|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Nissa vs. Ob Nixilis||Mythic Rare|
|Oath of the Gatewatch||Mythic Rare|
|Promo Set||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Nissa, Voice of Zendikar
Planeswalker — Nissa
+1: Create a 0/1 green Plant creature token.
-2: Put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control.
-7: You gain X life and draw X cards, where X is the number of lands you control.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (11)||Forkbeard , gildan_bladeborn , bigc137 , ThatJaceWannabe , Roadhog , Lindough , RubyStrings , Poptartz95 , jrschnoebelen , abby315 , Va1mar|
|Want (5)||Nemesis , Turtlelover73 , theMarc , KB2187 , Grantley91|
Nissa, Voice of Zendikar Discussion
1 day ago
So I have an Ezuri, Claw of Progress build, myself. You should check it out! I'm gonna give you some ideas, as I may have a few more experience counters than you xD
The suggestions I make are from my list, but I won't mention any cards outside of your budget. Let's get started!
This is alphabetical, not in order of relevance:
- Avenger of Zendikar is a bomb! He usually produces 7 tokens (sometimes more, rarely less). That's 7 Ezuri triggers! A great way to spend some mana.
- Birthing Pod is good; in my opinion, it is secondary to Yisan, the Wanderer Bard (more on him later)
- Breeding Pool is in your sideboard, but is a little out of your budget. If you're willing to buy it, there is absolutely no reason to leave it out of your deck
- Cyclonic Rift is an auto-include, as you are playing a blue EDH deck
- As brian.olson542 mentioned, Fathom Mage is amazing with Ezuri. It's the best card draw you'll get
- Green Sun's Zenith is amazing if you have enough green creatures to make it relevant. Tutoring is important in Commander, especially with a toolbox build (Ezuri can easily be a very effective toolbox). If you have too many blue/artifact creatures, I would go for other tutors
- Hinterland Harbor is from my favorite cycle of lands. In a 2-color deck, it will usually enter the battlefield _UN_tapped, without having to Shock yourself. Wonderful!
- You would be amazed at just how useful Kiora's Follower is. Got a tapped Simic Growth Chamber, Sol Ring, or Oran-Rief, the Vastwood? No problem :) Of course, it can also untap any creatures you have, as well as tapping an opponent's artifacts/creatures. So much utility in one little creature!
- I am familiar with Lifecrafter's Bestiary (or the Pokedex, as I call it). However, I have not tried it in my Ezuri Claw build. I'd be interested in seeing how it plays out!
- Murkfiend Liege is definitely not as good as Seedborn Muse, but it is also 90% cheaper, so that's okay
- Mycoloth is one of the best ways to get more counters! You needn't devour anything as it enters, though you certainly may. Just dump XP into it, and you get some tokens, which gives you more XP, which gives you more tokens, which gives...
- Panharmonicon - yesyesYES!!! This card is bonkers! Creatures that create tokens when they enter the battlefield (i.e.: Avenger of Zendikar) will create twice that amount! But wait - There's more! Those tokens will trigger Ezuri TWICE! For those of you following along at home, that's FOUR TIMES the Ezuri triggers for those tokens. You can't afford to pass that up!
- Rashmi, Eternities Crafter really doesn't play with Ezuri, but it is an A+ Simic card.
- PUT IN Sage of Hours!!! He is an infinite combo, and a win condition. If you have 4 XP, play Sage, get another XP, enter combat, place 5 counters on Sage and remove them instantly, take an extra turn. Then do the same thing next turn. Then the next. Then the next. You see where i'm going here? It's infinite turns, my friend. There's no cooler way to win (well... except for Now I Know My ABC's... but that's a different deck)
- I don't usually like taplands, but I make an excuse for Temple of Mystery. The artwork alone keeps it in, and the scrying is noice
- Yavimaya Coast is another solid and inexpensive option for mana
This is kinda alphabetical... but not really. _()_/
- Abundance lets you decide: Do you want a land or not? If you're short lands, get a land. If you're flooded, you can make sure you don't get any more. This is one of the few cards I will suggest that doesn't play with Ezuri, but it will certainly help you get better draws. Bonus: if (for some reason) you were about to be milled to death, this card will save you. If you look at the text, you'll notice that you do not actually draw cards anymore. Thus, when you go to draw from an empty library, nothing will happen. Value!
- Animation Module allows you to get a token whenever you distribute counters. Not super flashy, but an additional Ezuri trigger each turn is nothing to sneeze at.
- Beast Within is some of the best removal you'll get in Simic
- Blighted Agent is Invisible Stalker's Evil Twin. It is almost entirely better than Blight Mamba, and will win you many games.
- Bramblewood Paragon will give all your compleated creatures trample. Bonus: If you play it before Ezuri, your General enters as a 4/4
- Champion of Lambholt makes all your creatures unblockable.
- Chord of Calling is a wonderful tutor! Convoke really makes this baby shine.
- Contagion Engine is removal and the best proliferation you'll get.
- Crystalline Crawler is the best mana producer you'll see for Ezuri
- Cultivator of Blades triggers Ezuri 3 times (10 times with Panharmonicon), and then proceeds to make all your creatures far stronger when she attacks
- Den Protector is a hybrid of Eternal Witness and Champion of Lambholt; it doesn't do either ability as well, but it does do both.
- Defense of the Heart is my favorite Magic card. Look at it. Embrace it. Then tutor for Cultivator of Blades and Avenger of Zendikar :D
- Deranged Hermit gives you 5 quick triggers. You could pay to keep it around, but I usually don't.
- Dryad Arbor is a free Ezuri trigger
- Fauna Shaman lets you chose which creatures you'll be casting.
- The Fable of Wolf and Owl is the second best story ever told (the first being the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise).
- Fertilid lets you extract your lands from your deck, insuring that you will have mana, but not draw lands when you could be drawing more creatures.
- Hangarback Walker loves getting big, then making cute flying ezuri-triggering babies when it dies.
- Kalonian Hydra doubles the counters on ALL OF YOUR CREATURES!
- Loaming Shaman doesn't trigger Ezuri, but he gets your creatures back, so we keep him around.
- Momir Vig, Simic Visionary is the creature that tutors for creatures. He triggers Ezuri, and also finds the bodies you need.
- Nature's Claim is great because it's only 1 mana. The 4 life is negligible.
- Nissa, Voice of Zendikar gives you triggers, as well as counters.
- Parallel Lives because Doubling Season is too expensive.
- Phantom Nantuko is one helluva blocker. I like it better than Fog Bank, personally.
- Pongify - more one-mana removal! you already run one Rapid Hybridization, why not two?
- While we're on removal, there's Reality Shift. It's great beucase if they manifest a non-creature, then they can never cast it. So not only did you remove their Blightsteel Colossus, but you also got their Armageddon (yes, this actually happened to me once; the guy was so ticked).
- Reclamation Sage is removal on ezuri-triggering legs.
- Okay... so I know this is just a little out of your budget, but Sakashima the Impostor simply must go in. It can copy Ezuri, and is the only copy effect that can do so. I want you to imagine, atlasthetitan64, a world with 2 Ezuris. Think about all the triggering! All the COUNTERS! That, my friend, is Phyrexia incarnate. Search your couch for the spare change: Sakashima is well worth it.
- Servant of the Scale is a great one-drop. You can buff him up with no worries. If he dies, you'll just move the counters onto someone else, such as Fathom Mage.
- Simic Manipulator may cause you to lose all your friends, but that ability...
- Spike Feeder gives you more life than you'll know what to do with
- Triskelion is removal. Doesn't trigger Ezuri, but he's a beast. Dump a bunch of counters on him and watch your opponents squirm!
- If you play enough tokens, Triumph of the Hordes can be a good one-turn kill
- Viral Drake is great because of infect, obviously. However, even the proliferation is a welcome addition. It triggers Ezuri, and you'll get more conuters on your creatures, more XP, and more poison counters on your foes!
- Vorel of the Hull Clade doubles the counters on a creature. Great for Triskelion, Blighted Agent, Cultivator of Blades, or Fathom Mage
- Whirler Rogue is akin to Cultivator of Blades. It gets the same bonus from Panharmonicon. It also grants unblockability.
- Wild Beastmaster is not as good as Cultivator of Blades, but it's 2 mana cheaper.
- Wingcrafter is a great one-drop. I'd definitely play it over Cobbled Wings.
- Worldly Tutor wrote the book on creature tutoring. It's a good read!
- Yisan, the Wanderer Bard, because tutoring + cheaper creatures = a win.
Whew! Well I gave you a lot to think about, there. feel free to ask questions about anything I've suggested; I'd be happy to give you examples from games I've played, etc. Good luck, and happy deck-teching!
1 day ago
Angel of Invention? Maybe you could play around with Trial of Strength and Cartouche of Solidarity? GW tokens could be hard to be competitive with no Gideon, Ally of Zendikar or Nissa, Voice of Zendikar. Oath of Ajani could be a nice pseudo-anthem and you could use some of the spirit-token making sorceries from eldritch moon. (sorry I forgot their names)
3 days ago
Madhava thanks so much! I have a couple kinks to solve. First, I'm sorry I didn't clarify but I can't buy any Collected Companys. Second, could you please tell me what to replace for Nissa, Voice of Zendikar. Third, should I add Elspeth, Sun's Champion? next, any other suggestions? Lastly, can you plz make my deck 60 cards?
3 days ago
Nissa, Voice of Zendikar is kind of good here. I'd consider running one or two of her.
Okay... cut Kytheon's Irregulars x2 & Abzan Battle Priest x1 for Collected Company x3.
Cut your 6 current sorceries/instants + 4 lands for Hardened Scales x4, Dromoka's Command x3, Blessed Alliance x2 or x3, Gavony Township x1. This shouldn't need to run more than 20 lands. Also, change out some basic lands for Sunpetal Groves (if you're on a budget), or Windswept Heaths if you have 'em.
3 days ago
6 days ago
she does 20/20/20
3 color deck from memory
she has black green white
based around lifelink deathtouch trample.
1 week ago
I know I posted semi-recently, but I have a new list and want to start some more trades now that I am active again.
I am looking to get cards for a Progenitus Superfriends Deck. I have a bunch of random stuff to offer and am more interested in some cards listed below than others (i.e. I will prioritize Atraxa, certain walkers, and certain lands). I know in some cases it will be hard to make trades but it is worth a shot.
Cards wanted for Superfriends:
Ashiok, Nightmare Weaver
Chandra, Flamecaller (SDCC Version)
Gideon, Champion of Justice
Elspeth, Sun's Champion
Jace, Architect of Thought
Jace, Unraveler of Secrets (SDCC Version preferred)
Kaya, Ghost Assassin
Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker
Nissa, Vital Force
Nissa, Voice of Zendikar (SDCC version)
Ob Nixilis Reignited
Vraska the Unseen
Venser, the Sojourner
Cards of Note:
Force of Will
Loxodon Warhammer Russian
Serum Visions (Other version, not sure how to code)
Sarkhan the Mad
Scion of the Ur-Dragon
Other stuff, some unlisted
1 week ago
Bloodhall Ooze, Experiment One, Scavenging Ooze, and Predator Ooze are all reasonable cards for Modern. Necrotic Ooze is more of something you want to build around as its own deck, not necessarily toss into anything. Acidic Slime is also a good card, but the rest of your deck seems to be more aggro, making 5 CMC a bit high.
So of course, where does that leave you now that sylvannos has shown up and shit all over your idea?
For one, notice how much of a +1/+1 counter theme you have going on between Bloodhall Ooze, Experiment One, Scavenging Ooze, and Predator Ooze. Hardened Scales is absolutely bananas! That right there functions as your Intangible Virtue or Honor of the Pure. All of your oozes will just start doubling in size. Winding Constrictor is similar: it's a low CMC card that dumps a bunch of counters on everything. Nissa, Voice of Zendikar offers even more +1/+1 counters.
Second, you're in Jund colors. Lightning Bolt, Abrupt Decay, Atarka's Command, Terminate, and Fatal Push are all good options here. You're basically a quick, low-cost aggro deck. That also means you can play Dark Confidant to further increase your draw power. Since you curve out at 3 (Predator Ooze and possibly Nissa, Voice of Zendikar), you'll only be taking 1 damage on average each turn. This also opens up the potential for Liliana of the Veil. You're constantly drawing and playing oozes, while forcing your opponent to discard cards.
Copperline Gorge is a good start, but you really don't want to have lands that always come into play tapped. Fetches and shocks are going to be your best options, along with the aforementioned Cavern of Souls. I'd also recommend Blooming Marsh, Blackcleave Cliffs, and Kessig Wolf Run.
Lastly, your sideboard. It should probably be some number of hand disruption spells (Duress, Thoughtseize, Inquisition of Kozilek), artifact and enchantment removal (Destructive Revelry, Ancient Grudge), and general Jund sideboard tech (Fulminator Mage, Kolaghan's Command, Kitchen Finks, Maelstrom Pulse, anything that didn't get put in the main). I'm not sure what other cards you'd add that protect your plan of killing people with oozes. Hindervines? Skullcrack? I dunno.