Creature — Wurm
Whenever Engulfing Slagwurm blocks or becomes blocks by a creature, destroy that creature. You gain life equal to that creature's toughness.
|Want (3)||Galvain , Typicalphil , Katana|
Printings View all
|Scars of Mirrodin (SOM)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Engulfing Slagwurm occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%
Engulfing Slagwurm Discussion
3 months ago
Nice! You might like these: Wild Beastmaster , Frontier Siege , Mark of Sakiko , Hunter's Prowess , Rishkar's Expertise , Inquisitor's Flail , Fireshrieker , Grappling Hook , Tempting Licid , Engulfing Slagwurm , Kusari-Gama , Viridian Joiner , God-Eternal Rhonas , Majestic Myriarch , Fungal Sprouting . Whoops and almost forgot Forgotten Ancient
4 months ago
Not to say that I haven't enjoyed miracle Revenge of the Hunted onto an Engulfing Slagwurm or Precursor Golem before (still events that end the game), but yeah protection isn't really my thought on something to do with a lure creature.
6 months ago
There is no problem with Giant Growth being useful as a combat trick to kill a defending creature. There's no need to try to reduce the effectiveness of these spells any further. Bonus points, because this would work into the flavor of the plane by letting the green/red/black guys have answers to the shieldmage walls.
I thought about making it a static ability, but as a static ability, the creature would die as once it is no longer a blocker, when it has marked damage but loses its +0/+X bonus.
Like the ruling for Engulfing Slagwurm : "If your Engulfing Slagwurm blocks or becomes blocked by multiple creatures, its ability triggers that many times. Each trigger will be associated with a specific creature. You choose which order to have the abilities resolve." This will give it the total toughness of all creatures its blocking, without needing additional wording.
But, you're right, it should have been +0/+X.
7 months ago
LVL_666 hey im computer stupid ha, ill learn thank you.
Gargos, Vicious Watcher i actually love this card. I had him in my Red Green Modern Hydra deck for a while, but decided to make a different deck with him. Its mono green Modern Hydra Fight deck. also gave me an excuse to use use Arena .
Yea its all good ha. I did update the wurm deck, its even more tribal than before, what is your thoughts? I did put Beast Within , and a shitload of tutors.
Side note. I haven't lost a game with the updated deck yet. One game i even started with 0 lands and won by the 10th turn. Of course small pool, obviously need to go on mtgo or to the game store. Played against Jodah, Archmage Eternal , Muldrotha, the Gravetide , Golos, Tireless Pilgrim , and Atraxa, Praetors' Voice .
8 months ago
Thank you for the reply!
- Archetype of Endurance - I ran this for a short bit, and almost never cast it in lieu of something else. After 10+ games of it essentially being a dead card, I took it out.
- Krosan Drover / Goreclaw, Terror of Qal Sisma - I've never consideres doing cost reduction for this deck, as it doesn't help with kamahl's abilities. I prefer ways to generate more mana as it helps to the flow of the deck. I do run goreclaw in my animar deck though because its an amazing card.
- Quicksilver Amulet - great card, I'll have to playtest it and see how it goes.
- Garruk's Horde - I ran this early on and took it out. At 7cmc, odds are I won't cast anything else the turn I cast this. So my opponents will have extra knowledge of what'd in my hand with no immediate payoff.
- Engulfing Slagwurm - I love this card and ran it for a long time. It never survived a round before getting nuked. I may consider putting it back in though because its fantastic.
8 months ago
Greetings I just wanted to provide some (possibly suboptimal) card that I personally like in my green decks.
- Archetype of Endurance to shield yourself and expose everyone else ( this can lead to fun times )
- Krosan Drover for a nice discount ( or Goreclaw, Terror of Qal Sisma )
- Quicksilver Amulet to cheat things out
- Garruk's Horde Can be a nice thing if you don't mind people seeing what is coming up, you can spam things.
- Engulfing Slagwurm I'm super glad that this card is still a secret. This thing is OP as hell in my book.
9 months ago
LVL_666 absolutely the best feedback anyone has ever given. Its not only feedback but ways to fix it, and help telling me how to go about setting the page up to help other people also.
I do want to stick to mono green I do like the idea of white green. I have a modern deck that's novablast wurm, and Engulfing Slagwurm . You cant see the facial expressions as I am typing this but it has no removal also ha. Just ramp and wurms like this.
So I used this commander for multi purpose ramp, removal, and card draw. However it can be changed. I did have Grothama, All-Devouring I just ended up not liking the strategy.
For draw there is a few options Greater Good , Grothama, All-Devouring , the commander... Yea thats about it ha. I did have Abundance I could put it back in. I have a few tutors to set things up but they aren't top picks that's for sure. One strat for card draw was tutor Praetor's Counsel and Altar of Dementia mill myself and return everything from the graveyard to my hand. Something that could probably go in the primer like you said. I will set one up. Thank you for the links.
Sylvan Library man.. I know im saving up. Its a beast of a card. So question I guess... The suggestions you made with the mono green cards... Without the deck primer, what would you swap? I will get on and study about deck primers and how to make them. That being said
Without the deck primer, what would you swap just seeing what you do?
1 year ago
Love this deck... Thantis was a really cool card and I think this type of deck is the best way to play him.