|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Enchantment — Aura Curse
Enchant playerWhenever a creature enters the battlefield under enchanted player's control, that player loses 1 life and you gain 1 life.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Trespasser's Curse Discussion
13 hours ago
Hour of Revelation and Revel in Riches just seem iffy in this deck. I seem to remember a card in DOM with a similar effect to Kari Zev's Expertise that could be a good addition. Trespasser's Curse seems to work on a number of levels. I also like Mutiny for a deck like this. Blackblade Reforged could really pump up your legendary creatures...
I just don't think that this deck is competitive yet - but the idea does show some promise.
1 week ago
I really love the idea behind this deck! It reminds me of something I would have come up with when I first started playing (I mean this in a very positive way!), as it is both plausible and creative!
- Cut 3 Khenra Eternal: They don't really fit into your game plan.
- Add 1 Wall of Forgotten Pharaohs: This card can be powerful in this type of deck.
- Cut 3 Painted Bluffs, 2 Survivors' Encampment, 2 Island, and 2 Swamp: This with the additions below will help smooth out your mana.
- Add 3 Ifnir Deadlands, 4 Fetid Pools, and 4 Drowned Catacomb: Since you are trying to ramp into something big, you probably want to hit as many land drops as you can. Plus you are running a lot of cycling lands, so that'll help mitigate flood.
- Cut 2 Faith of the Devoted, 2 Bontu's Monument, and 2 Kefnet's Monument: These cards don't have enough synergy with your deck, and you could use these slots to be more focused.
- Add 1 Trespasser's Curse, 2-3 Dowsing Dagger , and 3-4 Ammit Eternal: Dowsing Dagger can be really cute with Trespasser's Curse! And Ammit Eternal will ensure your damage gets through
- Cut 3 Scribe of the Mindful, 2 Merciless Eternal, and 1 Seeker of Insight: these cards are less good now that you've gotten rid of faith - Seeker and the Eternal still have potential though, which is why I left them.
- Add more removal! Once you get your Torment of Scarabs online, this deck will really be able to punish any opponent that can't get more than one creature out at a time.
- Removal to consider: Fatal Push, Vraska's Contempt, Underhanded Designs, Trial of Ambition, Ravenous Chupacabra, Tetzimoc, Primal Death, Doomfall, Hour of Glory, Hostage Taker, Essence Extraction, Yahenni's Expertise or Walk the Plank
- Along with your new removal, you may want to play a copy of Dead Man's Chest because that's just cute. And I'm sure this goes without saying, but this deck would also like 2 The Scarab God
- You can easily get the city's blessing with this deck with all of the enchantments that you have, so playing Kumena's Awakening and Vona's Hunger would likely be good. Along the same route, Twilight Prophet would be great too
At this point, I'm sure you're getting tired of reading, but before you go, I will suggest one more thing: either add green or cut blue for green. This allows you to ramp with cards like Spring and Thunderherd Migration, which will power out your big cards earlier!
Hopefully this was at least somewhat helpful. Feel free to reach out with your thoughts on my suggestions. Excited to see how you change it up. Please keep me updated on the results.
3 weeks ago
Shamble Back is good because i saw no graveyard recursion so this wont necessarely hurt that much. Crypt Incursion isnt that bad because (a you have no lifegain (b creatures die a lot in pauper. Trespasser's Curse is pretty good because people can spam out creatures fast when there all commons
3 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
I am trying to make a deck that can slow down the entire table with answers for various problems. If the opponent plays a lot of tokens, I would place a Trespasser's Curse on him. If it storms out I would limit the number of spells casts per turn. If he uses a ton of graveyard I would exile his graveyard options. Then I would usually win with a critical mass of tokens. (I still dont have Bitterblossom and Luminarch Ascension)
I am still trying to get some of the discard enchantments that you use. But nobody in my playgroup or the near stores have them.
3 weeks ago
It might be in flavor if you focused on effects gaining you life and losing opponents.
Things that work well for that are) Agent of Masks, Bloodchief Ascension, Campaign of Vengeance, Cliffhaven Vampire, Drana's Emissary, maybe Essence Depleter (depending on your mana rock situation), Exquisite Blood/Sanguine Bond, Exsanguinate, Falkenrath Noble, Infectious Curse, DEFINITELY Kambal, Consul of Allocation, Kaya, Ghost Assassin, Knights of the Black Rose, Ob Nixilis of the Black Oath, Palace Siege, Polluted Bonds, Retreat to Hagra, Scholar of Athreos, Souls of the Faultless, Subversion, Suture Priest, Trespasser's Curse, Twilight Prophet, and Zulaport Cutthroat.
So yeah. Plenty of suggestions there to consider.
3 weeks ago
Well Night of Souls' Betrayal would also kill our Blood Artist which would limit us to just using Trespasser's Curse. However if there was an effect like that for only 2 or maybe even 3 mana I would happily run it give how sweet it would be to lock out a lot of those 1 toughness creatures that combo off in modern.
1 month ago
I suggest you add Chainer's Edict or Disfigure to deal with possible creature threats. Supernatural Stamina is also a nice combat trick. Read the Bones and Sign in Blood can provide you with card advantage. Instead of Skullsnatcher you could play try playing Bojuka Bog.