Search your library for up to two basic land cards, put them onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library.
Cycling (, Discard this card: Draw a card.)
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Migration Path Discussion
5 days ago
Xenny! I believe this is updated now and ready for some looksies. This deck has such raw power behind it! I have seen it durdle quite a bit though, and I think I see why now. The CMC avg is 4.7 (rounded) and not enough fast ramp. This deck needs to be dangerous by turn 4-5 to stay a threat. Once a value engine begins to overtake it, you'll be playing catch-up the whole game. These are a few ideas to consider: Migration Path < Nature's Lore, Skyshroud Claim < Three Visits, Insult / Injury < Talisman of Impulse, Samut, the Tested < Temur Battle Rage, Mage Slayer < Fling, World at War < Relentless Assault, Glaring Spotlight < Momentous Fall, Fiery Emancipation < Gruul Charm, Dragon Tyrant < Thran Dynamo, Hexdrinker < Farseek.
4 weeks ago
- Sandwurm Convergence
- Harvest Season
- Return of the Wildspeaker
- Pause for Reflection
- Shamanic Revelation
- Toothy, Imaginary Friend
- Pir, Imaginative Rascal
- Migration Path
- Kodama's Reach
- Esika's Chariot
- Giant Adephage
- Aeve, Progenitor Ooze
- Amphin Mutineer
- Cackling Counterpart
- Stolen Identity
- Littjara Mirrorlake
- Minion Reflector
1 month ago
Hey, well done for being new and knowing that you can still learn and improve your deck building.
Some cards within your budget to consider adding:
- Hellkite Charger
- Savage Ventmaw
- Crux of Fate
- Temur Ascendancy
- Faeburrow Elder
- Fellwar Stone
- Boros Charm
- Swords to Plowshares
- Patriarch's Bidding
- Blasphemous Act
- Exotic Orchard
- Path of Ancestry
- Unclaimed Territory
You have Old Gnawbone, Hellkite Charger is a combo with Gnawbone for infinite attacks as long as Charger can keep attacking you can keep paying seven mana with treasures to have another combat step. This combo uses Dragons as the win condition by attacking with Tiamat being a source of lethal Commander damage. Savage Ventmaw can make six mana when it attacks that can be used to pay for Charger, needing only one mana to have another attack which can result in having a lot of extra attacks on your turn each turn equal to the amount of untapped mana you have. Crux of Fate can wreck since it can destroy all nonDragon creatures your opponents control leaving only your Dragons alive to attack.
Temur Ascendancy does two things that are really good for Dragons, it's a haste enabler and repeatable draw whenever a Dragon ETB. Faeburrow Elder can tap for two mana, green and white, but if you control other colored permanents then it can tap for even more mana, up to tapping for five mana, one of each color. Fellwar Stone is another two drop rainbow mana rock.
Boros Charm at instant speed can protect all permanents you control from most removal including all your lands. Swords to Plowshares and Counterspell are staple single effect instant removal options. Blasphemous Act is really good in multiplayer Commander as a fail-safe/reset the battlefield of creatures and it's mana cost consistently can be reduced to only one red mana.
Patriarch's Bidding is among the most powerful reanimation effects for tribal, for five mana it reanimates all Dragons that are in your graveyard.
Some cards to consider cutting:
- Temple of the False God
- Temple of the Dragon Queen
- 1x Swamp
- Orb of Dragonkind
- Migration Path
- Fearsome Awakening
- Grand Master of Flowers
- Dragon's Fire
- Velomachus Lorehold
- Dragon's Disciple
- Icefall Regent
Temple of the False God is not a good land. My advice is cut it from all your decks, since you can't tap it for mana until you control five or more lands. If you have it in your opening hand then that hand is a mulligan and any land that does this shouldn't be used. Orb of Dragonkind can't tap to make mana to cast any nonDragon card or pay for anything else, there's better ramp options.
You're not going to be casting enough instant or sorceries in a turn to reduce the mana cost of Demilich much. Quad blue or triple blue mana cost is too difficult to make with this manabase without controlling Chromatic Lantern or The World Tree with five other lands. Velomachus Lorehold cares about cheating the mana cost of powerful 5 CMC or less instants and sorceries which you don't really have here or do you need to include since Dragons are the high CMC cards you want to cast. Casting a Crux of Fate for free would be nice, but even so I don't there's enough worth while instants or sorceries to make Velomachus worth playing.
Good luck with your deck.
2 months ago
Some upgrades, things to look for and think about:
First, your commander Aesi, Tyrant of Gyre Strait wants you to play lands and draw cards. Anything you can change towards that theme will help your deck run better. Also, there's some "sub-optimal" choices that could be upgraded for other things, some of which may have come with other commander precons, are really cheap, etc. Lastly, it looks like your paper version here has some token and +1/+1 counters sub-themes, which I'd bet would make your deck less focused, leading to more random things going on or you not being able to execute a game plan consistently.
So, with all that in mind, I would suggest some of the following changes, and my reasoning behind them:
If you can get your hands on a Scute Swarm, you'll have some awesome token stuff to go on.
Also, if you can get your hands on a Tatyova, Benthic Druid, you'll have some redundancy and not have to rely solely upon your commander (for when it's died too many times, or you don't have the extra lands / fetch to keep your commander chugging along.
Ghost Town is a cheaper land that will let you pick it up on opponents turns, so you'll always have at least one land to play on your turn.
You might want to change some other bodies like Ornery Dilophosaur and Wren's Run Hydra for bodies that fetch lands like Wood Elves, Farhaven Elf, or others like it (like Elvish Rejuvenator and Springbloom Druid). This will give you blockers earlier, help you ramp, and make use of your commander later in the game too.
You could possibly upgrade your land base a little (in case you find yourself without the right colors often enough?). Some include Breeding Pool (which is on the $$ side), Hinterland Harbor, Rejuvenating Springs, Command Tower, and maybe a few more.
Hopefully this helps with how you think about your deck, some choices of cards, what you ultimately want the deck to do, and things to look for. Let me know if you have questions on choices or anything else.
2 months ago
Other Cards that you could consider cutting
- Ondu Giant => Seedguide Ash this card is one more mana expsive and has to die inorder to get the lands, but could be such a good upside. This dieing with your commander reads ramp 3 draw 3 cards and gain 3 life
- Soratami Mirror-Guard I get what you are doing here, but I feel like there are better payoffs for this
- Timbermaw Larva => Rampaging Brontodon trample is 1,000% better on this card
- Wakeroot Elemental 5 greens for a 5/5? way overcosted
- Wave-Wing Elemental again similar argument to Windrider Eel not that big of an impact
- Wild Wanderer good but could have better options
- Aetherflux Reservoir I know this is good in commander but why? No synergy at all, there has to be a better card slot here
- Elixir of Immortality I used to put this in all of my decks too, but it is counter productive to your stragay with cards like Splendid Reclamation and The Mending of Dominaria
- Wayfarer's Bauble There is better ramp than this in green
- I see why you have Jiang Yanggu but I feel like there is stronger cards than that. I cut the card to tutor Journey for the Elixir for him sorry :(
- There are a bunch of other better than Ranger's Path you could add, I'll show them in the recommendations
- Future Sight and Ominous Seas both seem strange here. I get future sight can draw cards, BUT I feel you should use mana sinks rather than off the top of your library draw
- Ghostly Flicker is on thin ice, like yes you have all the etb creatures but sometimes it is a dead card. meh at best?
Other Cards that you could consider adding
This is where the fun begins and your wallet cries
- You want Nissa, Who Shakes the World great card, it is a mana doubler ramp, and also you just win with the ultimate
- I heard you like ramp try Tireless Provisioner and pick up one for me while you are at it please
- Here is a gaint list of green ramp Harrow , Growth Spiral , Explore , Khalni Heart Expedition , Roiling Regrowth , Grow from the Ashes , Urban Evolution , Migration Path , Natural Connection , Nissa's Renewal , Nylea's Intervention , Spring / Mind , Animist's Awakening , Omen of the Hunt
- Keeping your life total at a high level Kazandu Nectarpot , Grazing Gladehart , Retreat to Kazandu , Jaddi Offshoot
- Mana Sinks, you are going to have a lot of mana, might as well do something with it Kamahl's Druidic Vow ummm.... yes? Kefnet the Mindful one of my favorite Gods, that doesn't have a place. I look forward to getting attacked by him Sprout Swarm it is really easy for this card to be "free"
That is all I can think of at the moment. I'm sure I'll have more la
3 months ago
I would recommend Cathars' Crusade . It is more resilient than anthems, since the counters remain even if the enchantment is removed. Also, why aren’t you running Conjurer's Closet ? Flickering Hazezon every end step gives you a crap-ton of tokens and provides an engine your opponents NEED to answer. One last thing: You need more/better ramp. The earlier you get a critical mass of lands, the earlier you can get your engine going. I’d recommend more 2-3 mana value ramp spells, like Rampant Growth and Into the North . I’d also cut Explosive Vegetation for one of its strictly better counterparts, like Migration Path or Vastwood Surge . More flexibility is always better, and so being able to cycle it or pay more to buff your team in the late game can be very valuable.
4 months ago
Fires of Yavimaya is another good haste enabler, like rhythm. Overwhelming Stampede is a good at running people over. I would also swap out Grow from the Ashes for like a Migration Path or Ranger's Path . Traverse the Outlands and Boundless Realms are also fun ramp spells that can open a lot of options for you. Return of the Wildspeaker and Rishkar's Expertise are nice pieces of card draw in stompy decks.
4 months ago
I’d add in Knight of the Stampede to help you cast your dinos. Also I’d swap out Explosive Vegetation for at least Migration Path or any of the other 4 mana for two land spells that have at least some other upside. More options the better... and care to explain Pyrohemia ? Such a waste of mana, and you’re gonna want at least one or two board wipes, just in case, Tragic Arrogance is one of my favorites. Darksteel Mutation is a great way to deal with problematic commanders on the other side of the board. Hope that helps