Gauntlet of Might
Red creatures get +1/+1.
Whenever a Mountain is tapped for mana, its controller adds to his or her mana pool. (in addition to the mana the land produces).
Printings View all
|Masters Edition IV (ME4)||Rare|
|Unlimited Edition (2ED)||Rare|
|Collector's Edition (CED)||Rare|
|International Collector's Edition (CEI)||Rare|
|Limited Edition Beta (LEB)||Rare|
|Limited Edition Alpha (LEA)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Gauntlet of Might Discussion
4 days ago
2 months ago
These are all suggestions that will help make your deck function better as you can replace underperforming cards with ramp and card draw, both of which red desperately needs. Your land count is a little low given your avg cmc and your lack of ramp. I can imagine you have a hard time casting your higher cmc cards quite often
3 months ago
DO YOU WANT MANA?
MAYBE BREAK THINGS AND HIT PEOPLE?
DO YOU JUST WANT... MORE?
5 months ago
I would highly encourage Sunbird's Invocation . It's a great way to cheat in mono-red since you have such a high mana curve, as expected when playing Dragons.
Gauntlet of Power and Gauntlet of Might actually help your opponents. As an aggro deck, I'd recommend dropping these. You want to slow your opponents down, not help speed them up. I'd encourage you to replace both of these with the aforementioned cards.
Otherwise it looks solid and fun.
5 months ago
gdemay Thanks for the comments! Chandra, Acolyte of Flame is actually an awesome suggestion! I just took out Past in Flames so I've been looking for another recursion spell. Totally overlooked her. I will have to find a slot for her next round of changes. I like the interaction with Embercleave, and of course she makes Chandra ToD faster, which is always good. The ability to cast X-spells is huge too.
Driemer84 Thanks for the comments and suggestion!
- Gauntlet of Might would be a good include if your meta is low on red decks.
- Blightsteel Colossus is at a weird spot. In my second main phase(the only time I'd be able to cast him) I either want to a) win the game, b) draw cards, or c) protect my board state. He does none of those things, while presenting a huge threat that draws unwanted eyes toward us. Yeah the synergy with Ignition is cool, but that seems a stretch to me. I would not add him.
- Top/Scroll rack: Yeah this is a cool engine, but I guess I never wanted to shell out $45 dollars for it. It would fit fine in a Neheb deck.
- Fetches: The meager benefits are simply not worth the price of Fetch lands. If you have them they'd be fine I guess. Also, ascetically, they mess up the mono-redness of the deck. No bueno.
- Experimental Frenzy no. The deck is not set up for that. I have card draw.
Thanks for the discussion! Keep it going!
5 months ago
9 months ago
10 months ago
CAREFUL, BURN/BUMP QUALITIES ARE IN THE OPPOSITE SPECTRUM OF APBSOLUTE ZERO; REALITY WILL BURN.
@sylvannos: So far, I'm trying all I can to follow your advice, & want your thoughts for 5 cards above this post. I also want to know two things:
How "well" I'm doing on Mono- Burn so far prior to adding Aria of Flame (Nobody's gaining life anyway, so the first part; a downside is effectively useless for all opponents. What a waste of 10 LIFE.) & re-adding Magmatic Force . What to cut to get any closer to 100 cards in your opinion? That, & since I'll never afford a Gauntlet of Might (Sorry, but this could never be a damned lie.). Since I'm trying to best the possibility of even 6+ Players including myself in spite of having no Playgroup at the present time, any alts for such a monsterpiece? Any thoughts on Gauntlet of Power ? It's like Gauntlet of Might , but more, & you choose the color. Better versatility I guess...
Does it seem I have too many X-Burns? Maybe not enough Copying? Lack of Mana Ramp/Card Advantage? Not enough stuff that happens every turn while they are in play? I'm just curious.
I really would like your input on these questions please. In the meanwhile, I have to see what Grixis CMDR I might be...