|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Masters 25 (A25)||None|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Common|
|Rise of the Eldrazi (ROE)||Common|
Combos Browse all
When Prophetic Prism enters the battlefield, draw a card.
, : Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (12)||ZombieFood , almeidafabio , Totally_A_Spy , ZombieSam , Sprx101 , corys , TThors , Vasbear1 , bradyofportdetroit , anonymausguy , nakni , DFDGamer|
|Want (10)||kovellen , Ariumlegion , Myris , Roanoke , Blahfoot96651 , blindrift98 , gamerhat , RedSinR , , TrackerD|
Prophetic Prism Discussion
1 week ago
Temple of the False God
Birds of Paradise
Courser of Kruphix
Jace, Memory Adept
4 weeks ago
With Chromatic Star or Prophetic Prism it's easy to fix black mana. But something like Dispel would not require that much luck on color fixing and would be a better choice. Thanks for pointing that out. Red Elemental Blast is a great suggestion too.
Ponder is a great suggestion. Which card would you cut to play it?
1 month ago
Prophetic Prism is a great way to trigger Teshar, might be worth running although it is a bit slow.
1 month ago
1 month ago
Nice deck. I totally forgot Wall of Omens is a card, and probably need to put it in my own deck.
Above is what I'm currently running. I also have a more budget friendly version that doesn't run a Lion's Eye Diamond if you want to look at that. Restoration Specialist would definitely be something I would consider adding to your list. It can help facilitate so many more combos.
Lotus Petal can also help to add white mana to a colorless loop if that becomes the bottleneck.
1 month ago
Well to start in a Jhoira deck you don't have enough artifacts, particularly low cost ones. I think her main draw is the ability to churn through your deck and find the cards you need for a specific situation. There's also a lot of top end that doesn't fit in to the theme/strategy of the deck, like Slinn Voda and Etali. I'd recommend going up in artifacts, and then taking on The Antiquities War to turn them into some real threats.
Ideally artifacts that could really help this deck out are:
- Combustible Gearhulk
- Cultivator's Caravan
- Filigree Familiar
- Metalwork Colossus
- Panharmonicon - Especially good with Jhoira
- Prophetic Prism - Much, much better than Navigator's Compass
- Scrap Trawler
- Skysovereign, Consul Flagship
- The Immortal Sun
- Paradox Engine
- Torrential Gearhulk
- Walking Ballista
- Icy Manipulator
Also, some general cards that I think give you net negative card advantage/are generally pretty poor, and could be upgraded easily and cheaply:
- Rescue - It's basically a worse Unsummon, which itself isn't that great. A negate or, if you go up on artifacts, Metallic Rebuke would almost always be more useful
- Befuddle - Highly situational, and doesn't help you stop certain threats. Abrade or Lightning Strike are better alternatives for dealing with early-game threats
- Divination - Probably better to swap out for Hieroglyphic Illumination or Glimmer of Genius. The extra mana is more than made up for by it being at instant speed, and Illumination can be cycled early game to help you hit your land drops, while Glimmer lets you scry 2 before you draw and gives you energy
- Howling Golem - The current deck doesn't have an infinite combo that requires more card draw from you, so the symmetrical effect more often than not helps your opponent more than it helps you. I'd look for other creatures or artifacts to replace it
- Run Amok - While it might work in combat some of the time, its essentially works like a worse Lightning Strike, dealing 3 damage to an opponent/creature through combat damage rather than on the stack. I'd swap it out.
- Seismic Shift - Destroying a land might help some of the time against fliplands, but a Field of Ruin does a better job at that and doesn't cost you a playable slot. The unblockable ability is also highly situational, given how Jhoira wants to drown the opponent in card advantage more than the deck wants to force creatures through for combat damage. I'd drop it for another artifact/legendary to trigger Jhoira.
Overall I really like the Jhoira deck and congrats on pulling Karn! Most of the suggestions I made were common/uncommon cards and bulk rares, so it wouldn't take much to really overhaul this deck and make the most of Jhoira's ability. I guess my final comment is when in doubt, include cards that play off of your commander.
1 month ago
Fiend Binder you can take out.
Prophetic Prism you can take out
And Haazda Exonerator. These all seem like an easy cut.
1 month ago
i'd personally take out unknown shores (since youre mono B you dont need filtering its better to have the extra mana for your drain) also you're not going to need as many drains if you have more card advantage so i'd personally stick with a set of drain life plus other draw spells are net gain or net neutral + a blocker whereas stars are net neutral, i'd personally run this deck much differently given the chance just because tron is a little clunky so i'll give you a list of edits id run in my own variant and you can decide whether or not you like them (either way i enjoy your deck idea enough to spend this much time on talking about edits)
-3 Tragic Slip
-4 Dash Hopes
+1 Drain Life
i feel that having things in playsets and using fogs to buy for time is better vs a card like dash hopes which usually requires that you're online with the engine to start with filtering, that and i believe the persistent filtering via Prophetic Prism is a better way to ensure you're casting spells on schedule, on top of that Gary keeps you afloat and acts as a good blocker vs Burn vs the other fella who gains no life