Nissa, Vital Force
Planeswalker — Nissa
+1: Untap target land you control. Until your next turn, it becomes a 5/5 Elemental creature with haste. It's still a land.
-3: Return target permanent card from your graveyard to your hand.
-6: You get an emblem with "Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, you may draw a card."
|Want (6)||Meanee , StillStorming , Luzaich , spaceyjdjames , Waltbo , Rabu|
Printings View all
|Kaladesh (KLD)||Mythic Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Nissa, Vital Force occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.01%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.04%
Nissa, Vital Force Discussion
13 hours ago
These cards are all budget and fit your deck.
Nissa, Vital Force for a one-turn-later ult
Parallel Evolution to double tokens
Second Harvest to double tokens
Spearbreaker Behemoth as boardwipe protection (30 mana for 30 tokens) as even Titania creates 5-power tokens
18 hours ago
Interesting build. If this is really a Hydra deck, then Gargos, Vicious Watcher is probably the better general but Nylea, Keen-Eyed is a cool choice. Also, there are a few interesting picks in here. First off, I would cut one of your two Genesis Waves for a Forest or some other green non-basic or utility land. I'll stick with non-creature spells for now. I'd for sure take out Tempt with Discovery in favor of a Skyshroud Claim, Circuitous Route, or Explosive Vegetation. Other than that everything in non-creatres looks pretty good. If you're looking for cuts I'll list the top few cards I think could get cut. Nissa, Vital Force doesn't seem at her best since you don't have too much landfall synergy. Bow of Nylea isn't an amazing card, but it is a super utility piece and it's very flavorful. I'd also say you could try slotting in a Kenrith's Transformation or a similar green removal enchantment. Return to Nature, Krosan Grip, or Reclamation Sage (Since you're running Woodland Bellower) could also warrant a slot for additional removal. You also seem a tad bit short on card draw. You've got a little bit, but I think it could be bolstered a bit. Harmonize, Zendikar Resurgent, Guardian Project, and Lifecrafter's Bestiary are all good options. Just a couple other ideas here: Rhonas's Monument, Nissa's Pilgrimage, Shared Summons, and maybe a Triumph of the Hordes or Overwhelming Stampede.
2 weeks ago
Just run Sisay, Weatherlight Captain as your commander, and you can have a legal commander deck you can play anywhere. The Genju is recursive, so once you tutor it up once, it's effectively the same as having it as your commander, since you wouldn't want to pay the command tax, instead returning it to your hand when it dies, anyway.
The other good thing about Sisay is you can tutor up Nissa, Vital Force , Nissa, Who Shakes the World , Nissa, Worldwaker , Noyan Dar, Roil Shaper , Titania, Protector of Argoth , Arixmethes, Slumbering Isle , Jolrael, Empress of Beasts , and Anthousa, Setessan Hero . All of that will add quite a bit of on-theme power to your plan.
1 month ago
Are you asking us if you should add that into the deck or are you just offering Will another card that provides interaction? More ideas...
Nissa, Vital Force - Cut for other Nissa. You said yourself you have blockers and a maze of ith now to protect her. They either attack your commander and let you ult next turn, or you have bait. I understand the synergy with early harvest, but, with only half your lands as forests, the passive isn't best spent. It also provides recursion and can untap cradle. Fun times with Rude Awakening .
Natural Order - Sac a dork, set seedborn or any other creature you need.
City of Solitude - Very surprised this isn't in the deck already. Stops blue and interaction during your turn, allowing you to combo off. You only have 8 instants in the deck, one of them being crop rotation so this doesn't hurt you too badly. I understand you already run boseju, cavern, autum, veil and choke, but City acts a silver bullet to some decks and I do not think it should be overlooked without serious consideration.
Mirri's Guile - Comes down quickly, acts as your top that you don't put in the deck given your artifact hate. It works very well with fetch lands.
Why don't you run fetchlands? It would synergize well with Courser and help thin your deck as well.
1 month ago
Very nice build! You might like these: Perilous Forays (super strong with your general! essentially allows you to pay 1 mana to ramp 1 land and deal 3 damage), Fertilid (elemental that ramps!), Retreat to Kazandu (great with Fertilid, still cool otherwise), Greenwarden of Murasa , Fierce Empath , Warstorm Surge , Budoka Gardener , Animist's Awakening , Genesis Wave , World Shaper , Splendid Reclamation , Embodiment of Insight , Nissa, Vital Force , Nissa, Worldwaker , Generator Servant
1 month ago
- All of the above suggestions I agree with.
- I would also say that you are trying to cast big 4 mana/ 5 mana spells so youll need more ramp to do that. I have a mono green version simular to your deck. Mono Green Control!?!. I am running an extra mana dork which can really be helpful. You have a lot of double green spells.
- As for the maybe board Vivien Reid isnt gonna dig for the spells you want it finds creatures I wouldnt put it in. Nissa, Vital Force makes you commit more to green being you will have so many doubel green spells. If you are going to add a Nissa i would add Nissa, Who Shakes the World . If you are playing a lot of infect Melira, Sylvok Outcast might help you out but its a SB card at best. Spellskite is a soild SB card against burn. Plow Under is double green, but you in a way get to Time Walk . They have to redraw cards they have already played, and are cut off mana giving you ad advantage. It helps the most when you are in the lead, when behind it is not a great play. Kessig Wolf Run might be a "win more card" its fine when you have no cards in hand, but i dont forsee that happening being you have big spells, so youll only really cast 1 spell a turn. Surgical Extraction helps with graveyard decks 2x SB is where I would put it if you fight those decks.
1 month ago
Thank you again for all the awesome suggestions.
- Nissa, Vital Force - great card and one I'll definitely be taking a close look at.
- Return of the Wildspeaker - I've been on the edge with this. It's a fantastic card and being instant speed makes it over the top. I really do utilize Garruk's +1 a lot though, especially if I got a slow start. I'm getting a full art foil though and trade it in to test it.
- Yavimaya Hollow / Cavern of Souls - the foils are expensive and I've been putting effort into some other decks. But they will both be in the deck at some eventually.
- Tooth and Nail - I really don't have a valid excuse for not running it. It's hard to explain, but I just dont like it for this deck (vague and lame, I know). Like you said, avenger and hoofy can win with this card, IF I have a haste outlet. I dont know... it will probably make it's way in the deck at some point, as of now. I'm being rebellious and nonconformist towards it.
- Thespian's Stage - good call. I'll have to play around and make sure it doesn't screw around with my early game too much by having too many non green sources in my land base.
- Song of the Dryads - good call. I'll pick one up next time I order cards.
1 month ago
Want your opinions on the following (sorry if I have previously suggested these, it's been a while since we spoke and I'm a bit inebriated at the moment).
Nissa, Vital Force - Makes cradle a creature (although I suppose you can do that with ur cmdr), recursion, and a super easy to ult that can provides steady card advantage
Return of the Wildspeaker > Garruk Primal Hunter. I just recently made this change for the following reasons.... 1) Garruk's -3 can be responded to with removal so you lose 2 things. Alternatively, you can use this in response to removal. 2) Easier mana requirement (not entirely relevant but hey). Idk if you use the +1 and ult on garruk, but this is worth noting.
Yavimaya Hollow - RL Card, useful, political.
Tooth and Nail - Avenger + Hoof with haste outlet or just Regal force to draw your deck.
Cavern of Souls - Because blue
Thespian's Stage - There is a lot of land matters in my meta so I use this to copy their coffers with their urborg out. The primary copy target in your deck is deserted temple. I know a lot of nonbasics are bad because of 1 drops but worth considering.