Spring / Mind
Search your library for a basic land card, put it onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library.
Aftermath (Cast this spell only from your graveyard. Then exile it.)
Draw two cards.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Spring / Mind Discussion
1 month ago
Hi friend, just a quick note to say that Spring / Mind is not legal in this deck. Your commander's colour identity is Green/Black, and Mind requires Blue. You may want to consider Harvest Season in its place. The land/rock count also seems a bit low.
2 months ago
Other Cards that you could consider cutting
- Ondu Giant => Seedguide Ash this card is one more mana expsive and has to die inorder to get the lands, but could be such a good upside. This dieing with your commander reads ramp 3 draw 3 cards and gain 3 life
- Soratami Mirror-Guard I get what you are doing here, but I feel like there are better payoffs for this
- Timbermaw Larva => Rampaging Brontodon trample is 1,000% better on this card
- Wakeroot Elemental 5 greens for a 5/5? way overcosted
- Wave-Wing Elemental again similar argument to Windrider Eel not that big of an impact
- Wild Wanderer good but could have better options
- Aetherflux Reservoir I know this is good in commander but why? No synergy at all, there has to be a better card slot here
- Elixir of Immortality I used to put this in all of my decks too, but it is counter productive to your stragay with cards like Splendid Reclamation and The Mending of Dominaria
- Wayfarer's Bauble There is better ramp than this in green
- I see why you have Jiang Yanggu but I feel like there is stronger cards than that. I cut the card to tutor Journey for the Elixir for him sorry :(
- There are a bunch of other better than Ranger's Path you could add, I'll show them in the recommendations
- Future Sight and Ominous Seas both seem strange here. I get future sight can draw cards, BUT I feel you should use mana sinks rather than off the top of your library draw
- Ghostly Flicker is on thin ice, like yes you have all the etb creatures but sometimes it is a dead card. meh at best?
Other Cards that you could consider adding
This is where the fun begins and your wallet cries
- You want Nissa, Who Shakes the World great card, it is a mana doubler ramp, and also you just win with the ultimate
- I heard you like ramp try Tireless Provisioner and pick up one for me while you are at it please
- Here is a gaint list of green ramp Harrow , Growth Spiral , Explore , Khalni Heart Expedition , Roiling Regrowth , Grow from the Ashes , Urban Evolution , Migration Path , Natural Connection , Nissa's Renewal , Nylea's Intervention , Spring / Mind , Animist's Awakening , Omen of the Hunt
- Keeping your life total at a high level Kazandu Nectarpot , Grazing Gladehart , Retreat to Kazandu , Jaddi Offshoot
- Mana Sinks, you are going to have a lot of mana, might as well do something with it Kamahl's Druidic Vow ummm.... yes? Kefnet the Mindful one of my favorite Gods, that doesn't have a place. I look forward to getting attacked by him Sprout Swarm it is really easy for this card to be "free"
That is all I can think of at the moment. I'm sure I'll have more la
4 months ago
Contentious Plan Sort of replaced Impulse as my two-mana card for early counters. The value of Deflecting Swat can hardly be overstated, as it provides early protection for Mizzix while being relevant all game long.
Spouts is such a conditional card, and we have plenty of board wipes when we count or kill-the-table x-spells. Intro is great in that its free permanent removal for us much of the time.
A counterspell that can only counter a creature spell is underwhelming, and we added swat. I can't believe Dramatic Reversal hadn't been added earlier. It plays into our combo with Reiterate , and allows us to fetch the whole combo with Firemind's Foresight . A true must include!
Fall was always our worst x-spell, and we have more than enough in the deck. For a replacement win con its far better to just take another turn and steal everyone's best thing. The greatest thing about this card is that its so cheap to cast with Mizzix!
Spring is great but sorcery speed and a one-off. Archmage will draw us cards the whole game. We're up to three whole creatures in this deck now!
I've got plenty of copy dorks here, so another tutor is great, especially one that will usually cost me just two blue mana!
1 year ago
It looks like you've got a lot of lands in here, I usually go for at most 40 lands in a deck, unless it's a lands matter type of deck. Also, Rampant Growth, Seek the Horizon, Terramorphic Expanse, Migration Path, Nissa's Renewal, Kodama's Reach, Grow from the Ashes, Nissa's Expedition, Explosive Vegetation, Cultivate, Traverse the Outlands, Frenzied Tilling, Boundless Realms, Evolving Wilds, Spring / Mind, Attune with Aether, Myriad Landscape and Blighted Woodland won't do anything since you don't have any basics in here. This also turns off the third mode of Verdant Confluence, though you may still want it for the other two modes.
I'm not sure what Mimeofacture is supposed to do in commander, notoriously a singleton format.
I don't usually like running color-hosers like Anarchy, since there are games where it will be a dead card in your hand.
Overall it seems like you're running two decks: an energy deck built with mainly permanents that give you energy and use it, and a big spells deck, with a lot of powerful instants and sorceries that you can copy with your commander. There's nothing wrong with having two themes in a deck, but narrowing it down to one would probably help you get down to 100 cards. Also, some cards like Mizzix's Mastery want you to play more instants and sorceries than permanents, while cards like Primal Surge want you to be playing almost all permanents. Leaning more in one direction than the other will give your deck more focus.
2 years ago
After some Games I really noticed how hard it is to get Lands in your hand. Since Niv won't ever get you some from the top of your library. Thought of the Borderposts, but I really don't like them. I made some changes for flat draws.
I often got 2-3 Selesnya cards, so I also got closer to have an even amount of cards from every guild. I need to cut one more Selesnya Card for a Gruul card, but guys, this is hard.
Things I took out:
Lim-Dul's Vault - The base idea was, use it in response to the Niv trigger. But most times no mana after he etb's, or I used it already for copy/flicker
Voidslime - Many Colored Symbols, Don't like counterspells that much, still have 1 ability counter in the deck
Hanna, Ship's Navigator - No spare mana most of the times. No Artifacts, not a critical mass of enchantments
Turn to Mist - Mistmeadow Witch is a Permanent for devotion, and repeatable
Congregation at Dawn - Like Lim Duls
Brago, King Eternal - Idea was T4 Brago, T5 Niv with flicker. Brago gets removed most of the times.
Flower / Flourish - Since it says basic, no need anymore
Mirri, Weatherlight Duelist - Needed to cut more Selesnya
Growth Spiral - Didn't have a Land very often, Urban Evolution took this slot, maybe worth it
Mortify - Orzhov Removal
Mistmeadow Witch - Upgraded Turn to mist
Underrealm Lich - "Draw" to filter for lands
Pain Magnification - Rakdos Card Advantage, Permanent for Devotion
Utter End - More Orzhov, More Removal
Wear / Tear - Good Boros Removal
Mercurial Chemister - Mostly for the Draw, is a permanent for Devotion
Urban Evolution - Draw and Ramp
Spring / Mind - Draw and Ramp, with 7 card handsize often I need to discard. Aftermath does help there
Notion Thief - Don't know why didn't put him in the first Version. Permanent, Carddraw, Stops opponents
I'm open for tips or help, but keep in Mind everything needs to be Two-Colored Landbase may get an upgrade soon. If the deck works really good I'll swap slow fetches for the good ones.
2 years ago
Do cards like Spring / Mind count also? Could be handy for ramp and mana fix if so...
2 years ago
I appreciate the card recommendations, Saljen but a single Amulet or a playset of Titans would cost more than the rest of the deck combined. This is an ultra budget deck I made as a Christmas present for my friend, who's a less experienced deck builder. This is by no means the most optimized version, but most budget-friendly, thematic and fun.
I think you underestimate the draw power of Guild Summit though, it draws on it's entrance as well as gates, and multiple can actually get you to deck yourself during long games. Not to mention, Circuitous Route becomes a draw and ramp spell. Cutting Rampant Growth is awkward, as it's the lowest play on curve and provides redundancy with Sakura-Tribe Elder. Similarly Spring / Mind thin out the deck, and when revealed by Sifter Wurm or milled by Combustible Gearhulk, it can swing a game on the dime with it's high CMC. Not to mention, Rubblehulk grows with all lands, not just gates. I will check out Crackling Perimeter as a budget Banefire, it can be a solid anti-control option in this deck. Hopefully I can get my friend a few alongside the new Gate Colossus card when the next set drops.
Anyway, thanks for the feedback!
2 years ago
Gate sub theme is cool, although you only run 10 gates so you won't be getting much value from 4x Guild Summit. I'd run more gates and drop Rampant Growth and Spring / Mind. They only search for basics, and they are both far from being ideal ramp cards in Modern. If you weren't going budget, I'd recommend 4x Amulet of Vigor, as it largely eliminates the slowness that Gates add, and when stacked it produces extra mana. If you ran a few more gates (say 18 out of 24) then I'd also recommend 1x Crackling Perimeter as a way to ping the opponent, finish off games, and use unused mana in the mid / late game.
It's a pretty great idea to use Gates + Guild Summit in a non-Maze's End deck. Great way to get a draw engine set up at a very budget cost. When Guild Summit was announced, I put my Maze's End deck back together as a Modern deck. Feel free to check it out for some ideas. Primeval Titan would do extremely well in here, but doesn't hit the budget mark very well :(