Creature — Wurm
Whenever Engulfing Slagwurm blocks or becomes blocks by a creature, destroy that creature. You gain life equal to that creature's toughness.
Printings View all
|Scars of Mirrodin (SOM)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Engulfing Slagwurm Discussion
1 month ago
1 month ago
Engulfing Slagwurm for true Om Nom. It just has uber-deathtouch and heals you.
4 months ago
@mikeb388 I think Engulfing Slagwurm is a fine budget option, but for this deck it just doesn't have enough impact when it hits the board. If a creature doesn't generate value when it enters the battlefield, your run the risk of a removal spell robbing you of the opportunity to do anything with it. That could potentially be a huge tempo swing.
6 months ago
I'm just remembering that there are a few creatures that will destroy blockers before damage is even dealt, and these are great to put lure onto:
These were found using a Gatherer search of Rules Text "becomes blocked" and "destroy".
9 months ago
Nice! You might like these: Wild Beastmaster , Frontier Siege , Mark of Sakiko , Hunter's Prowess , Rishkar's Expertise , Inquisitor's Flail , Fireshrieker , Grappling Hook , Tempting Licid , Engulfing Slagwurm , Kusari-Gama , Viridian Joiner , God-Eternal Rhonas , Majestic Myriarch , Fungal Sprouting . Whoops and almost forgot Forgotten Ancient
11 months ago
Not to say that I haven't enjoyed miracle Revenge of the Hunted onto an Engulfing Slagwurm or Precursor Golem before (still events that end the game), but yeah protection isn't really my thought on something to do with a lure creature.
1 year ago
user:LVL_666 hey im computer stupid ha, ill learn thank you.
Gargos, Vicious Watcher i actually love this card. I had him in my Red Green Modern Hydra deck for a while, but decided to make a different deck with him. Its mono green Modern Hydra Fight deck. also gave me an excuse to use use Arena.
Yea its all good ha. I did update the wurm deck, its even more tribal than before, what is your thoughts? I did put Beast Within, and a shitload of tutors.
Side note. I haven't lost a game with the updated deck yet. One game i even started with 0 lands and won by the 10th turn. Of course small pool, obviously need to go on mtgo or to the game store. Played against Jodah, Archmage Eternal, Muldrotha, the Gravetide, Golos, Tireless Pilgrim, and Atraxa, Praetors' Voice.
1 year ago
Thank you for the reply!
- Archetype of Endurance - I ran this for a short bit, and almost never cast it in lieu of something else. After 10+ games of it essentially being a dead card, I took it out.
- Krosan Drover / Goreclaw, Terror of Qal Sisma - I've never consideres doing cost reduction for this deck, as it doesn't help with kamahl's abilities. I prefer ways to generate more mana as it helps to the flow of the deck. I do run goreclaw in my animar deck though because its an amazing card.
- Quicksilver Amulet - great card, I'll have to playtest it and see how it goes.
- Garruk's Horde - I ran this early on and took it out. At 7cmc, odds are I won't cast anything else the turn I cast this. So my opponents will have extra knowledge of what'd in my hand with no immediate payoff.
- Engulfing Slagwurm - I love this card and ran it for a long time. It never survived a round before getting nuked. I may consider putting it back in though because its fantastic.