|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Tap: Add (1) to your mana pool.
Tap, Sacrifice Petrified Field: Return target land card from your graveyard to your hand.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (3)||CastleSiege , Va1mar , mymanpotsandpans|
|Want (24)||jeanbern , Heavyjaw , DrBonzo , xkyle813x , Wrathulfer , shrimpandwalrus , Jpegwun , CoryDean , agardels , Orbrunner , trotz , Jokulmorder1 , Alec , CDNC , Jspeed , WarIsHats , HUFFDADDY , cwidje , kovellen , Geerie , Kronos_EXE , darbodeluxe , CryAll , CastleSiege|
Petrified Field Discussion
5 days ago
Nice deck! Brings me back to my early days of magic where everyone seemed to run mono green decks :D.
I browsed your list and here are some thoughts I had. Maybe there are some that are useful to you:
- Consider running Crop Rotation or Pir's Whim instead of Sylvan Scrying. Those cards have way more applications.
- You run Cultivate and Nissa’s Pilgrimage, but not Kodama's Reach? I guess I would play that over Lotus Cobra in this list as you don’t run that many ways to get more lands into play to make the Cobra shine.
- Also, Green Sun’s Zenith is synonymous with Dryad Arbor. Turning the Zenith into ramp for 1 mana. Easy include imo.
- I counted about 8 cards that draw you cards. I always prefer to run a bit more. You could consider Harmonize, Elemental Bond or Zendikar Resurgent
- With so many forests I expected to see Extraplanar Lens or something, but I could not find a card that would benefit from so many. This means you have a lot of room for improving your deck by including more utility lands. I’m thinking Scavenger Grounds, Strip Mine, Homeward Path, Tranquil Thicket, Blighted Woodland, Mosswort Bridge, Petrified Field etc. These can give you an additional edge if added in the right balance.
Hope there is something there that fits your vision for the deck!
GL & HF,
5 days ago
Alright, here goes:
- Cavern of Souls/Yavimaya Hollow - I'm getting them eventually, the foils are expensive, especially the hollow, and I've had other deck projects I've been working on.
- Hall of the Bandit Lord - it's an interesting card, and I may have to test it out.
- Miren, the Moaning Well - I already plan on getting one.
- Petrified Field - not sure on this, I just added in Ramunap Excavator and have a few other recursion tools to get back important lands.
- Tempt with Discovery - I really like this card. And I know it can get me any land. Problem is. My friends know this deck and not a single one of them will take the bait for me to get extra lands, so i think I'd rather go with your suggestion of Crop Rotation instead.
- Elemental Bond - not a fan, only because at least with packleader, it's an off rive threat on top of draw engine. But you're right, he us the weakest of my draw engines and I think Greater Good will work out, really well.
- Dryad Arbor - this card has been in my mind since I first created the deck and I both like it and hate it. I like the fact it's a 0 cost creature and a land. But at the same time. It takes my land play for the turn, and I can't tap it for mana since it has summoning sickness. So I don't know if I'll ever add it or not, but maybe I'll try it soon.
- Shamanic Revelation - I really like this card, and it'll find a home once I figure out what to take out.
- Beastmaster Ascension - great card, but not needed in this deck. I already have several backups for Kamahl in case he gets locked down, and they all add trample on top of buffing my creatures.
- Wolfbriar Elemental/Ant Queen - token production in this deck has always been passive, i.e. landfall, planeswalker, etc; it helps the deck, but it's not a focus and I don't want creatures that require lots of mana to generate tokens.
- Realms Uncharted - really just not a fan of this card, I can see it's potential. But I really just don't like it.
- Rude Awakening/Early Harvest/Magus of the Candelabra - I like being able to untap my lands. But since I'm adding in Staff of Domination, I don't think I'll need it. As I'll have several ways to infinite mana now, but you never know. I'm gonna keep these in mind just in case.
- Birthing Pod - this a great card, but my deck isn't set up to maximize how it works.
- Vernal Bloom - this affects all forests, and I hate group hug cards. Concordant Crossroads is an exception because I only play it when I cast a big genesis wave so I can win that turn.
6 days ago
All I can see when I look at your name is Kakarot (Goku from DBZ). Anways, since you're running mono green, your mana base could use some utility in there. I understand you need green mana for your commander's ability but some utility is key.
Cavern of Souls - 30% of your deck is creatures and you run boseju but not this?
Hall of the Bandit Lord - Haste outlet that doesnt help your opponents or take a slot in the deck. Worth considering.
Miren, the Moaning Well - Used to prevent them from stealing your commander or exiling important creatures. Life gain is always nice too :)
Petrified Field - Getting back cradle or utility land
Yavimaya Hollow - Regen your commander? Yes please! Also a RL card so good investment.
Tempt with Discovery - Gets cradle untapped (very underated card). Add it.
Crop Rotation - Helps lower your curve, find's cradle, could replace concordant crossroad at the 1 CMC slot (if you choose to add in hall of the bandit lord). Slyvan scrying is your only way to find cradle which seems to be a focal point of your deck.
Elemental Bond - Could replace Garruk packleader. While it isn't a creature to fuel cradle, it is less prone to creature removal. Then again, you say your meta has a lot of artifact enchantment removal, so it depends. Also, it only interacts with 13 creatures. At that point, you might just want to add Greater Good. Nets card advantage, acts as a sac outlet. ADD IT
Dryad Arbor - Fuels cradle and interacts with Green Sun Zenith for X = 0.
Shamanic Revelation - If you aren't taking out pack leader for elemental bond, at least take it out for this. Synergy with your token generation from your commander and avenger.
Beastmaster Ascension - EH, maybe add it. Can make your dudes huge.
You can also take this deck to a more token based strategy which is based on finding cradle and fueling it through tokens. Should you choose to do so, I would add the following...
Wolfbriar Elemental - Wolves!!!
Ant Queen - Steady token generator
Realms Uncharted - Helps you find utility lands. If you choose to add fetchlands in the deck's future, then this choose then as well. Might also want to add a crucible to provide redundancy, but thats for later.
Rude Awakening - Add it, trust me. Super ritual with built in win con
Early Harvest - Weaker version of above
Magus of the Candelabra - To untap utility lands and cheap cradle fuel
Birthing Pod - While i've never completely understood the power of this card, but you'r creature curve looks really good and you might want to consider this as an additional creature tutor to ensure consistency.
Why no vernal bloom?
I honestly didn't even mean to comment this much but your deck seems really interesting. I look forward to reviewing your thought process on these potential additions. Cheers!
1 month ago
@cicely24: Grave Betrayal is a super cool card, great art and powerful ability but 7 is a very high cost for a card that usually gets cast and then destroyed before any value. There are a few ways to recur it in this deck but a creature would be much easier to abuse in the deck. If you really like the card then use it but in my opinion the are better choices. Another card that is amazing with Realms Uncharted is Petrified Field. I'm not sure if I'm going to put it in because I don't want too much colorless mana but I might test it out.
2 months ago
@clonalselection - Thanks for the suggestion! I think Petrified Field is definitely something that I'll consider. Admittedly, the more non-basic lands I add, the less effective Terrain Generator becomes. I'll play test switching the two around.
2 months ago
Nice deck, like the lands matter theme. Have you thought about Petrified Field to make your Realms Uncharted an even more difficult decision? I would swap it for maybe Terrain Generator, which has never been satisfactory in my own playing experience.
3 months ago
Ideally for my Tatyova deck I would have all the fetch lands, Crucible of Worlds (Which I just got), a Strip Mine as an alternative yet douchey win condition if the game goes on too long, Worldly Tutor, Green Sun's Zenith, Magus of the Future, Dryad Arbor, Vedalken Orrery, Leyline of Anticipation, Thrasios, Triton Hero, Thousand-Year Elixir, Thawing Glaciers, Sylvan Library, Sensei's Divining Top, Seedborn Muse, Murkfiend Liege, Scorched Ruins, Roil Elemental, Rhystic Study, Petrified Field, Patron of the Moon, Pathbreaker Ibex, Oboro, Palace in the Clouds, Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx, Lotus Vale, Kodama's Reach, Into the Wilds, Hall of the Bandit Lord, Breeding Pool, Flooded Grove, Sylvan Scrying, Expedition Map, Eternal Witness, Dreamscape Artist, Concordant Crossroads, Command Beacon, Chromatic Lantern (IF you have all the fetches), Cephalid Coliseum, Boundless Realms, Blackblade Reforged,Alchemist's Refuge. Not sure if I will put all these in but most for sure and there are some good ideas.
3 months ago
I never bothered with Lake of the Dead and my Gitrog deck did just fine; too well, actually; my playgroup banned me from playing the deck, and it's not even a Tier I / deck tech type deck. How about replacing it with Petrified Field?
Maybe you'd like to take a look at my homebrew, and let me know what you think.
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 1 | 154 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER