|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Rare|
|Duel Decks: Speed vs. Cunning (DDN)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Reveal the top five cards of your library and separate them into two piles. An opponent chooses one of those piles. Put that pile into your hand and the other into your graveyard.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (49)||bakunet , NobleSlay3r , Yawkcorb , Zhorus_The_Bauqret , Pelli , sonnet666 , lolpatrol , , Epidilius , Riders_of_Brohan , LegendDeer , geazykagar , ztanos , vashaclarens , mziter501 , Va1mar , SirFowler , itheoryz , Myllyes314 , golgarigirl , CampbellStev , mazrimtaim , Cazaz0816 , Regulus1010 , Mortiferus_Rosa , Kleptozaniac , goodair , PTsmitty , rockleemyhero , saj0219 , Ashy , Mousemke , jstn.mrrtt , electrolynx , bakeraj4 , NivStormfront , Fineontheoutside , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , Pumpkinking913 , bradyofportdetroit , redlegs_17 , REV666 , ZombieFood , Lindough , twospires , Antiat , Nebman227 , frederiklw , thetechzombie|
|Want (4)||kovellen , FF42 , foxboy93 , Elementalism|
Steam Augury Discussion
1 month ago
So I got Turnabout, Brainstorm, Condescend, Epic ExperimentF, Fact or Fiction, Dig Through Time, Counterspell, Impulse, RewindF, Steam Augury, Thought Vessel, Tezzeret's Gambit, Ponder, Preordain, Deep AnalysisF, Reliquary Tower, Shivan Reef, Sulfur Falls, Baral, Chief of Compliance, Young Pyromancer, Goblin Electromancer, Guttersnipe
I believe that's about $45 worth of stuff if I counted correctly. No idea how I'm gonna ship all of that affordably haha. Feel free to copy and paste this into a trade if you want to work something out :)
1 month ago
Hi, I was looking at the deck and have a few suggestions.
Elixir of Immortality - I'm not sure how this card ended up in your list as it just seems kind of bad. The only reason people play it is to protect their graveyard from being exiled, but with out any tutors (like your deck), shuffled into your deck is about the same as exiled. If you're running this for the life gain, I would strongly suggest Sangromancer instead.
Bontu's Last Reckoning - I know it seems like a 3 mana boardwipe, but it often costs you far more mana, especially in the late game when you can lose over 10 mana easily. I'd play Crux of Fate, Nevinyrral's Disk, or Chain Reaction as effective (not to mention cheap) low cmc wipes.
Steam Augury - This is a way worse Fact or Fiction, as fact or fiction gives you the better pile while steam augury gives you the worse (also if you can convince someone to give you all the cards in fact or fiction it's far less risky).
1 month ago
Thought Vessel is a great mana stone because it provides no maximum hand size, which in Izzet that's handy. And it's a mana stone so it doesn't hurt just accelerates.
Turnabout is a very easy card to abuse here, it's with 2 Experience. It's pretty much Infinite with Reiterate. Seething Song too, goes Infinite pretty easily with Reiterate. Infinite mana enables casting things like Blue Sun's Zenith to win. Guttersnipe can enable a Reiterate into a win-con too, Also works with Reset but have to exclude any sorcery spells you may want/need. Mana Geyser decent here too, but it's sorcery speed and only good for 4-Player Multi pod play. Reality Spasm is a quasi-Turnabout too but a little more mana to kick it off.
Laboratory Maniac is a common win-con with Enter the Infinite, can be tutored with Imperial Recruiter if you like too. Although not needed because I know your going to Beacon of Tomorrows infinitely, you'll need to rely on some protection being drawn, like Pact of Negation at minimum, preferably a Force of Will as well.
I love Jace, the Mind Sculptor, all the modes are amazing.
Foresee feels to high a CMC for me, and a sorcery. I dislike the uncertainty of Steam Augury can toss a combo, I know you have recursion Mystic Retrieval, Past in Flames etc, but I like to control my own destiny.
I'm pretty sure there's better than Meteor Blast? I think.
I don't think Rise from the Tides will win you the game, you don't output much damage along the way, plus how many are you going to get, especially if your using Flashback, etc, you're not really playing a mill yourself base either. You have much better like Mizzix's Mastery. Tunnel Vision perhaps could enable this, also Tunnel Vision has nice synergy with Jace, the Mind Sculptor, If you +2 him and it's not a basic land, you basically Tunnel Vision their entire library. Also, Tunnel Vision is really just another Tutor ability, because it finds a card in your deck (like Mizzix's Mastery for example) and put's it ontop, then draw it Brainstorm, you're already pre-loaded (a little random albeit for the Mizzix's Mastery to go off).
Definitely have lots of other ideas too, you can checkout my deck if interested has some discussion / combo / synergy. I just started working on my Mizzix of the Izmagnus again, he kind of got lots with me working on some Budget EDH decks, but now I'm back into playing him (and then tweaking him). Mine is different strategy, it's definitely more Infinite focused.
2 months ago
All right, finally got the chance to take a proper look at this. Let's start with additions:
- Spelljack. Mentioned this on Reddit, but I love this card.
- Cultivate. EDH staple, should be in 95% of green decks. Nothing more to say.
- Eternal Witness. Same as above.
- Sunbird's Invocation. This card leads to insane value swings. It's fantastic.
- Beast Within. Flexible, instant-speed removal in colors that usually lack it.
- Chaos Warp. Same as above.
- Etali, Primal Storm. This card is balanced by not having haste. Wanderer changes that.
- Pathbreaker Ibex. I have one-shotted several opponents with this, Xenagos, God of Revels, and Wanderer. Do not underestimate.
- Xenagos, God of Revels. 14/12 trample haste Wanderer is insane.
- Skyshroud Claim. One of my personal favorite ramp spells. Also fetches shocklands and battlelands (like Cinder Glade).
- Avenger of Zendikar. Wins games by itself.
- Simic Signet, Izzet Signet, and Gruul Signet. Some of the best ramp in EDH in a deck that really wants ramp. Slam dunk.
- Mystical Tutor. Sets up Wanderer really well.
- Temporal Mastery. Bonkers with Wanderer and tutoring it to top of library.
- Mind's Dilation. This card gives tons of value if not immediately dealt with.
All right, on to cuts:
- Archetype of Aggression. 3 mana 3/2s aren't great, and most of your stuff has trample anyways. Nice with Wanderer, but hurts to cascade into.
- Coiling Oracle. Not a bad card by any means, but I really don't want to cascade into this.
- Elvish Lyrist. Way too slow. Run Unravel the Aether if you really need this effect.
- Jori En, Ruin Diver. I like my card draw spells to be a little flashier than this in Wanderer.
- Siren Stormtamer. I mentioned this on Reddit, but 1 mana 1/1s are really not where you want to be in Wanderer, and I don't think this does what you want it to anyways.
- Verdant Sun's Avatar. Lifegain is nice, but there are better things to do with 7 mana.
- Displace. I'm not seeing a ton of ETB effects to abuse here.
- High Tide. Not great in a 3-color non-combo deck.
- Steam Augury. Strictly worse Fact or Fiction. Meh.
- Unsummon. Not nearly good enough for EDH play. Card disadvantage and allowing re-use of ETB effects seems bad.
- Panharmonicon. Still don't think you have enough ETB effects to abuse.
- Attune with Aether. Not actual ramp; not worth 1 mana.
- Invigorating Falls. I really don't like cards that do nothing but gain life.
I think that's all I can come up with at the moment. Feel free to look at my decklist (Wandering the Eternities) if you'd like other suggestions. Good luck with your deck! I think you'll find it's a ton of fun :)
2 months ago
I like the deck, but isnt it a little heavy on creatures to support cards like Enigma Geists and Wee Dragonnauts? I suggest cutting some of the weaker creatures (Ornithopter, Surveilling Sprite, Spiketail Hatchling, etc.), and add some more cheap cantrips or spells with Flashback, Buyback, or Rebound Reckless Charge, Artful Dodge, Distortion Strike, Mystic Retrieval, Deep Analysis.
5 months ago
Can't see any real use for Chandra, Fire of Kaladesh Flip, Steam Augury, Tibalt, the Fiend-Blooded (since you dont have Doubling Season he's way too slow), Mechanized Production and Deploy the Gatewatch. The last card won't work in this deck.. I had the exact same deck idea only with 25 walkers and even then it didn't work all the time.
5 months ago
I would have to agree with dzapf2008 you are a bit mana heavy, heavy control decks only run 23-24 lands. If you are not looking to upgrade, changing the Lightning Strikes for Lightning Bolts, Dissolves for Disallows then I would drop the 4 lightning strikes, they are not super mana efficient and you already have the shocks, when you do switch to Lightning Bolt then you can drop the Shocks. I would also drop the Goblin Dark-Dwellers, Psychosis Crawler, and Sphinx of Magosi, and bump up the Thing in the Ice Flip and consider running a few Bedlam Revelers, they can replace the Steam Augurys nicely. They will both draw you cards, but one is a threat, and with all the counters you have it will be difficult for it to be removed. You could also move the Pyroclasm to the sideboard, if their creatures wont die to your removal then pycroclasm wont help either. I think this just needs a bit more focus, it seems like a toolbox more than a smoothly running deck right now.
6 months ago
So here's a list of the cards that I got for the deck:
- Kess, Dissident Mage
- Nekusar, the Mindrazer
- Hypnotic Specter
- Shimian Specter
- Crosis, the Purger
- Lone Revenant
- Etherium-Horn Sorcerer
- Spellbound Dragon
- Docent of Perfection Flip
- Wildfire Eternal
- Talrand, Sky Summoner
- Izzet Chemister
- Goblin Electromancer
- Pain Seer
- Nin, the Pain Artist
- Master of the Feast
- Psychosis Crawler
- Shadowmage Infiltrator
- Dragon Mage
- Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind
- Arcanis the Omnipotent
- Mercurial Chemister
- Polymorphist's Jest
- Illusionist's Gambit
- Call the Skybreaker
- Vicious Shadows
- Wit's End
- Pyromancer Ascension (WTF?)
- Coastal Breach
- Ever After
- Wrecking Ball (will probably replace with Dreadbore)
- Sever the Bloodline
- Cyclonic Rift
- Wound Reflection
- Reforge the Soul
- Whispering Madness
- Spiteful Visions
- Painful Truths
- Fevered Visions
- Night's Whisper
- Mind Shatter
- Damnable Pact
- Faithless Looting
- Necromantic Selection
- Mob Rule
- Wild Ricochet
- Steam Augury
- Mizzix's Mastery
- Urza's Rage
- Howl of the Horde
- Harness by Force
- Crosis's Charm
- Breaking Point
- Mizzium Mortars
- Epic Experiment
- Comet Storm
- Burning Wish
- Subterranean Tremors
- Fall of the Titans
- Sol Ring
- Izzet Signet
- Rakdos Signet
- Dimir Signet
- Mind Stone
- Commander's Sphere
- Darksteel Ingot
- Solemn Simulacrum
- Izzet, Rakdos, Dimir Fetches, Shocks, Temples, Checks
- Reliquary Tower
- Demonic Tutor / Vampiric Tutor
- Mystical Tutor
- Thought Vessel
- Lightning Greaves and Swiftfoot Boots
- Blue Sun's Zenith
- Temple Bell
- Jace's Archivist
- Day's Undoing
- Baby Jace Flip
- Waste Not
- Cryptic Command
- Mystic Confluence
- Keranos, God of Storms
- Torment of Hailfire
- Darksteel Plate
- Worn Powerstone
- Teferi's Puzzle Box
- Howling Mine
- Liliana's Caress
- Dictate of Kruphix
- Magus of the Wheel
- Kami of the Crescent Moon
- Seizan, Perverter of Truth
- Whirlpool Warrior
- Wheel and Deal
- Arcane Denial
- Ponder / Preordain / Brainstorm
- Wheel of Fate
- Diabolic Tutor
- Cruel Ultimatum
- Font of Mythos
- Propaganda >:)
- Jace Beleren