|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Scars of Mirrodin (SOM)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Wurm
Whenever Engulfing Slagwurm blocks or becomes blocks by a creature, destroy that creature. You gain life equal to that creature's toughness.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Engulfing Slagwurm Discussion
1 month ago
Love this deck... Thantis was a really cool card and I think this type of deck is the best way to play him.
1 month ago
Overall though, my main piece of advice for a Goreclaw deck is this: if a creature can do the same/similar job as a card in your deck, use the creature, i.e. Archetype of Endurance instead of Asceticism. Oh, and a personal favorite of mine is Engulfing Slagwurm.
I have a question though, I'm intrigued by The Mending of Dominaria here. How do you like it?
2 months ago
Good day, Triggerbolt. I have arrived to make your deck better. Here are some suggestions:
For card draw, Prime Speaker Zegana, Pull from Tomorrow, Bident of Thassa, Blue Sun's Zenith, Consecrated Sphinx, Nezahal, Primal Tide, Garruk's Packleader, Rishkar's Expertise, Zendikar Resurgent, Biomantic Mastery, Shaman of the Great Hunt, and Tishana, Voice of Thunder.
Cards to take out: Permeating Mass, Reef Worm, Soul of the Harvest, Phyrexian Ingester, Majestic Myriarch, Lifespring Druid, Grand Warlord Radha, Engulfing Slagwurm, Druid of the Cowl, Urban Burgeoning, Mind's Dilation, Kefnet's Last Word, Saheeli's Artistry, Fog, and Harrow.
2 months ago
And if you'd like, I have a deck featuring the partner commanders that you could check out; Bully Bullies is 83% competitive, and I think it's due to how much card-draw I've included; it has also won 3 out of 5 games.
3 months ago
Composite Golem has a 5 color identity.
Yavimaya Dryad ramp with a weird form of evasion, on a creature as well.
Acidic Slime it's the green commander staple, blows stuff up.
Brutalizer Exarch it's an acidic slime only mostly better.
Triumph of Ferocity kind of another draw engine enchantment.
Harmonize draw 3 spell in green.
Stingerfling Spider flyer removal on a body.
Roaring Primadox value engine.
Deadwood Treefolk value regrowth effect.
Affectionate Indrik he's a fighter.
4 months ago
- I actually do have Savage Lands in the deck... Just not on tapped out, so good catch on that one.
- I re-examined Endless Whispers and decided it NEEDED to go in, I forgot the trigger is not a "May" effect, so it can have a bizarre impact on the game. It would make games with creature sac-heavy decks quite unusual.
- I cannot possibly remove Titania's Song It is way too fun in this artifact-light deck to turn everyone's artifacts into no-ability agents of damage-dealing or using this enchantment as artifact removal - either way I'm happy. It also is an incredibly dopey-looking piece of old-school MtG art :)
- I like the ability to suspend Search for Tomorrow for .. but for a similar base cost cultivate does give me better future oomph & this deck won't worry about too many cards in hand, so I probably will make that switch.
- Depending on how it plays out in a larger group I may end up putting more removal in, however I'm not especially concerned with this deck on strategy locks, even this: Peacekeeper won't kill me considering all the oddball groupslug I have thrown in. My other consideration is additional card-draw: Enchantress's Presence could do some real work in here considering I end up running almost as many enchantments as an enchantress deck.
- Last cards I keep going back & forth on are Engulfing Slagwurm Hypergenesis and Frenzied Fugue - Fugue is such a pet-card for me & it hits PERMANENTS so stealing planeswalkers for an extra round does have its appeal.
4 months ago
NOTE: The Cards at the front of each suggestion are the cards you should put in, not take out.
You should probably switch out Gruul Turf for Stomping Ground. Gruul Turf sets you a turn or two behind, which is not good for an aggro deck. Why are you running 4 Azusas when she is legendary? The most I'd run is three, as you can only have one out a time. How are you going to get creatures in the grave for Ghoultree? Also, have you considered the Arbor Elf and Utopia Sprawl combo? The best manabase I think for this deck would look this this:
I think that this manabase, esp. with Azuza, is very good, allowing you to get your big guys out quickly. However, I think you could change your creatures as well. There are two ways you can do this, you could either go wide (lots of creatures) or the grow big (a few huge creatures). I have provided cards for both of them
I put the Nissas in here because her Elemental making ability can come in handy while trying to cast Ghalta or for extra mana (untapping the land with Sprawl)
So, not much change, but that little change makes a lot of difference. Also, Lightning Bolt needs to change. You need something that can kill something, no matter the size. Good Luck!
4 months ago
You could swap out the instants and sorceries so Vaevictis has a higher success rate.
Engulfing Slagwurm is great to block any troublesome creature, or attack with it and force opponents to block. Flameblade Angel burns opponents when they attack or block you. Hornet Nest can give you lots of deadly tokens when opponents attack you. Dinosaurs with enrage like Polyraptor, Ripjaw Raptor, and Silverclad Ferocidons could be helpful.
Similarly, Phyrexian Obliterator, Vengeful Pharaoh, Mikaeus, the Unhallowed, and Dread, with the Pharaoh being great to sacrifice to Vaevictis since it comes back, and Mikaeus bringing almost all your creatures back again. Vigor just protects all your creatures from combat damage and makes them even bigger.