|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Shadows over Innistrad (SOI)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Olivia, Mobilized for War
Legendary Creature — Vampire Knight
Whenever another creature enters the battlefield under your control, you may discard a card. If you do, put a +1/+1 counter on that creature, it gains haste until end of turn, and it becomes a Vampire in addition to its other types.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Latest as Commander
Olivia, Mobilized for War Discussion
2 weeks ago
@Sparrowfan101 - I think we're both barking up the wrong tree here.
I've tried to get this guy/gal to see reason before and got pretty much the same response you did and I reiterated our point again after your post.
Reading through 2 pages of comments, they have yet to add a single card suggested that's cmc 3 or less. Metallic Mimic, nope. Sage of Fables, nope. Carrion Feeder, nope. Baleful Strix, nope. Olivia, Mobilized for War, nope. Drana, Liberator of Malakir, nope. Rhystic Study, nope. Entomb, nope. Buried Alive, nope. I'm feeling a trend here to say the least.
3 weeks ago
hkhssweiss Ok so...
Dictate of Erebos & Grave Pact as I said in priv - great stuff to shrink my opps defenses by sacing tokens for other effects (not to mention them dying in combat ofc). Since it's very lucrative I'm considering both cards to maximize the chance to get one.
Vampire Nighthawk - yeah...mixed feelings. "Batman" is a legend and keyword soup, but here...dunno what to think tbh.
I think that Olivia, Mobilized for War and Falkenrath Gorger are charming couple. She's 3/3 flyer for 3 (not that bad) and can get my vamps counter and haste basically for free (since all vampires will have madness or she will let me discard lands if I will get flooded for example).
1 drops that you've mentioned (I've felt like there's not enough of them) - Vampire Cutthroat (evasion and lifelink for 1 mana is not that bad, don't you think?), Skymarcher Aspirant (added mainly because she's one-drop with 2 power, flying later is not THAT important). Yeah...maybe u are correct and I will get Asspirant and Skulking guy out.
Added Assylum Visitor only because she has nice belly :D She's good for discard decks.
I feel like there's too many anthem cards. I think 7 or so. Maybe I will cut one out.
3 weeks ago
No worries on the cards I listed, those are just ideas that I have seen and not tuned just yet! I agree why you wouldn't run most of the ones you listed. Crackling Doom is a meta call as I'm unsure what your exact meta is like, but I absolutely love that card because no one ever sees it coming! Bloodghast was more for the reanimation theme but that's not what we are going for in this deck build.
I'm actually a fan of Kheru Mind-Eater it's not to actually cast cards from your opponents but to deny them of CA. Plus you can also play their lands if they choose to exile lands from their hands!
A few cards I would consider out atm, probably Dictate of Erebos (I like it because it has your name on it but for efficiency sake it's that or Grave Pact), Vampire Nighthawk, Olivia, Mobilized for War, and Bloodghast.
I would actually consider cutting out all the non-efficient one drops as well like Vampire Cutthroat, Skymarcher Aspirant, Falkenrath Gorger. Further refinement also would need cuts for cards like Asylum Visitor as it will dilute your deck.
3 weeks ago
4 weeks ago
Actually, griffstick, I thought about it, I wanted to do Discard again. Mogis, God of Slaughter wasn't enough for me, so I'm reverting back to Olivia, Mobilized for War. Also, you got some really good ideas for the part; almost Hatebear-esque... I wonder what I can do for 's half for Discard... Also, I might want to find some support for Olivia 2.0 that isn't keyword based, & in as well... You basically inspired me for the half. I'll see what I can also find for Rona as well unless Etrata's last ability shuffles her into the library as a mandatory cost; only then would I have to change my commander a 2nd time... BTW, I wanted to use this deck as inspiration for my own, but only if you give the okay; I have one other needing the AOK for inspiration, but how do I even do that?
1 month ago
Any ideas for cuts or adds for this? I'll work on this next. Though I dunno what to choose for commander: Olivia, Mobilized for War for more discard, less Hatebear, or Mogis, God of Slaughter for the opposite. Any ideas, guys?
1 month ago
BUMP: Lazav, the Multifarious is at default, & I'm looking for some future upgrades for the future of that deck, & a card to compliment Arcane Laboratory. I SERIOUSLY need help w/ Olivia, Mobilized for War & nobody seems to be helping w/ Melek, Izzet Paragon. Any help would be great for all 3. :)
1 month ago
Hey I actually am rebuilding my Edgar deck right now, and I've realized a few things about the deck. So here's what I think...
- Dark Prophecy: Triple black, and can be used against your by wiping your board as it is NOT a may ability. So if you have 15 creatures and they WOG you lose 15 life which could be the game...
- Land Tax: I just don't think you need it, you operate with very little mana in this deck and I think you're fine without it.
- Umezawa's Jitte: I just don't like this card in EDH 9/10 the creature with the Jitte will ALWAYS be blocked. I just think there are better value cards out there
- Torment Of Hailfire: No one is ever going to do what you want with this card. Lets say they have an Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger on the table and you want it dead... they'll discard every card, lose all the life, and sac all the lands before they get rid of the ONE card you wanted gone. Just play a hard removal, Damnation
- Sign In Blood & Night's Whisper: They are one off and you have plenty of draw power in the deck that is consistent. At the very least cut Sign as is't double black and you are in 3 colors.
- Gifted Aetherborn: I tried it but it just doesn't do enough... Plus double black
- Bloodline Necromancer: Too expensive, you want cheap vamps to maximize on Eminence! Plus you have Reclamation so...
Cards Worth adding:
- Bloodghast too good
- Purphoros, God of the Forge great in multiplayer
- Olivia, Mobilized for War the haste helps a LOT
- Olivia Voldaren Can steal enemy commanders
- Sangromancer punishes your opponent
- Shadow Alley Denizen Value town weenie
- Westvale Abbey Flip you produce tokens why not?
- Cathars' Crusade Burst potential is so great
- Anointed Procession helps with going wide
- Cover of Darkness Meta dependent, great in playgroups not black heavy
- Mana Echoes SO MUCH MANA!