Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
- Does thousand-year storm see all the cast triggers from an overloaded mizzix's mastery at the same time and copy each spell the same number of times?
- Tapped Kalamax and Mizzix’s Mastery targeting an instant. Does it copy?
- Alternate casting costs without paying their mana cost
- will all cards cast by mizzix's Mastery count towards thousand year storm and storm
- Can tokens or card copies be moved between multiple zones before state-based actions are checked?
Exile target card that's an instant or sorcery spell from your graveyard. For each card exiled this way, copy it, and you may cast the copy without paying its mana cost. Exile Mizzix's Mastery.
Overload (You may cast this spell for its overload cost. If you do, change its text by replacing all instances of "target" with "each".)
Coward_Token on March of the Machine
2 months ago
Hi_diddly_ho_neighbor: Good call, wasn't aware that it was up.
• A double-faced token (one that transforms): Templating sounds like it'll be wordy e,g. "Create a 1/1 black Phyrexian creature with "B: Transform this creature" that transforms into a 3/3 black Phyrexian Horror creature."
• A card that costs XUUUU: More efficient Mass Manipulation?
• A legendary creature returns not seen since Homelands: Irini Sengir? AFAIK all the other immortals have had reprints, and I could see her teaming up with Daughter of Autumn. For reference. (A much better idea: Vampire Chandler)
• Two draft archetypes that have a creature type matters component (one of which is Phyrexians - see above): Angel?
• The tenth _ & ___ sword: Blue & Black. I was thinking "Oil and Water", but the naming scheme for the ally-colored Swords tend to be complementary rather than contrasting. Dunno either what mechanics they'll use, most seem to have been snatched by the rest.
Next, here are some rules text that will be showing up on cards:
• “You may cast spells with flash or flying from the top of your library.”: Some blue-inclusive pairing, can't think of which tho.
• “where X is the excess damage dealt this way.”
• “This spell can’t be copied.”: AFAIK stuff like Isochron Scepter and Mizzix's Mastery can still copy it while it's a card outside of the stack
• “Each player can’t cast more than one non-Phyrexian spell each turn.”: Not a fan of this, feels situationally bad.
• “Whenever a permanent you control transforms or a permanent enters the battlefield under your control transformed,”: Hoping Tovolar Flip will be able to use this.
• “If the opponent protects it, remove a defense counter from it.”: Guessing this is for a Battle card and that it's indeed something Monarch-like.
• “At the beginning of your upkeep, if you haven’t been dealt combat damage since your last turn, you draw a card and you lose 1 life.”: Interesting seeing as the last set had Phyrexian Arena.
Finally, here are some Phyrexians in the set:
• Creature – Phyrexian Bear Rhino: Ikoria-based
• Creature – Phyrexian Devil: Innistrad-based, I hope. Would be funny since then it'd be Norn-ish.
• Creature – Phyrexian Dog Warrior: Tarkir-based
• Creature – Phyrexian Jackal: Jackal Pup reference? Otherwise you could go with Amonketh, although the lack of class makes me doubtful.
• Creature – Phyrexian Shark: Mmmm yess
And some creature type lines of denizens fighting them:
• Creature – Raccoon Warrior: Capenna-based
• Creature – Goblin Spellshaper: no idea what it'll Spellshape
• Creature – Wolverine Dinosaur: Again, Ikoria.
• Legendary Creature – Elder Giant Dog: As pointed out, Kroxa + Kunoros
• Legendary Creature – Ape Dinosaur Turtle: Kogla + Yidaro, Wandering Monster. Feels kinda weird since they don't seem like very natural enemies?
king-saproling on Count the Bells, Heed the Chimes
3 months ago
So cool! Never thought I'd see Sphinx of the Chimes in EDH. Personally I'd cut Street Wraith due to the risk of hitting it with The Bridge.
You might like these: Shadow of the Grave, Lion's Eye Diamond, Mizzix's Mastery
Delphen7 on Does copying a spell count …
5 months ago
Copying a spell does not count towards storm. Storm counts the number of spells cast.
601.2: "To cast a spell is to take it from where it is (usually the hand), put it on the stack, and pay its costs, so that it will eventually resolve and have its effect. Casting a spell includes proposal of the spell (rules 601.2a–d) and determination and payment of costs (rules 601.2f–h)."
However, if Dualcaster said "Copy the spell. You may cast the copy without paying it's mana cost" (similar to Mizzix's Mastery), then these copies would count towards storm -- because they were cast.
Headers13 on Scholar of Exile
5 months ago
Ah that's a shame, although I think Mizzix's Mastery still works as that specifically says you may 'cast' the copy.
Callicon on Scholar of Exile
5 months ago
Looking over the deck description, I noticed you mentioning that Mindblaze would get two triggers from Passionate Archaeologist if it were copied by Double Vision. Unfortunately, that is not how this works, copies are not cast, they simply get created on the existing stack. This also means that Mizzix's Mastery also does not trigger Passionate Archaeologist with the copied spells. However, this is still a really cool deck.
loricatuslupus on Oh Captain, My Captain!
6 months ago
Oh nice, you got the Wizards of Thay? Might be worth checking out Kediss, Emberclaw Familiar (as Balmor makes him a threat and you can take out multiple people with one swing), Thousand-Year Storm/Arcane Bombardment and maybe some other classic Storm spells? There are plenty of other good cantrips plus Past in Flames and Mizzix's Mastery to recast them all from the graveyard. I like the rapier but if you can find one Embercleave will mop up, while Robe of the Archmagi keeps your hand full.
My "spells matter" deck is There's Something Strange... and you might find a couple of useful things there but it's almost completely focused on doing the opposite - casting massive apocalyptic spells that annihilate the board rather than loads of cheap cantrips for a prowess win.
Ilmu011 on Vadrik, Astral Timebomb
10 months ago
Tic12, thanks for the suggestions!
I actually started this deck out with The Celestus but cut it out later. Three mana mana-artifacts are just too expensive. The card draw could be nice, but I already have tons of card draw.
Does buyback work with cost reduction? I know that it works for something like Mizzix's Mastery because the overload cost is an alternative cost, but does it work for additional costs like buyback?
Storm-Kiln Artist seems great, don't know how I missed that.
BRAZATO on HAZORET'S TRIAL OF THE RECKLESS PAIN 【Primer】
1 year ago
Yeah KBK7101, Lets hope Hazoret and Amonkhet will return in another awesome future set, and this time with much more love for the Commander enviroment as usual today!!
Love Mizzix's Mastery, very powerful card, I could try it in this deck. The only problem I have with it is that in this deck I have many X costs, and it could be a bit "nonbo".
Seismic Assault is also a good idea, I'll check it.
About the runaway, I think in my case, I have already nice mana generation engine, and as I play many artifacts it could not trigger so often.
|Have (3)||metalmagic , frankie63138 , gildan_bladeborn|
|Want (10)||vandeath762 , Amaterasu312 , William_Wilde , C0LDE , Cool_Cat , Lostpike , gravismute , zachi , Mikarynu , Marvinxxy|