Aftermath (Cast this spell only from your graveyard. Then exile it.)Each player shuffles his or her hand and graveyard into his or her library, then draws seven cards.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
1 week ago
Thank, I've considered Crook of Condemnation for the sideboard as I can recur it once set up, but I've generally already won by the time I get a nice big recursion up. The main issue I have is I really need Memory to refill my library as you can easily mill yourself here if you're not careful, so Sentinel Totem can ruin your own plans.
Aethersphere Harvester is a interesting suggestion, Shielded Aether Thief is mainly there to block not draw cards, so the energy is a little redundant. I test this but I may struggle to crew the Havester with only 4 creatures?
Ramunap Red is my main problem hence the very low end cards in the sideboard, It has quickly beaten this deck a number of times. God Pharoah's Gift & Approach are such a good match ups though, They are slow enough that I can get set up and then I have enough Mana to out control both of them, Grixis or U/R control that a little more hands on are tougher matches.
2 weeks ago
1) Lower Grapeshot to 1-2x as you don't want it in your opening hand and only want to see it comboing out
2) Simian Spirit Guide is better than Desperate Ritual or Pyretic Ritual as it can be used on turn 1 and still nets 1 mana like the other spells. I understand if the guide is not a budget choice. Its still all about getting double blue to cast dream halls. maybe High Tide might be better....?
3) Not to keen on Saprazzan Skerry or Sandstone Needle, how has your experience been with them?
4) Improve Card Draw - 1st you need draw to find the dream halls, then there's a high chance for stalling as most your card draw doesn't net any card advantage after paying the discard cost. reconsider draw cards that net 1-2 cards after replace itself and discarding to cast: keeping budget in mind because ancestral recall/visions would be good.
2 weeks ago
i would start by cutting both jace, forced fruition, spiteful visions, howling mine, dictate of kruphix all other draw step/upkeep stacking or self-damaging cards
curiosity is a good card on nekusar, but without him its a dead card, so its not really worth it imo cuz nekusar doesnt play like niv mizzet or locust god, in that he is much more discard than those two, plus, if you want to be mean, Glistening Oil does the job of both curiosity and Gratuitous Violence for 2 mana
temple bell goes infinite with Mind over matter but without MoM bell is just another howling mine feed, and with mom you can easily combo off similar to dream halls by untapping lands or mana rocks then casting a wheel and untapping more with unwanted cards
Kami, niv mizzet, and jace's archivist are too slow, since they dont have haste theyre often killed before you can tap them
nekusar is best in that he can kill a whole table with a Windfall so single target or cards like Blue Sun's Zenith or Terminate arent that great in edh when you could be casting a Memory or Evacuation
also, memory jar is amazing here because you can copy it with stuff like Mizzium Transreliquat, Mirage Mirror Copy Artifact and Sculpting Steel plus metamorph and impersonator to draw 7, discard them all to dream halls or mind over matter, then activate the second "jar" to exile the 7 cards in the original hand, which you also discard to avoid exile, this combined with stuff like Bojuka Bog rakdos charm or Leyline of the Void makes your opponent benefit far less from Memory/Time Spiral type cards while you keep getting your cards back while slowly decking them
hope that helps!
3 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
hey, I have a competitive nekusar primerand ive been playing him since printing so nearly 5 years now,
obviously my list is budgetless but it might help you get some budget ideas, some i dont see would be:
memory jar can easily be copied to exile the first jars hand of cards, all while discarding them to the wheel engines you're also missing, Dream Halls and Mind Over Matter its also a cheap, easily casted wheel
notion thief may negate the draw damage, but after a single wheel youve drawn more cards than a consecrated sphinx and can damnation into wheeling out
you also run a bit too many creatures for the amount of board wipes you run, and the upkeep ones are rather slow and easily dealt with
you also need a lot more draw engines as backup in case you cant wheel to loot more cards
Necropotence no reason you shouldn't run this if you have Anvil of Bogardan, it negates the downside and allows you to draw enough cards to win as soon as turn 4 if you cast anvil turn 2 and potence 3 exiling 1-39 cards
other backup draw engines (self only, howling mine just gives opponents card advantage.) besides potence i dont see are Mystic Remora, Phyrexian Arena, Geth's Grimoire, Dark Tutelage, and, more importantly the game-winning combo wheel engines, Dream Halls and Mind Over Matter
also Memory is a great new wheel with a counterspell/bounce to boot!
overall id suggest running much less creatures and cut the walkers, as the planeswalkers are very low impact and you have very few ways to block them getting stomped, ive even ran megajace and dack and found them less than useful, i only run Tezzeret the Seeker for the artifact ramp/tutor, but he isn't budget friendly of course :(
anyways, +1 for playing the best damn commander there is
check out my primer and see if you get any ideas from the budget cards or combo descriptions! if it helps feel free to "like" it, and hope my suggestions were of help
may your wheel be done
3 weeks ago
1 month ago
deadmanwaltzing - replacing tabernacle and shop would probably be just basics. Twister, is hard, you really want the shuffle and draw. The down side is that your other options aren't really great. You have Memory, Time Reversal or Day's Undoing.
1 month ago
Hey there! This looks like a sweet Standard ramp deck! I have a few suggestions for you:
- Naga Vitalist is a great piece of early ramp that can help you cast your late-game creatures (and Nissa).
- Haze of Pollen can probably help you stay alive longer against some of the format's more aggressive decks, and can be cycled away if you don't need it.
- Pull from Tomorrow gets better the more mana you have, and can really help you in the late game.
- Commit may not look strong, but Memory can be critical at refilling your hand and deck, and has the added bonus of disrupting your opponent's graveyard shenanigans.
- Censor is probably the best counterspell in Standard; and I would highly recommend running at least 2.
- While maybe a little expensive $-wise, Nissa, Steward of Elements is probably significantly better than Nissa, Genesis Mage, and is good both in the early game and the late game.
If you're looking for cards to cut, I'd start with Majestic Myriarch (it's good in go-wide strategies, but not really any place else) and Lay Claim (more of a Limited card than anything else). In any case, have fun!