|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Tap: Add to your mana pool.
Tap: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool. Tarnished Citadel deals 3 damage to you.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Tarnished Citadel Discussion
1 week ago
Here's a list of some lands that might help with your mana base, without breaking the bank:
- Aether Hub provides a one-time mana fix, and can be useful in a pinch.
- City of Brass and Mana Confluence.
- Exotic Orchard and Reflecting Pool both are a bit dependent on what other lands are in play, but I've never been overly disappointed in them.
- Forbidden Orchard's downside can be quite annoying, but it does provide emergency colour fixing if necessary.
- The tri-coloured lands are pretty inexpensive (both the lairs/ones that enter tapped). I personally run a number of the lairs, alongside cards allowing me to play multiple lands, to make use of their bounce effect.
- Gemstone Mine three uses before sacrifice is still pretty useful.
- Meteor Crater requires you to have permanents on the battlefield, but that is usually not a problem.
- Tarnished Citadel generally is used to generate colourless mana, but, in an emergency, 3 life is a small price to pay for absolute colour fixing.
I also run a couple enchantments to improve my ramp (granted, the deck they are in is a 5-colour enchantress deck, so I get the added utility of enchantment synergies). Fertile Ground, Utopia Sprawl, Dawn's Reflection, Overgrowth, and Trace of Abundance provide colour fixing and ramp. Mirari's Wake is also a fantastic card, vastly increasing your mana generation, and granting all your creatures a slight boon.
2 weeks ago
Sculpting Steel - If you run copy artifact, why not this too?
Eladamri's Call - Fetch your win con or a dork
Toxic Deluge - You may be running enough counterspells, but I can't seem to find a boardwipe on your list.
Chain of Vapor - Bounce something you own out of harm's way
Path to Exile - Is giving a player a land such a big downside in your meta? If it isn't you should run this (Don't forget if you get desperate, target something you control)
Crop Rotation - Mana fixing for consistency
Memory's Journey - If you're facing issues with recursion
Eldritch Evolution - Backup Birthing Pod, is one use though
Tarnished Citadel - Mana fixing
Phyrexian Tower - Maybe if you find you have creatures to sacrifice
3 weeks ago
With apologies for posting twice in rapid succession, I had been focusing on creatures as opposed to the rest of the deck while making my initial comment. With a second look, I wanted to address your mana base. I think investing in a better manabase would probably give a better return than adding a bunch of amazing, but expensive, critters. Even if you do not feel like spending $10+ on fetch and shock lands, there are several options you might want to consider. Here are a couple of relatively inexpensive tools I have used in my own five colour commander deck:
Aether Hub provides one-time colour fixing, which can be quite useful in an emergency.
Gemstone Mine three uses of colour fixing is generally sufficient, even if you have to sacrifice the thing after.
Meteor Crater is pretty useless in your opening hand, but can really shine in the late game.
Forbidden Orchard has a bit of a downside, but can still provide emergency colour fixing.
Tarnished Citadel will generally be used for , but can be used in an absolute emergency to give you that coloured mana you need.
1 month ago
More Suggestions continued:
- Cut Contagion Engine for Atraxa, Praetors' Voice and the Oracle of Mul Daya for Zur the Enchanter
- Cut Privileged Position for Greater Auramancy
- Maelstrom Nexxus is a "shits & giggles" card, so chuck it out for Exploration; you can add it back in when you cut your land count down (you've got roughly 6-8 more than you need)
- Cut Grand Coliseum for Tarnished Citadel
- Find a place for Maze of Ith, Cabal Coffers, Thawing Glaciers, Amulet of Vigor, Chrome Mox, Mana Crypt, Commander's Sphere, and Thespian's Stage
- If you can fit in Dark Depths after all that, that's awesome
2 months ago
2 months ago
3 months ago
Lands that let you pay life to make any color of mana (white and red) seem good here: Mana Confluence, City of Brass and Tarnished Citadel. You're gaining life with your Commander use that life to better your manabase. Aren't these lands better than playing come into play tapped lands like Guidgate, Crag? Even Basics?
You're playing a lot of equipment, consider Stoneforge Mystic to tutor for them? Especially Skullclamp which seems nuts with your strategy.
4 months ago
Updated! I'm loving the suggestions so far. I definitely would agree this deck could use a few more wincons. Mirror Entity will make a lovely addition to the team, as well at Ankh of Mishra, Staff of Nin and Tarnished Citadel so i don't have to rely on the enemy to make my tokens for me.
The only real thing I can see being needed for this deck maybe besides wincons, (which would aid wincons as well) are a few card tutors, I think? The card draws I've added will help with that too.