Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Creature — Sphinx
Whenever Sphinx Ambassador deals combat damage to a player, search that player's library for a card, then that player names a card. If you searched for a creature card that isn't the named card, you may put it onto the battlefield under your control. Then that player shuffles his or her library.
5 months ago
I think you should cut: Brutalizer Exarch, Conduit of Ruin, Frost Titan, Giant Adephage, Myr Battlesphere, Oblivion Sower, Pelakka Wurm, Phyrexian Ingester, Rashmi, Eternities Crafter, Rattleclaw Mystic, Sagu Mauler, Simic Sky Swallower, Sphinx Ambassador, Stalking Vengeance, Tornado Elemental, Plasm Capture, Pandemonium, Sunken Hope, Tezzeret the Seeker, Chromatic Lantern, Darksteel Ingot, Disaster Radius, Explosive Vegetation, Heat Shimmer, Rude Awakening, and Spelltwine. As for lands, I do think you should replace: Izzet Boilerworks, Spawning Bed, and Temple of the False God.
I think you should add: Temur Sabertooth, Genesis Ultimatum, Etali, Primal Storm, Skyshroud Claim, Goreclaw, Terror of Qal Sisma, Sakura-Tribe Elder, Chaos Warp, Klauth, Unrivaled Ancient, Terror of the Peaks, Kodama of the East Tree, Reclamation Sage, Kogla, the Titan Ape, Consecrated Sphinx, Selvala, Heart of the Wilds, Wood Elves, Ilharg, the Raze-Boar, Diluvian Primordial, Prime Speaker Zegana, Release to the Wind, Return of the Wildspeaker, Nature's Lore, Three Visits, Garruk's Uprising, Guardian Project, Unnatural Growth, and Arcane Signet.
If you are able to find more slots, I think you should consider: Hullbreaker Horror, Thryx, the Sudden Storm (dependent on count of spells with 5 cmc or more), Soothsaying, Mulldrifter, Beast Whisperer (dependent on final count of creatures), Rishkar's Expertise, Turntimber Symbiosis Flip, See the Unwritten, Balefire Dragon, Scourge of the Throne, Bane of Progress (I feel like you do not have a ton of high value artifacts or enchantments that would cause this to cripple you), Momir Vig, Simic Visionary, and Genesis Storm.
6 months ago
I think tokens are the way to go. Trading tokens for big stuff. Think the Myriad mechanic. Blade of Selves, Banshee of the Dread Choir, and Broodbirth Viper. Other cards like Bitterblossom, and Thopter Spy Network, trad these cards in for the biggest nastiest creatures.
- Archon of Cruelty
- Toxrill, the Corrosive
- Sheoldred, Whispering One
- Razaketh, the Foulblooded
- Lord of the Void
- Archfiend of Despair
- Sphinx Ambassador
- Lorthos, the Tidemaker
- Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur
- Void Winnower
- Ulamog Infinite Gyre
- Phyrexian Triniform
- Darksteel Colossus
- Blightsteel Colossus
These are good for starters to choose from for cheating in value.
8 months ago
1 year ago
Does Sphinx Ambassador do much good for you? It seems a little expensive while I get it will almost always get you creatures maybe you could replace it with Helm of the Host just because I think you'll get some more value out of it
1 year ago
Ok, that clears up the pond much more, thank you.
In that case, some strictly good copy/clone targets include:
- Biovisionary: Simply giggily. No explanation necessary.
- Sphinx Ambassador: Being able to straight up steal creatures from your opponents' libraries for guessing a random creature is fun!
- Woodland Bellower & Fierce Empath: They grab each other, and can grab other creatures! Great for a more "toolbox" utility to your deck!
- Temur Sabertooth & Kogla, the Titan Ape: Stuck with a clone that is just not good enough? Well, these two beasties can reset those etb's!
- Deadeye Navigator & Peregrine Drake: Yes, of course, they combo. yay. However separately, they can be quite useful. Being able to reset Clone targets is always useful to have in the pocket. With the P Drake, you can net mana depending on the clone being used!
- Tishana, Voice of Thunder: She isn't the most mana effective way of drawing cards per se, but the value you can get off of her ETB is just bonkers.
- Frilled Mystic, Mystic Snake, & Venser, Shaper Savant: Beyond being just some nice control on a creature body, Venser can get around those sticky "Cannot be countered" spells!
- Bane of Progress & Reclamation Sage: Simply lovely Enchantment and artifact removal!
- Meteor Golem: need to blow up anything? Golem boi can handle that. (Insert Staples button here)
Let me know if any of these help at all!
2 years ago
2 years ago
EDH is really fun! Especially when you make a deck around a theme. I've made a similar Grixis theft deck with Jeleva. Here's a bunch of cards I have found fun and effective in my Grixis theft deck:
Emrakul, the Promised End , Gonti, Lord of Luxury , Grenzo, Havoc Raiser , Havengul Lich , Hostage Taker , Keiga, the Tide Star , Kheru Mind-Eater , Lord of the Void , Mindclaw Shaman , Necrotic Ooze , Nightveil Specter , Sepulchral Primordial , Sphinx Ambassador , Boneyard Parley , Knowledge Exploitation , Mnemonic Betrayal , Order of Succession , Role Reversal , Talent of the Telepath , Telemin Performance , Worst Fears , Commandeer , Desertion , Gather Specimens , Redirect , Reverberate , Spelljack , Wild Ricochet , Chaos Wand , Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker
3 years ago