|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Ravnica Allegiance (RNA)||Common|
Combos Browse all
This spell costs less to cast if it targets a creature you control with a +1/+1 counter on it.
Target creature you control fights target creature you don't control. (Each deals damage equal to its power to the other.)
Titanic Brawl Discussion
1 week ago
Hey man lit deck, here are my suggestions tho.
I feel like you don't need to run that many fighting spells, you will always want to have your commander out so you will get the fighting trigger. So I would think about taking out Ancient Animus , Band Together , Rabid Bite , Cartouche of Strength and Titanic Brawl .
Also Aspect of Hydra isn't really a good pump spell in your deck. I feel like most of the time you will have a hand full of hydras out so pumping one isn't really a good deal.
I would replace the cards I mentioned above with cards that do the following. Pump all of your hydras and give them trample because of the hydras don't have trample or give protection to all of your creatures. Your deck will make people use a lot of targeted removal and board wipes. In both cases, instants that protect all your guys are better. In the board wipe case if you give all your guys indestructible the board whip has no effect. In the case of targeted removal, I still think it's better to use protection spells that don't target because you could get into a situation where fighting twice could kill your commander. Notice that the trigger does not include the word "may".
Kamahl, Fist of Krosa is a great addition because it prevents board wipes with the threat of you during all lands into creatures. It also pumps.
1 month ago
Well Isochron Scepter only works for 4 cards in the deck, being Ancient Animus , Pounce , Titanic Brawl , and Setessan Tactics . It's barely enough, and unless they print more 2 cmc or less instant speed fight effects I don't think I'll actually be purchasing a scepter for my deck in real life.
1 month ago
4 months ago
- I love this commander and think you've got a great start and idea, but you need to fully commit to the fact that this deck is all about Skullbriar being huge and smashing face, or one of his friends doing it. .
- You should put in Increasing Savagery , Hardened Scales , Solidarity of Heroes , Reyhan, Last of the Abzan , Fungal Behemoth , Vastwood Hydra , Retreat to Kazandu , Predator Ooze , Blessings of Nature to push the +1/+1 theme to the max. .
- Now, 2nd problem is having big creatures without trample. I see Tuskguard Captain and you've got Rancor already, which is 100% awesome and reusable, but you should have 2 reusable trample activators, so I recommend also adding Ring of Kalonia . .
- Having big creatures attacking also is usually stopped by awkward blocks. You need slightly better cheap removal so I recommend Titanic Brawl , Ancient Animus , Abrupt Decay . .
- 3rd Problem is when they actually block and kill something because they have no other way to deal with it. Make them hate blocking by just having Mer-Ek Nightblade on your field. And then resummon stuff with Journey to Eternity Flip! .
- 4th Problem is when you're smashing for 17 trample damage a turn, but they've got some stupid elf-shaman combo or human-ally combo that gains them 20 life a turn. And now they're at 55 life. Awkward. Get a sneaky kill in instantly with Tainted Strike on one of your big trample guys, just make sure you were about to do 10+ normal damage, and surprise win. (please put Tainted Strike in, even if you ignore every other card I suggested) .
- 5th Problem is your life-total. Sometimes you just need your 12/12 to have lifelink. Best way is Loxodon Warhammer , plus it gives you another trample activator!! .
- Also for ramp you should include Incubation Druid and Rampant Growth . I'd also use hexproof enabling with Alpha Authority .
- I would definitely remove the following since they don't fit with your deck idea overall to make room: Elves of Deep Shadow (don't need), Longtusk Cub (it ain't ever gonna happen), Witchstalker (useless against a red/white/green deck), Gaze of Granite (since it kills your things too), Animation Module (its slow and you should have better things to do with your mana than make 1/1s), Cloak and Dagger (no rogues, it's slow, Alpha Authority is better), Golgari Signet should be replace with Golgari Cluestone so you can sac/draw when you don't need mana anymore. Manalith (you have an aggro curve, don't need THAT much ramp), Plague Boiler (you're not a control deck), Skullclamp (since we're taking out Animation Module , you've got enough good draw), Wayfarer's Bauble (Rampant Growth is better), Greater Good (you're aggro not a graveyard-based-conrol deck), Preferred Selection & Primitive Etchings (because again you're not control, you want to be aggro). .
- I would also cut down on the # of fancy lands that don't add b/g, and play a few more basics for fetching with your ramp cards and being able to play commander on turn 2 more likely.
4 months ago
4 months ago
Really nice deck dude. How do you perform with it ?
My 2CP is that you got a bit too high curve for the format. Especially since just like me you play green without the dorks.
First -> go to 37 lands at least (!!!). Seriously, appart Akira/Silas, some special Sram decks or Mono red decks, competitive decks with less than 35/36 lands don't exist.
Lower your curve a lot or add all the dorks.
Eventually take a look at this website listing the deck lists of all the winners in major events of the format the past 3 years (pretty sure you'll can find some skullB decks) : https://www.mtgtop8.com/format?f=EDH
I saw Vampiric Tutor in maybeboard but this is ban in the format :)
Some Cut : Beast Within give a 3/3 turn 3 in this format is not good especially without dorks. Phyrexian Arena because Dark Confidant is better. Primeval Bounty , Asceticism and Doubling Season -> you basically spend your turn 5 or 6 doing nothing :/
5 months ago
Titanic Brawl is a better Rabid Bite in this deck.
No data for this card yet.