|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Ajani vs. Nicol Bolas (DDH)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Land — Forest
(Tap: Add (Green) to your mana pool.)
Sapseep Forest enters the battlefield tapped.
(Green), Tap: You gain 1 life. Play this ability only if you control two or more green permanents.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Sapseep Forest Discussion
3 months ago
Thanks for the suggestions! I don't know if it would be a good idea to dilute the mana base with all of the devotion to green and Dungrove Elder. Maybe Sapseep Forest could be decent in the sideboard against control decks because this deck doesn't do well in the long game.
3 months ago
Overall, this looks good. I'll leave most advising to people that work with green decks, but a couple of land ideas that you may or may not consider since 2x Treetop Village may be all of the "tapped lands" that you'll want as an aggro deck. Just an idea in case you want to have a little more than just forests in your landbase.
Hashep Oasis won't enter tapped, but will cost life if you're using it for green mana (which is fairly common considering your devotion to green). It's up to you if any life-loss is worth being able to use it as a "finisher" while in topdeck mode, but I think your deck is more resilient to life loss since it's trying to race the opponent quickly.
Sapseep Forest could offer life-gain for matchups against very fast decks (i.e. burn) after you establish a board presence. It's pretty slow for your deck, but maybe you could consider it.
7 months ago
8 months ago
As far as your fetching goes, Sapseep Forest and Mistveil Plains are easy and useful substitutes. I know you're going for a legendary theme, but Knight of the Reliquary would be too good here, especially if you added some lands like Adventurers' Guildhouse, Emeria, The Sky Ruin, or Gavony Township. I also recommend Yomiji, Who Bars the Way, for insurance, and Ajani, Mentor of Heroes for some extra card advantage.
9 months ago
Looks pretty solid for a bug deck, nice job! I would suggest these cards just to maybe make faster or add some utility, Blighted Woodland, Sapseep Forest, Extraplanar Lens, Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx, Deadly Recluse, Sedge Scorpion are some good cards to add in maybe if you feel like they would help.
9 months ago
As previously mentioned, fixing is not great in this deck. Replace some number of Bojuka Bog, New Benalia, and Sapseep Forest with fetches and shocks. Also you're not playing much red so cut the number of Mountains. You also claim that you can win on turn 2-3, while I'm struggling to do anything by turn 2-3. I would also propose some number of Birds of Paradise to help with converge and also help with fixing. It's a good start, but still needs some work.
9 months ago
I've playtested your deck against a couple of mine, which I think are generally fairly close on the casual-hardcode scale. Here are my random thoughts and suggestions.
- Sapseep Forest - Entering tapped isn't worth the upside.
- Mogg Hollows - Only getting coloured mana every other turn seems bad.
- 1x Forest, 1x Mountain to make place for...
- Karplusan Forest and Mossfire Valley - Two untapped mana-fixing lands.
- Mosswort Bridge and Spinerock Knoll - Both of these have requirements that should be easy to meet in your deck. They're really bad with X spells, but you have a lot of other useful targets.
- Clip Wings for Silklash Spider, a lot slower and more expensive, but reusable.
- Gruul Keyrune for Gruul Signet A 3/2 trample is really small in EDH, so I'd go for the lower mana cost if I were you.
- Lightning Bolt for Ulvenwald Tracker Basically Doom Blade on a stick with the huge guys you will be keeping around. Also fun with Thornbite Staff, which is also incredible ramp with Rosheen if you can arrange some other way to have creatures die. Volcanic Fallout would be an example.
More general suggestions:
- Might of Old Krosa One-off buffs aren't that great when you have three opponents you need to get down from 40 life. It's certainly not reliable as removal, either.
- Increasing Savagery Your many X-creatures turn mana into power and toughness. No need to have a separate card that does the same.
- Solidarity of Heroes Very powerful at the right time, but it's a one-off effect that requires some setup.
- Feral Incarnation - Three 3/3 beasts isn't worth the mana, and you don't have enough token generation to make it "free".
- Skarrg Guildmage - There are better trample-givers, like Nylea, God of the Hunt.
- Genesis In this type of deck with low-count high-value creatures I'd try to sneak this in, but it depends on how graveyard-hatey your meta is.
- Asceticism Again, high-value creatures that respond poorly to single-target removal. Keep your hydras safe!
- Death's Presence Even if your hydras die you get to keep most of their value.
- In the Web of War, Fires of Yavimaya or Xenagos, God of Revels - Haste on large creatures is huge, you can swing and kill someone without them getting the time to set up defence.
- Gyre Sage - Makes each hydra larger than the previous one, which makes him larger, which makes the next hydra larger... :o
- Elemental Bond - Card draw when you play creatures keeps the creatures coming.
- Soul of the Harvest - As above.
- Aggravated Assault - The plan is to make lots of mana and huge creatures. Letting them work double shifts the next turn might secure a kill (or two).
Slightly out of budget suggestions:
- Selvala, Heart of the Wilds - She seems perfect for the deck. Huge creatures, huge mana, extra cards.
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx - In decks with two colours or less, this makes a lot of mana.
To make room for this I'd personally cut all the treefolk. They're better in mono-green.
It depends on your meta, but I'd also cut all planeswalkers except maybe Xenagos. They just tend to die so quickly in EDH. Xenagos generally at least pays for himself, though.
You could also consider multi-mana dorks, like Bloom Tender, Fyndhorn Elder, Greenweaver Druid, Nantuko Elder, Priest of Titania, Shaman of Forgotten Ways, Somberwald Sage, Whisperer of the Wilds, Wirewood Channeler, Karametra's Acolyte and dubiously Frontier Siege.
I hope you can take at least something from this.
10 months ago
I love the fact you've paired up Rhys with enchantments. Its a nice little combo and makes it super fun to play
You do have some cards though im not super sure about
Second Harvest is one - i hate cards that are ONLY good when you already have a board presence - though at least this one is instant speed.
Im surprised that you havent included Mobilization - its an enchantment, it lets you pump out dudes that double up with Season and Lives. Also you have a bunch of ways to prevent all the damage that is dealt to you in a turn, maybe Luminarch Ascension should make an appearance
Natural Order is another card im not sold on in this list - by my count the MAXIMUM number of ways you have to make a green creature or creature token is 10. That includes if you were to Beast Within your own permanent. I know you have a bunch of ways to tutor for your guys as well that i didnt include in this count but I feel like theres going to just be a bunch of times that you dont have a green creature to sac to it, or it will be a green creature you dont really want to sac. Its possible that just adding a few extra ways to make disposable green creatures might be helpful - be it via Garruk Wildspeaker, Thragtusk, Zendikar's Roil or even Khalni Garden
With such a great enchantment theme im also surprised to not see Academy Rector here. With 33 possible targets, it kinda feels like it should be.
Brushland also feels like it may not need to be here - simply because you actually have no real need for the Colorless mana. Maybe something like Fortified Village - though your basic count is a bit low, Sapseep Forest- at least then it can have a bit of upside of gaining some life everyturn if you want and is still fetchable. Or even just Grove of the Guardian to make a bigger beater.
If you feel like it also take a look at Trostani Tokens - thats the list i play for my G/W token deck. You may find some things there that you like that i didnt mention here