|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Kaladesh (KLD)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Nissa, Vital Force
Planeswalker — Nissa
+1: Untap target land you control. Until your next turn, it becomes a 5/5 Elemental creature with haste. It's still a land.
-3: Return target permanent card from your graveyard to your hand.
-6: You get an emblem with "Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, you may draw a card."
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (19)||perrin515 , tragic_slip , ZombieFood , westdoorblowsnow , maR2307 , Matgic , Sergal , dexxter7 , Nemesis , GoldGhost012 , thetechzombie , abby315 , brokendwarf , Vergil_Redgrail , MattN7498 , gildan_bladeborn , TheRealPeaches , mcstang1986 , hwagner|
|Want (3)||brokendwarf , mazrimtaim , Myris|
Nissa, Vital Force Discussion
7 hours ago
I would recommend taking out Gnarlwood Dryad as with only 4 artifacts and no enchantments it'll be hard to get delirium and you could move in Architect of the Untamed. Splashing blue would also help diversify and open some possibilities like Rogue Refiner or Confiscation Coup. I'm personally a big fan of nissa as well, you could try out Nissa, Steward of Elements or Nissa, Vital Force.
2 weeks ago
Hanweir Battlements could be a good land to add in for haste.
As far ans the new sets go, maybe Rishkar's Expertise, Nissa, Vital Force, Lifecrafter's Bestiary, Sheltered Thicket, Vizier of the Menagerie, Manglehorn is great artifact hate, Champion of Rhonas maybe.Hour of Promise is so good, Hour of Devastation can be good in certain matchups, Neheb, the Eternal is just a monster in red.
Either way, sweet build friend!
3 weeks ago
Hey there! Awesome deck you have here! I have a few suggestions for you:
- Crocodile of the Crossing is one of the best cards a Hapatra deck can have, as it's often a 5/4 with haste if you have another creature to shrink (such as possibly the Channeler Initiate that you can use to cast it on turn 3). I'd strongly recommend running the full 4.
- Decimator Beetle is also a strong option, though 2 or 3 is probably plenty.
- Lethal Sting is a great removal spell here, being easier on your mana than Never, and also almost definitely stronger than Splendid Agony.
- Nest of Scarabs is an absolutely insane card in this deck, and I'd highly recommend adding 3 more copies.
As for cuts,
- Nissa, Vital Force and Liliana, Death's Majesty don't really do much in this deck; I'd take them out, good cards they may be.
- Pulse of Murasa doesn't really do all that much in your deck, and a card that gains you some life and replaces itself is rarely worth the slot.
- Plague Belcher is definitely worse than Ammit Eternal, especially as the Ammit's counters can fuel a near-endless supply of Nest of Scarabs tokens.
- Hapatra's Mark doesn't really seem to do it for me. It might be good as a 1- or 2-of, but 3 copies seems pretty excessive. It's a reactive spell in a deck that really wants to be proactive.
In any case, I hope this helps! Happy Magic-ing!
4 weeks ago
I'm not a fan of Druid's Deliverance. Fog effects are cutesy; they stall the game for one turn if your opponents are relying on attack damage, but they don't help you win the game or stop combo decks/non-combat damage/life loss.
Some new card suggestions:
Edge of Autumn - Usually early game ramp
Karametra's Acolyte - The only usable, high cost mana dork (only for mono green)
Birds of Paradise - Just because it's mana acceleration
4 weeks ago
1) does this count towards getting a token from Oketra's Monument?
2) does it also count (until the end of that turn of course) toward Majestic Myriarch's power / toughness?
4 weeks ago
Thanks Hyperalgialysis! I couldn't resist a Monty Python joke for this "lands" deck.
I have tried using some walkers like Xenagos, the Reveler in the past, but I have never been that impressed by walkers in multi-player commander. I find that most walkers just die right away. Nissa, Sage Animist Flip I keep because of how well she plays into the deck's theme and the card advantage she provides. That being said, Nissa, Vital Force might be worth a try. I don't run enough swamps or mountains to make Koth or Liliana worthwhile, but if I eventually include Prismatic Omen they might worth revisiting.
4 weeks ago
At Tio_Infernape Thanks for your suggestion. It is tempting to run Nissa, Vital Force in the deck but I think I am going to pass. When I run planeswalkers in EDH I don't expect them to live very long. To me her +1 ability is somewhat underwhelming and with a kill spell puts you out a land. The -3 is a bit better but Eternal Witness does the same thing better but for less. Also I can abuse Eternal Witness with Soratami Mirror-Mage and Rite of Replication. Furthermore Eternal Witness is a lot more consistent with all the creature fetch I run. I will say that the -6 ability is rather nice. However I know they are easier to remove then an emblem but Horn of Greed and Tireless Tracker do almost the same thing. Thanks for your help if you have anymore suggestions I am all ears.
1 month ago
Hey fellow Omnath player!
Maybe consider the following: Azusa, Lost but Seeking, Lotus Cobra, Ramunap Excavator, Crucible of Worlds, Nissa, Vital Force, Greater Good, Perilous Forays, Burgeoning and Exploration. Just to name some options that'll perform well in this build. Here is my adaption of an Omnath build:
Commander / EDH*
SCORE: 139 | 142 COMMENTS | 14254 VIEWS | IN 58 FOLDERS
Maybe it can provide you with a few ideas! Good luck fam!