Green spells you play cost less to play.
|Have (3)||, CompleteWaste , testbinder|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Emerald Medallion Discussion
1 month ago
4 months ago
No problem! Sorry that I didn't quite understand the deck's theme.
My suggestion would be to cut two of either Bloom Tender , Lotus Petal , or Emerald Medallion for 2 lands. Petal is a nice mana burst, but kind of only powerful if you are attempting to routinely loop or combo with it. Emerald Medallion is a really strong card, but I don't think it's being maximized within this deck. You aren't ramping into huge green spells (or even moderately costed green spells) on a consistent basis. It is great if you are storming off with pump spells, but half of your green pump spells only cost a single so the cost reduction doesn't impact them. Bloom Tender is another very strong ramp spell, but again, I don't think it is being maximized here. You don't run a terribly large number of multi-colored permanents. Sure with Rafiq on the battlefield it's 3 mana, but without him it's likely only producing green mana as most of your non-buffing permanents are green (I guess you could place a non-green buff on one of your mana dorks, but that seems like a waste).
With the amount of top deck manipulation that you are running, those two cantrips are great additions. You could also consider Ponder and the weaker Portent . They both draw and allow you to shuffle your library. Treasure Cruise and Dig Through Time are also fantastic since you can routinely cast them for and with Delve.
P.S. I actually think Mirri's Guile is quite strong and good in this deck, it was just the first one that I thought of when writing my earlier comment.
5 months ago
- Generous Patron (3)
- Emerald Medallion (2)
- Tangle Wire (3)
- Song of the Dryads (3)
- Ulvenwald Tracker (1)
- Oakhame Adversary (2/4)
- Voyaging Satyr (2)
- Geier Reach Sanitarium
- Joraga Treespeaker (1)
- Hope Tender (2)
- Elvish Reclaimer (1)
- Ram Through (2)
- Sakura-Tribe Scout (1)
- Argothian Elder (4)
- Ley Weaver (4)
- Wirewood Lodge
= 13 cmc
These are the incoming changes guys. Expect a fully fleshed out primer implementing all of these. Also, the Moxfield primer is just going to be a redirect to the T/O primer. (Sorry guys, keeping up with multiple primers is a giant pain in the ass and I got ton on my plate atm).
Eventually I'll re-port the whole updated primer back to Moxfield.
If want to discuss these changes with the whole Yeva community, myself included join our server:
5 months ago
CyborgAeon: Yedora, Grave Gardener is unfortunately too costly for a value/protection spell, especially when most of the hate I encounter is targeted and 5 mana for some synergy isn't really feasible.
Just a heads up for those on the thread, you can stay up to date with the on-goings of the list, like the above-mentioned cards on the discord!
Here's what's being tested at the moment:
6 months ago
I want to start by saying I love the first paragraph of your description and I love Ruxa being the Ramp Professor!
I wanted to add some possible options you might consider as well: Runic Armasaur and Endless Atlas could be excellent draw options for you. Collector Ouphe might be a great Stax card to run if you play around it's ability. Emerald Medallion would also possibly do some work as well!
Also cheers! I'm always happy to see another green deck on here!
7 months ago
Thought of two more as well:
Emerald Medallion > Into the North : You want to dump your hand of cheap cards quickly, so medallion will get you the most bang for your buck on anything with colorless mana. Alternatively you could replace Coldsteel Heart here.
Finally finally, you might consider Concordant Crossroads if you can afford it. It'll make it much easier to rebuild your board if it gets wiped or dealt with, or allow you to save up for a big turn when shields are down. I'd put it in for Tawnos's Wand .
7 months ago
Hey there! Here are some nice card options that might be useful to you.
Ramp Burgeoning , Exploration , Emerald Medallion , Bear Umbra , Golgari Signet , Sol Ring , Cryptolith Rite , Extraplanar Lens , Mana Reflection / Nyxbloom Ancient (both produce infinite mana with Basalt Monolith ), Nissa, Who Shakes the World , Utopia Sprawl , Wild Growth
With Lathril (Because of token creation) Stoneforge Masterwork (make Lathril huge), Collective Unconscious (draw a ton), Second Harvest (double all your tokens), Shamanic Revelation , Skullclamp (attach to a token to kill it and draw two cards for basically one mana), Epic Struggle , Triumph of the Hordes , Coat of Arms , Leyline of Abundance
Infinite Sword of the Paruns , Umbral Mantle , and Staff of Domination go infinite with anything that can produce enough mana to tap and untap itself such as Priest of Titania , Elvish Archdruid , Karametra's Acolyte , etc some of which you already have
8 months ago
Sorry for the very lengthy reply. I just got swept up in this.
I've only played two games so my experience overall isn't going to tell me enough about how certain cards perform in various situations or if they're not synergizing enough with your strategy. I'm guessing you're on a budget. If your playgroup allows proxies, or money isn't an issue. Gaea's Cradle is always a great option in a deck that generates lots of token creatures, and you're already running Crop Rotation . The budget option to cradle though is Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip. When I began my 2nd game playing this deck I was very concerned since one opponent was running Angus Mackenzie which usually just neuters this kind of strategy. I mean I lost that game for other reasons, but if it had dragged on I probably would need a lot of luck to have instant speed removal for Angus and enough power to alpha strike or I'd just lose to forever fog. That's certainly an edge case, but a tad more removal could be helpful to rid yourself of problematic creatures or other effects. Song of the Dryads and Kenrith's Transformation are a couple of great options. The only other creature that doesn't do something like fight that shot to the front of my mind to get around Angus was Questing Beast .
However, simply looking at the list and thinking about good options in general I would say the following cards should be considered for replacement:
- Colossal Majesty its a bit slow compared to other green card draw. Sylvan Library is probably the best replacement if money is no issue. Beast Whisperer is decent and you can tutor it. There are great one-time effects considering the swarm you usually have like Shamanic Revelation and Regal Force . Harmonize is always a solid option. Oakhame Adversary is usually getting through because of deathtouch and you can always leave him as a blocker. Depending on your meta Runic Armasaur can net you plenty of cards.
- Liege of the Tangle feels like you'd be better off with something that helps finish the game the turn it enters the battlefield for this much mana. Craterhoof Behemoth or something like that would be nice, but if you're content with the pump that you get from Kamahl then perhaps Bane of Progress would be nice to wipe the pesky artifacts and enchantments. God-Eternal Rhonas is another decent buff to finish with. Great Oak Guardian could potentially be a finisher with your ability to turn lands into creatures and Temur Sabertooth as a way to recast the treefolk again and again.
- Nylea, Keen-Eyed I feel like she is a decent card, especially since she is indestructible, but her activated ability is pretty costly for only digging 1 card. I would prefer Duskwatch Recruiter Flip for this kind of effect and if it flips it does the cost reduction. If you're after an indestructible creature here then Rhonas the Indomitable is great for the deathtouch as a blocker or threat, and his pump + trample effect. For other nice cost reducers there's Emerald Medallion and Rhonas's Monument .
- Curious Herd was a dead card for me in one of my games where I drew it. I ended up discarding it when I ended a turn at 8 cards in hand. I can see that it has potential in some matchups, but its is a bit meta dependent. Arachnogenesis would probably be an upgrade in many cases, but again meta dependant.
- Magus of the Order I was surprised when I saw this in my hand because I didn't realize it had been printed. 2020 was a blur. However, as it stands there were not a lot of great targets for this to go tutor into play. Avenger, Nyxbloom, of Baloths were the primary options to me since Leige needs to swing and connect in order to do something and wait a turn before the lands can attack giving opponents a chance to wipe your board (including 8/8 lands). Actual Natural Order would be preferable since it is less telegraphed, but still need better finisher, utility, value to tutor for. Craterhoof, Bane of Progress, or maybe something like Apex Devastator for all the silly cascades.
- Roiling Regrowth -> Harrow (generally won't get countered so the additional cost on cast of sacrificing a land is a minimal risk) or if you want a body Springbloom Druid .
- Bow of Nylea it certainly has its utility, but something like Ohran Frostfang may be better for the deathtouch buff and supplemental card draw.
Other cards to consider:
- Skyshroud Claim it doesn't have the option to cycle, but untapped lands can really help in situations where you've doubled or tripled your mana produced.
- Zendikar Resurgent is just a great card.
- Eternal Witness works great with Temur Sabertooth and is generally just a great card.
- Overwhelming Stampede just a nice alternative finisher to Kamahl incase he's too expensive to get back on the field.
- Kogla, the Titan Ape not a lot of humans in your current iteration to have his bounce ability be useful like Temur Sabertooth , but he's still another way to fight a problematic creature and he can remove an artifact/enchantment per attack.
- Champion of Lambholt with so many token creatures you can get this up to a point where your creatures are unblockable.
- Soul of the Harvest is another solid source of incremental card draw.
- Triumph of the Hordes is a nice surprise finisher, especially against someone with near-infinite life.
- Carpet of Flowers meta dependent, but excellent ramp.
- Elder Gargaroth beefy, and has useful options every attack.
- Bellowing Tanglewurm since Kamahl already can pump, this can help get your alpha strike in.
- Kamahl, Fist of Krosa can just be a fun deterrent to board wipes if you have enough mana available to turn your opponent's lands into creatures in response.
- Oracle of Mul Daya just amazing for landfall theme.
- Gaea's Touch is a budget friendly option to help put more lands into play per turn, but they need to be basic forests.
- Tireless Tracker a bit grindy, but nice way to spend mana when you have nothing better to do. Also the treasure token trigger Kodama of the East Tree to allow you to put another land into play.
Some combo suggestions:
- Quirion Ranger + Ashaya, Soul of the Wild to use the ranger's ability to return the ranger and untap any other creature that can tap for mana to recast the range and repeat for infinite cast triggers, creature ETB triggers for other permanents that care, and "landfall" triggers. Scryb Ranger can also work if your "lands" produce an additional green or if you have a way to give them haste like Lightning Greaves or Concordant Crossroads .
- Cloudstone Curio + Kodama of the East Tree to put a land into play, bounce another land, resolve Kodama trigger to put that land back into play and bounce the first land for as many additional lands you can play per turn. This becomes infinite if you have a permanent that generates any kind of token on landfall trigger.