|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Nissa vs. Ob Nixilis (DDR)||Mythic Rare|
|Oath of the Gatewatch (OGW)||Mythic Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Nissa, Voice of Zendikar
Planeswalker — Nissa
+1: Create a 0/1 green Plant creature token.
-2: Put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control.
-7: You gain X life and draw X cards, where X is the number of lands you control.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (30)||Fullmetalmage , snackeater , Forkbeard , _raeofsunlight , Relevantworm , Borg0th , Lucretian , Ferritt , joshw335 , gildan_bladeborn , retropman , burnedbread , , jstn.mrrtt , bigc137 , ThatJaceWannabe , Roadhog , Lindough , Poptartz95 , TrackerD , jrschnoebelen , TuckerMTG , Clawsun73 , angesoir , killstars , duff87 , Reliva , mziter501 , saj0219 , abby315|
|Want (6)||Turtlelover73 , Grantley91 , KB2187 , gamerhat , vishnarg , SirFowler|
Nissa, Voice of Zendikar Discussion
2 days ago
lords2001 - Thanks for your suggestions!
I do really like Nissa, Voice of Zendikar in this deck...I thought she was more expensive than she is which is why it was excluded at the start. However, I think that it fits really well and fits into the budget as well!
Thanks agains for the comment!
2 days ago
I've always wanted to build a Skullbriar deck, and I love counters! You want suggestions? I got suggestions!
For starters, 34 lands is a little low I think, so here's some ramp spells that play into your theme: Ordeal of Nylea, Map the Wastes, and New Horizons . Also Path of Discovery, which isn't exactly ramp but is sweet all the same.
Want more counters? Nissa, Voice of Zendikar will put one on all your dudes! And she's not a $20 card any more, or even close to it. How about some more Auras? Check out Sadistic Glee and Shape of the Wiitigo. Gigantiform gives Skullbriar +7/+7 and trample, no matter how many counters are on him. Or maybe you'd like to use Fallen Ideal to just fly over the blockers instead of crashing through them.
5 days ago
Aside from 3 drops that elves typically can or do run, Beastmaster Ascension and Nissa, Voice of Zendikar are the best 3 drop hits that grow your board while just being decent value plays. Jagged-Scar Archers is reasonable but the downside is obvious, and my friend playing Elves is pretty dead set on Mul Daya Channelers in this slot for BBE. Right now I don't know tho.
1 week ago
I would possibly add a few things things.
1) - Evolutionary Leap - sacrifice some tokens, find a creature, evolve, profit.
2) Nissa, Voice of Zendikar - generates bodies, adds +1 counters to your entire board state, can refil your hand eventually as it isn't a major target.
3) Lightning Greaves or similar - keeps your commander alive, can keep a big beater alive.
5) Durable Handicraft can be handy - ensures you get that +1 counter to kick off the process, especially when you have a few creatures buffed on the board so evolution isn't triggering readily any more.
6) Managorger Hydra - needs killing or you win. Put greaves or boots on it for laughs.
7) This deck will hurt if you run out of gas too - Pull from Tomorrow can work well.
Added bonus - think about
1 week ago
So I have some questions about these, and/or I think you should cut them:
- Gaddock Teeg: 75% of your creatures are 4 or above cmc that seems contradictive.
- Dusk//Dawn: Again your creatures are pretty high CMC Dawn does nothing for you, and Dusk kills most of YOUR creatures. I suggest Austere Command as a much better alternative.
- Sword Of Kaldra: Just why? You aren't building tron, and you have none of the other Kaldra equipment.
- Birthing Pod: You have to build specifically around birthing pod to make it effective, and your CMC curve on creatures is anything but; in this deck it just feels like a waste of a slot.
- Furnace Of Wrath: It can hurt you WAY too much, it's too risky personally.
- Assemble The Legion: again I dont' get it, you aren't really a token deck. For this to be effective you'd need Parallel Live, Annointed Procession, and Primal Vigor to maximize the potential.
- Vicious Shadows: This is just a bad Stalking Vengeance so why not just play it?
- Fight to the death: I just don't see this as a good card at all, I'd prefer to see a Deflecting Palm here, same cost just a better card.
- Grazing Gladehart: Lifegain isn't in your gameplan especially with Sulfuric Vortex in the deck
You should consider adding:
- Warstorm Surge: it's a great source of damage and just does more the later the game goes with Marath getting bigger on each cast.
- Vigor: is phenomenal in this deck or any other really.
- Angrath's Marauders: great alternative to Furnace
- Path of Discovery: It's card advantage, ramp, and counters all in one.
- Rishkar's Expertise: huge draw spell and most likely a free spell, pays for itself.
- Nissa, Voice of Zendikar: All about the +1/+1 counter bro!
- Craterhoof Behemoth: it's just an alternate win con.
- Forgotten Ancient: Great to transfer off counters to Marath AND becomes MASSIVE late game.
- Lurking Predators: this card is massive and honestly just ends games.
1 week ago
Thank you all so much for the feedback!! I'm definitely going to put some of the cards you suggested into the deck. I'm thinking of including Selvala's Stampede as well.
Updates to the deck 2/11/18:
Keep in mind that this deck is purely for fun, casual play and I'm not really looking to buy cards within the $20+ range.
1 week ago
I've been working on an idea for this too, Ponza Party 5, and I gotta tell ya clayperce, yours looks to be a pretty consistent beat down. I absolutely love the idea of the deck and look forward to playing it. Now, I do not however, like Doubling Season.
I know it's awesome, does crazy things, AND we can cast it reasonably, but it just seems like we would often be banking on having it out already.
Absolutely love Nissa, Voice of Zendikar, plants for daaaays. Plus, she makes Birds of Paradise extra useful. I see the value of Samut, the Tested, but I like Xenagos, the Reveler better. He isn't used to ult unless you really need the stuff, he's just free mana and dudes, coupled with VoZ he's ridiculous. And I really think Garruk Wildspeaker is the best of them for this. More mana means more walkers, LD spells and threats at the same time, which means game over even faster.
Really have to admit that I am growing fond of Tireless Tracker and it looks really good here on card draw and as a beater. I haven't seen Jadelight Ranger in action yet but it looks like it would do well here and brings as much value as Courser of Kruphix does I think. I also think we should give Avenger of Zendikar a try here as a 1 or 2 of. Even more ridiculous with Doubling Season and VoZ.
As for Heart of Kiran, I think you're right clayperce. It should be in the side. It just looks like it would be awkward in the main and there's almost always something else we would rather have on T2.
I really wanna see this deck tweaked and built. Super excited to see where we can take it guys.
2 weeks ago
hullos I completely forgot about Voice of Resurgence I haven't gotten one due to price, I plan to get this deck some a few Bramblesnap cards, they used to be in there, but I've lost a lot of cards. I don't normally use planeswalkers so I may not use Nissa, Voice of Zendikar, though she'd fit really well.