower, and Darksteel Plate. I replaced them with Unburial Rites, Sadistic Hypnotist, Immortal Servitude, and Orzhov Cluestone. I don't have Reanimate, but I may drop Raise Dead for Whisper, Blood Liturgist
Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder is a great card that can pull his own quite well and I may have to find a slot for him.
2 months ago
Hey moldycrow83 here are some other suggestions. They have a high cmc but I think you really need to have some cards to carry you through the end game if you run out of gas with creature spells.
- Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder can be especially good if you have a sac outlet and can sacrifice thrulls in response to the trigger
- I first thought about including Shirei, Shizo's Caretaker but you do not run that many one power creatures. Maybe Athreos, God of Passage or Mikaeus, the Unhallowed serve you better. If you stick to non-token creatures you might want to reuse them.
- Coat of Arms is another piece that buffs your vampires in addition to Cathars' Crusade
- A personal favorite of mine is Sadistic Hypnotist. It's a total beast in destroying control players if you have enough creatures for sacrificing. Another addition to deliver a punch in the late game.
- Depending on your need to swing with all your tokens for the win it might be good to make them virtually unblockable. I utilize Cover of Darkness in my Edgar Markov deck for this.
- Whisper, Blood Liturgist can get you Elenda out of the graveyard which is paramount for your strategy.
Here are some potential cuts in your current list you might want to consider:
- Animation Module You do not have a strong counter theme in the deck. The synergy with Cathars' Crusade are excellent but you need to have both in play which might not happen consistently enough.
- Ghostly Prison You should have a lot of small creatures to throw in front of incoming attacks to not need the aditional protection of it.
- I am not a big fan of Darksteel Plate for five mana it is quite expensive. Maybe you are better of using this card slot to add in another reanimator spell to make your reanimation more consistent in case Elenda dies.
2 months ago
Cards I would recommend cutting out: Darting Merfolk, Windrider Patrol, Animation Module, Inspiring Roar, Noble Purpose, Kindred Boon, Gleam of Authority, Celestial Mantle, Brave the Sands, Leonin Sun Standard, Throne of Geth, Beacon of Immortality, Scale Blessing, Harpoon Sniper, Reef Shaman, Silvergill Douser.
All the cards I mentioned above doesn't work with the build your going for, dilutes your deck, or is too slow on the curve for it to matter.
Hope that helps!
Animation Module occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.02%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%