Creature — Wall
: Gain for each creature with defender you control.
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster (MYS1)||Uncommon|
|Iconic Masters (IMA)||Uncommon|
|Rise of the Eldrazi (ROE)||Common|
Combos Browse all
- Axebane Guardian + Overgrown Battlement
- Fog Bank + Overgrown Battlement
- Angelic Wall + Overgrown Battlement
- Helm of the Host + Overgrown Battlement
- Kiora's Follower + Overgrown Battlement
- Overgrown Battlement + Umbral Mantle
- Overgrown Battlement + Staff of Domination
- Axebane Guardian + Overgrown Battlement + Shifting Wall
- Overgrown Battlement + Wall of Tanglecord
- Overgrown Battlement + Wall of Omens
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Overgrown Battlement Discussion
2 days ago
Might be a bit late, but for people still looking into Arcades decks i found that Umbral Mantle works great with multiple cards such as Overgrown Battlement, Axebane Guardian. The best combo i've managed to pull was with one of those and the Tree of Redemption, wonderful mana loop with creature and hp boost.
1 month ago
1 month ago
Hello, I have some cards suggestions you could consider.
Aura Shards - Just be mindful of this one as its really powerful but depends on your group. I play against Zur so its incredibly useful to me. Might not be as useful to you.
Oko, Thief of Crowns - Still powerful. Shouldn't ever be a dead card.
1 month ago
Heyya Sheldaconda! Fellow Arcades user here, love the deck and the flavour! I have a few suggestions.
Ensnaring Bridge: "Us advocates feel this overpass can't be overcome!"
The Bridge works in both ways, allowing us to attack under it with our 'low-power' creatures and stifling other players by not letting them over it. Note also the incredible card advantage of Arcades and his leagues of bulwarks may stymy you somewhat.
Axebane Guardian: "Our efficient bane to our opponents!"
Axebane Guardian is similar to Overgrown Battlement in that it supplies a Cradle-esque effect dependent on the number of defenders you control. However, it adds any colour you choose, making it a defender all-star!
If you have enough defenders, Axebane goes infinite with High Alert. But as the deck is staying casual, you may want to omit this suggestion.
Brago, King Eternal: "Blink and you'll miss him!"
If you do decide to swing in, Brago can be a big help with built-in evasion and the ability to flicker all our creatures (for draws off Arcades, the Strategist) and artifacts such as your Sol Ring for double usage.
Various STAX card with various effects. They can play off your mana generating creatures as well as your artifacts. The best one for you here is Static Orb which shuts everyone down equally while you keep up strong creatures for big punts.
These dorks can trigger Arcades due to being defenders as well as tapping for mana or in some cases giving us immediate mana. They also play well with STAX cards that tap lands down as you won't need them anymore!
I have many more suggestions, but this is all for now. If you like these and want more, say so!
2 months ago
I think the weakest links in this deck right now are the mana dorks, Ilysian Caryatid and Leafkin Druid. Since you're not worried about ramping to a specific cost as much as just getting as much mana as possible to sink into x-costs, you'd be better off with something that can produce more than 2. Gyre Sage and Incubation Druid are the first that come to mind as they fit with a +1/+1 theme and can synergize with cards like Hardened Scales and Doubling Season. There's also dorks in the vein of Magus of the Candelabra and Voyaging Satyr. They go well with Castle Garenbrig and Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx, not to mention Wild Growth-type auras. My personal favorite option is a defender package with Overgrown Battlement and Axebane Guardian for the defensive utility and potential to generate ridiculous amounts of mana with stray Wall of Blossoms and Carven Caryatid, or even go infinite with an Umbral Mantle.
2 months ago
I love taking a pile of cards and seeing what you can turn it into! I don't know which cards you have or what budget you have for acquiring new ones, but I'll list some cheap suggestions I have for a variety of archetypes you could pursue.
1) Simic ramp: Already goes well with Air Elemental, Archetype of Endurance, Oakgnarl Warrior, Overgrown Battlement, Yavimaya Wurm, Simic Keyrune. Some inclusions might be Llanowar Elves, Axebane Guardian, Coiling Oracle, Maraleaf Pixie, Beanstalk Giant, Terra Stomper, Lorthos, the Tidemaker. The goal is to accelerate into big threats.
2) U/G unblockable: Already goes well with Marang River Prowler, Downpour, Giant Growth, Might of the Masses, Aqueous Form, Coastal Piracy, Turntimber Grove. Some inclusions might be Curious Obsession, Daring Saboteur, Mist-Syndicate Naga, Ohran Viper, Trygon Predator, Distortion Strike. The goal is to get value from hitting with unblocked creatures.
3) U/G tempo/control: Already goes well with Breaching Hippocamp, Cloaked Siren, Mist Raven, Fog, Negate, Unsummon, Voyage's End, Claustrophobia. Some inclusions might be Vapor Snag, Dissolve, Mana Leak, AEtherling, Delver of Secrets Flip, Devastation Tide. The goal is to deny the opponent their things while playing tricky threats of your own.
I also see cards in here that could work with mono green Assault Formation, simic +1/+1 synergy, or flying tribal, so you have a lot of options. As a sidenote, I'd also recommend upping your land count to about 24 while you have so many 5+ cost cards in the deck. Anyway, good luck!
3 months ago
I just playtested a turn 4 win against Tron.
1) Forest, go
2) Plains, play Crashing Drawbridge
3 months ago
Sounds like you need to check out the Life from the Loam or amulet titan primers. They should have engines you can use.
Theres also the option of building something like Splendid Reclamation, or druidic vow. Getting lots lands onto the battlefield is usually something you have to build the entire deck to support, and the battle is surviving the card disadvantage while doing it quickly.