Squall Line deals X damage to each creature with flying and each player.
Printings View all
|Time Spiral (TSP)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Squall Line Discussion
2 weeks ago
- Card draw:
- Sylvan Library : Card draw.
- Elvish Visionary : Cheap, cantrip, shaman.
- Mosswort Bridge : Pseudo cantrip.
- Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip : Pseudo cantrip. Flip = better Gaea's Cradle.
- Blighted Woodland : Comes into play untapped. Ramp card mid-lategame.
- Path of Ancestry : Potential card filter.
- Strip Mine : Utility land.
- Gingerbread Cabin : Forest with minor upside. No reason not to play it in mono green.
- Fauna Shaman : Tutor, shaman.
- Noxious Revival : Manaless. Allows another shot for wincons.
- Scavenging Ooze : Manasink. graveyard disruption.
- Card draw:
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary : Card draw.
- Beast Whisperer : Green conditional card draw.
- Guardian Project : Green conditional card draw.
- Runic Armasaur : Card draw (meta dependent).
- Compost : Card draw (meta dependent).
- Sakura-Tribe Scout : Early game shaman. Mana acceleration.
- Genesis Wave : Pseudo card advantage.
- Arch of Orazca : Card draw.
- Win more:
- Myojin of Life's Web : Too expensive. Very likely that you do not have enough cards in hand to make this worthwhile lategame.
- Patron of the Orochi : Quest for Renewal is cheaper.
- Gigantomancer : Cute, but 8 mana is too much for this kind of effect.
- Archetype of Endurance : Win more card. No real synergy. Asceticism Is better (although also not recommended).
- Trolls of Tel-Jilad : This is a bad card.
- Soul of the Harvest : Beast Whisperer / Guardian Project, cheaper. Almost same effect.
- Sakiko, Mother of Summer : Too expensive. Doesn't do enough for mana cost.
- Sage of Ancient Lore Flip : Very likely that you do not have enough cards in hand to make this worthwhile mid-lategame.
- Wildheart Invoker : This is a bad card.
- Sakura-Tribe Springcaller : This is a bad card.
- Loaming Shaman : Not enough card draw that allows you to get your desired cards in you hand.
- Essence Warden : This is a bad card.
- Vines of Vastwood : Very situational card.
- Squall Line : Not very good card. Situational.
- Krosan Grip : Expensive situational removal.
- Gilded Lotus : Unnecessary ramp.
- Tranquil Grove : Unless your meta plays a lot of enchantments, not really necessary. Otherwise, recommmend Back to Nature instead.
- Beastmaster Ascension : Your creatures are not big enough for this to work consistently.
- Spidersilk Armor: No tutors, not enough card draw to obtain it. Unreliable flyer prevention. Silklash Spider Will hold off flyers with tutors.
Staple cards are cards I recommend obtaining and using, since they are almost always good cards to have in any green deck. The rest is up to preference and should be taken with a grain of salt. I hope I could be of some use to you.
3 weeks ago
1 month ago
If you ever don't know what to spend your money on, save up for a Staff of Domination. This is a crazy combo that I use in my Marwyn Commander deck. Basically, you get Marwyn with at least 4 counters, and a Staff. Then you get infinite mana, gaining you infinite life, tapping everyone else's creatures, and drawing your entire deck. Then, (since you have infinite life and mana,) you just kill everyone else with Squall Line for 100 or something. You can playtest this combo with my deck, Too Many Elves (Marwyn Commander). Oh, and in case you were wondering, the best green artifact tutors are Planar Bridge and Skyship Weatherlight, I think.
1 month ago
1 month ago
@xram666: Well, if I was going to use a flying sweeper I would use Squall Line due to it being an instant. As for more counterspells, the only problem I'm encountering there is deck space. To include those I'd need to cut card draw or utility or otherwise something like a Hydra.
I personally like to stick very strongly to the themes of my deck so this deck is very likely to always stay an extremely creature heavy, primarily green deck with as many hydras and things that synergize with hydras and +1/+1 counters as I can fit.
If I do ever cut something for another x-costed counter spell though I'd cut Plasm Capture for Spell Burst specifically to take advantage of my ramp and have a re-usable counterspell + source of tokens.
2 months ago
I mean I have a pemmin's aura so that's not really a problem, it's just in another deck atm. Also sorcery speed and once per turn doesn't come remotely close to the originals at all, I wouldn't even entertain that idea when I could just run something like Kiora's Follower if I wanted a generic untapper.
3 months ago
Thanks so much for the feedback! I really like the idea of playing Portcullis Vine because getting a turn 1 defender would be nice. The 8 tappable defenders is a good amount from testing so I think I might replace Gatecreeper Vine with Portcullis Vine and see how that goes.
From testing it out my friend group is pretty evenly matched, which keeps it fun! (though I am an early game target)
I did run the 2 Gargos, Vicious Watcher and it was a really strong addition. I am considering 1 or 2 more.
I swapped out 1 Prey Upon for a Tower Defense to hold up against a MAJOR flying weakeness. Would you recommend another card over that? I may sideboard a Whiptongue Hydra or two. I also really like the idea of Squall Line since it gives even more reason to play Unbound Flourishing. (So expensive!!)
Lastly, Feed the Clan is very tempting. Maybe run 1?
I'd love more suggestions based on these ideas/edits!
3 months ago
As far as first decks go, this is really solid. Defenders and hydras have a lot of synergy and mono colour keeps the mana simple.
There are a few options to play with- remembering that power gaming with a casual playgroup is usually a mistake. Aim to be fun for everyone.
There are a few infinite combos with mana+untap in defender, but it's usually not too fun.
In general terms, when you onlu have one deck try for card variety with a consistent core -12 to 16 4 ofs that do one thing and make the deck reliable (defender ramp) and some varied payoffs to keep it interesting. I like Mistcutter Hydra for haste, Squall Line to tie games and Uncage the Menagerie to fetch those low cmc hydras or backup ramp.