, : Create a 2/2 colourless Shapeshifter creature token with changeling. (It has every creature type.)
Printings View all
|Modern Horizons (MH1)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Birthing Boughs occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Birthing Boughs Discussion
2 months ago
Birthing Boughs could be useful, it turns into a 4 mana fact or fiction + leave behind a dude
Myriad Landscape is a very, very, very slight form of ramp, maybe worth it
Wayfarer's Bauble is again, very, very, very slight ramp.
Universal Automaton is now a 1 mana 1/1 sphinx, not a bad idea
Archetype of Imagination grants your board flying, evasion is always good
Dreamscape Artist is the only other bit of blue land ramp I can find
2 months ago
Hey, nice budget version of Atla.
You have three of the best cards with Atla: Mirror Entity, Skullclamp and Goblin Bombardment. Eladamri's Call, Open the Armory and Idyllic Tutor are tutors for one of these cards. Crop Rotation can tutor for High Market or Opal Palace. Palace is actually an important card with Atla because if you cast her with Palace then she gets a +1/+1 counter. Atla having a counter means she doesn't die when you activate Mirror Entity for zero turning all creatures you control into 0/0 Eggs. This is how you can take real advantage of Entity.
Good luck with your deck.
3 months ago
I played this deck, it is actually really strong. But would suggest adding Cascading Cataracts, Sol Ring, and maybe Spark Double to copy the reaper king to have double effect, and lastly this would be great Panharmonicon to replace Birthing Boughs
4 months ago
Never seen a shaman deck before! Very cool. You might like these: Runed Stalactite, Amorphous Axe, Birthing Boughs, Irregular Cohort, Second Harvest, Evolutionary Leap, Heirloom Blade, Illusionist's Bracers, Thornbite Staff, Bloodline Shaman, Congregation at Dawn, Ghired, Conclave Exile, Wort, the Raidmother, Vitu-Ghazi Guildmage, Circle of Elders, Dwarven Thaumaturgist (he can pop your eggs + he looks funny)
6 months ago
I like the unique take of using changeling to get reductions from the eminence keyword and then trying to get some fun payoffs from lords. That said with 16 changelings, including Amoeboid Changeling and Mirror Entity and 28 pay off cards. I feel like you are forcing a lot of "lords" into a deck where it doesn't really matter.
Some of the lords I would remove because there aren't worth the slot for the small effect on a few changelings. Cloudshredder Sliver, Drogskol Captain, Lord of the Unreal, and Lovisa Coldeyes. Most of your changelings are small and giving them a small bump is P/T and haste or hexproof isn't worth forcing these cards into the deck.
Sliver Overlord, Realm-Cloaked Giant, and Thundercloud Shaman are on my maybe list because they are a bit more situational. Are you going to spend 3 mana to search for a changeling to get an effect? Do you want to wrath away your dragons and leave a team of small giants? Not sure how often these show up.
8 months ago
In regards to sideboards - they don't exist in EDH. This is a singleton format where players bring their decks as they are. So...unless those are cards you are considering for the deck - ya gotta cut em. Now here are some suggestions on what you could put in the deck to help it run more consistently:
- Manaweft Sliver: Like Gemhide Sliver but better.
- Worldly Tutor/Congregation at Dawn: These are tutors that have synergy with your commander (who must already be in play). Tutor for the 1 (or 3 slivers that each have a CMC 1 less than the other} and place it on top of your library. When casting Congregation at Dawn you can stack 3 slivers each with 3 different CMCs and - voalá you have 2 more Slivers coming into play.
- Skyshroud Claim/Pir's Whim/Nature's Lore/Sliver Hive/City of Brass/Exotic Orchard/Reflecting Pool/Chromatic Lantern/: For a 5c deck you have woefully little ramp/manafixing.
- Path to Exile/Swords to Plowshares/Anguished Unmaking/Krosan Grip/Beast Within/Generous Gift/Counterspell/Swan Song/Mana Leak/Arcane Denial/Forbid: Your deck has very little interaction - making you just a passive victim when your opponents decide it's time to deal with you - or when your opponents are going off. You need to be able to act. Slivers aren't passive creatures, and neither should you be when piloting them.
HONORABLE MENTIONS FOR ADDITIONAL CUTS: I know I went over a bunch of cuts in my previous post, but here are some more suggestions -
- Assemble the Legion/Retreat to Emeria/Birthing Boughs: You don't need Sliver Queen to make more tokens in an efficient manner. Allow me to introduce you to Brood Sliver and Hive Stirrings. Why go throught the trouble of making a janky combo that creates soldier tokens/changelings in cheap Sliver costumes when you could just...make Slivers? You also have the added flavor of getting double the tokens per combat damage assignment step when you have both Brood Sliver and Bonescythe Sliver out on the battlefield. Worse yet - Legion, Emeria and Boughs have absolutely no synergy with your commander outright. you have to hope you have Hivestone on the battlefield. AND THEN even if you have alll of the parts and pieces on the board you have literally zero cards in your deck that are CMC 0 - as tokens have a CMC of 0 - creating a total non-bo that just allows you to only be able to shuffle your library. That's it.
9 months ago
Cool deck! You might like these: Winter Orb (tap it with your general before your turn starts, and you get to untap all your lands while everyone else only untaps 1), Static Orb, Storage Matrix, Drift of Phantasms (finds Verity Circle), Muddle the Mixture (finds either piece of the Illusionist + Greaves combo), Merchant Scroll / Spellseeker (finds Muddle the Mixture), Urza's Incubator, Birthing Boughs, Riptide Replicator, Amoeboid Changeling, Mothdust Changeling, Shapesharer, Quicksilver Fountain
9 months ago
Its not budget at the moment but Swarmyard should be here if you can swing it.
Also Since you are running the token doublers Renowned Weaver I think is the only other mono green option that makes spiders. However, you could run Helm of the Host and Mimic Vat which would put token copies of your spiders on the board for doubling. There is also Birthing Boughs which makes shapeshifters that are spiders. Riptide Replicator does too but its over all investment is high.