|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Cat
Other Cats you control get +1/+1 and have lifelink.
When Regal Caracal enters the battlefield, create two 1/1 white Cat creatue tokens with lifelink.
Regal Caracal Discussion
2 weeks ago
For starters, I would drop all the noncreature spells you're currently playing. That gives you 8 cards to work with; 4 of those are Path to Exile (or if you still want to keep it kinda budget On Thin Ice ) and for the other 4 I'd play Metallic Mimic . When you have access to potentially 16 one-drops (all really good one-drops, at that) Mimic is pretty insane.
After that, I'd cut down 2 Regal Caracal and a land (or -3 Caracal and -2 lands) and finish the playsets of Loam Lion , Savannah Lions , and Pride Sovereign . Caracal is a super strong card, but with a really good lord like King of the Pride and equally good aggro 1-2 drops, you don't actually need it.
Another thing you could do if you cut all the Caracals is play a set of Aether Vial . You would be able to get away with 21 lands that way since the top end of your curve would be 3 cmc and you'd have Vial. To make it simple, the changes would be this: -3 Caracal , -3 Forest/Plains, +1 Loam Lion , +1 Pride Sovereign , +4 Aether Vial . Given the power of Aether Vial, this would be the most competitive way to make this deck in my humble opinion.
For late game card advantage, 4 Horizon Canopy will do the trick, especially after cutting Caracals and even more so with Vial. As for the rest of the mana base, it's relatively simple to upgrade: 4 Windswept Heath , 2-3 Temple Garden , some fast lands and maybe a check land, and voila!
A final tip: if you have the gall, you can cut a set of 1-drops to fit in a set of Leonin Arbiter . Not only is it on theme, but it is great against more competitive decks with fetches and works with Path to Exile and Ghost Quarter . Arbiter is especially good at instant speed with Aether Vial since you can flash it in in response to a fetch, so there's some more incentive to turn this into a Vial deck. Remember not to play fetches yourself, though.
Hope this helps!
3 weeks ago
Some new updates of the deck:
- Jedit Ojanen of Efrava : too slow, often too small in the late game to be effective
- Abundance : It was either this card, Ajani, Strength of the Pride or Stalking Tiger , and both of the latter had only just been added. Abundance is a nice combo with Sylvan Library , but it's too difficult to assemble without more enchantment searching effect.
- Kemba, Kha Regent : With only 6 pieces of equipment, this isn't the best option anymore. In the original commander deck where 14 were available, there is a stronger case, but I've felt this as being an increasingly underwhelming draw.
- Saltcrusted Steppe : Very underwhelming as a storage land in this build, it feels like an easy cut.
The new hotness:
- Felidar Guardian : This has some synergies with the ETBs of other cats such as Regal Caracal and Qasali Slingers , but otherwise it's just another cat body.
- Sword of Feast and Famine : A Bear Umbra effect that can at least benefit from Hammer of Nazahn .
- Enlightened Tutor : An easy way to fetch out a Sol Ring early game or Mirari's Wake late game to ramp you into Arahbo, Roar of the World and pay for attacking triggers or to pay for a big Finale of Devastation .
- Gavony Township : Had been on the radar a long time, but only had access to one once another deck was deconstructed.
1 month ago
4 months ago
I think your theatrical feline cast is a bit thin and you might want to look over a few potential talents such as Regal Caracal , Adorned Pouncer , Balan, Wandering Knight , Brimaz, King of Oreskos , Jazal Goldmane , Jareth, Leonine Titan , Leonin Abunas , Leonin Shikari , Leonin Warleader , Oreskos Explorer and Raksha Golden Cub to fill out any roles you may have.
UsagiBlade on meow
4 months ago
Cards to consider adding:
- Fleecemane Lion Should have been in the precon, really good cat
- Leonin Warleader
- Regal Caracal
- Prowling Serpopard
- Lost Leonin
- Chameleon Colossus
- Adorned Pouncer
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary cheap and effective card draw
- Swords to Plowshares Best removal spell in EDH
- Beast Within Also quite good removal since it can remove any nonland permanent
- Eladamri's Call Get the best creature for the current situation out of the deck
- Open the Armory Get the best equipment from the deck
Cards to consider cutting:
- Stalking Leonin Ability is a bit to narrow against multiple opponents
- Pouncing Cheetah Not good enough for its mana costs
- Watchers of the Dead Opponent can choose what cards he keeps
- Phantom Nishoba Not good enough for 7 mana
- Raksha Golden Cub Needs to be equipped to be good, otherwise a 3/4 for 7 mana is really bad.
- Sunspear Shikari
- Vivid Meadow A basic land is better in a two colored deck
- Vivid Grove Same as above
- Saltcrusted Steppe Storage counter lands are not good, a basic land is better here
- Hero's Blade No evasion (trample) or other good effects like Sword of the Animist
- Navigator's Compass 3 life once doesn't make any difference overall and it doesn't produce mana on its own like Selesnya Signet
5 months ago
Ive seen decks similar to this. In fact I have one(Its Humans not Cats). You are missing a couple staple cats and some non-creature spells that could really help.
Fleecemane Lion - This is a winocn plain and simple
Collected Company - Can put most of yours creatures onto the battlefield at any given time and can easily swing a game in your favor.
Harmonize - Gives you much needed card draw
Now i should probably talk about some cards that probably shouldn't be in this deck. I understand if you own all these cards but if you do not, i don't think that there is any reason for them to be in here. If you have counter argument Id love to hear it.
Heroes' Reunion - I'm sorry if you are going for a lifelink, but it just isn't worth to have a straight lifegain spell as apposed to say Collected Company or Blossoming Defense or something that gives you more value than simply 7 life.
Disenchant - This is a card for your sideboard, something that you sub in when you need it
Survival Cache - im on the fence. I feel like there could be better options, but it seems to fit relatively well.
Soul Net - Isn't legal in Modern and doesn't really work regardless
In case you want to check out my humans deck here it is: Thalia's Horde of Humans but this is your deck and as such, you get the final say in any change.
6 months ago
Hey, I also don't have a Arahbo deck, but to take more advantage of eminence (+3/+3 for a Cat) my advice is to keep the mana curve low. Mostly one and two drop Cats, some three drops, couple of four drops and top the curve at five drop Regal Caracal and Arahbo:
Here's an example:
- Loam Lion
- Wild Nacatl
- Savannah Lions
- Jungle Lion
- Steppe Lynx
- Scythe Leopard
- Sacred Cat
- Trained Caracal
- Glittering Lynx
- Fleecemane Lion
- Qasali Pridemage
- Adorned Pouncer
- Metallic Mimic
- Leonin Arbiter
- Leonin Skyhunter
- Ajani's Pridemate
- Leonin Relic-Warder
- Brimaz, King of Oreskos
- Mirri, Weatherlight Duelist
- Skyhunter Skirmisher
- Pride Sovereign
- Mirri, Cat Warrior
- Alms Collector
- Jazal Goldmane
- Leonin Warleader
- Regal Caracal
6 months ago
I've no list but there are some neat cats to include:
Qasali Pridemage , Leonin Warleader , Mirri, Weatherlight Duelist , Regal Caracal , Jazal Goldmane , Qasali Slingers , Temur Sabertooth , Brimaz, King of Oreskos , Felidar Sovereign , Nacatl War-Pride , Jareth, Leonine Titan and Fleecemane Lion .
I know some of these came in the deck or are really obvious but the seem to be among the better ones, i think.
Regal Caracal occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%