Hound of Griselbrand
Creature — Elemental Hound
Double Strike Undying (When this creature dies, if it had no +1/+1 counters on it, return it to the battlefield under its owner's control with a +1/+1 counter on it.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Hound of Griselbrand Discussion
1 month ago
Both Oblivion Sower and Blight Herder fit quite well into the deck think. I will almost always have a lot of lands exiled (Oblivion Sower also gives me lands that i exiled earlier with Grenzo!) and spawning 3 Eldrazi Scion is pretty good as well. The Scions work both as extra attackers and as extra mana.
Chancellor of the Forge is really awesome at spawning a million tiny hitters lategame (I am going as wide as possible - remember I want many damagetriggers, not just big ones).
Dragonmaster Outcast spawns big flyers, which are very much needed in the deck. They have a lot of damage, but also evasion. Furthermore the deck is pretty vulnerable to flyers and this helps a bit.
Hanweir Garrison spawns hitters every time it attacks, and is therefore really great when I make it unblockable.
Thopter Assembly is also a creature that creates a lot of evasive 1/1's. I will hopefully have haste most of the time, which makes this a lot better.
Mana Flare is something I might remove too... But the ramp is really strong in this deck...
2 months ago
You could power out those cards with Generator Servant and Smokebraider this would allow you to drop a threat through soulstoke such as Liege of the Tangle Nova Chaser or Hound of Griselbrand turn 3. I would reccomend going the full 4 on each as well as a few Mulldrifters and hitting all 4 Primal Beyonds. Ancient Ziggurat is also an option. this would allow you to splash a 3rd or 4th color fairly painlessly. If you are going on this route, ball lightning would be the first to cut. If the combo is really important also add 2-4 Serum Powder.
9 months ago
-2 Murderous Redcap, for a 4 CMC I think you'll do much better with +2 Falkenrath Aristocrat. You get a flying haste beater with a plus of being a sac outlet to trigger your abilities, while also making her indestructible.
dropping Flayer of the Hatebound to 2 would help with tempo a lot. Also take a look at running a playset of Hellspark Elemental instead of Young Wolf, and take out -4 Hound of Griselbrand for 2 Thunderblust and 2 Faithless Looting. It's all up to you though mate, I've seen this deck change considerably. Your count will be off and will need fine tuning but that's all I got for now. Whatever you decide I'll continue to watch how this deck changes and evolves. +1
1 year ago
I'm finally here. Lets talk cuts:
- Akoum Stonewaker is only good if you've got a steady flow of lands AND your commander is out. It's slow value. Yes, you get some nice damage when your engines are going, but it's highly conditional. Not to mention that it has very little early impact for a 2-drop.
- Azusa, Lost but Seeking is an amazing card IF you have lands to play and have the ability to draw. If you want to use Exploration effects, you better have shit to back it up. Stuff like Wheel of Fortune, Memory Jar, etc. all make Azusa insanely good. You don't even have the off-color fetches to abuse crucible. Get those piece together and she'll become insanely good. Otherwise stuff like Skyshroud Claim is going to give you more guaranteed value. Your call, really.
- Chameleon Colossus is just a body. In EDH, if the only thing a creature offers you is power and toughness, it's rarely worth running. You want added value.
- Forgotten Ancient is a tad slow and the value you get for playing this 4-drop is damn low at first.
- Frontier Guide is insanely slow and requires constant investment.
- Gaea's Revenge is a bit top heavy and I'm not sure I can justify running it.
- Hound of Griselbrand is just a body.
- Lotus Cobra is a brilliant card but you're not able to get guaranteed value from it. If you're running 9 fetches and brilliant suite of ramp, this thing is nuts. Overall, your suite of ramp is kinda meh. We'll work on that.
- Magmatic Force is wahahayyyy too expensive for the slow value you get from it.
- Molimo, Maro-Sorcerer is a stick. Nothing more.
- Oblivion Sower doesn't fit your deck at all.
- Regal Force isn't what you want to play for draw in this deck.
- Scute Mob is a body.
- Spawnwrithe is insanely slow.
- Undergrowth Champion doesn't have much impact in EDH.
- Yavimaya Elder is meh.
- Animist's Awakening is straight up bad compared to some of the ramp you can pull off.
- Collective Voyage is terrible. Never EVER run it unless you're playing group hug. Tempt with Discovery is generally much better if you want this type of effect.
- Sylvan Scrying is meh. You have no lands worth tutoring for.
- Khalni Heart Expedition is pretty terrible.
- Perilous Forays is costly and slow.
- Retreat to Kazandu isn't needed here at all.
- Shared Animosity isn't needed in this deck at all. You've already got highly relevant bodies.
- Zendikar's Roil is slow and expensive.
- Harrow's kinda meh.
- Coat of Arms and Obelisk of Urd are unnecessary.
- Keep Koth of the Hammer and Nissa, Worldwaker. Cut the other walkers.
I'll get to suggestions later.