|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Ravnica: City of Guilds||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Eye of the Storm
Whenever a player casts an instant or sorcery card, exile it. Then that player copies each instant or sorcery card exiled with Eye of the Storm. For each copy, the player may cast the copy without paying its mana cost.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Eye of the Storm Discussion
1 week ago
Eye of the Storm + Temporal Trespass + Fathom Trawl would combo really well together, would add a fun secondary win condition. Essentially infinite turns until you run out of instants, at which point you've likely already won.
1 week ago
Did you consider dropping an Eye of the Storm into the deck for giggles?
1 week ago
@Archwizard: I see. Well, is he at least useful for stuff regarding deck boxes, sleeves, etc? I plan to run Enter the Infinite, Omniscience, Beacon of Tomorrows chronolock, even two equipment that works especially well on an emergency commander damage ordeal. I don't suppose the 30 lands of choice need to have basics? We do have Ruination you know... ;). Though I am considering Mind's Desire as a last ditch effort to win a game; But wouldn't just 30 lands merely mean mana starvation? This I actually want answered as this is going to be tough to make IF I include ABU Duals... Oh, and Eye of the Storm seems promising...
1 week ago
Some cool options in this list. Mana Severance and Ideas Unbound are pretty neat.
- Brainstorm is great for setting up Melek.
- Temporal Fissure probably belongs in main. If you're not running extra turns, bouncing all the lands is a good way to protect your board if you intend to win with Empty the Warrens.
- If you're setting up to protect an Empty the Warrens board, Rise from the Tides may be a worthwhile include.
- How do you stave off early aggression? The lack of mana rocks seems to indicate that your earliest viable combo turn is 5-7, which is plenty of time for an aggressive deck to kill you.
- I agree with the previous commenter that Curious Homunculus Flip is probably better than Deranged Assistant in this list.
- They may be too expensive to cast with this design, but other fun payoff options are Sphinx-Bone Wand and Eye of the Storm.
2 weeks ago
Glad I could help :)
If you haven't used it before, EDHRec can be a very handy site for seeing what sorts of cards people commonly use for certain commanders or what cards people tend to use together. Don't be afraid to go off of the beaten path if there are combos you want to use, but it can be really handy for just getting a general idea of the sorts of directions people have found effective.
If you're looking for some less common Melek options, there's some fun storm enablers out there:
- Peregrine Drake and Great Whale can go infinite with High Tide and Capsize in the right circumstances. Or at ridiculous budgets, there's Palinchron. Those combos are more typical in Mono-U, but the cost reduction effects in this deck make them possible (if janky).
- Ghostly Flicker + Archaeomancer can give you repeatable flickers, with which there are many ways to go infinite.
- Eye of the Storm is typically played in chaos decks, but in Storm, it can go absolutely bananas since you get storm count for every spell you cast off of it. It's one of my all-time-favorite jank rares.
Also, welcome to the format :) What it lacks from the brutal efficiency of Modern, I think it makes up for in the crazy board states and rules interactions. Plus it's a great place to finally get to play all those cool 7-mana bombs that can never find a home in the 20-life formats. EDH: Where you can hard-cast Enter the Infinite and still have 15 mana left over to win.
3 weeks ago
SURE, WHY NOT?
I'm gonna keep this brief.
3 weeks ago
Hey! Got some ideas for your chaos deck....first a combo with cards that are intersting alone but hilarious together, Timesifter + Stranglehold = extra turns for only you, other people get turns too just less often... some more free stuff...Omen Machine, Temporal Aperture, Unexpected Results, Master of Predicaments, Hazoret's Undying Fury, Mind's Dilation, Eye of the Storm ... fun and useful thingys like Clever Impersonator, Mirage Mirror.... Homeward Path combos with the Perplexing Chimera and probably other chaos cards in here already. Teferi's Realm is crazy, Zur's Weirding is troll status for sure plus cascade is unaffected by it, Nature's Will and Bear Umbra because they're so good with Yidris. Good luck :)