|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Tempest Remastered (TPR)||Uncommon|
|Battle Royale Box Set (BRB)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
: Add to your mana pool.
: Add or to your mana pool. Mogg Hollows doesn't untap during your next untap step.
Mogg Hollows Discussion
8 months ago
Add all of the following:
10 months ago
Let's consider the Pause Lands -
1 year ago
Things to add:Kodama's Reach,Explosive Vegetation,Stomping Ground,Sunpetal Grove,Rootbound Crag,Canopy Vista,Cinder Glade,Artifact Mutation,Aura Mutation,Hour of Reckoning,Cathars' Crusade,Impact Tremors,Warstorm Surge,Dragonlair Spider,Craterhoof Behemoth,Avenger of Zendikar,Rhys the Redeemed,Champion of Lambholt,Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite,Psychotrope Thallid,Iroas, God of Victory,Nacatl War-Pride,Kamahl, Fist of Krosa,Gahiji, Honored One,Eternal Witness,Mirari's Wake,Collective Blessing,Glare of Subdual,True Conviction,Sylvan Library,Privileged Position,Sterling Grove,Selesnya Signet,Commander's Sphere,Darksteel Ingot,Mind Stone,Gavony Township,Decimate,Hull Breach.Things I'd cut:.Grove of the Guardian,Llanowar Reborn,Mogg Hollows,Transguild Promenade,Vivid Meadow,Gruul War Chant,Rites of Flourishing,Zendikar's Roil,Animist's Awakening,Broken Bonds,Gaea's Blessing,Ground Assault,Martial Coup,Molten Disaster,Tempt with Vengeance,Sporoloth Ancient,Thallid Germinator,Verdeloth the Ancient,Zhur-Taa Druid,Vedalken Orrery,Worn Powerstone
2 years ago
Glad to have been able to help!
2 years ago
Now to my egoboosted defence on the few cards I really dont want to ditch:
Mogg Hollows: Its +1 is good with all the x cost, It provides the one necessary color if youre one short and all the nonland mana sources outweight it's minor negative. And I'm mainly using it's coloured mana when I absolutely have to. (Plus I got a tempest print of it which is really mtg-penis largening :D)
Solidarity of Heroes Is something I think you are underestimating in a counter specific deck like this, as it will ALWASY find targets and I most likely have abough mana floating around to cast it on atleast 3 targets. It's a card, that when not countered, most likely drops one player out of the game with just one swing (Requiering a trample provider which is semi easy to wait for when you most likely are a player that instills enough fear to make risky plays or if to focus me in the stages. Or on the worst case and you pull crap, you'll get rushed down before astablishing anything, in which case no card in the game saves you :))
Skarrg Guildmage Turning your lands in to an unstoppaple 4/4 army through Xenagos, the Reveler +1, helping pay for the transformation without using minimum lands that want to crossdress as fearful soldiers, to get the required amount in one killing blow possible. And with the trample sources, they go through one way of another.
PS. In half an hou I already saw how much this will improve with just replasing similar cards with ulmimately better alternatives, but I'll stast serious theory crafting as suun as I get home later tonight! Again thank you for your time!
2 years ago
I've playtested your deck against a couple of mine, which I think are generally fairly close on the casual-hardcode scale. Here are my random thoughts and suggestions.
- Sapseep Forest - Entering tapped isn't worth the upside.
- Mogg Hollows - Only getting coloured mana every other turn seems bad.
- 1x Forest, 1x Mountain to make place for...
- Karplusan Forest and Mossfire Valley - Two untapped mana-fixing lands.
- Mosswort Bridge and Spinerock Knoll - Both of these have requirements that should be easy to meet in your deck. They're really bad with X spells, but you have a lot of other useful targets.
- Clip Wings for Silklash Spider, a lot slower and more expensive, but reusable.
- Gruul Keyrune for Gruul Signet A 3/2 trample is really small in EDH, so I'd go for the lower mana cost if I were you.
- Lightning Bolt for Ulvenwald Tracker Basically Doom Blade on a stick with the huge guys you will be keeping around. Also fun with Thornbite Staff, which is also incredible ramp with Rosheen if you can arrange some other way to have creatures die. Volcanic Fallout would be an example.
More general suggestions:
- Might of Old Krosa One-off buffs aren't that great when you have three opponents you need to get down from 40 life. It's certainly not reliable as removal, either.
- Increasing Savagery Your many X-creatures turn mana into power and toughness. No need to have a separate card that does the same.
- Solidarity of Heroes Very powerful at the right time, but it's a one-off effect that requires some setup.
- Feral Incarnation - Three 3/3 beasts isn't worth the mana, and you don't have enough token generation to make it "free".
- Skarrg Guildmage - There are better trample-givers, like Nylea, God of the Hunt.
- Genesis In this type of deck with low-count high-value creatures I'd try to sneak this in, but it depends on how graveyard-hatey your meta is.
- Asceticism Again, high-value creatures that respond poorly to single-target removal. Keep your hydras safe!
- Death's Presence Even if your hydras die you get to keep most of their value.
- In the Web of War, Fires of Yavimaya or Xenagos, God of Revels - Haste on large creatures is huge, you can swing and kill someone without them getting the time to set up defence.
- Gyre Sage - Makes each hydra larger than the previous one, which makes him larger, which makes the next hydra larger... :o
- Elemental Bond - Card draw when you play creatures keeps the creatures coming.
- Soul of the Harvest - As above.
- Aggravated Assault - The plan is to make lots of mana and huge creatures. Letting them work double shifts the next turn might secure a kill (or two).
Slightly out of budget suggestions:
- Selvala, Heart of the Wilds - She seems perfect for the deck. Huge creatures, huge mana, extra cards.
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx - In decks with two colours or less, this makes a lot of mana.
To make room for this I'd personally cut all the treefolk. They're better in mono-green.
It depends on your meta, but I'd also cut all planeswalkers except maybe Xenagos. They just tend to die so quickly in EDH. Xenagos generally at least pays for himself, though.
You could also consider multi-mana dorks, like Bloom Tender, Fyndhorn Elder, Greenweaver Druid, Nantuko Elder, Priest of Titania, Shaman of Forgotten Ways, Somberwald Sage, Whisperer of the Wilds, Wirewood Channeler, Karametra's Acolyte and dubiously Frontier Siege.
I hope you can take at least something from this.
No data for this card yet.