|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Mind vs. Might (DDS)||Rare|
|Dark Ascension (DKA)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Put five +1/+1 counters on target creature. If Increasing Savagery was cast from a graveyard, put ten +1/+1 counters on that creature instead.
Flashback (You may cast this card from your graveyard for its flashback cost. Then exile it.)
Increasing Savagery Discussion
1 month ago
Interesting budget cards that interact with +1/+1 counters:
- Animation Module
- Curse of Predation
- Forgotten Ancient is marvelous if combined with all the other creatues that obtain free counters, like Managorger Hydra .
- Feast on the Fallen
- Increasing Savagery
- Loyal Guardian
- Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest
- Mighty Emergence
- Necropolis Regent
- Primeval Bounty if you have a good amount of noncreature spells.
- Rite of Passage
- Soul's Might
1 month ago
Hey, nice budget deck. Rome921 gave you some good advice, but I don't think you want to be aggro. I think you want to be midrange and use your graveyard with Skullbriar :)
Sit back let the counters accumulate on Skullbriar until your ready to strike. I say midrange because there's some setup here that needs to happen before you can seriously start attacking and doing Commander damage with Skullbriar. The setup is not aggressive cards they're midrange cards.
Never cut one drop mana dorks. In fact consider adding more: Llanowar Elves , Elvish Mystic , Fyndhorn Elves , Arbor Elf ? They're a huge reason to want to play green in Commander. Maybe they don't interact the best with Skullbriar since he's only two mana to start, but they create ramp for other cards that you want to play which are just as important than Skullbriar.
Greater Good is too good of repeatable draw with Skullbrair's ability to keep his counters and it's a sac outlet. Sac outlets help to get value, able to sac Skullbrair in response so he isn't constantly going back to the Command Zone just choose to instead put him into your graveyard. Carrion Feeder , Yahenni, Undying Partisan , Ashnod's Altar and Evolutionary Leap are other sac outlets to consider. Skullbriar doesn't loose counters when he's put into your graveyard this makes him a good target for sac outlets and reanimation to bypass Commander tax. Just don't recur him, have to reanimate him, skipping your hand and putting him right onto the battlefield.
Journey to Eternity Flip has been suggested and it's good with sac outlets to sac the creature enchanted to flip it to then have a repeatable way for five mana to reanimate Skullbriar. Animate Dead , Unearth and Vigor Mortis are more ways to reanimate Skullbriar. Don't be afraid to put Skullbrair in your graveyard; if your graveyard gets exiled when he's in it, he doesn't get exiled, you can choose to put him back into the Command Zone.
Ring of Kalonia , Evolutionary Escalation , Kalonian Hydra and Reyhan, Last of the Abzan ($5) are no mana cost repeatable counter engines with Skullbriar. Increasing Savagery and Solidarity of Heroes can put a lot of counters on Skullbriar for the mana costs. Deathrite Shaman and Scavenging Ooze are Golgari staples, especially good in multiplayer Commander where there's four graveyards to choose from.
Swiftfoot Boots and Canopy Cover can help to protect Skullbrair. Boots also has haste good with reanimated Skullbrair and Cover gives evasion. Regrowth , Treasured Find and Eternal Witness can recur any one card from your graveyard good to get back reanimation spells or anything else.
If you like some of these suggestions I offer more advice. Good luck with your deck.
1 month ago
- I love this commander and think you've got a great start and idea, but you need to fully commit to the fact that this deck is all about Skullbriar being huge and smashing face, or one of his friends doing it. .
- You should put in Increasing Savagery , Hardened Scales , Solidarity of Heroes , Reyhan, Last of the Abzan , Fungal Behemoth , Vastwood Hydra , Retreat to Kazandu , Predator Ooze , Blessings of Nature to push the +1/+1 theme to the max. .
- Now, 2nd problem is having big creatures without trample. I see Tuskguard Captain and you've got Rancor already, which is 100% awesome and reusable, but you should have 2 reusable trample activators, so I recommend also adding Ring of Kalonia . .
- Having big creatures attacking also is usually stopped by awkward blocks. You need slightly better cheap removal so I recommend Titanic Brawl , Ancient Animus , Abrupt Decay . .
- 3rd Problem is when they actually block and kill something because they have no other way to deal with it. Make them hate blocking by just having Mer-Ek Nightblade on your field. And then resummon stuff with Journey to Eternity Flip! .
- 4th Problem is when you're smashing for 17 trample damage a turn, but they've got some stupid elf-shaman combo or human-ally combo that gains them 20 life a turn. And now they're at 55 life. Awkward. Get a sneaky kill in instantly with Tainted Strike on one of your big trample guys, just make sure you were about to do 10+ normal damage, and surprise win. (please put Tainted Strike in, even if you ignore every other card I suggested) .
- 5th Problem is your life-total. Sometimes you just need your 12/12 to have lifelink. Best way is Loxodon Warhammer , plus it gives you another trample activator!! .
- Also for ramp you should include Incubation Druid and Rampant Growth . I'd also use hexproof enabling with Alpha Authority .
- I would definitely remove the following since they don't fit with your deck idea overall to make room: Elves of Deep Shadow (don't need), Longtusk Cub (it ain't ever gonna happen), Witchstalker (useless against a red/white/green deck), Gaze of Granite (since it kills your things too), Animation Module (its slow and you should have better things to do with your mana than make 1/1s), Cloak and Dagger (no rogues, it's slow, Alpha Authority is better), Golgari Signet should be replace with Golgari Cluestone so you can sac/draw when you don't need mana anymore. Manalith (you have an aggro curve, don't need THAT much ramp), Plague Boiler (you're not a control deck), Skullclamp (since we're taking out Animation Module , you've got enough good draw), Wayfarer's Bauble (Rampant Growth is better), Greater Good (you're aggro not a graveyard-based-conrol deck), Preferred Selection & Primitive Etchings (because again you're not control, you want to be aggro). .
- I would also cut down on the # of fancy lands that don't add b/g, and play a few more basics for fetching with your ramp cards and being able to play commander on turn 2 more likely.
1 month ago
Lastly because I'm lazy here's a bunch of cards that all would be very good in the deck as alternate win cons, protection, +1/+1 counter stuff, removal, or draw power
1 month ago
There's a lot of really good cards that increase the number of counters that you're not using yet - I think especially cards that double counters like Solidarity of Heroes , Kalonian Hydra and Biogenic Upgrade could be quite deadly. Also anything that lets you proliferate each turn, like Contagion Clasp and Contagion Engine , and maybe Plaguemaw Beast or Throne of Geth . Primal Vigor and Doubling Season double the number of counters coming in, and Increasing Savagery just immediately gives you loads.
For more Kicker spells, a Scryfall search should suffice, but one that stood out to me was Everflowing Chalice , as it's very cheap and helps you ramp.
One weakness I see in this deck is that your commander is pretty easy to remove, and then you lose all those counters! Alpha Authority , Swiftfoot Boots , Champion's Helm or Mask of Avacyn could help you protect him.
1 month ago
Won a 5-player free-for-all game on Sunday. Won the die roll and kept a hand with Burgeoning which combined with Ancient Tomb to power out, with Negate backup, turn 2 Toothy, turn 3 Increasing Savagery , turn 4 Phantasmal Image the Toothy, drawing 7. Once this ball got rolling and people recognized me as the overwhelming threat, it was too late. Pir boosted a Garruk, Primal Hunter , and with a Chasm Skulker in play, Garruk’s -3 drew 17 cards and put 68 power onto the board. An opponent went to Spires of Orazca the Phantasmal Image clone of Toothy (attacking an opponent who had already rage-scooped), which triggered the disillusion and drew 50 more cards. With fewer than 10 cards left in my deck at that point, I had more than enough protection for the 140+ power Chasm Skulker to get the job done itself. For whatever reason, the game had a cash prize too, which I don’t think will happen again, but was a nice bonus for converting that explosive start.
2 months ago
Howdy, I have a few suggestions for your deck if you don't mind.
First, I would cut about 5-6 lands from the deck. Most commander decks only need about 37-38 lands in my opinion, and considering that you've got a pretty good mana curve, I think your deck would run well without the extra lands.
Third, I would also like to recommend Wild Beastmaster and Increasing Savagery and Chasm Skulker . I think those cards work very well together, but they also work pretty well with the rest of your deck's strategy.
Lastly, I would like to see some more card draw and mana acceleration affects. You've got a few of each, but I think your deck could benefit from more. Since we start with 40 life instead of 20 in commander, we have lots of time to deploy bigger and better effects, and card draw/mana ramp are essential to your decks consistency and power level.
Hope this helps!
2 months ago
- Seems like an excessive amount of land considering your ramp and CMC.
The lack of a Sol Ring concerns me as well. One would think that curving out turn 1 to be beneficial.
- Increasing Savagery is also good for that.
I would reference my Momir Vig deck to give you ideas, but it's old and has different cards.
Nice ideas for this deck all around.
Increasing Savagery occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%