Reveal the top ten cards of your library. Starting with the next opponent in turn order, each opponent chooses a different nonland card from among them. Put the chosen cards into your hand and the rest on the bottom of your library in a random order.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Manifold Insights Discussion
1 week ago
Good deck otherwise
2 weeks ago
AKBZ The cards you mention are fine additions. If I were to make six cuts to include those cards, I would cut Manifold Insights, Nissa, Vital Force, Dack Fayden, Vizier of the Menagerie, Rhystic Study, and Fact or Fiction.
3 months ago
Monastery Mentor, Dragonlord Ojutai, Manifold Insights, Fact or Fiction, Azorius Signet, Commander's Sphere, Baral, Chief of Compliance, Docent of Perfection Flip, Dynavolt Tower, Niblis of Frost, Primal Amulet Flip, Sphinx-Bone Wand, Curious Homunculus Flip, reconaissance, Thaumatic Compass Flip, Maze of Ith, Nimbus Maze,
3 months ago
how does Manifold Insights work out on average? Giving your oppenents the choice always felt a bit awkward to me. I am also curious if you would run the counter top pair if the CMC of your meta is a little more scattered?
5 months ago
I didn't check on this site for quite some time - now i'd like to respond and comment on your list, deadmanwaltzing, cause I also did some playtesting and changes to mine. I'll create a deck soon to also show you my current list.
Last time I asked a lot of questions regarding some cardchoices. Maybe you didn't feel like answering to all of these, so this time I'm gonna just outline the cardchoices that are different in my list from yours. Also, I'd like to tell you that I agree with most of your decisions regarding your development of a competitive Arbiter-List and that I respect you as the more experienced player in this regard.
I started playing EDH about a year ago in a quite competitive playgroup (General Tazri, Teferi, Derevi, Prosh, meanwhile also a Thrasios/Tymna list, a Keranos, a Rashmi and a Kaho which is very fun to play against). Starting with Brago I shifted to GAA4 because it felt like my Brago was always a bit slow in comparism to the others at the table... With GAA4 everyone is frowning at your Commander, hoping that it doesn't come down in T1-2 :) also I do like the control-playstyle and the interaction it provides.
Well, the different cardchoices in my list are:
- Gitaxian Probe
- Spell Pierce | I don't run Flusterstorm
- Prismatic Lens
- Sphere of Resistance | I don't run Torpor Orb
- Reshape | Don't have Transmute Artifact yet
- Whir of Invention
- Blue Sun's Zenith | I don't run Sphinx's Revelation but not 100% sure
- Thirst for Knowledge | I don't run Manifold Insights
- Glen Elendra Archmage | Instead of Wrath of God because I feel like non-creature spells are a lot stronger and both the Yisan-Deck and the Derevi-Deck aren't present in my playgroup anymore
- Consecrated Sphinx still playtesting - current experiences: good in midrange- and, prism-matchups. Actually awfully slow in most games against combo or combo/control
Cards I don't run from your list are:
- Into the Roil
- Relic of Progenitus
- Mystic Gate
- and Mana Drain & Timetwister which are obvious inclusions but I couldn't afford them yet.
I currently think about how to get rid of Staff of Domination because it feels clunky lots of times when drawn to early and Sensei's Divining Top also does his job together with Scepter. I will playtest an Academy Ruins for the case that Top gets countered. Also Lotus Petal might be good in matchups like General Tazri and Thrasios/Tymna where they are quite slowed with Arbiter in play and you want fast mana as soon as possible...
6 months ago
Hey I've been playing Kess, Dissident Mage since she was released and I love her. Some simple changes you could make to your deck are as follows-
- Kess, Dissident Mage loves instants and sorceries more than creatures, she especially loves Tutors and "cantrip's" (spells that do an effect and then replace themselves) since she can cast them twice they become card advantage. You have many cheap options I would add Gitaxian Probe, Ponder, Preordain, Impulse, Opt and maybe Serum Visions and Brainstorm for cantrips and Gamble, Dark Petition possibly Merchant Scroll, Beseech the Queen and Mystical Tutor for tutors. The cantrips will also help you hit early land drops.
- Your mana curve is pretty scary for a deck with only 29 lands you need to take that down a bit or add more lands probably do both. Decks with 29 lands run all the cantrips and have a average CMC of around 2 not 3.5
- You have Windfall how about a Notion Thief? Its quite powerful when flashed in in response to someones draw spell.
- The dragon theme doesnt make any sense and is very counter intuitive to what your deck is trying to do. You should probably cut all the dragons and dragon related spells.
- My favorite win condition for Kess, Dissident Mage is using Aetherflux Reservoir and Isochron Scepter with Dramatic Reversal to cast infinite spells and gain infinite life. If you went that rout adding Fabricate, Muddle the Mixture maybe Shred Memory and Whir of Invention would probably be a good idea.
- I think you could also probably cut The Locust God, Skullclamp and Unstable Obelisk instead of those add Dimir Signet and hopefully Talisman of Indulgence, Talisman of Dominance and for draw add cards like Fact or Fiction, Manifold Insights or Dig Through Time and Treasure Cruise. You can add Faithless Looting and Frantic Search to preload the graveyard to pay for the last two spells.
- Dark Petition, Dark Ritual and Cabal Ritual are great mana producing spells for Kess, Dissident Mage
your counter magic suite is a little weak you probably want Chain of Vapor, Swan Song, Counterspell, Delay and Dispel along with Negate. take out any counterspell that cost more than 2 mana.
- Baral, Chief of Compliance is super good at reducing the cost of your spells as well. With him add Red Elemental Blast and Pyroblast depending on meta.
- These changes will make you weaker to creatures run Reality Shift, Snap, Rapid Hybridization, Fire Covenant and Earthquake
6 months ago
LabManiac_Cameron- First off love the deck. I really like the different lines of play that are available that also use very differnt methods so that you can just be hosed by graveyard removal or counter magic. I am curious about how well Counterbalance is working out? if the average cmc of decks you are against were to be a bit more scattered would you still run Counterbalance? If not what would you run in its place?How well does Manifold Insights work out on average?
Thank you for the back and forth I have had a hard time figuring out what else to do with my deck for a while now.
6 months ago
Hey, I saw you are playing Manifold Insights, and I have been thinking about adding it to some of my decks, but I wanted to ask you:
Is it good in general for blue decks?
Is it good enough in spite of the fact that EDH won't always have 3 or more opponents? (Especially since not all players die simultaneously.)
Is it good enough in spite of the fact that opponents can choose what you draw?