|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Ravnica: City of Guilds (RAV)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Eye of the Storm
Whenever a player casts an instant or sorcery card, exile it. Then that player copies each instant or sorcery card exiled with Eye of the Storm. For each copy, the player may cast the copy without paying its mana cost.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Eye of the Storm Discussion
1 week ago
Library of Leng is great in Nekusar for avoiding your own discards. Also no max hand size is nice. Perplex is nice as a counterspell if you need it, but its real value is in tutoring for 3 cmc cards. I think Eye of the Storm is really funny in Nekusar if you can get multiple wheel effects on it. Whirlpool Warrior is a wheel effect on a stick. Ebony Owl Netsuke is a good pain card.
1 week ago
Also it's kinda a troll card, but if you can stack windfall effects onto Eye of the Storm it can be pretty scary.
2 weeks ago
I see your average cmc is 2-4, playing 39 land might be a little much, you might want to switch to 37 instead. Celestial Dawn doesn't really do anything, for a 1 colour opponent you don't do anything and a 5 colour opponent you only help get his/her mana fix. Eye of the Storm, you only have 17 instants and sorceries considering you have played eye of the storm before you play any instants or sorceries you can cast 17 times the instants and sorceries under Eye of the Storm. Now imagine someone playing an izzet deck, that guy will go totally nuts by casting a ton of spells with Eye of the Storm and he will kill you with a whole lotta spells. Oblivion Ring and variants are great for zedruu, you exile something with Oblivion Ring and then you donate the Oblivion Ring. You gain life and cards and you have exiled something. Alhammarret's Archive will help you gain life and draw cards even more through zedruu. And a Laboratory Maniac as third win condition (next to Felidar Sovereign and Insurrection) can't hurt either.
2 weeks ago
Great deck, I love chaos +1. I must say, however; I prefer Psychic Battle to Grip of Chaos. It hits spells with multiple targets, reveals a card from the top of everyone's libraries, is one mana cheaper and can be less predictable. It's especially hilarious when there's a chain of spells on Eye of the Storm.
3 weeks ago
Buufreak, You are wrong.
AFAIK, Even If you stack Eye of the Storm above Possibility Storm, Possibility Storm will still do its stuff, no matter if that spell is already exiled. It doesn't target, so lack of it doesn't matter.
Ill explain each possibility:
Possibility Storm goes below Eye of the Storm - Eye resolves first, You may cast any of spells exiled earlier, however neither of them trigger additional Possibility Storm due to not being cast from hand. After resolving each of those spells, You normally resolve Possibility Storm. When You hit another instant/sorcery with it, Eye of the Storm triggers again, letting You cast all spells that were exiled before (including that spell cast from your hand at very beggining). When all spells You decided to copy resolve, we are done.
Eye of the Storm below Possibility Storm - PS resolves, You exile it and dig for instant/sorcery, then may cast it. It triggers another Eye of the Storm. Exile it and You may cast all spells exiled with it earlier BUT NOT THAT FIRST FROM HAND (it was exiled with PS not, Eye). After casting all desired copies, go to first Eye trigger and resolve it as normal.
The main difference between both ways is that letting Eye resolve first, allow to copy that spell later with Eye. If Possibility Storm resolves first, spells cast from hand doesn't happen at all.
At first it may not matter, but knowing this You may decide if instants/sorcs cast from hands at all.
1 month ago
1 month ago
Hey guys, I am revamping my Jhoira of the Ghitu deck and I am getting a lot of cards that would go great with the enchantment Eye of the Storm. Getting it out onto the battlefield is not a problem (suspension), but what is a problem is getting it into my hand. This card is definitely a win-con for me so I ask you guys what can I do, if anything, that will get me that card into my hand?
1 month ago
I wrote a bit comment and it got eaten by TappedOut. So, apologies for the brevity on this rewrite. These are a few suggestions based on a similar deck of mine.
- Mind's Desire and Temporal Fissure are both excellent storm payoffs. The former is one of the best hits from Epic Experiment and the latter can bounce every land as a pseudo Time Walk if you need to swing with tokens.
- Sphinx-Bone Wand and Docent of Perfection Flip are two additional options for win-cons if you so desire.
- Pull from the Deep and Mystic Retrieval are good options for re-casting your rituals/untap effects
- More free spells like Frantic Search or Rewind might be worth it. The latter can at worst counter your own spells with High Tide.
- I personally really like Eye of the Storm. It's expensive, it can backfire, but if you untap with it, it's almost impossible to lose. It goes effectively infinite with a lot of cards.
- Mizzix of the Izmagnus is almost definitely worth it.
- I think the 1-shot token producers are probably not that great. They're reasonably good with Purphoros, but I don't think that's worth 6 slots in the deck. Don't worry about creature count in Melek. A lot of Melek decks actually go creatureless for the Proteus Staff combo.
- Phyrexian Altar is probably really borderline unless you're running something like Fall of the Titans to just win without having to go an extra turn by saccing out all of your Empty the Warrens tokens.
- Strionic Resonator is at best a very situational fork in Melek. It's probably better to spend your mana on a cheap cantrip / draw spell like Gitaxian Probe or Treasure Cruise.
- Echo Mage is really expensive and vulnerable for its effect. You have to pump 7 mana and wait a turn to copy 1 spell. At that point, you're probably better off casting Eye of the Storm.