|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Tap: Choose a color of a permanent you control. Add one mana of that color to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Meteor Crater Discussion
1 month ago
Here's a list of some lands that might help with your mana base, without breaking the bank:
- Aether Hub provides a one-time mana fix, and can be useful in a pinch.
- City of Brass and Mana Confluence.
- Exotic Orchard and Reflecting Pool both are a bit dependent on what other lands are in play, but I've never been overly disappointed in them.
- Forbidden Orchard's downside can be quite annoying, but it does provide emergency colour fixing if necessary.
- The tri-coloured lands are pretty inexpensive (both the lairs/ones that enter tapped). I personally run a number of the lairs, alongside cards allowing me to play multiple lands, to make use of their bounce effect.
- Gemstone Mine three uses before sacrifice is still pretty useful.
- Meteor Crater requires you to have permanents on the battlefield, but that is usually not a problem.
- Tarnished Citadel generally is used to generate colourless mana, but, in an emergency, 3 life is a small price to pay for absolute colour fixing.
I also run a couple enchantments to improve my ramp (granted, the deck they are in is a 5-colour enchantress deck, so I get the added utility of enchantment synergies). Fertile Ground, Utopia Sprawl, Dawn's Reflection, Overgrowth, and Trace of Abundance provide colour fixing and ramp. Mirari's Wake is also a fantastic card, vastly increasing your mana generation, and granting all your creatures a slight boon.
2 months ago
With apologies for posting twice in rapid succession, I had been focusing on creatures as opposed to the rest of the deck while making my initial comment. With a second look, I wanted to address your mana base. I think investing in a better manabase would probably give a better return than adding a bunch of amazing, but expensive, critters. Even if you do not feel like spending $10+ on fetch and shock lands, there are several options you might want to consider. Here are a couple of relatively inexpensive tools I have used in my own five colour commander deck:
Aether Hub provides one-time colour fixing, which can be quite useful in an emergency.
Gemstone Mine three uses of colour fixing is generally sufficient, even if you have to sacrifice the thing after.
Meteor Crater is pretty useless in your opening hand, but can really shine in the late game.
Forbidden Orchard has a bit of a downside, but can still provide emergency colour fixing.
Tarnished Citadel will generally be used for , but can be used in an absolute emergency to give you that coloured mana you need.
2 months ago
Now that I finally have a chance to look at this... :)
Your removal package seems pretty good. I'd still always try to include a Beast Within, and I think Condemn is the weakest link in this deck's removal (since often you want to remove something that's not attacking).
Your color-fixing looks pretty good overall. Rupture Spire is a second copy of Transguild Promenade, and I'd generally use Reflecting Pool over Meteor Crater (since the latter requires you to already have cast the spell in question to be able to get use out of the land). Chromatic Lantern and Coalition Relic also help a LOT.
I've built budget landbases like this before, if you want to take a look at this deck's manabase: *RETIRED* An Hour of Wolves: Tazri EDH
Speaking of budgets, I'd cut Cavern of Souls most likely. It's not SUPER relevant in the deck, and it's nearly $50 :(
I saw Karakas in your maybeboard, but I'm afraid to tell you that it's banned in EDH :(
If this turns out to be fully tribal, you could run Cover of Darkness to great effect.
The one big thing you're missing here is draw effects. If the deck turns out to be creature-heavy, you could try cards like Shamanic Revelation or Kindred Discovery or Distant Melody. Otherwise, effects like Abundance, Sylvan Library, Rhystic Study, etc can help a lot :)
Hope that's useful commentary! :) I'll take another look when you've messed with the deck a bit more.
4 months ago
Hey me again.
Also thinking of adding Protean Hulk think it would work well, what do you think I should take out?
Meren Deck: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/meren-of-clan-nel-toth-combo-commander/
Also I think Gemstone Mine would work well in Atraxa.