|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Shadows over Innistrad (SOI)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Olivia, Mobilized for War
Legendary Creature — Vampire Knight
Whenever another creature enters the battlefield under your control, you may discard a card. If you do, put a +1/+1 counter on that creature, it gains haste until end of turn, and it becomes a Vampire in addition to its other types.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (26)||bakunet , Hakira , Archegos , Skulldrey , malachislick , duff87 , Epidilius , AllDayTayTay , mziter501 , Orypool , miracle , mcstang1986 , sonnet666 , bfarber91 , Venser_the_Sojoner , firemind12 , bakeraj4 , CoolBeansBrattah , DrPopular , McLoving90 , Borg0th , jrschnoebelen , TehDelta , ecurps , GoldGhost012 , Famicomania|
|Want (14)||Wizidross , psoliver , masada631 , guacachole , cybertop , DoctorDax , Abijoe , Loading_Error , mlouden03 , SnatchSteal , ShishkyBob , xPixelWitchx , Clockwork_Control , yanfox|
Olivia, Mobilized for War Discussion
4 weeks ago
I'm not sure if you have any specific budget, but Deathmark should definitely be switched out for Fatal Push if you are going to keep removal in your sideboard, as it hits a much larger percent of Modern creatures and is an instant. My first suggestion would be to remove all the basic swamps from your deck and replace them with 4 spells. Since your average cmc is about 1, 24 lands is way too many and you will most likely flood every match. I would replace them with Abbot of Keral Keep because it fits well with your reanimator theme and helps you dig through your deck for more damage, plus it has prowess so he can be a decent beatstick as well if your opponents don't keep an eye on it. A fun card could be the newish Olivia, Mobilized for War, as she can give Vexing Devil +1/+1 and haste for the small price of a discarded card AFTER your opponent decides whether or not to take the damage. However, she does cost 3, so it may be awkward to play her. Instead of Spike Jester, I would put in either Shattering Spree (against Affinity), and instead of Rain of Gore I would put in Skullcracks because they aren't dead cards if your opponents end up not gaining life. That's all I can think of right now, otherwise this deck looks really fun to play!
4 weeks ago
Just my thoughts on your suggestions.
1) Price of Progress is definitely a great card for this style of deck, but I much rather prefer permanent effects that ping opponents. It seems like a fantastic finisher later in the game however seems like a very dead card early.
2) I had Iroas, God of Victory in my list earlier and I think its great for Markov. It just happened to be one of the cuts I made earlier when building/testing this deck. Dolmen Gate is another lower CMC card that I've also tested and have found to be useful.
3) Honestly due to how low of a curve this deck functions on you really don't need much ramp/fast mana. Of the Moxen you suggested, the only one I would consider running is Mox Diamond, since it can really help with color fixing. Chrome Mox, makes you lose too much tempo by pitching a card that would be far more useful in play than as fodder for ramp (I tested this in earlier iterations of this deck). As for Mox Amber, I really am not a fan of the card; it ends up being way too inconsistent as it relies on you having a legendary permanent out to do anything.
4) Wheel of Fortune is definitely not in my list due to cost reasons. Amazing for this list though.
5) I have tested Yawgmoth's Will in this deck in the past. Good card for the list for sure, I just chose to use it in another deck and since this is one of my more casual decks I didn't feel bad removing it from this deck.
6) You hit the nail on the head about Aether Vial. I'm using 1-drops to get eminence triggers out early to swarm opponents. Aether Vial really goes against what I'm trying to accomplish since it bypasses the eminence triggers.
7) Falkenrath Aristocrat is a great aggro card, you curve very nicely into it on turn 3/4, it is evasive, has haste and can protect itself; this card is exactly what I'm looking for in this deck for later turns. Vona, Butcher of Magan is a vampire that functions as repeatable removal (my meta calls for a lot of removal) and as a larger body for later turns; I really don't want to be playing 1-drops on turn 5+ and would rather be playing larger threats which is why it's important to curve into these larger vampires. Vampire Nighthawk is def a pet card of mine, but that's not really the reason I run it. It has so many useful keywords on it that make it an extremely valuable threat. I have had all three (Mirror Entity, Adaptive Automaton and Taurean Mauler) in my list before and I think they are all fine cards to run, I've just replaced them with cards that are lower on the curve as I found I had too many cards in the 3CMC slot.
8) Had Lightning Greaves in the list earlier, the mass haste is far more valuable in this deck as it lets you get more damage out earlier. While the protection you get from greaves is nice, I've found running mass protection/recursion spells to be far more useful in this deck since you're almost always trying to protect your board rather than individual creatures. I had Olivia, Mobilized for War in my list also at one point and even though it's a great haste enabler, more often than not I found myself not wanting to discard cards to its effect or not even having cards to discard for its effect.
9) I think Elenda, the Dusk Rose is better suited to an aristocrats style deck as it is more reliable if you have more sacrifice outlets (which my deck doesn't really run much of). I think it's a fantastic card to provide resilience against board wipes assuming you have the pieces to get that big payoff of tokens. I feel the same way about Bloodtracker; I think it's a fantastic card but like Elenda I think it requires too much setup in my list for the payoff I'm expecting it to provide. I've been running Bloodtracker in my Marchesa, the Black Rose deck and have been loving it, but I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that it has far more synergy with the game plan of that deck than my Edgar Markov deck. As for Bloodcrazed Paladin, I'm not a fan of it after trying it out when Ixalan came out. It's a very reactive card, so you tend to hold onto it and unlike Elenda, its payoff is consolidated into one threat (itself) rather than a board of tokens.
1 month ago
Ok sorry for the double post but did some thinking and most of my suggestions are probably not that helpful. So here my second attempt
Option 1) still stands, think this is a good card for the deck
Option 2) is probably already considered and dismissed by you since you run multiple god cards
Option 3-5 are probably not viable considering the casual nature of your deck. Although if your play Necropotence I think these are fair game as well :)
Option 6), I'm not (yet) willing to play (bad) 1 drop vampires since I want some more value per card so that's probably why the vial works for me. Looking at your deck it's probably not as good.
So here some new suggestions/comments 7) Falkenrath Aristocrat and Vona, Butcher of Magan stand out as not really fitting your game plan as in they are expensive and don't greatly benefit your agro plan. Even Vampire Nighthawk seems a bit off not being a lord. Cards like Mirror Entity, Adaptive Automaton and Taurean Mauler feel more fitting with your game plan to me (and entity and mauler give tokens as well :D)
8) Might I suggest Lightning Greaves over Fervor? Provides protection in addition to haste, however only haste to one creature a turn. I'm also playing Olivia, Mobilized for War and am surprised at how often I use her to give haste
1 month ago
MagicBlake Great input here! I was mainly running the Sifter of Skulls because it's more aggressive than Pawn. The plus one power doesn't seem like much, but it's the difference between one dethrone trigger presenting lethal and two. I may just run both! It's certainly a powerful effect. Kokusho I don't like because it is guaranteed to put you outside of dethrone range for the foreseeable future. You get use out of Wurmcoil even if you don't want to gain life. I have the option of blocking/attacking with the lifelink token. Otherwise Kokusho is simply a big flying beater. I will certainly consider Jokulhaups. Thankfully Death Cloud has not attracted any hate from my playgroup considering that the game ends shortly after I cast it. Jokulhaups should be in a similar state.
All Is Dust is really a poor option. You lose sac outlets in the process of clearing out a Sphere of Safety that you can simply win over the top of with Blood Artist effects. You don't need to attack to win in a Marchesa list. IF I need to get someone's Island Sanctuary off the field, then Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker, Nevermaker, and Dominus of Fealty are sufficient. Cyclonic Rift is a fantastic choice as well, but I am voting for its ban with its exclusion from my list.
I agree that Graft creatures are good in the deck, but most of them have mediocre to extremely weak effects outside of their use in protecting your board and being a sac target each turn. Both of those result in a useless deck if sac outlets or your commander are kept off of the field. That's why I run substitutes like Metallic Mimic, Olivia, Mobilized for War, Unspeakable Symbol, Mikaeus, the Unhallowed, as well as creatures that enter with counters natively. If the graft creatures had any effects that were even decently powerful on their own, I'd consider running them along Cytoplast Manipulator. As it stands, its substitutes outclass it.
1 month ago
You listed two kheru bloodsuckers. Also you have about 116 cards, I would try to narrow that down. Legion's Landing is a good reliable token generator when transformed, can take a look at that. Olivia, Mobilized for War is another good card since it can beef up your dudes when they come into play
2 months ago
Hey, I definitely understand that whole weekly EDH becoming a cluster fuck; been happening to my play group and we had to create rules to get things better.
As far as card suggestions go, I feel like Drana, Liberator of Malakir, Mavren Fein, Dusk Apostle, Shadow Alley Denizen, and Cover of Darkness are nessecary inclusions here; definitely worth considering.
Some cards I added for variety's sake and because they are good, but depends on how you want the deck to run Aurelia, the Warleader, Mirri the Cursed, Olivia, Mobilized for War, Whip of Erebos, and Vanquisher's Banner.
Oh and for the flavor I play one Campaign of Vengeance, because the flavor in that artwork is too strong.
2 months ago
My EDH cube has a +1/+1 counters theme running through it. Below are a list of the legends I use in it to push the cube in different directions.
It’s obviously supported with on-theme filler and not all the colors are represented here. White and green are probably the best places to get counters, and are slightly underrepresented in this list, but Voltron obviously fits into the +1/+1 counter theme well. Anyway, do what you will with this, and let me know if you have any questions.
3 months ago
You might want to check out the Skeletal Changeling/Basal Sliver combo deck. I've run a similar list with Call the Bloodline/Olivia, Mobilized for War with a madness package and almost exclusively vampire knights. With W/G Juniper Order Ranger is worth a look, and if you find yourself liking the skeletal changeling combo, Knight of the Stampede/Ghostly Changeling offers some extra resiliency.