|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Elves vs. Inventors (DDU)||None|
|Magic Origins (ORI)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Elf Warrior
When Dwynen's Elite enters the battlefield, if you control another Elf, create a 1/1 green Elf Warrior creature token.
Dwynen's Elite Discussion
1 month ago
Depending on your budget, there are a few expensive cards that would make the deck a lot better; namely Cavern , Palace , the other 3 Companies (that is arguably the best card in the deck), that's all I can think of off the top of my head in terms of expensive cards.
You'll also want to complete some playsets to make the deck more consistent, creatures like Heritage Druid , Dwynen's Elite and Elvish Clancaller are (in my considerable experience with Elves) definite 4-ofs. Heritage Druid enables your most busted starts, Dwynen's Elite helps a lot in the grindy matchups, almost always being a 2-for-1, and Elvish Clancaller helps our little green men to stand up to the big scary creatures in modern.
Scavenging Ooze is an honorary elf, helping a lot against graveyard based decks, as well as the grindier ones that kill our guys.
Your sideboard choices don't seem optimal, there are a few cards that are just bad in modern (looking at you, Nylea's Presence and Overrun ) and some others that are just not ideal for elves ( Grafdigger's Cage non-bo with Company , for example).
Things like Beast Whisperer haven't impressed me, as it's only really useful when you're ahead and have cards in hand, once you've had your hand ripped apart or board wiped, you're likely to just be casting a 4 mana 2/3, which is embarrassingly bad by modern's standards. There are a few others that seem odd to me as well.
Take a look at this to see my preferred build and card choices
2 months ago
I don't think Marwyn gets the credit she deserves. What's also nice is that the deck has multiple different ways to keep going without Marwyn. A couple suggestions:
Dwynen's Elite : cheap multiple elves to pump Marwyn quickly. Not needed but is pure value for 2 CMC. You get two 1/1 elves and Marwyn gets two +1/+1 counters. Also works well for bouncing back to your hand.
With infinite Mana:
Assault Formation : seems like a very odd inclusion. However, with the infinite or near infinite amounts of mana produced it becomes an insane pump spell for all our elves.
- Tap the Big Mana Tap Elf for big mana.
- Use Symbiote to untap the Big Mana Tap Elf and bounce the Random Elf.
- Tap the Big Mana Tap Elf for big mana again.
- Use Temur to bounce the Symbiote to your hand.
- Recast the Random Elf and the Symbiote then rinse and repeat.
If you want any more ideas you can look at my deck here: Nature AND Nurture with Marwyn
4 months ago
7 months ago
PlatinumOne i've got a mono green elves. My deck list is this: creatures:
Lands: 20x Forest
I know it's a budget list but i'm basically new to magic...
8 months ago
I do not think the shroud would often matter, and going wider makes the Clancaller, Archdruids, and Command better.
While it doesn't work perfectly with Bloodbraid or rhythm, those are the only cards that work with the hushblade in this list.
9 months ago
Intriguing! Just want to ask a few questions about the enchantments ( Faces of the Past , Intruder Alarm ) since I'm not sure I completely grasp 100% how it elfball infinites. I think only Thornbite Staff completely works 100% of the time since it doesn't discriminate and doesn't care what type of creature dies, only if something does die; Vannifar's ability doesn't matter and we can do whatever we want, including a Lab Man win if Pod 2 is Elvish Visionary and Pod 4 is Symbiotic Elf . My understanding is:
- Faces of the Past : works until the second round of Pods, then you Pod Elvish Soultiller to reset the Elves like normal, untap Vannifar... but then what? If you were to pod Woodland Bellower (which came as a result of Podding the Soultiller), you wouldn't untap Vannifar since she isn't a Beast, and you wouldn't be able to find anything since there is no CMC 7 cost things here. How would the combo continue?
(I thought about it for a while when I was writing this and there is indeed an infinite as long as the Pod 2 is ALWAYS Dwynen's Elite as the Elf token can be sacrificed after Soultiller to restart the chain, then ending with a Pod into Caller of the Claw for infinite Beasts, but we need Concordant Crossroads out to win right then and there and lose to Cyclonic Rift , Propaganda and friends, etc... thoughts?)
- Intruder Alarm : Same logic; works until the second round of Pods, you Pod the Soultiller and reset the Elves, but since there is no other 6 cmc creature here, nothing would ETB and untap Vannifar. Aside from manually summoning a creature (ramp from Wood Elves as the Pod 3 in the chain is good) or using one of the untap abilities from stuff like Quirion Ranger and Kiora's Follower etc, is there a way to make the combo self sustaining with Intruder Alarm ?
If I'm also missing something here please let me know!
10 months ago
Sure! It's easier with Metamorph as you don't have to make blue initially.
We will start from Floating, Hacked Momir Triggers on the stack.
1DE is a shorthand for any 1 cmc elf.
- Trigger finds Heritage Druid, cast it, floating
- Trigger finds Nettle Sentinel (NS from here on out) cast it
- Trigger finds 1DE,
- Tap Momir, Heritage Druid and NS for . Cast 1DE
- Trigger Untaps NS, Trigger finds 1DE. Floating
- Cast 1DE
- Trigger Untaps NS, Trigger finds 1DE. Floating
- Tap 2x 1DE and NS for . Cast 1DE. Floating.
- Trigger Finds Devoted Druid (DD), untap NS
- Cast DD, Floating
- Trigger finds Kujar Seedsculptor, untaps NS.
- Tap DD, 1DE and NS for . Cast Seedsculptor. floating
- Trigger untaps NS, trigger finds Temur Sabertooth (TS), trigger puts a +1/+1 counter on DD.
- Untap DD, then tap DD, NS and Seedsculptor for . Cast TS. Floating
- Trigger finds 1DE, untaps NS.
- Cast 1DE
- Trigger finds Dwynen's Elite
- Untap DD, tap NS, 1DE and DD for , cast Dwynen's Elite. floating
- Trigger untaps NS, finds 1DE, and creates a 1/1 token.
- Tap NS, Elite and Token for , cast 1DE, floating.
- Trigger untaps NS, finds Phyrexian Metamorph.
- Cast Metamorph, paying 2 life. Enters as a copy of NS.
- Tap 2x NS and 1DE for . Activate TS, returning 1DE floating
- Cast 1DE
- Trigger untaps 2 NS, finds Elvish Archdruid
- Tap 1DE and 2 NS for , cast Archdruid.
- Trigger finds Lotus Cobra, untaps 2 NS
- Untap DD, Tap 2x NS and DD for , cast Cobra. floating
- Trigger untaps 2x NS, finds Sylvan Ranger.
- Tap Archdruid and 2x NS for , cast Sylvan Ranger. floating
- Trigger Finds Elvish Pioneer, untaps 2x NS and finds a land.
- Tap 2x NS and Ranger for . Cast Pioneer. Floating
- Trigger finds Phantasmal Image, untaps 2x NS, and puts a land into play, creating off the cobra
- Cast Phantasmal Image, tapping Pioneer and 2x NS for . floating.
- PS Copies NS
- Activate TS, returning a 1DE. Floating
- Cast that 1DE. Floating
- Trigger untaps 3x NS (don't need to find anything)
- Tap 3x NS for
- Repeat Steps 36-38 with 2 more 1DEs.
- Tap your 3 1DEs for
- Repeat steps 36-41 to float infinite .
- Use a trigger to find Verdant Eidolon, and one to find Slippery Bogle
- Play Eidolon
- Sac Eidolon for .
- Play Bogle.
- Trigger returns Eidolon to hand
- Activate TS to return Bogle to hand.
- Repeat steps 44-48 to make infinite
- Use a trigger to find your win condition (e.g. Venser, Shaper Savant, Laboratory Maniac + Beast Whisperer, Sage's Row Denizen etc.)
I tried to keep the number of unnamed 1DEs to a minimum here, but you can always run more and skip the shenanigans with Devoted Druid and Seedsculptor or whatever.
The reason only a couple floating mana makes this a lot easier is that you use 2 1DEs to net a single initially, and then you need the mana to cast a Temur Sabertooth so you can keep going after getting your second Nettle Sentinel. Each extra mana reduces the chain by 2 1DEs and an extra lets you use Phantasmal Image over Metamorph to save even more mana.
11 months ago
well I would first of all up the number of lands to between 16-20. If you have Heritage Druid you should definitely use it. Here's what I would do: 4x Elvish Mystic 4x Llanowar Elves 4x Elvish Archdruid 4x Elvish Visionary or Dwynen's Elite 4x Imperious Perfect 2x Ezuri, Renegade Leader 3x Heritage Druid 4x Joraga Warcaller 2x Joraga Treespeaker 3x Beast Whisperer 4x Genesis Wave 4x Triumph of the Hordes 14x Forest 4x Rootbound Crag
Dwynen's Elite occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.11%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%