|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
- Can you pay the Energy cost for Longtusk Cub more than once per turn if you have enough energy counters?
- Crew Vehicle Combat Timing and interference ex: deadlock trap
- Can I give Longtusk Cub +1 on my opponent's turn?
- My opponent activates Longtusk Cubs ability 3 times, at once, using all his energy. Can I respond by killing it with Harnessed Lightning?
- Longtusk cub
Creature — Cat
Whenever Longtusk Cub deals combat damage to a player, you get (two energy counters).
Pay : Put a +1/+1 counter on Longtusk Cub
Longtusk Cub Discussion
3 months ago
- I love this commander and think you've got a great start and idea, but you need to fully commit to the fact that this deck is all about Skullbriar being huge and smashing face, or one of his friends doing it. .
- You should put in Increasing Savagery , Hardened Scales , Solidarity of Heroes , Reyhan, Last of the Abzan , Fungal Behemoth , Vastwood Hydra , Retreat to Kazandu , Predator Ooze , Blessings of Nature to push the +1/+1 theme to the max. .
- Now, 2nd problem is having big creatures without trample. I see Tuskguard Captain and you've got Rancor already, which is 100% awesome and reusable, but you should have 2 reusable trample activators, so I recommend also adding Ring of Kalonia . .
- Having big creatures attacking also is usually stopped by awkward blocks. You need slightly better cheap removal so I recommend Titanic Brawl , Ancient Animus , Abrupt Decay . .
- 3rd Problem is when they actually block and kill something because they have no other way to deal with it. Make them hate blocking by just having Mer-Ek Nightblade on your field. And then resummon stuff with Journey to Eternity Flip! .
- 4th Problem is when you're smashing for 17 trample damage a turn, but they've got some stupid elf-shaman combo or human-ally combo that gains them 20 life a turn. And now they're at 55 life. Awkward. Get a sneaky kill in instantly with Tainted Strike on one of your big trample guys, just make sure you were about to do 10+ normal damage, and surprise win. (please put Tainted Strike in, even if you ignore every other card I suggested) .
- 5th Problem is your life-total. Sometimes you just need your 12/12 to have lifelink. Best way is Loxodon Warhammer , plus it gives you another trample activator!! .
- Also for ramp you should include Incubation Druid and Rampant Growth . I'd also use hexproof enabling with Alpha Authority .
- I would definitely remove the following since they don't fit with your deck idea overall to make room: Elves of Deep Shadow (don't need), Longtusk Cub (it ain't ever gonna happen), Witchstalker (useless against a red/white/green deck), Gaze of Granite (since it kills your things too), Animation Module (its slow and you should have better things to do with your mana than make 1/1s), Cloak and Dagger (no rogues, it's slow, Alpha Authority is better), Golgari Signet should be replace with Golgari Cluestone so you can sac/draw when you don't need mana anymore. Manalith (you have an aggro curve, don't need THAT much ramp), Plague Boiler (you're not a control deck), Skullclamp (since we're taking out Animation Module , you've got enough good draw), Wayfarer's Bauble (Rampant Growth is better), Greater Good (you're aggro not a graveyard-based-conrol deck), Preferred Selection & Primitive Etchings (because again you're not control, you want to be aggro). .
- I would also cut down on the # of fancy lands that don't add b/g, and play a few more basics for fetching with your ramp cards and being able to play commander on turn 2 more likely.
10 months ago
Please link all of the cards in your question using double brackets.
It depends entirely on how the ability is worded. Bishop of Binding and Phyrexian Ingester both reference "the exiled card's power". This type of ability uses the values on the creature card as it exists in exile. This would be as a 2/2. Death's Presence and Fling reference the "creature's" power (notice the lack of the word card), these effects would use a value of 6 in your example.
11 months ago
You could consider playing an energy sub-theme for Longtusk Cub adding Aether Hub and Servant of the Conduit, you will get mana fixing and probably a turn 4 Regal Caracal. Also, so many 2-of, scpecially non-legendary creatures, indicate lack of focus on your brew, so i'd advice you to decide wether you want 4x Adorned Pouncer or maybe even 4x Ajani's Pridemate since there is also a lifelink sub-theme. Finally, looks like you will have a hard time against flyers or big creatures so consider adding some Seal Away Check out my Post-Rotation Sai
11 months ago
Hey! My first suggestion would be to have more creatures. I know the goal of the deck is to use a ton of pump spells to get the Pummeler kill, but there are going to be many times in which you have a lot of pump spells in hand without having a creature in play. Longtusk Cub seems good as you have Attune in this deck along with some of the other mid-range energy cards. Uncaged Fury is a fun card, lol. Also, perhaps a few more pump spells that offer trample? Trample is just amazing to get through those pesky blockers. Good luck with the deck!
1 year ago
Stazeeee, I wanted to follow-up to your previous posts. I have been play-testing my RG version of this deck on MTG Arena, and I have been getting destroyed by the amount of main-deck removal currently available and played in the meta. The mid-range characteristics of the Simic version have provided much better results. Hadana's Climb Flip provides an excellent secondary win condition that pairs perfectly with the other threats in the deck thanks to their affinity for +1/+1 counters: Bristling Hydra, Longtusk Cub, and Untamed Kavu.
1 year ago
Core 2019: Ajani, Adversary of Tyrants! Can't think of a better addition to the deck :D
1 year ago
I thought it might be interesting to see how cat tribal would fare with a defensive, midrangy gameplan instead of the usual aggressive strategy running Longtusk Cub and the like.
P.S. brace yourselves. Puns incoming!
1 year ago
Hey, looks good nice upgrade.
Consider Merfolk Branchwalker? I think Branchwalker is a better two drop here than Longtusk Cub. I don't see enough energy producers to make Cub worth it. Energy is better spent to draw a card with Siphoner, make mana for Servant or Hub and use it with Aethersphere. Explore can help to find lands or if you reveal a nonland card Branchwalker gets a +1/+1 counter without needing energy.
Consider Jadelight Ranger it's also a powerful card with the Snake. Currently you have 16x two drop creatures consider cutting one of these, Cub, for Jadelight? Consider 3x more Woodland Cemetery to help the manabase. Cemetery is a good investment right now.
Walking Ballista is a great card with the Snake, but I don't think investing into them now is a good idea. If you have them play them for sure, but I wouldn't buy them. Ballista rotates out of Standard in three months and five days, October 5th. Spending $60+ for three Ballista for only three more months of play is something to do only if you have extra money for cards. If you don't then I suggest investing in Dominaria staples. Ballista's value will massively drop when it rotates out of Standard. The card is oppressive in Standard, but not other formats. It won't hold the value after rotation.
Cards in Dominaria will not rotate out of Standard until October 2019, lots of time to play them and get your money's worth. Staples to consider investing into for your deck are Woodland Cemetery, Vraska's Contempt, Jadelight Ranger, Merfolk Branchwalker, Cast Down, Vraska, Relic Seeker and Karn, Scion of Urza. The Check lands are the best bet to invest into right now because they are all pretty cheap with Cemetery only $4.
The Check lands should go into every Standard deck you create after post rotation, they're great lands. Guilds of Ravnica is the Fall October Standard Magic set, it's possible the Shock lands, Overgrown Tomb, get reprinted making Check lands even better, more in demand, thus more expensive for manabases.
Good luck with your deck.
No data for this card yet.