Creature — Vampire Warrior
Whenever Falkenrath Marauders deals combat damage to a player, put two +1/+1 counters on it.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Falkenrath Marauders Discussion
5 days ago
Got rid of some mountians Mirror Match Herald of Leshrac Otherworld Atlas Hand of Silumgar Macabre Waltz Underworld Dreams Xathrid Gorgon and Falkenrath Marauders. for cards suggested and others I find at my local shop. Let me know what you think.
1 month ago
I would recommend 2 to 4 of each card depending on what it is and also add drawing cards because alot of vampires involve discarding to give them haste 1+1 etc some card suggestions are Asylum VisitorRavenous Bloodseeker or if you add some Dark Ritual Falkenrath Marauders
3 months ago
There are a couple different vampire strategies.
-Standard RB Vampires focus on Madness, just look at new standard decks. Probably the least reliable deck type for vamps.
-Mono black Vamps, They use generic mono black control while slowly draining life with vampire boosting abilities, using cards like Bloodline Keeper Flip, Captivating Vampire, Sorin Markov, or Urge to Feed.
-Lastly, White Black Vamps. This is mainly built off of Orzhov creatures and Extort/Lifelink abilities, with some mono black things mentioned above thrown in, using things such as Tithe Drinker, Blood Baron of Vizkopa, and Blood Artist.
My personal preference is the +1/+1 counter method with some mono black vampires thrown in. You can see it here: Just for Shits n' Giggles.
It really depends on what you want to go with the deck.
4 months ago
- Creatures I'd look into cutting
- Civic Wayfinder- there are tons of better ramp options on a stick then this dude
- Cliffhaven Vampire- really depends on your life gaining abilities and the consistency of those
- Daghatar the Adamant- more valuable in a deck where you plain on making and growing +1/+1 counters
- Dragon Hunter- a situational 1 drop, it's alright
- Duskwatch Recruiter Flip- only good in a creature heavy deck.I would wiff on him about 1/5 uses in deck with 26 creatures in a 60 card deck
- Emberstrike Duo- I'm just not a fan. it requires spells to be alright
- Falkenrath Marauders- it is heavy on the red mana side, and it buffs itself if it can get through. There are better 5 drops in these colors
- Foundry Street Denizen How many red creatures do you plan on playing? because his ability only triggers when you cars a red one
- Gatekeeper of Malakir triple black to be useful, more than likely a dead drop most games
- Gilt-Leaf Winnower once again double black, and how often do you think it's ability will actually work
- Graveblade Marauder just not that good of a card
- Kargan Dragonlord another easy drop
- Nacatl War-Pride your mana base more than likely won't support this guy
- Ogre Battledriver double red and one off buff thats alright
- Seeker of the Way better in non creature spell heavy decks
- Skyrider Elf not legal in this deck
- Swordwise Centaur not a good 2 drop in this deck
- Thunder-Thrash Elder only good if you eat alot of dudes
- Artifacts I'd drop
- Godsend i am iffy on this, even in my mono brimaz this card can be hard to play, and isn't good until turn 6
- Spear of Heliod the double white might be hard to do. there are better anthem cards.
- Whip of Erebos you don't really have a lot of good etb creatures, and the lifelink might only help a little as well
- Feudkiller's Verdict there are better cards then this for a 6 drop
- Mardu Charm it looks underwhelming
- Gratuitous Violence there are cheaper versions of this card
4 months ago
I think the burn spells in the sideboard is a good idea! I have a bunch of Lightning Strike, Chandra's Pyrohelix, Galvanic Bombardment, and Burn from Within laying around. Galvanic Bombardment is my favorite burn spell, you can get up to 5 damage out of if if you're lucky. I like Lightning Bolt but it's kind of expensive.
Yeah it is more mid-range now, I'll change it!
I have 9 creatures that cost 3 or less, but I do have a lot of 4 drops. I like Drana, Liberator of Malakir, badass card! I'll probably sideboard something with cheaper mana cost to replace Heirs of Stromkirk when I play red.
I think the reason I have so many high creatures is that I had 3x Markov Blademaster, then noticed the deck was still cheap and replaced him with Mirri the Cursed. It was late at night, I may have thought she was a 3 drop! Lol
Thank you very much for the replies man! I really like this deck, trying to get it fine tuned before I order the cards I don't have.
Thinking I could either drop the 3x Mirri the Cursed or drop Necropolis Regent and Falkenrath Marauders for 3x Drana, Liberator of Malakir. Necropolis Regent was just there for extra power, but I think I'll get plenty power anyways. Falkenrath Marauders is a good card, but being a 2/2 for 5 someone could take him out very easily. Unless you have any other ideas.
5 months ago
A few more suggestions: Rakish Heir, Markov Blademaster, Falkenrath Marauders, Vampire Hexmage, Nirkana Revenant, Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet, Falkenrath Aristocrat, Adaptive Automaton, Anger, Sol Ring, Tainted Peak, Command Tower, Lavaclaw Reaches, Shadowblood Ridge, Reliquary Tower, Cavern of Souls, Rakdos Carnarium, Dreadbore, Phyrexian Arena, Lightning Greaves, Swiftfoot Boots, Faithless Looting, Urza's Incubator, Necropotence, Door of Destinies, Chaos Warp, Blasphemous Act, Rakdos Charm, Living Death, Squee, Goblin Nabob
6 months ago
I would try to push down the cmc of your creaturs maybe not cut a few of the less efficient dubble strike creaturs and replace them with creaturs that grow and would benefit of getting dubble strike mostly red vampires.like Stromkirk NobleBloodcrazed NeonateFalkenrath ExterminatorRakish HeirErdwal RipperBloodmad VampireHavengul VampireHeirs of StromkirkFalkenrath MaraudersSlith FirewalkerTaurean MaulerWar Elemental
Giving dubble strike:
These are just some cards they arn't all equal :DThe most important part of building red is evry card needs to do work becous chanses are your not going to see too mutch of your deck drawing death cards is the worst so think 5 times about evry card you put in :)In the end mono red is hard to pull off aside from a dretti stax build en in less degree krenko en kiki jiki combo its going to be an uphill battle.This can be a strengt though as long you don't draw to mutch attension people ignore you :D
7 months ago
Mark of the Vampire, Blade of the Bloodchief, Mirri the Cursed, Falkenrath Marauders, Mephidross Vampire (too expensive for the effect, not running non-vampire, already have too many +1/+1 counter dumps) and (especially) Chosen of Markov Flip. Overall, seems like there are maybe 5-10 too many creatures, with quite a few high curve ones that kinda just do nothing.
Urge to Feed is not strong enough in edh, I think. -3/-3 doesn't kill enough things that I would care about.C0Need Chaos Warp to deal with Enchantments. Remember my red/black deck a couple weeks ago? Chaos Warp is the only thing that can deal with stuff like Humility which halts your deck completely.
Not sure if you need as many +1/+1 counter generating vampires to spread over your team, since many do nothing without a big boardstate (same with Vampiric Fury, which is a dead draw when you only have one or two creatures on board). At least the curve is low (could be lower, still).
This is a deck that is pretty weak to boardwipes but desperately needs one or two. It is somewhat resilient to wipes due to a lower curve, but I don't see any recursion on board. Most of the combo-y and synergistic vampires are magnets for removal, so having a way to give them another chance will be a strong play and is on theme with vampires (Gotta do specific things to kill them, so they keep coming back).
Hammerheim is a really cool land.
I also like the Indulgent Aristocrat. If you do add some recursion, I would only consider adding maybe one more sac engine with him and Kalitas, and that is Ashnod's Altar, simply because it can ramp you extremely fast and let's you get value out of weaker vampires that don't help much in the late game. They can contribute to a big Exsanguinate or some other bombs you need to cast.
I think Voldaren Pariah Flip is pretty good for a big drop flavor-win that actually impacts the board unlike a couple of the above cards. Since you are in tribal, Urza's Incubator is surprisingly absent.
Quietus Spike is something I see in a lot of lists for vampires. Seems good and on theme.
Maybe Door of Destinies? Gives you room to cut some of the +1/+1 generators.
No Rakdos Signet? Not really much ramp in general, but at least run that, surely?
Blood Seeker is amazing vampire tech. It prevents opponents from making infinite tokens, recasting creatures infinitely (read, Palinchron and Triskelion), and gradually makes the opponent suffer for playing their cards. It is a two drop, also. Brutal against most decks, including competitive ones.
Bloodghast is pretty good for a do nothing type of creature that is hard to get rid of. I probably would only consider him for Contamination, but some of your sac engines might like him. I doubt you should put him in, but just throwing that name out there.
Asylum Visitor seems great if you do expand to a discard theme. I wonder how often it is a dead draw without the discard, though. Might still be good.
Stromkirk Occultist is the boss. Get that card.
Viscera Seer is also a Vampire. I still need one of those, myself.
Rakdos Charm prevents infinite token deaths, destroys artifacts, and is anti-gy tech.
Obelisk of Urd is interesting.
Okay, I am done typing.