Vizier of the Menagerie
Creature — Cleric
You may look at the top card of your library. (You may do this at any time)
You may cast the top card of your library if it's a creature card.
You may spend mana as though it were mana of any type to cast creature spells.
|Want (3)||Cactusman , HerrPotkuri , MTGNerd08|
Printings View all
|Amonkhet (AKH)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Vizier of the Menagerie occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.03%
Vizier of the Menagerie Discussion
11 hours ago
Vizier of the Menagerie was the first mythic I ever pulled (actually my friend opened the pack so...) but it has a special place in my heart anyways. Another card that I like is Brightling I love this cycle of creatures and I pulled this one not too long ago. It's kind of a pet card for me.
2 days ago
I am absolutely delighted by your comment and I am very honored to know it's your first deck. Thank you so much!!! <3
1) Kogla, the Titan Ape + Hyrax Tower Scout are absolutely perfect replacements, also opens lines up with Eternal Witness for Benefactor's Draught/Vitalize/Touch of Vitae (I'll address this one dw). I wouldn't say slower, since we can actually tutor it whereas Cloudstone Curio has to be drawn or topped off with Genesis Hydra.
2) Heartwood Storyteller has been quite the critical piece, however, I can see it being replaced by Ohran Frostfang, though I were leaning a little into the top-heavy side with this build. I hope your meta isn't too fast as this deck falls by the wayside in T4 metas. As for Touch of Vitae, this is a bit of a lynchpin of sorts as haste the MAIN reason we run it, it ensures that the dork we brought out can actually be used and to win... with an untap. I wouldn't compromise on this card, if it's too difficult for you to obtain add my discord I might be able to help you out. (Inkmoth#4507)
3) Glademuse should be played:
- When you can guarantee 1-2 draws on the rotation you drop it,
- Early on, as most decks are in set up.
- Outlet; try to seal your loops with Prowling Serpopard or bouncing the muse if better outlet achieved
- This one applies to Heartwood Storyteller as well: right before a combo player is going to try to win. i.e resp to Ad Nauseam. We want to give our opponents cards in these situations. The more of the deck we see the easier it becomes to set up lines.
- This is more of practice makes perfect bullet, but the MORE your familiarize yourself with the deck you'll see how giving your opponents cards is meaningless if you can win on top of their wincons. So if you see a line don't jam it out, just wait till the last possible moment.
On discord I would be more than happy to discuss your meta to better assess Glademuse timing
- Castle Garenbrig: Run it, doesn't hurt. I'll slot it in! Thank you! :)
- Vivien, Monsters' Advocate: Same reason we don't run Vizier of the Menagerie, except it costs 5, it's sorc speed, it's random and we don't manipulate the top of the deck too much.
- Nylea, Keen-Eyed: I love it, haven't found a slot for it though. Maybe if Glademuse is that much of an issue this can be your outlet... though drawing is substantially stronger.
6 days ago
Looks neat. You might like these: Titania, Protector of Argoth, Animist's Awakening, Kamahl's Druidic Vow, Traverse the Outlands, Boundless Realms, Lotus Cobra, Stone-Seeder Hierophant, World Shaper, Creeping Renaissance, Nylea, Keen-Eyed, Sensei's Divining Top, Vizier of the Menagerie, Etali, Primal Storm, Nylea's Intervention, Pir's Whim, Hour of Promise
4 weeks ago
MarkovBrewer69 : Haha yes, as you suggested I reworked the land section of the deck ! It's more consistant ! I changed other cards. I had started to indicate the changes in the update section but I had a bug. And because of my level in English I have not yet had the courage to put everything back haha (but it's in progress ^^ ).
I've added Gadrak, the Crown-Scourge because it's a 3CMC Dragon with a gooooooood body. I want a bit of protection on early game and with the eminence ability of The Ur-Dragon i can play it on turn 1 or 2. And occasionally its capacity can be useful ! I want to test it a little more before I decide whether I keep it or not ^^
Smothering Tithe : Its a really good card but i don't need it in that list ^^. I can ramp easily. ^^
"Since you are going for a more causal deck, many of the cards you put in are up to you and what you like to play with! The most important things to consider are being able to play the card and making sure the card helps your game-plan in some way. Is there anything about the deck that you do not like after your changes?"
Yes i like it haha. But i need more games to see what i can improve. It's not a definitive list ^^ For exemple : Draw section. I want to try less conditionnal draw, manipulation of the top of the library (cards like Vizier of the Menagerie . Etc ...
1 month ago
Shame on me and all glory to Suns_Champion.
I switched out Thassa, because believe it or not I had forgotten to include Vizier of the Menagerie, which is just of paramount importance in here. I guess I will forever carry "Greedy" as my middle name when it comes to building decks.
I am also going to try using Tishana instead of Arcanis, and see how that plays out.
3 months ago
+1 from me, animar is my favorite!
If you're looking at adding eldrazi, or any creatures that untap lands (example: Peregrine Drake), I'd suggest Cloudstone Curio. With Animar and Curio you can infinitely bounce and cast two morph and/or eldrazi creature for free, so something like Oblivion Sower will exile your opponent's entire decks and they lose as they draw a card during their turn lol
3 months ago
Ok, this is pretty close to optimal, great job. Cards you might still consider:
3 months ago
So yes it's pretty good ;)