Creature — Illusion
When Aura Thief is put into a graveyard from play, you gain control of all enchantments. (You don't get to move Auras.)
Printings View all
|Urza's Destiny (UDS)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Aura Thief occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Aura Thief Discussion
4 weeks ago
I like this deck. A few suggestions if I may. If running Counterbalance you should be running Sensei's Divining Top. Also Aura Thief and Enchanted Evening is a great combo in enchantment heavy decks. As is Opalescence and Parallax Wave. Opalescence and Parallax Wave perma exiles opponents creatures. Nice deck all around.
1 month ago
Yo dude, cool take on Tuvasa +1. Enchanted Evening sounds like a no brainer to me, making her lethal on the spot. Rancor could prove be a great addition to. I also have a Tuvasa edh-deck Tuvasa, Hatefull Beatdown and Enchanted Evening works wonders for me every time (it also does filthy things with Aura Thief if you find a way to kill it)
2 months ago
Hey MagicalHacker. Thanks for taking the time and sharing some tips! I actually had a look at your deck in action as one of the sources for inspiration. Great stuff!
Before going over your suggestions, do you have any tips on what to cut :)? Would be nice to also hear your view on what cards you think I shouldn't run.
This is how I currently evaluate the cards you mentioned:
- Animate Dead , Necromancy & Reanimate : I like these cards, but I found the other graveyard recursion cards to be more appealing. I prioritized runing cards that can get me multiple creatures from the grave over one-shot effects. I might get Reanimate back in the list someday just because of the nostalgia factor.
- Aura Thief , Steal Artifact & Steal Enchantment : I don't like that these cards are narrow in application. I prefer to have card with a lot of options over more efficient ones in a control deck like this. Aura thief is really strong, but I am not running ways to get it to the grave reliably (like a sac outlet). That is why I ended u cutting it.
- Control Magic & Dream Leash : Great options if I get some more room for more steal effects. Dream leash is really strong. However, I prefer the other 5-drops I'm running atm, and I want to keep my curve nice and smooth.
- Geth, Lord of the Vault : love this card. However, I ended up cutting it for curve considerations.
- Grave Betrayal & Mind's Dilation : Both cards I like and have been in decks before. However, they are both do-nothing-enchantments for 7 mana. I like the 7-drops I ended up including better (and again, I want to keep a smooth curve).
- Memory Plunder : I don't like this card. It's mana cost is quite prohibitive with all the colored mana and only gets back 1 card. I like Spelltwine better. I might undervalue the fact that it's an instant, but with my playstyle I'm not expecting to hold up 4 mana with this deck.
- Mimic Vat : Fun card, but more at home in an arsticrats-style deck imo. It doesn't have additional synergy with what the deck is doing as I run very few ways to kill creatures.
- Agent of Treachery & Gilded Drake : I already run this duo in my Roon deck, where they are way more busted than in Silumgar. And I prefer to keep my decks distinct if possible.
- Mass Manipulation : Cool card and one I'd like to try out sometime :). Will see if I can acquire one.
- Commandeer : A card I would love to run, but quite pricey, and I haven't gotten around to acquire it yet.
- Pendant of Prosperity : A lovely trinket to steel back. I will give this card some thought :).
Again, thanks for checking out the deck!
GL & HF,
2 months ago
Comparing my Silumgar deck to yours, they are about half or more different (including lands), but I wanted to point out eighteen cards I think you should consider adding, nine of which are already on your maybeboard:
Animate Dead , Aura Thief , Control Magic , Geth, Lord of the Vault , Grave Betrayal , Memory Plunder , Mimic Vat , Mind's Dilation , and Steal Artifact should move into the mainboard from the maybeboard.
Agent of Treachery , Commandeer , Dream Leash , Gilded Drake , Mass Manipulation , Necromancy , Pendant of Prosperity , Reanimate , and Steal Enchantment should skip the maybeboard and go straight to the mainboard.
These are simply my suggestions! If you are unsure of if these cards are as good as I say they are, check out my deck at The Bloodhall Season 1 - Dragonlord Silumgar and you can see how the deck plays in videos in its description.
3 months ago
5 months ago
Much like Enchanted Evening + Cleansing Meditation suggested above, I don't think I'll add Enchanted Evening + Aura Thief . The individual parts don't do a great deal much of the time, and I'm avoiding tutors. Thanks for making me aware of it though, I hadn't encountered Aura Thief .
Any suggestions on what to remove first?
5 months ago
1000% get The Chain Veil first. It upticks the power of this deck to competitive. Though if you're not trying to be cutthroat avoid that card. I've had fun with enchantment based decks playing Enchanted Evening and Aura Thief with a sac outlet to steal everything but that win con is kinda silly. Anyways, solid build hope you enjoy playing her.