|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2018 (C18)||Common|
|Promo Set (000)||Common|
|Promo set for Gatherer (PSG)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Reveal cards from the top of your library until you reveal a nonland card, then put all cards revealed this way into your hand.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (12)||ironax , Axtel , Yawkcorb , Fairseas , SirFowler , Florg , itheoryz , KillDatBUG , gildan_bladeborn , electrolynx , LTmiller ,|
|Want (8)||Lokotor , zephyrmoth , Facecheck , kovellen , xafeara , foxboy93 , Jelatinator , Lythia|
Treasure Hunt Discussion
20 hours ago
Alos, Swans of Bryn Argoll is a terrible card. Not only does it suck, it makes no sense you are running it in a hunt deck. My deck list would be 52 lands, 4 Seismic Assaults and 4 Treasure Hunts. That's it.
6 days ago
looks like a sweet deck!
A bit painful on the manabase, but before I can give more detailed help, how long have you played this deck? Do you want to flicker creatures? other permanents as well?
Iirc, Aminatou and Yennett differ in how they "enable" or "payoff" the top card. While it may not be "flicker"-ing, it is something you might want to consider when taking out cards to put in new ones.
so far, general advice would be: - to have 36 - 38 lands, depending on the cmc and colors of your spells
I see Brago, King Eternal, Peregrine Drake and Deadeye Navigator, you can also use Eldrazi Displacer as back up flicker. Since this enables infinite mana, you might want to slot in a few (x) spells, like Torment of Hailfire or at least Stroke of Genius
is your flicker strategy more on the control side (counterspell, prison effects), combo side (infinite mana, storm)? or just value over time?
Hope that helps
1 week ago
- Jeskai Infiltrator
- Loyal Subordinate
- Loyal Unicorn
- Sower of Discord
- Sphinx of Jwar Isle
- Army of the Damned
- Varina, Lich Queen
- Serra Avatar
- Geode Golem
- Skull Storm
- High Priest of Penance
- Silent-Blade Oni
- Barren Moor
- AEthermage's Touch
- Magus of the Balance
- Primordial Mist
- Adarkar Valkyrie
- Seer's Lantern
- Treasure Hunt
- Sigiled Starfish
- Conundrum Sphinx
- Aminatou's Augury
- Crystal Ball
- Swords to Plowshares
- Felidar Guardian
- Altar of the Brood
- Brago, King Eternal
- Rune-Scarred Demon
- Fleshbag Marauder
- Oath of Teferi
- Vela the Night-Clad
- Diabolic Tutor
- Piranha Marsh
- Eerie Interlude
- Merciless Eviction
- Perplexing Chimera
- Cryptic Annelid
- Peregrine Drake
- Gonti, Lord of Luxury
- Liliana's Contract
- Explorer's Scope
- Ghostly Flicker
- Fellwar Stone
1 month ago
1 month ago
@shirouu - This is a casual deck, it is designed to go all in on dropping tons of zombies in a single game and moving on to a new deck. This is not a deck designed for competitive play. That being said, it is at its most efficient running ample lands and the cards already contained. Virtually every other non land card you add is going to decrease the power level of the deck exponentially. If you don't hit enough cards with Treasure Hunt the combo doesn't work. Thought Vessel is strictly worse than Reliquary Tower because it stops your hunt. Ideally you will play Treasure Hunt before your land drop and draw into a Reliquary Tower off the cast, play the tower and then you don't have to discard at endstep. Adding vessel merely hinders your card draw and adds an additional spell to cast. If you can find a good counter on a land, I'd be interested, however otherwise you have the same issue with any counter or otherwise interactive spell...it hinders your draw making your zombie army substantially less efficient. Also, pro tip, play infestation and pass. Get your triggers on their endstep to avoid sorcery speed answers.
1 month ago
Holy smokes this is genius!! Treasure Hunt causes you to reveal a lot of cards and put them all into your hand, then using Zombie Infestation you discard all the land cards until you're able to have a ton of zombies on the board and then swing for lethal. Then using Reliquary Tower you have no maximum hand size so you don't have to discard. I've never seen anything like it. The only problem is that it might take a while to draw treasure hunt so how would you increase your chances of drawing it? I'd also put just 2 war zones in and put in 4 zombie infestations, but that's just me. Great deck, it's beautiful and original. You also might want to add the M19 reliquary tower so that the price drops down.
1 month ago
Reliquary Tower Is a land. There is no reason to not maximize your potential to have it.
As for Treasure Hunt. The fewer copies you have, the less consistant your start will be.
You only have 31,5% chance of getting one in your opening 7. And only 3,3% chance of having more than one.
Compare that to the 39,9% chance you'd have if you played 4. (6,3% at having more than one.)
On top of that, the chances of drawing one each turn, comparably with respectively 3 and 4 copies looks like this:
3 copies, starting with 53 cards in library leaves you with 5,7% (About 1 in 17,5) for the fist draw, and then with every consecutive draw within a relevant time limit, you increase that chance by something between 0,1 percent, and 0,15-ish.
4 copies, again starting with 53 cards, 7,5% (About 1 in 13,3) for the first draw, then it increases by between 0,12 and 0,20-ish.
Your deck has the ability to mulligan heavily, and that greatly inreases your chances of getting what you want. I'm not really sure how the math works here, but I think with the possibility of mulliganning 6 times, your chances of getting a Treasure Hunt with 3 copies in the deck, is probably around 80-85%. So it's not the the end of the world to just have 3 copies, really, but I still think it's probably sub-optimal. Especially if you're facing a card like Thoughtseize (I think the odds are about 95% with 4 copies.)
Now, there is a counter argument to be had here, and that is how good your Treasure Hunts will be when you get to cast them.
If we make a scenario where you are on the play, kept a 7 card hand, consisting of 1 Treasure Hunt and 6 lands, and you draw another land on your second turn.
With your current list, you're left with 47 lands, 2 Treasure Hunts and 2 Fateful Showdown, so your Treasure Hunt will on avarage give you 9,4 cards, and you will have a 50/50% chance at getting either hunt or showdown.
If you added the 4th Treasure Hunt, you will only get 7,83 cards, and that is a big difference. However, instead of a 50/50 chance, you are left with a 60% chance of getting Treasure Hunt and only 40% chance of getting Fateful Showdown.
The thing is, that off of your first Treasure Hunt you want to hit another Treasure Hunt. Hitting showdown now stops you dead in your track, while Treasure Hunt allows to get your draw engine going a second time before going off.
Your chance of hitting Treasure Hunt with 4-copies is 10% higher, that means we can add 10 percent of the avarage card count the first Treasure Hunt is going to net us, on top of it, so it becomes 8,61 cards of avarage. Still not quite as good as the other one, but close.
The second Treasure Hunt however, is going to be a bit worse with 4 copies. Now you want to hit Fateful Showdown, but the chances are only 50/50 for the 4-of startegy, and 66,66/33,33 to the 3-of stretegy. (Playing Lightning Storm here, would make hitting a 3rd Treasure Hunt way less damaging, but by this time, the 3-of stretegy is definitely doing better.
So just play the way you want to :)
Reliquary Tower, though, I am 100% sure about. It's easily better as a 4-0f.
1 month ago
That's probably not the optimal choice.