|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Conspiracy: Take the Crown (CN2)||Common|
|Scars of Mirrodin (SOM)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Elf Scout
Whenever Copperhorn Scout attacks, untap each other creature you control.
Copperhorn Scout Discussion
2 months ago
Possible Creature Additions and Swap-Outs IN - Elvish Piper
4 months ago
Eladamri, Lord of Leaves can be held in the hand until the moment someone tries to kill your elves, then dropped at instant speed to counter the spell/ability. Note that this shuts off Wirewood Lodge so Temur Sabertooth can be necessary to get him back off the field. Heroic Intervention provides a similar effect for the same cost, but only once (unless you have ewit shenanigans ready).
Elvish Harbinger is one of the best tutors going for elfball decks.
Ezuri, Renegade Leader is another infinite mana outlet that wins games.
Joraga Warcaller can be played early as a minor lord to keep your weenies alives, then bounced and re-played later when you have a surplus of mana.
Loaming Shaman is great grave-hate that can also double up as recursion if you've got the draw engine started.
Nullmage Shepherd will make artifact / enchantment based decks scoop on the spot.
Patron of the Orochi untaps itself every turn along with every other creature you control (but also every green creature and forest at the table).
Realm Seekers often comes down as a huge beater, and tutors up any land at instant speed.
Skyshroud Poacher will win you the game unless it is immediately removed. Best elf tutor ever printed.
5 months ago
Priest of Titania Wood Elves Farhaven Elf Elvish Archdruid Masked Admirers Grave Sifter Soul of the Harvest Thunderfoot Baloth Overwhelming Stampede Grim Flowering Collective Unconscious Praetor's Counsel Sylvan Offering Beastmaster Ascension Marwyn, the Nurturer Dwynen, Gilt-Leaf Daen Arbor Elf Joraga Treespeaker Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip Lifecrafter's Bestiary Fyndhorn Elves Yeva, Nature's Herald Copperhorn Scout Sylvan Ranger Regal Force Cultivator of Blades Skyshroud Poacher Steel Leaf Champion Boreal Druid Rhonas's Monument
5 months ago
Gattison Thanks for the upvote and suggestions!
Copperhorn Scout is an interesting suggestion though her tiny body means she may die after 1 attack if all my opponents got blockers. Maybe I should add a "Kamikaze Squad" to my army of Gunners and Snipers!
5 months ago
Looks pretty tight already. +1! I love "pinging" decks. =D
And maybe Copperhorn Scout ?
6 months ago
$20ish Budget way to make Yisan very fast:
Add in Arbor Elf , Fyndhorn Elves , Wirewood Symbiote , Seeker of Skybreak , Temur Sabertooth , Priest of Titania , Elvish Archdruid , Boreal Druid , Devoted Druid , Great Oak Guardian , Autumn's Veil , Nature's Claim , Natural State , Caustic Caterpillar , Reclamation Sage , Desert Twister , Copperhorn Scout , Wood Elves , Somberwald Stag , Manglehorn , Marwyn, the Nurturer , Rishkar, Peema Renegade , Leaf Gilder , Heart Warden , Fyndhorn Elder
Drop out Taunting Elf , Verdant Force , Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger , Wild Beastmaster , Worldspine Wurm , Pathbreaker Ibex , Mycoloth , Kamahl, Fist of Krosa , Gyre Sage , Giant Adephage , Elvish Piper , Cultivator of Blades , Bramble Elemental , Avenger of Zendikar , Tooth and Nail , See the Unwritten , Triumph of the Hordes , Overrun , Overwhelming Stampede , Overrun , Genesis Wave , Explosive Vegetation , Zendikar Resurgent , Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip, Umbral Mantle , Lifecrafter's Bestiary
Total of 26 swaps.
The switches lists speed the deck up and make it win through an easy and efficient combo, all fetchable by Yisan. The combo uses Great Oak Guardian , Temur Sabertooth , and Wirewood Symbiote . With these and enough mana producing creatures, you get infinitely large creatures or with 1 more mana, infinitely large creatures and infinite mana, and untaps which can be put into Yisan to fetch Caterhoof and give the team trample.
All together, the deck will also run enough early-game interaction like Caustic Caterpillar , Manglehorn , Reclamation Sage , Natural State , Nature's Claim , the already run Lignify and Acidic Slime , and catch-alls like Desert Twister and Yisan fetchables like Somberwald Stag .
How does this sound?
7 months ago
I was Able to win the last FNM of the year with her in a F4A "end of the year" battle... (20 ish people)
(Playmat + boosters (price support) = I gave them to the "newer" players! Not because I care but because I came for First Place or to learn more of my mistakes as to why I didn't get there and how to improve myself!!!.)
Present commanders on my tables;
- Table 1 : General Tazri(foodchain) + Omnath, Locus of Mana(Infect+otherInfinite stuff) + Athreos, God of Passage (Slower stuff like felidar, sanguine bond equisite = newer player i suppose unsure though)
- Table 2 : Grenzo, Dungeon Warden(Doomsday) + Yidris, Maelstrom Wielder(Stormfluxervoir) + Oloro, Ageless Ascetic (Stax)
(Made everyone draw due to 2 oppressive locks with humility and specific storm hate, but reminder!!! ---> our pod consisted of all the players that won their last pods so it resulted in everyone getting dragged down a bit in score! everyone becomes simultaneously second... Too Many Resets and Rebuilds + slow play storm player!)
- Table 3 : Hokori, Dust Drinker(Stax) + Vial Smasher the Fierce(Stax,discard,removal) + Purphoros, God of the Forge(Burn/Stax)
(Managed to live a lot longer thanks to the other Hokori while a blood moon was out and got ignored for a short while! Discard deck had a "the rack" kind of playstyle and hurt the other players a lot as well... ended up 1v1 with Derevi and we all know how broken that is if left unchecked!)
Every Single card that was added recently saw play or got in my hand at some point and regarding most useless (even though explosive rarely) titania is redundant to what this deck tries to do, in this meta many two drops needing to be Stax is far more important and more likely to not lose you games!
8 months ago
@ShaperSavant Nice one^^,
In short: I never said I invented the concept of Derevi Stax but you wouldn't know that because you never even looked at the primer properly but that's okay I know it's better than the kids' copy primer!...
- "Derevi is not a tier 1 strategy, so the title of your list would be misleading to players."
It's one of the better Stax decks out there together with blood pod and such. So in a sense, it's above all the other Stax decks even though Tiers are a mere illusion in this dataless CEDH world... and without that Data, you can only get to what you've done with your list and that's fine!!!
Also, I don't see tier 1 in the title anywhere so?
京 An illusion? What are you hiding? (CEDH-STAX) 京
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 121 | 69 COMMENTS | 21359 VIEWS | IN 62 FOLDERS
- "Sol Ring, Wild Growth, Priest of Titania: multi-mana sources that have a strong Derevi synergy; their non-inclusion borders on incorrectness."
You're joking, right? These aren't necessary at all and have cute interactions sure but aren't fully game-breaking auto-inclusions for what this deck tries to do at all so let me correct you on that (doesn't border on incorrectness but rather borders on consistency with other aspects ;) ) ...
- Counters/interaction at CMC 1 or less ...I can 50/50 agree on some of the counters and interactions but 70% of the time you won't be able to play them either because of certain Staxy cards this deck might use don't you think?... Anyhow yes, they can be of use sometimes but I don't agree the deck suffers without them all the time...
- Bountiful Promenade (I Still strongly disagree that lands like these are better than pain lands as the condition of you dying from a Painland is far less likely than ending up in a 1v1 with Derevi after a while... Both are equally ridiculous scenarios yet I still favor pain above bond... (Horizon Canopy is on the want list as I said 3 times already so yeah thanks for reading that as well!)
- Caustic Caterpillar, Again, I'm sure it has some uses with The Chain Veil, Aetherflux Reservoir, and Paradox Engine as they won't want to play into it... but you can't have that 2 Mana open 24/7 either and still is a 1 for 1... not convinced by the card...
- Mirri, Weatherlight Duelist, We have a lot of Selvala, Heart of the Wilds's and Yisan, the Wanderer Bard's here and there and other Stax decks (+ many more) that run creatures combo like Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker and others too. I don't see how you can claim it's casual as you have no clue what my few different meta plays... and I do have an entire sideboard if I go to other stores or know that the league I play in is filled with a certain playstyle... but yeah you definitely read my primer (press X to doubt)! Mirri is still a flex card with the amount of creature combo that might be out there...
- Meekstone, Again I play in a huge league and people from all kinds of backgrounds with different playstyles join and try stuff so I am versatile and consistent (even with winning)... So if in a Multiplayer game or 2 headed giant game someone is a bit less invested into top-end Cedh and runs something than can bash trough (for example at the start of the pairings you might meet these decks as the first round is randomized) this still is handy regardless of the perfect world were your playing against only competitive EDH decks which do not always appear 100% on a tournament point of view as that is unpredictable, and it's plain stupid to claim a card makes the entire meta I play in casual... more than 100 people joined the league so far... Eventually, you face off against something you wouldn't expect... At the end you most of the time have a table filled with Cedh players going for first place and a table filled with the lower power decks and casuals as they never play as consistent... (Time limit we use is the same as any other official FNM or tournament so jank that would last dozens of hours isn't seen as much either, and when time is called you only get a 4-5 [don't remember exactly] turns starting at active player until someone ends it or they draw scoring last place of the pod with everyone who had a draw as well...)
- Selvala, Explorer Returned, (I was testing her for a long while and I mostly test cards for a month or two before I decide to keep or ship, though I removed her before you even replied so????)
- Gaddock Teeg casual? The Chain Veil CMC? Ad Nauseam CMC? Aetherflux Reservoir CMC? Paradox Engine CMC? and many more at 4 or more xD... come again? (Also in the league i mentioned earlier it does it's job as it is a very versatile card!)
Seems like you don't know how this deck really works, apart from the "shaman" these cards create soft locks and aren't at all slow... soft locks become hard locks... having a variety of these creates consistency and bodies for Derevi triggers.
As it stands, I do not wish to be added if a condescending view is given upon a deck without first of all even looking at the primer and claiming 12 pages long (yes you didn't read it) isn't as good as the two blocks of text the other kids copypasta has... Secondly claiming things you have no idea about and calling things casual is pretty low and wrong if you don't know how Derevi Stax works that is okay, just don't claim things you are unsure about again!!! (this makes me respect you less as a person who decides what goes on the list though as it is purely biased based of what you say and like more in your unknown meta) ...
Even though I feel like showing only the one deck isn't the way to show people the true potential or ideas that might be out there if I may add that! As I like the variety you offer with Thrasios and Tymna for example... Although a lot of different meta exist which you don't seem to grasp at all yet for Stax that is... so again some meta might see more of this or that but on a league that's a season long were I made the top 3 last season with 2 fewer tournaments played than the first 2 I 'de say my consistency is huge...
(Weekly MP, 2HG and yes 1v1 is in it too and I play the Marchesa list on my tapped out but that's still only 1/3 of the way while more than 100 people joined and around 20-30 ish were consistently fighting for the top) (1v1 Uses MTGO 1v1 ban list and before that the duel so yea Derevi is banned there for good reason!)
Anyhow, I might test some of these cards, definitely not all of them that's for sure! but this deck is forever under construction and always worked on + added primer parts show up more consistently than Sigi updates any of his decks' xD... I'd say it surely gives a good viewpoint with it's added sideboard in the description on which ways you can go or want to go be it Cedh or just something high power but not casual at all...
Copperhorn Scout occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%