|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Search your library for a card, then shuffle your library and put that card on top of it. You lose 2 life.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Cruel Tutor Discussion
2 weeks ago
Solid revamp to the deck! I would suggest a few things just at a first glace. The deck is based around pumping slivers so keeping Sliver Queen alive is important. I suggest some of these: Ring of Evos Isle, Darksteel Plate, or Champion's Helm. Next I don't see anything dealing with flying creatures so these could help: Levitation, Akroma's Memorial. And last thing I can think of is some tutors, it's really easy to combo off to infinity with Sliver Queen. So I suggest some tutors, though they can get expensive: Demonic Tutor, Cruel Tutor, Diabolic Intent(good with the queen), Vampiric Tutor.
mattmccrackin, I don't suggest throwing all of these in there, only a couple.
2 weeks ago
For nearly a thousand dollars, this deck is meh. Run for tutors, less of the junk token cards, Slimefoot, the Stowaway is a fast paced combo deck, more dorks, less of the following:
1x Saproling Symbiosis
1x Scatter the Seeds
1x Second Harvest
1x Sporecrown Thallid
1x Tendershoot Dryad
1x Verdant Embrace
1x Verdant Force
1x Verdeloth the Ancient
Slimefoot is the only token generator you need.
1x Winding Constrictor - (This only affects counter)
Add some of the following:
3 weeks ago
I would recommend Anguished Unmaking , Bitterblossom , Blessing of Leaches , Blood Scrivener , Bloodgift Demon , Boon of Erebos , Coa Ren, Wei Commander , Corpse Augur , Cruel Tutor (Actually, any of the tutor cards). Be sure to include Embargo. Some more are Grinning Demon , Hoarder's Greed , Kothoped, Soul Hoarder. Just suggestions.
1 month ago
2 months ago
Off hand, the only high dollar cards that I have not included are Moat, Grim Tutor, and Imperial Seal. Not sure if I would actually include Moat due to the fact that it is a sort of nombo with the theme of encouraging strife at the table, and I am not sure that Imperial Seal is that amazing that I would really include it, but I could see going Grim Tutor over Cruel Tutor and possibly Imperial Seal over Shred Memory. That is about $1.4k right there. There are probably others, but those are some obvious examples.
3 months ago
3 months ago
Hey, i'd like to give you my opinion on some of the (not overpowered) cards you might be missing and some that i think underperform in this deck after some time playing with Meren.
- Golgari Charm: This card always disappoints me. Every effect on this card is not very appealing for Meren, the only good board state i see myself playing this is if my opponent has a couple mana dorks and for some reason i have nothing on board. If you are worried about infinite combos that involve some enchantment i'd play Krosan Grip or Viridian Zealot considering you already have Acidic Slime and Reclamation Sage.
- Buried Alive: This card is a must. You can throw some mana dorks, sack outlets or the all-star Spore Frog to your graveyard on early game to start the engine or find some finishers on late game.
- Liliana, Heretical Healer Flip: Play this for control matchups to support the Mindslicer effect, very easy to flip and can reanimate your low CMC creatures for some great value.
- Living Death: Weird card, i can't think of an appropiate board state where i'd like to play this. If your engine is working you usually have more creatures on the battle field rather than your graveyard. If the engine is not working you probably have an empty graveyard or not much value there anyway. Dont think of Meren as a dredge deck that will fill your graveyard with value in a couple turns, most games the value is in your hand or rotating between your battlefield and graveyard.
- Dusk Legion Zealot + Elvish Visionary (The card advantage engine): I've been impressed by the performance of "one shot" draw spells like Altar's Reap,Night's Whisper or Sign in Blood on my decks as 2-mana draw two, with Altar's Reap beign an awesome top deck in mid to late game. Of course i play this with repeatable card draw like Phyrexian Arena or Sylvan Library
- Yahenni, Undying Partisan + Wrath: I've won some matches with this combo and Yahenni is a great sack outlet as its very hard to deal with
- A bit Enchantment heavy: ive found Evolutionary Leap to be somewhat disappointing. Try All Is Dust + From Beyond instead of Awakening Zone for some ramp/colorless emergency removal as backup against obnoxious cards such as Iona, Shield of Emeria. Duplicant works aswell.
- No tutors?: Cruel Tutor, Worldly Tutor or even Diabolic Tutor are fair cards that will help you find answers more efficiently than pure card advantage
- Shady Finishers: Gray Merchant of Asphodel loves Grave Titan or Razaketh, the Foulblooded. Even Avenger of Zendikar with all the basic land fetching you can do would work better than Regal Behemoth or Massacre Wurm i think.
3 months ago
Hey there Surreality Foil could be a budget Force of Will. As for Imperial Seal, Cruel Tutor serves the exact same function at the cost of additional mana. Sadly I couldn't find budget alternatives for the other cards.