|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Reveal the first card you draw each turn. Whenever you reveal a creature card this way, draw a card.
Primitive Etchings Discussion
6 months ago
- I love this commander and think you've got a great start and idea, but you need to fully commit to the fact that this deck is all about Skullbriar being huge and smashing face, or one of his friends doing it. .
- You should put in Increasing Savagery , Hardened Scales , Solidarity of Heroes , Reyhan, Last of the Abzan , Fungal Behemoth , Vastwood Hydra , Retreat to Kazandu , Predator Ooze , Blessings of Nature to push the +1/+1 theme to the max. .
- Now, 2nd problem is having big creatures without trample. I see Tuskguard Captain and you've got Rancor already, which is 100% awesome and reusable, but you should have 2 reusable trample activators, so I recommend also adding Ring of Kalonia . .
- Having big creatures attacking also is usually stopped by awkward blocks. You need slightly better cheap removal so I recommend Titanic Brawl , Ancient Animus , Abrupt Decay . .
- 3rd Problem is when they actually block and kill something because they have no other way to deal with it. Make them hate blocking by just having Mer-Ek Nightblade on your field. And then resummon stuff with Journey to Eternity Flip! .
- 4th Problem is when you're smashing for 17 trample damage a turn, but they've got some stupid elf-shaman combo or human-ally combo that gains them 20 life a turn. And now they're at 55 life. Awkward. Get a sneaky kill in instantly with Tainted Strike on one of your big trample guys, just make sure you were about to do 10+ normal damage, and surprise win. (please put Tainted Strike in, even if you ignore every other card I suggested) .
- 5th Problem is your life-total. Sometimes you just need your 12/12 to have lifelink. Best way is Loxodon Warhammer , plus it gives you another trample activator!! .
- Also for ramp you should include Incubation Druid and Rampant Growth . I'd also use hexproof enabling with Alpha Authority .
- I would definitely remove the following since they don't fit with your deck idea overall to make room: Elves of Deep Shadow (don't need), Longtusk Cub (it ain't ever gonna happen), Witchstalker (useless against a red/white/green deck), Gaze of Granite (since it kills your things too), Animation Module (its slow and you should have better things to do with your mana than make 1/1s), Cloak and Dagger (no rogues, it's slow, Alpha Authority is better), Golgari Signet should be replace with Golgari Cluestone so you can sac/draw when you don't need mana anymore. Manalith (you have an aggro curve, don't need THAT much ramp), Plague Boiler (you're not a control deck), Skullclamp (since we're taking out Animation Module , you've got enough good draw), Wayfarer's Bauble (Rampant Growth is better), Greater Good (you're aggro not a graveyard-based-conrol deck), Preferred Selection & Primitive Etchings (because again you're not control, you want to be aggro). .
- I would also cut down on the # of fancy lands that don't add b/g, and play a few more basics for fetching with your ramp cards and being able to play commander on turn 2 more likely.
1 year ago
Ill look at each one and look for a better version of that card. Alpha Authority could be swapped for one of the sowrds.
Prowler's Helm could be one of the swords
1 year ago
I see, ericlplante
I will suggest to drop the following (for now):
Cradle of Vitality - not enough life gain cards / triggers to maximize the effect. another anthem or mana ramp can replace here
Doubling Season - great card for tokens but I am not sure if PWs are also affected, when they come into play and when you +1 them.
Overall, playing will help you decide which direction you want to go into.
2 years ago
If Sachi is your commander, what is the point of cards like Elvish Archdruid and Elvish Mystic? Why not just play a useful shaman (aka has a ETB) who will tap for 2x more w Sachi present? If Sachi cost a lot to cast I'd get it, but she doesn't.
I brewed up a list w Sachi that had ~20 shaman with useful ETBs then I chose ~15 beasts (looks like you chose hydra, a good choice too). So you play board impacting/controlling shaman who can then tap to fuel your real threats. It's a balance and that's the direction I'd head if I made a deck led by her. Just my 2c.
I get pulling off a Primal Surge is pretty wicked but I wouldn't let that restrict your deck so much. Flipping your deck onto the battlefield is fun to play against 1x then it gets old when I discover your deck is a "1-trick pony." I'd add in sorceries like Shamanic Revelation for the draw and play the gamble of where they are in the deck to see how far you go. That to me, would be fun to play and play against. Again, just my 2c.
3 years ago
theburchman, thank you so much for the comment, I've been hoping for some. I have made a few changes based on your suggestions, a couple of the cards that you mentioned that I should remove are something of a personal preference (namely Crystal Ball and Primitive Etchings) and I'll be keeping them in. A few of the cards mentioned would be fantastic in this deck, but I'm trying to keep the price under $120 if I can with a absolute max of $150. But they are something to think about when I'm not a broke college student and I actually have money to spend. Again, thank you for the suggestions and any more you can think of would be greatly appreciated.
3 years ago
Courser of Kruphix actually does nothing here except make the top card of the library revealed. And letting you gain a life.
At the beginning of your upkeep, Into the Wilds triggers. You look at the top card and see it's a land. Then you put it on to the battlefield per Wilds' effect. This is not the same as "Playing a land for the turn".
You then proceed to your draw step, which you draw revealed. Since you revealed a creature, Primitive Etchings's ability triggers, allowing you to draw an additional card.
Proceed to main phase, you may play a land for the turn from either your hand or from the top of your library if the revealed card is a land card.
3 years ago
the land gets put onto the battlefield and the next card is revealed is a creature, that gets drawn for the turn, so another card gets drawn?
No data for this card yet.