|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Planar Chaos (PLC)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Fungus
Fungal Behemoth's power and toughness are each equal to the number of +1/+1 counters on creatures you control.
Suspend X-(X)(Green)(Green). X can't be 0.
Whenever a time counter is removed from Fungal Behemoth while it's removed from the game, you may put a +1/+1 counter on target creature.
Fungal Behemoth Discussion
1 month ago
So I’m pushing the route of creatures lately. I wonder if Garruk, Caller of Beasts is plausible with the high mana cost. I also think Fungal Behemoth is worth dropping on your side. It feels super risky and doesn’t have inherent trample or other abilities
4 months ago
- I love this commander and think you've got a great start and idea, but you need to fully commit to the fact that this deck is all about Skullbriar being huge and smashing face, or one of his friends doing it. .
- You should put in Increasing Savagery , Hardened Scales , Solidarity of Heroes , Reyhan, Last of the Abzan , Fungal Behemoth , Vastwood Hydra , Retreat to Kazandu , Predator Ooze , Blessings of Nature to push the +1/+1 theme to the max. .
- Now, 2nd problem is having big creatures without trample. I see Tuskguard Captain and you've got Rancor already, which is 100% awesome and reusable, but you should have 2 reusable trample activators, so I recommend also adding Ring of Kalonia . .
- Having big creatures attacking also is usually stopped by awkward blocks. You need slightly better cheap removal so I recommend Titanic Brawl , Ancient Animus , Abrupt Decay . .
- 3rd Problem is when they actually block and kill something because they have no other way to deal with it. Make them hate blocking by just having Mer-Ek Nightblade on your field. And then resummon stuff with Journey to Eternity Flip! .
- 4th Problem is when you're smashing for 17 trample damage a turn, but they've got some stupid elf-shaman combo or human-ally combo that gains them 20 life a turn. And now they're at 55 life. Awkward. Get a sneaky kill in instantly with Tainted Strike on one of your big trample guys, just make sure you were about to do 10+ normal damage, and surprise win. (please put Tainted Strike in, even if you ignore every other card I suggested) .
- 5th Problem is your life-total. Sometimes you just need your 12/12 to have lifelink. Best way is Loxodon Warhammer , plus it gives you another trample activator!! .
- Also for ramp you should include Incubation Druid and Rampant Growth . I'd also use hexproof enabling with Alpha Authority .
- I would definitely remove the following since they don't fit with your deck idea overall to make room: Elves of Deep Shadow (don't need), Longtusk Cub (it ain't ever gonna happen), Witchstalker (useless against a red/white/green deck), Gaze of Granite (since it kills your things too), Animation Module (its slow and you should have better things to do with your mana than make 1/1s), Cloak and Dagger (no rogues, it's slow, Alpha Authority is better), Golgari Signet should be replace with Golgari Cluestone so you can sac/draw when you don't need mana anymore. Manalith (you have an aggro curve, don't need THAT much ramp), Plague Boiler (you're not a control deck), Skullclamp (since we're taking out Animation Module , you've got enough good draw), Wayfarer's Bauble (Rampant Growth is better), Greater Good (you're aggro not a graveyard-based-conrol deck), Preferred Selection & Primitive Etchings (because again you're not control, you want to be aggro). .
- I would also cut down on the # of fancy lands that don't add b/g, and play a few more basics for fetching with your ramp cards and being able to play commander on turn 2 more likely.
8 months ago
Hey, saw your forum topic asking if any recent cards are worth an upgrade in any of your decks. Out of all your decks this one in my opinion has the most potential for upgrades. Even just with cards that are already in Magic, not ones that were in recent sets. You seem serious about upgrading this deck therefore most of my suggestions won't be budget cards.
Cards in recent sets to consider:
Cards that can be potential upgrades for cards here:
- Diabolic Intent or Vampiric Tutor > Diabolic Tutor
- Maelstrom Pulse > Hero's Downfall or Putrefy
- Trophy > Abrupt Decay or Putrefy
- Reanimate or Animate Dead > Vigor Mortis
- Sylvan Library > Ordeal of Nylea
- Berserk > Soul's Might
- Scavenging Ooze > Obsessive Skinner
- Night's Whisper > Harmonize
- Drana, Liberator of Malakir > Vastwood Hydra
- Rishkar, Peema Renegade > Fungal Behemoth
- Pir > Varolz, the Scar-Striped
- Unspeakable Symbol > Death's Presence
- Umezawa's Jitte > Blessings of Nature
- Forum > Evolving Wilds
- Greater Good > Curse of Predation
Good luck with your deck.
8 months ago
@griffstick: Irony; I never truly needed a tribe for this deck anyway; & if I did, I'd once again go through my "Minority Confirmity" (Liking something nobody else usually would.), & not do either Eldrazi, or Ixalan Merfolk. Thanks though.
Anyway, I hope I don't have to cut a Magus just for the original (Candelabra of Tawnos in particular is expensive as crap for me... X/ & to think I can handle most rocks...), that said, I wonder what cards to cut in advance. Genesis Hydra isn't the same as the origin it was based on as it only nets one card. 1card. Fascination is Group Hug; Yuck. 2down. Stream of Life is good for Infinite Life, but useless in competitive play. 3down. Kindred Summons as this isn't Tribal Based. 4down. Fungal Behemoth = Why did I even throw this in? 5down. Altered Ego is to costly, & I could find better Clones anyway. 6down. Several other things include Gilder Bairn + Paradise Mantle + Training Grounds, & Aluren + Dream Stalker + Tidespout Tyrant are really clunky as 3 card combos. One less, & it would've been fine for now. 12down.
I'll keep these as arxhives until I can find 2 card variants for both combos...
9 months ago
Fungal Behemoth would be a terrifying creature to have in the deck.
11 months ago
Adding ramp is putting in cards that help advance your mana, either by producing mana themselves or by searching for lands.
1 year ago
Heya! I like the deck idea overall, Temur is a great color combination, and Animar can be really explosive and fun.
You already have some cards here that have +1/+1 counter synergy - I would say go all out with this prong of your strategy.
Hardened Scales doubles the speed with which Animar builds counters, and helps all the other +1/+1 counter triggers get better.
Ridgescale Tusker enables your board by putting a +1/+1 on everything but himself, and accelerates Animar futher.
Shaman of the Great Hunt might be good for some mid-game card draw, and helps spread the +1/+1 counters around.
Creatures with Kickers and X in their CMC are also great choices, because they can really benefit from how big Animar's reduction can get. Some ideas are Grunn, the Lonely King, Altered Ego, Fungal Behemoth, and Verdeloth the Ancient.
Okay, one for the lulz as well. Big time synergy with Animar's Protection from Black coming from Singe. Problematic blocker in your way? NOT ANYMORE! Singe makes them Black until end of turn, so Animar can swing through for the win. YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHhhhhh...
No data for this card yet.