Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
: Add .
, : Scry 1, then you may reveal the top card of your library. If a basic land card is revealed this way, put it onto the battlefield tapped. Activate this ability only if an opponent controls at least two more lands than you.
4 months ago
Going mono seems legit, but let me throw in another way:
If I counted correctly, you have 21 sources of Scry in here. 13 of them are small numbers on instants or sorceries. The remaining 9 are more or less repeatedable effects on permanents. My suggestions is to cut most of the one-shot scry effects. Valid exceptions are interaction spells that aren't overcosted (looking at Sea God's Revenge). You'll propably end up somewhere slightly below 100 cards that way. Fill that up with more repeatable scry effects and you're basically fine.
To end my comment, here are some ideas for repeatable scry effects:
Btw, Call of the Wild exists. Maybe give it a shot?
8 months ago
This seems like a pretty slow and clunky build for Fynn. You'd be better served to make Vorinclex, Monstrous Raider the commander since you have so much +1/+1 counter synergy. Just swap out the deathtouch creatures for more with infect. If you'd like some ideas for a more aggressive and synergistic Fynn build, check my deck out here Touch of Death. Also, 11 basics is too few to be running to consistently hit with Isolated Watchtower.
1 year ago
I just looked thru my collection. You are missing a playset of scry lands
1 year ago
Hey, me again! I really like Breena, the Demagogue's premise. I want to build her in the future, since I'm cultivating a combat metagame. But I have some ideas that can make your deck funnier and stronger:
I imagine you're trying to keep the idea of giving gifts to your opponents for them to killing each other, while reaping benefits to you.
One way is to force combat. You might want to put Martial Impetus and Parasitic Impetus back to deflect attacks and get draws off Breena. (Too bad goad is a blue-red thing - come on Wizards, give us on other colors). Otherwise, they buff Breena to hit harder.
Another thing you should consider is protection for your creatures:
- Sejiri Shelter Flip and Malakir Rebirth Flip can be slotted as lands.
- Lightning Greaves, Swiftfoot Boots, Whispersilk Cloak, Darksteel Plate and Hammer of Nazahn are great utility artifacts.
- Timely Ward has flash.
- Dawn Charm doubles as a fog.
- Valorous Stance doubles as a removal spell.
How about protection to you?
- No Mercy, Dread, Michiko Konda, Truth Seeker and Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts deter attackers.
- Koskun Falls is a second Ghostly Prison if you can pay its upkeep cost. Solitary Confinement is even more efficient, as long as you can keep up with its cost.
- No one will mess with you again once you cast Hellish Rebuke. Darien, King of Kjeldor also shows them why attacking you is not advisable.
- If you prefer the way of taxing opponents, Sphere of Safety synergize with your other pillowfort enchantments.
- You run a lot of permanents that might die. How about getting them back with Sun Titan or Emeria Shepherd?
- Mistveil Plains has good synergy with tutors.
- Liesa, Forgotten Archangel also acts as graveyard hate.
About card draw:
- Breena costs 3 mana and it is easy to recast, but you can't rely on your opponents wanting (or being able) to attack each other. Sign in Blood, Night's Whisper, Read the Bones, Treacherous Blessing, War Room and Castle Locthwain can be great options (it is good to lower your life total to trigger Breena). Erebos, God of the Dead can also act as a blocker and life-gain hater.
- Skullclamp is good if you can reliably generate X/1 tokens.
- Syphon Mind is a favorite of mine.
- Mangara, the Diplomat... The name says it all. #bffBreena
- Shadrix Silverquill is not only on-theme, but on-school aswell.
- Endless Atlas and Dread Presence require many basic lands.
- The cards above can replace Ambition's Cost, Ancient Craving and Secret Rendezvous (if they want free cards, may they attack each other).
About your ramp:
- I see you run cards that ramp you if an opponent has more lands than you, a la Knight of the White Orchid. Your Lotus Field is great for setting that up. You might also consider putting Orzhov Basilica back for the same effect.
- Loyal Warhound, Verge Rangers, Weathered Wayfarer, Archaeomancer's Map and Isolated Watchtower also capitalize on opponents ramping. I recommend replacing Boreas Charger (if you can't kill it easily), Scholarship Sponsor (not advisable to give ramp AND card draw to your opponents) and Oreskos Explorer (it is better to get lands on the battlefield instead of on hand, unless it is an unrestricted tutor like Weathered Wayfarer).
- If you ramp using the cards above, you will have a lot of Plains on the battlefield. Emeria, The Sky Ruin is free recursion on a land - enjoy ;-)
- You might also consider Fellwar Stone and Dowsing Dagger Flip as ramp options. Breena has flying, so it is easy to transform the artifact.
Sorry for not commenting on your whole deck. Since I have not played her myself, I could only suggest more general things. I hope the suggestions have inspired you somehow. As always, have fun with the Demagogue!
1 year ago
Enduring Angel Flipis interesting, but seems really niche. The fact that she can only flip if you hit 0 life makes me sad. Cool card, probably not for this deck, though. Pristine Angel seems great but as I learned with my Rebbec/Glacian deck and my Multani, Maro-Sorcerer deck, protection like effects can also have the drawback of not being able to target your own stuff.
Concerted Effort seems insane for Akroma decks. I don't really think it'd be worth a spot here just to mainly add vigilance. There are only a handful of creatures that add other keywords that would make it worth it. It's a good recommendation and I added it to the maybeboard for anyone else interested, though!
2 years ago
Den of the Bugbear: Just duh. This is the best manland for us ever.
Treasure Vault: We should be able to take advantage of this to limit the impact of saccing lands to Ib. Have to be careful with our Blood moon effects.
Hobgoblin Bandit Lord: Yes.
Dockside Extortionist: Back in even though it is stupidly expensive in paper. Probably no better Treasure generator for us.
Unexpected Windfall: Really solid draw and treasures? Yes please.
Goblin Sledder: Unfortunately when every card is so good you have to start cutting anything less than great.
Disrupt Decorum: While I love this card and it is very Ib, it is too narrow and too fleeting to run anymore. If you disagree goad me, bro.
Would still like to get Seize the Spoils in, as well as a good number of other token generators. I'm certain that making land-saccing less detrimental is going to really benefit the deck. If you know of better treasure generators that I missed let me know!
2 years ago
- Curse of Opulence
- Price of Progress
- Repeated Reverberation
- Magma Jet
- Star of Extinction
- Ruby Medallion
- Blood Moon
- Koth of the Hammer
- Chandra, Fire Artisan
- Dualcaster Mage
- Magus of the Wheel
- Magmatic Sinkhole
- Extraplanar Lens
Specific hate - Red Elemental Blast
2 years ago
Hi! My advice is replace some of the creatures with cheap or free counter magic. I would defiantly cut Wonder , K'rrik, Son of Yawgmoth , Spark Double and Throatseeker the rest is up to you. Don't under estimate free creatures without evasion like Memnite and Phyrexian Walker .
Some disruption spells i would recommend are Commandeer , Chain of Vapor , Flusterstorm . Their expensive so some budget options are Fatal Push , Misdirection , Murderous Cut , Spell Pierce . Also i would recommend some library manipulation like Spy Network , Ponder , Mission Briefing , Lim-Dul's Vault (its good but expensive). Scroll Rack and Sensei's Divining Top are also great top deck manipulation but probably no worth the money.
Finally i would recommend some better high CMC cards to reveal with Yuriko activation's. Some of the cards i recommended already double as good reveals but you could add: Sea Gate Restoration Flip, Nexus of Fate , Time Warp . Their not budget friendly but there good. Take out two lands if you use Sea Gate Restoration and Agadeem's Awakening Flip for obvious reasons.
I hope this helps :D