Mirrorpool enters the battlefield tapped.
: Add to your mana pool.
, , Sacrifice Mirrorpool: Copy target instant or sorcery spell you control. You may choose new targets for the copy.
, , Sacrifice Mirrorpool: Put a token onto the battlefield that's a copy of target creature you control.
Printings View all
|Oath of the Gatewatch (OGW)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Mirrorpool occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%
- Is Mirror Pool after Rebound upkeep possible?
- How do Mirrorpool and Mutavault interact?
- Will using Mirrorpool to copy Titania, Protector of Argoth allow me to put Mirrorpool back on the battlefield with Titania's triggered ability?
- Mirrorpool + Kozilek's Return
- The Great Aurora & Mirrorpool Interaction
1 week ago
These might interest you too: Lotus Petal, Salvaging Station, Lion's Eye Diamond (infinite mana with Salvaging Station and Karn), Dross Scorpion, Cauldron of Souls, Scrapyard Recombiner (finds all kinds of dudes including Metalworker and Voltaic Construct (thanks errata!)), Meteor Golem, Scour from Existence, Null Brooch, Warping Wail (surprisingly versatile. at worst it can be used as a delayed ritual to get Karn out a turn sooner), Empowered Autogenerator, Umbral Mantle, Mirrorpool, Endbringer
2 weeks ago
Looks good! You might like these: Dross Scorpion, Mikaeus, the Unhallowed, Lifeline, Nim Deathmantle, Black Market, Pitiless Plunderer, Carnival of Souls, Urza's Incubator, Jet Medallion, Honor-Worn Shaku, Blood Celebrant (for use with Krrik), Mirrorpool, Archfiend of Despair, Wound Reflection, Necropotence, Minion Reflector
1 month ago
Duplicating Koko is awesome too. Blade of Selves is hilarious. It is my favorite card in the format, and was actually the inspiration for making the deck. Does very well on Kokusho, Gary, or Disciple.
Mirror of the Forebears is awesome too. According to EDHREC I'm the only one with it ina kokusho deck. Since there are no other dragons you name Spirit (this came in handy once when I was able to make a second Crypt Ghast and made a ton of mana.)
It ends up being a terrific sac outlet. I bring Kokusho back from the grave, then activate Mirror to kill Kokusho, then attack with Mirror, then Reanimate Kokusho again, and he dies instantly... it's a sac outlet for the entire rest of the turn.
Mirage Mirror is also a great card. Very versatile. I will often double activate it, making it become Kokusho, but before that resolves I activate it again making it into a Cabal Coffers, then tap it, then let it become Kokusho.
Mimic Vat has been really fun too. And... I think those are all my ways to duplicate Koko.
Oh yeah, also Mirrorpool which is spendy to activate but had saved the game for me when i had no sac outlet.
2 months ago
Heliogabale: Thanks for the comment! Wall of Kelp was in the wheelhouse but I decided to initially exclude it because of price concerns. Now that the deck has shifted away from a tiny budget, I've considered adding it. The tokens definitely fit the theme, but I don't feel that the price is worth what I'm getting, especially since the deck is shifting to better and better cards. Haunted Angel is super cool! I'll definitely add it to the roster of cards I want to try, if only there were more space am I right? Looks at land count menacingly Jiang Yanggu is an amazing suggestion, when I first saw your comment I looked inside myself and cursed my soul for I had not thought of him. Another on the roster! Rapid Hybridization is a good idea, but I don't want my opponents to get the weird tokens, I want them all to myself. Finally, since the day it was released, I've had Nadir Kraken in my Card Kingdom cart, and I can't wait for its release!!!
Lanzo493: Both lands would be pretty solid, but I think Khalni Garden is too common because who hasn't faced Avenger of Zendikar before right? Mirrorpool is a super interesting card and I have wanted to find a home for it for a while, but I think it's more suited to a Brudiclad deck, which I'm really trying to stop this from becoming. However, your suggestions did bring to mind Kher Keep , which makes the weirdest little kobold tokens, so I'll definitely be adding that to the roster.
Suns_Champion: Thanks for the suggestion! He's been in my Card Kingdom shopping cart since he was spoiled, just waiting until the whole set is spoiled to order him!
2 months ago
There are a lot of great lands that make tokens. You already have several, and most token producing lands are colorless, so I'll just suggest some good ones. Khalni Garden makes a token and taps for a color. Also, Mirrorpool . That will make the most unique tokens possible.
3 months ago
As always, Thank you for the input.
- Castle Garenbrig / Mirrorpool - both of these have been on my radar and I just haven't had a chance to test either one.
- Mouth of Ronom - I've never been sold on this card. When it comes down to it, I dont have a reason for not liking it; I just don't. Since I've added in Kenrith's Transformation and Song of the Dryads per your suggestion, I'm gonna see how those play out before adding further removal.
- Ancient Tomb - I hesitate to add this for the same reason I don't add sol ring to the deck. Early game, both are fantastic and put you way ahead of the curve. After that though, I feel green mana becomes way more important to the deck due to needing it to make lands into creatures and the 3 green mana requirement per overrun activation. I also have a preference to my non green generating lands to be utility lands of some sort. If I ever get a copy though. I'll play around with it in the deck and see how it plays out.
- Strip Mine - this and Wasteland will more than likely make it into the deck at some point, but I'm waiting until I can get my hands on the expedition foils for both. Lol
3 months ago
I'm back with some more ideas!
Castle Garenbrig - Ramp, cut a forest
Mouth of Ronom + Snow covered forests - Removal that gets rid of most commanders, specifically Linvala.
Mirrorpool - Not entirely sold on it, but there is DEFINITELY potential. Copy an E-wit, tooth and nail (when you choose to run it down the road), avenger, woodfall, regal, regrowth, finale, selvala's stampeede, shamanic as well as many others.
Ancient Tomb - Ramp
Strip Mine - Just in case?
3 months ago
Well, for 4, you can protect your commander at instant speed at any time due to the second ability of Mirrorpool , and have the copy of Titania bring back the Mirrorpool. This means that Mirrorpool is a one card combo with Titania that protects her and makes tokens. With infinite mana, you could even win the gane by generating infinite tokens on someone's endstep.
I'd take out Terramorphic Expanse .
I really suggest adding Mirrorpool cos you can dig for it with Expedition Map , and its also hard for your opponents to get rid of since everything is instant speed. Good luck.