Green spells you play cost less to play.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Emerald Medallion occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Emerald Medallion Discussion
3 days ago
I want to start by saying I love the first paragraph of your description and I love Ruxa being the Ramp Professor!
I wanted to add some possible options you might consider as well: Runic Armasaur and Endless Atlas could be excellent draw options for you. Collector Ouphe might be a great Stax card to run if you play around it's ability. Emerald Medallion would also possibly do some work as well!
Also cheers! I'm always happy to see another green deck on here!
1 month ago
Thought of two more as well:
Emerald Medallion > Into the North : You want to dump your hand of cheap cards quickly, so medallion will get you the most bang for your buck on anything with colorless mana. Alternatively you could replace Coldsteel Heart here.
Finally finally, you might consider Concordant Crossroads if you can afford it. It'll make it much easier to rebuild your board if it gets wiped or dealt with, or allow you to save up for a big turn when shields are down. I'd put it in for Tawnos's Wand .
1 month ago
Hey there! Here are some nice card options that might be useful to you.
Ramp Burgeoning , Exploration , Emerald Medallion , Bear Umbra , Golgari Signet , Sol Ring , Cryptolith Rite , Extraplanar Lens , Mana Reflection / Nyxbloom Ancient (both produce infinite mana with Basalt Monolith ), Nissa, Who Shakes the World , Utopia Sprawl , Wild Growth
With Lathril (Because of token creation) Stoneforge Masterwork (make Lathril huge), Collective Unconscious (draw a ton), Second Harvest (double all your tokens), Shamanic Revelation , Skullclamp (attach to a token to kill it and draw two cards for basically one mana), Epic Struggle , Triumph of the Hordes , Coat of Arms , Leyline of Abundance
Infinite Sword of the Paruns , Umbral Mantle , and Staff of Domination go infinite with anything that can produce enough mana to tap and untap itself such as Priest of Titania , Elvish Archdruid , Karametra's Acolyte , etc some of which you already have
2 months ago
Sorry for the very lengthy reply. I just got swept up in this.
I've only played two games so my experience overall isn't going to tell me enough about how certain cards perform in various situations or if they're not synergizing enough with your strategy. I'm guessing you're on a budget. If your playgroup allows proxies, or money isn't an issue. Gaea's Cradle is always a great option in a deck that generates lots of token creatures, and you're already running Crop Rotation . The budget option to cradle though is Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip. When I began my 2nd game playing this deck I was very concerned since one opponent was running Angus Mackenzie which usually just neuters this kind of strategy. I mean I lost that game for other reasons, but if it had dragged on I probably would need a lot of luck to have instant speed removal for Angus and enough power to alpha strike or I'd just lose to forever fog. That's certainly an edge case, but a tad more removal could be helpful to rid yourself of problematic creatures or other effects. Song of the Dryads and Kenrith's Transformation are a couple of great options. The only other creature that doesn't do something like fight that shot to the front of my mind to get around Angus was Questing Beast .
However, simply looking at the list and thinking about good options in general I would say the following cards should be considered for replacement:
- Colossal Majesty its a bit slow compared to other green card draw. Sylvan Library is probably the best replacement if money is no issue. Beast Whisperer is decent and you can tutor it. There are great one-time effects considering the swarm you usually have like Shamanic Revelation and Regal Force . Harmonize is always a solid option. Oakhame Adversary is usually getting through because of deathtouch and you can always leave him as a blocker. Depending on your meta Runic Armasaur can net you plenty of cards.
- Liege of the Tangle feels like you'd be better off with something that helps finish the game the turn it enters the battlefield for this much mana. Craterhoof Behemoth or something like that would be nice, but if you're content with the pump that you get from Kamahl then perhaps Bane of Progress would be nice to wipe the pesky artifacts and enchantments. God-Eternal Rhonas is another decent buff to finish with. Great Oak Guardian could potentially be a finisher with your ability to turn lands into creatures and Temur Sabertooth as a way to recast the treefolk again and again.
- Nylea, Keen-Eyed I feel like she is a decent card, especially since she is indestructible, but her activated ability is pretty costly for only digging 1 card. I would prefer Duskwatch Recruiter Flip for this kind of effect and if it flips it does the cost reduction. If you're after an indestructible creature here then Rhonas the Indomitable is great for the deathtouch as a blocker or threat, and his pump + trample effect. For other nice cost reducers there's Emerald Medallion and Rhonas's Monument .
- Curious Herd was a dead card for me in one of my games where I drew it. I ended up discarding it when I ended a turn at 8 cards in hand. I can see that it has potential in some matchups, but its is a bit meta dependent. Arachnogenesis would probably be an upgrade in many cases, but again meta dependant.
- Magus of the Order I was surprised when I saw this in my hand because I didn't realize it had been printed. 2020 was a blur. However, as it stands there were not a lot of great targets for this to go tutor into play. Avenger, Nyxbloom, of Baloths were the primary options to me since Leige needs to swing and connect in order to do something and wait a turn before the lands can attack giving opponents a chance to wipe your board (including 8/8 lands). Actual Natural Order would be preferable since it is less telegraphed, but still need better finisher, utility, value to tutor for. Craterhoof, Bane of Progress, or maybe something like Apex Devastator for all the silly cascades.
- Roiling Regrowth -> Harrow (generally won't get countered so the additional cost on cast of sacrificing a land is a minimal risk) or if you want a body Springbloom Druid .
- Bow of Nylea it certainly has its utility, but something like Ohran Frostfang may be better for the deathtouch buff and supplemental card draw.
Other cards to consider:
- Skyshroud Claim it doesn't have the option to cycle, but untapped lands can really help in situations where you've doubled or tripled your mana produced.
- Zendikar Resurgent is just a great card.
- Eternal Witness works great with Temur Sabertooth and is generally just a great card.
- Overwhelming Stampede just a nice alternative finisher to Kamahl incase he's too expensive to get back on the field.
- Kogla, the Titan Ape not a lot of humans in your current iteration to have his bounce ability be useful like Temur Sabertooth , but he's still another way to fight a problematic creature and he can remove an artifact/enchantment per attack.
- Champion of Lambholt with so many token creatures you can get this up to a point where your creatures are unblockable.
- Soul of the Harvest is another solid source of incremental card draw.
- Triumph of the Hordes is a nice surprise finisher, especially against someone with near-infinite life.
- Carpet of Flowers meta dependent, but excellent ramp.
- Elder Gargaroth beefy, and has useful options every attack.
- Bellowing Tanglewurm since Kamahl already can pump, this can help get your alpha strike in.
- Kamahl, Fist of Krosa can just be a fun deterrent to board wipes if you have enough mana available to turn your opponent's lands into creatures in response.
- Oracle of Mul Daya just amazing for landfall theme.
- Gaea's Touch is a budget friendly option to help put more lands into play per turn, but they need to be basic forests.
- Tireless Tracker a bit grindy, but nice way to spend mana when you have nothing better to do. Also the treasure token trigger Kodama of the East Tree to allow you to put another land into play.
Some combo suggestions:
- Quirion Ranger + Ashaya, Soul of the Wild to use the ranger's ability to return the ranger and untap any other creature that can tap for mana to recast the range and repeat for infinite cast triggers, creature ETB triggers for other permanents that care, and "landfall" triggers. Scryb Ranger can also work if your "lands" produce an additional green or if you have a way to give them haste like Lightning Greaves or Concordant Crossroads .
- Cloudstone Curio + Kodama of the East Tree to put a land into play, bounce another land, resolve Kodama trigger to put that land back into play and bounce the first land for as many additional lands you can play per turn. This becomes infinite if you have a permanent that generates any kind of token on landfall trigger.
2 months ago
You only have a few actual creatures (17, not including the commanders) in the deck so I don't think Zendikar Resurgent and Guardian Project are worth it. Would an Emerald Medallion or other cost reducing spells be better. As for card draw Mentor of the Meek? You are playing green; there has to be something else.
You also only have a limited number of non-land permanents (34) and very little self mill and fetch lands. So I'm not sure if Eerie Ultimatum really deserves the spot. Your permanents are pretty powerful, so you may still want this. If you decide to keep it in you might want to look at Deadbridge Chant and more fetches or Evolving Wilds for your lands.
My only other thought is Entreat the Angels. You are going to draw cards during your second main phase; no miracle is feel bad.
4 months ago
Hey there! You mentioned needing some help with the mana base, which is certainly something I might be able to aid you in! Your deck has a whopping 4.69 average mana cost, where 33 lands is around good for a average of 3.5. Due to that, you may want to add a few extra lands but mainly you want to have a very strong ramping mana base. Below, you will find some strong ramp cards that could seriously help a ton, if you aren't aware of them already! I would list out all the lands you should consider including, but you ca also find them right here (https://managathering.com/duallands/Gruul.html)! There are quite a lot of great lands you missed so definitely check that out, along with some multi lands like Prismatic Vista, Fabled Passage, Strip Mine, Wasteland, Reflecting Pool, and a ton more. Anyways though, take a look at these ramp cards:
- Bloom Tender
- Emerald Medallion
- Ruby Medallion
- Nature's Lore
- Cloud Key (Creatures)
- Three Visits
- Seething Song
- Treasonous Ogre
- Dockside Extortionist
- Mana Flare
- DEFINITELY a Selvala, Heart of the Wilds
- Heart of Ramos/Horn of Ramos
- Sylvan Caryatid
- Chromatic Lantern
- Mind Stone
- Commander's Sphere
- Oracle of Mul Daya
- Hehe maybe a Jeweled Lotus if you can afford it
- Mark of Sakiko
- Talisman of Impulse
Gosh that was a lot, but from that huge list I'm sure you can pick a few to add! With your average CMC and amount of lands currently, I'd try to make it around 37 lands, with maybe 13-16 ramp spells, or even more if you think the deck needs it. You could replace the ramp spells above with some of the worse ones , (for example cut Farseek for Nature's Lore, and remember lore can search for Stomping Ground) and maybe cut some more of the fluff cards. Like Star of Extinction is great but how many times do you really end up using it and it benefits you? Plus it'll blow up some of your own creatures! And also remember, while equipment is great, Xenagos is an automatic buff, so maybe you don't need as much of that. My point is, your deck needs a lot of ramp, and while other cards may be nice, it may be much harder to win without the ramp. So that said, I hope this helps, be sure to check out some of my decks (cough Double Trouble EDH ⫸PRIMER⫷ cough), good luck on your deck, and have a wonderful day!
5 months ago
Hey there! Elves are indeed a super fun creature type, I've whipped up a few decks for them in the past, thus I may have some suggestions that may be of use for you! First off, Twilight Mire would make a great addition to this deck, and I can say from experience that they help you quite a bit. There is also Blooming Marsh, which may not be your thing, but works very well for me in some of my decks. Strip Mine/Wasteland can definitely up the power-level of your deck, as almost nothing works better than destroying your opponent's lands, especially since the ability is hard to stop. Ancient Tomb is also an amazing card, and based on the card costs in your deck, I think you could use this quite a lot to your advantage in the deck, especially because you're gaining life. Last but not least, I would possibly recommend Mana Confluence, City of Brass, and Reflecting Pool, if you think your mana base needs it, though I think it looks pretty fine without it. You may also want to replace all your basics with Snow-Covered Swamps and Snow-Covered Forest, as they are cheap, and function the exact same as basics, meaning they are still considered basic lands, etc, except they can be very good if you are facing a snow deck. While this isn't likely, it is always something to consider. Speaking of the mana base, there are some notable cards missing here, and I would consider the following for ramp: Birds of Paradise, Sylvan Caryatid, Nature's Lore/Three Visits, Selvala, Heart of the Wilds, Exploration, Burgeoning, Explore, Emerald Medallion, Sol Ring, and of course Arcane Signet. I understand a couple of your elves can ramp, but its good to at least have 7-10 ramp spells in the deck, and some of the above might be very helpful in that regard. Now enough about the manabase, how about we look into your elves! Here are a list of a bunch of elves you way want to consider: Abomination of Llanowar, Ezuri, Renegade Leader, Marwyn, the Nurturer, Dwynen, Gilt-Leaf Daen, Fauna Shaman, Allosaurus Shepherd, Shaman of the Pack, Elvish Champion, Heritage Druid, Yeva, Nature's Herald, Joraga Treespeaker, Wirewood Symbiote, and many more! You also may want to consider some tribal cards, like Coat of Arms, Vanquisher's Banner, Door of Destinies, Herald's Horn, Urza's Incubator, etc. Last but not least, you may want to include Umbral Mantle, Sword of the Paruns, and Staff of Domination, because if you have Elvish Archdruid, Priest of Titania, or something that gives 3+ mana, you can get INFINITE mana with these cards, making them quite good! Anyways, these card suggestions may not be your sort of thing, or they may give you something to think about, but either way feel free to check out some of my decks, like Double Trouble EDH ⫸PRIMER⫷, and give them some support if this helped! Now I hope this helps, good luck on your deck, and have a wonderful day! Happy tapping!
5 months ago
What a cool deck! My deck, Double Trouble EDH ⫸PRIMER⫷, functions quite similarly with a lot of ramp and unblockable spells, so I may be able to give you a few tips! First thing, I would recommend playing a bunch more of unblockable spells. 6/100 cards aren't very reassuring, and there are many more of them that could prove useful! Infiltrate, Cloak of Mists, Canopy Cover, and Aether Tunnel are all pretty good as well! If you have the budget, Thassa, God of the Sea could work well in that regard too. I would also consider a bunch of more pump spells and a couple of neat draw spells. One of the best ones in this regard would be Berserk, basically a 1 hit KO, but as that may not be within your budget, I would look through the following: Blossoming Defense, Briar Shield, Groundswell, Hunt the Hunter, Might of Old Krosa, Mutagenic Growth, Seal of Strength, Vines of Vastwood, Favor of the Overbeing, Might of the Nephilim, Phytoburst, Titanic Growth, Invigorate, Might of Oaks, and of course the final two. Hunter's Prowess, and Hunter's Insight. If you have an unblockable spell, you can draw 12+ cards with arixmethes, and if you have some pump spells, that can be WAY more. Pump spells also increase commander damage, letting you reach your goal relatively quicker. While the pump spells aren't necessary, I think the draw spells would work wonderfully. For lands and ramp, I'll try to stick to cheaper things, so I think Exotic Orchard would work really well, since almost everyone nowadays plays in blue/green, and you'd have pretty great chances. As for ramp, I would definitely include Sol Ring, Arcane Signet, Simic Signet, Birds of Paradise, Nature's Lore, Three Visits (It will be reprinted in commander legends for less than a dollar), Sylvan Caryatid, Explore, Growth Spiral, Emerald Medallion/Sapphire Medallion, Mark of Sakikoand as for non-budget options, Burgeoning, Exploration, and Selvala, Heart of the Wilds. I also do not think you really need the "fatties" section, as they don't directly contribute to the gameplan and they seem to be more of a flavorful aspect. Anyways though, be sure to check out some of my decks, hope this helps, and have a wonderful day! Happy tapping!