Hound of Griselbrand
Creature — Elemental Hound
Double Strike Undying (When this creature dies, if it had no +1/+1 counters on it, return it to the battlefield under its owner's control with a +1/+1 counter on it.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Hound of Griselbrand Discussion
5 hours ago
You could consider these cards Hound of Griselbrand, Brass Squire, Batterskull, Tenza, Godo's Maul, Sword of Vengeance, Bludgeon Brawl, Kazuul's Toll Collector, Godo, Bandit Warlord, and Masterwork of Ingenuity.
1 week ago
I also realized that, counterintuitively, Undying creatures are effectively immortal if you can saddle them with -1/-1 counters reliably. The counters cancel, so it will come back indefinitely. I added Mikaeus, the Unhallowed, Flayer of the Hatebound, Pyreheart Wolf, Demonlord of Ashmouth, Hound of Griselbrand, and Geralf's Messenger to the list!
3 weeks ago
I love Marchesa, extremely fun commander especially in a fun casual playgroup. Can be very interactive with itself and make for a hell of a commander game. But I would like to give some suggestions to this deck.
Lands: Im not going to tell you to run every fetch and shock land. What I will say is that you are running too many. You have 38 lands with a four-drop commander and on top of that currently your decks highest point in its mana curve is three. Running less lands will open up a.) for more cards to run. B.) Wont allow for you to be drawing solely into lands every turn. I am a strong believer in 34 lands being the best number except in a few decks like my stax brago.Single Target Removal:Everything except Zealous Conscripts is pretty great. Not necessarily a bad card, it can definitely get a large creature out of your way when you are attacking but I wouldnt really count it as removal. Not necessarily a bad card though it does go infinite with kiki jiki mirror breaker but thats not necessarily a fun win for a casual playgroup and doesnt really fit your theme. Instead of this I would run capsize. Has a buyback effect which is insanely strong and it can be your saving grace in a lot of games.
Creatures:Ok so I cant use your custom categories for this part because yours says you have 8 but in actuality you have 37 so Im going to either say very briefly why I like a card or dislike a card.
Baleful Strix: I dont like this one, a card that would be fantastic for this is Solemn Simulacrum. This card solves a dual purpose. One, it will draw you a card and two, it will get you a land. And with your commanders effect you can get this twice for four mana (Or more if you get more +1s on it) effectively getting to draw a card and search for a land for two mana. Value you town baby! Lol
Blood Tyrant: Dope, fun burn card that they legit cant kill unless they exile it. Might put a bit of a target on your back in a super casual playgroup, but everyone likes to feel powerful haha.
Bloodflow Connoisseur Obvious synergy with your deck, also you can do this at instant speed, so if someone tries to exile one of your strong creatures in response you can sac it.
Burnished Hart Not a fan, never have been. Some disagree, do you dude.
Dack's Duplicate Cause why not, anytime you need to copy a new creature just sac and choose a new target. I love it.Disciple of Bolas Uhm, im just not personally a fan of this card, like it has good effects but it feels pretty eh to play Drana, Liberator of Malakir Dope +1
Exava, Rakdos Blood Witch Meh, its alright but a lot of the things that give +1s isnt fast enough to make use of the haste.
Falkenrath Aristocrat You dont have a surplus of humans to sac to get this.
Flayer of the Hatebound Undying cards with persist are infinite with a sac outlet just saying. If you added Cauldron of Souls you could make this etb infinite and take everyones creatures and swing out.
Grim Haruspex Sure why not
Grimgrin, Corpse-Born Thats pretty value
Hound of Griselbrand Definitelly could find something with better value.
Marchesa's Smuggler Could be good if you do some sac infinites with mikaeus but if you were looking for a card to get rid of this could go.
Mikaeus, the Unhallowed The big daddy, legit love this card. Super good in your deck as-well. A win you can put in with this is Walking Ballista I would highly suggest this just because I feel like at a certain point in some casual games they become almost unwinnable because of everyones super inflated board states.
Molten Primordial Great card, if you can put +1s on the stolen cards then sacrifice them they are permanently yours
Mulldrifter Honestly you could play this with the Laboratory Maniac combo. If you put persist on this card you can infinitely draw your deck with mikaeus on board. Then play lab man and win the game. That combo would be pretty convoluted so your play group probably wouldnt get salty about it. Either way though this card is value town in your deck.
Necropolis Regent Dope
Olivia, Mobilized for War Fantastic in combination with a good draw engine.
Olivia Voldaren Not exactly sure what purpose she serves in this deck.
Oona's Blackguard Dope
River Kelpie Really good
Sage of Fables Only using this card is actually not that good of value, why use this card that pretty much only puts the +1s on your commander when you could run something that gives +1s to everything.
Treasonous Ogre Not worth dude,
Vigean Graftmage Not enough value, what creatures have insane tap abilities that this is worth?
Viscera Seer Goochi
Zealous Conscripts This isnt that great of a card as said before
The only other thing I wouldnt use in this deck is the planeswalker, when the heck are you ever going to get that out hahaha.
Well, that took me about an hour, sorry there arent like a ton of suggestions about cards it was more general about deck building. Keep me updated on what you think of my suggestions or what not and if you dont agree with me on some of my thoughts Im down to talk about it and see if Im wrong!
Also, yes I do realize I suggested some cards you already have. I apologize for any cards that i suggested that were already in the deck.
6 months ago
Both Oblivion Sower and Blight Herder fit quite well into the deck think. I will almost always have a lot of lands exiled (Oblivion Sower also gives me lands that i exiled earlier with Grenzo!) and spawning 3 Eldrazi Scion is pretty good as well. The Scions work both as extra attackers and as extra mana.
Chancellor of the Forge is really awesome at spawning a million tiny hitters lategame (I am going as wide as possible - remember I want many damagetriggers, not just big ones).
Dragonmaster Outcast spawns big flyers, which are very much needed in the deck. They have a lot of damage, but also evasion. Furthermore the deck is pretty vulnerable to flyers and this helps a bit.
Hanweir Garrison spawns hitters every time it attacks, and is therefore really great when I make it unblockable.
Thopter Assembly is also a creature that creates a lot of evasive 1/1's. I will hopefully have haste most of the time, which makes this a lot better.
Mana Flare is something I might remove too... But the ramp is really strong in this deck...
7 months ago
You could power out those cards with Generator Servant and Smokebraider this would allow you to drop a threat through soulstoke such as Liege of the Tangle Nova Chaser or Hound of Griselbrand turn 3. I would reccomend going the full 4 on each as well as a few Mulldrifters and hitting all 4 Primal Beyonds. Ancient Ziggurat is also an option. this would allow you to splash a 3rd or 4th color fairly painlessly. If you are going on this route, ball lightning would be the first to cut. If the combo is really important also add 2-4 Serum Powder.
1 year ago
-2 Murderous Redcap, for a 4 CMC I think you'll do much better with +2 Falkenrath Aristocrat. You get a flying haste beater with a plus of being a sac outlet to trigger your abilities, while also making her indestructible.
dropping Flayer of the Hatebound to 2 would help with tempo a lot. Also take a look at running a playset of Hellspark Elemental instead of Young Wolf, and take out -4 Hound of Griselbrand for 2 Thunderblust and 2 Faithless Looting. It's all up to you though mate, I've seen this deck change considerably. Your count will be off and will need fine tuning but that's all I got for now. Whatever you decide I'll continue to watch how this deck changes and evolves. +1
1 year ago
I'm finally here. Lets talk cuts:
- Akoum Stonewaker is only good if you've got a steady flow of lands AND your commander is out. It's slow value. Yes, you get some nice damage when your engines are going, but it's highly conditional. Not to mention that it has very little early impact for a 2-drop.
- Azusa, Lost but Seeking is an amazing card IF you have lands to play and have the ability to draw. If you want to use Exploration effects, you better have shit to back it up. Stuff like Wheel of Fortune, Memory Jar, etc. all make Azusa insanely good. You don't even have the off-color fetches to abuse crucible. Get those piece together and she'll become insanely good. Otherwise stuff like Skyshroud Claim is going to give you more guaranteed value. Your call, really.
- Chameleon Colossus is just a body. In EDH, if the only thing a creature offers you is power and toughness, it's rarely worth running. You want added value.
- Forgotten Ancient is a tad slow and the value you get for playing this 4-drop is damn low at first.
- Frontier Guide is insanely slow and requires constant investment.
- Gaea's Revenge is a bit top heavy and I'm not sure I can justify running it.
- Hound of Griselbrand is just a body.
- Lotus Cobra is a brilliant card but you're not able to get guaranteed value from it. If you're running 9 fetches and brilliant suite of ramp, this thing is nuts. Overall, your suite of ramp is kinda meh. We'll work on that.
- Magmatic Force is wahahayyyy too expensive for the slow value you get from it.
- Molimo, Maro-Sorcerer is a stick. Nothing more.
- Oblivion Sower doesn't fit your deck at all.
- Regal Force isn't what you want to play for draw in this deck.
- Scute Mob is a body.
- Spawnwrithe is insanely slow.
- Undergrowth Champion doesn't have much impact in EDH.
- Yavimaya Elder is meh.
- Animist's Awakening is straight up bad compared to some of the ramp you can pull off.
- Collective Voyage is terrible. Never EVER run it unless you're playing group hug. Tempt with Discovery is generally much better if you want this type of effect.
- Sylvan Scrying is meh. You have no lands worth tutoring for.
- Khalni Heart Expedition is pretty terrible.
- Perilous Forays is costly and slow.
- Retreat to Kazandu isn't needed here at all.
- Shared Animosity isn't needed in this deck at all. You've already got highly relevant bodies.
- Zendikar's Roil is slow and expensive.
- Harrow's kinda meh.
- Coat of Arms and Obelisk of Urd are unnecessary.
- Keep Koth of the Hammer and Nissa, Worldwaker. Cut the other walkers.
I'll get to suggestions later.