|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Conspiracy: Take the Crown (CN2)||Common|
|Scars of Mirrodin (SOM)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Elf Scout
Whenever Copperhorn Scout attacks, untap each other creature you control.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Copperhorn Scout Discussion
1 day ago
@ShaperSavant Nice one^^,
In short: I never said I invented the concept of Derevi Stax but you wouldn't know that because you never even looked at the primer properly but that's okay I know it's better than the kids' copy primer!...
- "Derevi is not a tier 1 strategy, so the title of your list would be misleading to players."
It's one of the better Stax decks out there together with blood pod and such. So in a sense, it's above all the other Stax decks even though Tiers are a mere illusion in this dataless CEDH world... and without that Data, you can only get to what you've done with your list and that's fine!!!
Also, I don't see tier 1 in the title anywhere so?
京 An illusion? What are you hiding? (CEDH-STAX) 京
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 121 | 69 COMMENTS | 21359 VIEWS | IN 62 FOLDERS
- "Sol Ring, Wild Growth, Priest of Titania: multi-mana sources that have a strong Derevi synergy; their non-inclusion borders on incorrectness."
You're joking, right? These aren't necessary at all and have cute interactions sure but aren't fully game-breaking auto-inclusions for what this deck tries to do at all so let me correct you on that (doesn't border on incorrectness but rather borders on consistency with other aspects ;) ) ...
- Counters/interaction at CMC 1 or less ...I can 50/50 agree on some of the counters and interactions but 70% of the time you won't be able to play them either because of certain Staxy cards this deck might use don't you think?... Anyhow yes, they can be of use sometimes but I don't agree the deck suffers without them all the time...
- Bountiful Promenade (I Still strongly disagree that lands like these are better than pain lands as the condition of you dying from a Painland is far less likely than ending up in a 1v1 with Derevi after a while... Both are equally ridiculous scenarios yet I still favor pain above bond... (Horizon Canopy is on the want list as I said 3 times already so yeah thanks for reading that as well!)
- Caustic Caterpillar, Again, I'm sure it has some uses with The Chain Veil, Aetherflux Reservoir, and Paradox Engine as they won't want to play into it... but you can't have that 2 Mana open 24/7 either and still is a 1 for 1... not convinced by the card...
- Mirri, Weatherlight Duelist, We have a lot of Selvala, Heart of the Wilds's and Yisan, the Wanderer Bard's here and there and other Stax decks (+ many more) that run creatures combo like Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker and others too. I don't see how you can claim it's casual as you have no clue what my few different meta plays... and I do have an entire sideboard if I go to other stores or know that the league I play in is filled with a certain playstyle... but yeah you definitely read my primer (press X to doubt)! Mirri is still a flex card with the amount of creature combo that might be out there...
- Meekstone, Again I play in a huge league and people from all kinds of backgrounds with different playstyles join and try stuff so I am versatile and consistent (even with winning)... So if in a Multiplayer game or 2 headed giant game someone is a bit less invested into top-end Cedh and runs something than can bash trough (for example at the start of the pairings you might meet these decks as the first round is randomized) this still is handy regardless of the perfect world were your playing against only competitive EDH decks which do not always appear 100% on a tournament point of view as that is unpredictable, and it's plain stupid to claim a card makes the entire meta I play in casual... more than 100 people joined the league so far... Eventually, you face off against something you wouldn't expect... At the end you most of the time have a table filled with Cedh players going for first place and a table filled with the lower power decks and casuals as they never play as consistent... (Time limit we use is the same as any other official FNM or tournament so jank that would last dozens of hours isn't seen as much either, and when time is called you only get a 4-5 [don't remember exactly] turns starting at active player until someone ends it or they draw scoring last place of the pod with everyone who had a draw as well...)
- Selvala, Explorer Returned, (I was testing her for a long while and I mostly test cards for a month or two before I decide to keep or ship, though I removed her before you even replied so????)
- Gaddock Teeg casual? The Chain Veil CMC? Ad Nauseam CMC? Aetherflux Reservoir CMC? Paradox Engine CMC? and many more at 4 or more xD... come again? (Also in the league i mentioned earlier it does it's job as it is a very versatile card!)
Seems like you don't know how this deck really works, apart from the "shaman" these cards create soft locks and aren't at all slow... soft locks become hard locks... having a variety of these creates consistency and bodies for Derevi triggers.
As it stands, I do not wish to be added if a condescending view is given upon a deck without first of all even looking at the primer and claiming 12 pages long (yes you didn't read it) isn't as good as the two blocks of text the other kids copypasta has... Secondly claiming things you have no idea about and calling things casual is pretty low and wrong if you don't know how Derevi Stax works that is okay, just don't claim things you are unsure about again!!! (this makes me respect you less as a person who decides what goes on the list though as it is purely biased based of what you say and like more in your unknown meta) ...
Even though I feel like showing only the one deck isn't the way to show people the true potential or ideas that might be out there if I may add that! As I like the variety you offer with Thrasios and Tymna for example... Although a lot of different meta exist which you don't seem to grasp at all yet for Stax that is... so again some meta might see more of this or that but on a league that's a season long were I made the top 3 last season with 2 fewer tournaments played than the first 2 I 'de say my consistency is huge...
(Weekly MP, 2HG and yes 1v1 is in it too and I play the Marchesa list on my tapped out but that's still only 1/3 of the way while more than 100 people joined and around 20-30 ish were consistently fighting for the top) (1v1 Uses MTGO 1v1 ban list and before that the duel so yea Derevi is banned there for good reason!)
Anyhow, I might test some of these cards, definitely not all of them that's for sure! but this deck is forever under construction and always worked on + added primer parts show up more consistently than Sigi updates any of his decks' xD... I'd say it surely gives a good viewpoint with it's added sideboard in the description on which ways you can go or want to go be it Cedh or just something high power but not casual at all...
1 month ago
Constant Mists and Moment's Peace are great effects for protecting you from attack. Arachnogenesis is an all star. Cards like Dread, Vigor, and Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs give a pseudo-fog effect because nobody wants to attack into them.
1 month ago
2 months ago
Great deck! Followed most of your list and it's really explosive at times. Some considerations: Woodland Bellower over Soul of the Harvest for tutoring big mana elves for combo, Harvest needs nontoken creatures to enter the field to draw and it's no gurantee. Copperhorn Scout over Helix Pinnacle for an extra elf and to untap mana elves on the 2nd phase to cast more stuff. Seedborn Muse over Alpha Status for untap effects especially with Ezuri out to regenerate. Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip for extra Cradle. Arch of Orazca over Reliquary Tower, with a lot of mana elves there's a good chance there will no more cards to cast.
2 months ago
Given our convo regarding the focus of this deck being 'All the Tokens', this may be a long write-up. I'll try to break it up. This comment will look at creatures.
The great: Armada Wurm, Hornet Queen, Jazal Goldmane, Mycoloth, Seedborn Muse, Shanna, Sisay's Legacy, Tendershoot Dryad, Wilt-Leaf Liege, Wolfbriar Elemental. Each of these support your strategy directly and have early & late game presence.
The Bad: Archon of Valor's Reach doesn't fit with the strat and feels like a 'win-more' or 'lockout' card, Emmara Tandris insulating tokens (the one thing you can make endless amounts of anyway) from damage doesn't seem like it's worth 7 mana/a whole turn to do, Kazandu Tuskcaller is a 1/1 you need to sink 6 mana into before you can get a single 3/3 per turn, Yeva, Nature's Herald only has relevance early game and she doesn't really fit with tokens.
The Ugly: Copperhorn Scout is a very fragile '1-turn' kind of creature and there are better/more efficient ways to accomplish this like Brave the Sands for example, Elvish Mystic & Fyndhorn Elves & Llanowar Elves having ramp on creatures like these is simply not the way you want to ramp.
The only ones left I believe ate your 2 Soul Wardens. They could/will/do gain a bunch of life, so if that is important then keep them.
3 months ago
Curse of Bounty
4 months ago
Some recommendations that jump out at me are
5 months ago
Ich würde folgendes ersetzen: