Creature — Vampire Warrior
Whenever Falkenrath Marauders deals combat damage to a player, put two +1/+1 counters on it.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Falkenrath Marauders Discussion
1 week ago
Yo. I have some feedback for you.
First, I think the deck will run. It has an incredible curve! It will be fast and effective. There are some creatures that I feel were only in the deck because they are vampires. Falkenrath Marauders for examples is one that you will be forced to repeatedly attack with it just to get it to be worth having. The mana investment is high and it is easily removed. Guul Draz Overseer has a decent effect, but requires land drops; it is not bad, but it will not make huge and lasting impacts based on you not being able to produce a mass quantity of tokens. As we have discussed, it will be a resilient deck that works best through consistency and survivability. Mirri the Cursed is a good vampire, but it is not very tribal; it does not help other creatures, but is also not a big enough splash to warrant inclusion. I think that Shadow Alley Denizen would be better replaced with an enchantment that gives some evasion to your creatures rather than granting one creatures intimidate.
Other things that I think would benefit the deck are an increase in tutor quantity. At any given time, there will be at least one vampire that you want but do not have. I love the destructive instant and sorcery lists. The deck would benefit from more draw. I see that you have a good amount, but more will always be better- especially with the undertone of discard involved with the deck.
The last thing that the deck is missing (for me at least) is the presence of something big and splashy. I'm not sure what the deck could use, but something. If nothing else, getting your creatures double strike would be great.
1 month ago
Got rid of some mountians Mirror Match Herald of Leshrac Otherworld Atlas Hand of Silumgar Macabre Waltz Underworld Dreams Xathrid Gorgon and Falkenrath Marauders. for cards suggested and others I find at my local shop. Let me know what you think.
2 months ago
I would recommend 2 to 4 of each card depending on what it is and also add drawing cards because alot of vampires involve discarding to give them haste 1+1 etc some card suggestions are Asylum VisitorRavenous Bloodseeker or if you add some Dark Ritual Falkenrath Marauders
4 months ago
There are a couple different vampire strategies.
-Standard RB Vampires focus on Madness, just look at new standard decks. Probably the least reliable deck type for vamps.
-Mono black Vamps, They use generic mono black control while slowly draining life with vampire boosting abilities, using cards like Bloodline Keeper Flip, Captivating Vampire, Sorin Markov, or Urge to Feed.
-Lastly, White Black Vamps. This is mainly built off of Orzhov creatures and Extort/Lifelink abilities, with some mono black things mentioned above thrown in, using things such as Tithe Drinker, Blood Baron of Vizkopa, and Blood Artist.
My personal preference is the +1/+1 counter method with some mono black vampires thrown in. You can see it here: Just for Shits n' Giggles.
It really depends on what you want to go with the deck.
5 months ago
- Creatures I'd look into cutting
- Civic Wayfinder- there are tons of better ramp options on a stick then this dude
- Cliffhaven Vampire- really depends on your life gaining abilities and the consistency of those
- Daghatar the Adamant- more valuable in a deck where you plain on making and growing +1/+1 counters
- Dragon Hunter- a situational 1 drop, it's alright
- Duskwatch Recruiter Flip- only good in a creature heavy deck.I would wiff on him about 1/5 uses in deck with 26 creatures in a 60 card deck
- Emberstrike Duo- I'm just not a fan. it requires spells to be alright
- Falkenrath Marauders- it is heavy on the red mana side, and it buffs itself if it can get through. There are better 5 drops in these colors
- Foundry Street Denizen How many red creatures do you plan on playing? because his ability only triggers when you cars a red one
- Gatekeeper of Malakir triple black to be useful, more than likely a dead drop most games
- Gilt-Leaf Winnower once again double black, and how often do you think it's ability will actually work
- Graveblade Marauder just not that good of a card
- Kargan Dragonlord another easy drop
- Nacatl War-Pride your mana base more than likely won't support this guy
- Ogre Battledriver double red and one off buff thats alright
- Seeker of the Way better in non creature spell heavy decks
- Skyrider Elf not legal in this deck
- Swordwise Centaur not a good 2 drop in this deck
- Thunder-Thrash Elder only good if you eat alot of dudes
- Artifacts I'd drop
- Godsend i am iffy on this, even in my mono brimaz this card can be hard to play, and isn't good until turn 6
- Spear of Heliod the double white might be hard to do. there are better anthem cards.
- Whip of Erebos you don't really have a lot of good etb creatures, and the lifelink might only help a little as well
- Feudkiller's Verdict there are better cards then this for a 6 drop
- Mardu Charm it looks underwhelming
- Gratuitous Violence there are cheaper versions of this card
5 months ago
I think the burn spells in the sideboard is a good idea! I have a bunch of Lightning Strike, Chandra's Pyrohelix, Galvanic Bombardment, and Burn from Within laying around. Galvanic Bombardment is my favorite burn spell, you can get up to 5 damage out of if if you're lucky. I like Lightning Bolt but it's kind of expensive.
Yeah it is more mid-range now, I'll change it!
I have 9 creatures that cost 3 or less, but I do have a lot of 4 drops. I like Drana, Liberator of Malakir, badass card! I'll probably sideboard something with cheaper mana cost to replace Heirs of Stromkirk when I play red.
I think the reason I have so many high creatures is that I had 3x Markov Blademaster, then noticed the deck was still cheap and replaced him with Mirri the Cursed. It was late at night, I may have thought she was a 3 drop! Lol
Thank you very much for the replies man! I really like this deck, trying to get it fine tuned before I order the cards I don't have.
Thinking I could either drop the 3x Mirri the Cursed or drop Necropolis Regent and Falkenrath Marauders for 3x Drana, Liberator of Malakir. Necropolis Regent was just there for extra power, but I think I'll get plenty power anyways. Falkenrath Marauders is a good card, but being a 2/2 for 5 someone could take him out very easily. Unless you have any other ideas.
6 months ago
A few more suggestions: Rakish Heir, Markov Blademaster, Falkenrath Marauders, Vampire Hexmage, Nirkana Revenant, Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet, Falkenrath Aristocrat, Adaptive Automaton, Anger, Sol Ring, Tainted Peak, Command Tower, Lavaclaw Reaches, Shadowblood Ridge, Reliquary Tower, Cavern of Souls, Rakdos Carnarium, Dreadbore, Phyrexian Arena, Lightning Greaves, Swiftfoot Boots, Faithless Looting, Urza's Incubator, Necropotence, Door of Destinies, Chaos Warp, Blasphemous Act, Rakdos Charm, Living Death, Squee, Goblin Nabob
7 months ago
I would try to push down the cmc of your creaturs maybe not cut a few of the less efficient dubble strike creaturs and replace them with creaturs that grow and would benefit of getting dubble strike mostly red vampires.like Stromkirk NobleBloodcrazed NeonateFalkenrath ExterminatorRakish HeirErdwal RipperBloodmad VampireHavengul VampireHeirs of StromkirkFalkenrath MaraudersSlith FirewalkerTaurean MaulerWar Elemental
Giving dubble strike:
These are just some cards they arn't all equal :DThe most important part of building red is evry card needs to do work becous chanses are your not going to see too mutch of your deck drawing death cards is the worst so think 5 times about evry card you put in :)In the end mono red is hard to pull off aside from a dretti stax build en in less degree krenko en kiki jiki combo its going to be an uphill battle.This can be a strengt though as long you don't draw to mutch attension people ignore you :D