Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Mold Shambler Discussion
2 months ago
Cards in the side that I think could work in the main are Dungrove Elder , Ambuscade , Rancor , Shield of the Oversoul , and maybe Ironscale Hydra . Cards that fit the general idea of the sideboard include Kogla, the Titan Ape , Mold Shambler , Reclamation Sage , and Yasharn, Implacable Earth . Other common SB options in these colors could be Stony Silence , Rest in Peace , Leyline of Sanctity , Selfless Spirit , Kor Firewalker , Rule of Law , Force of Vigor , Qasali Pridemage , and Scavenging Ooze .
At this point, this deck is far enough removed from the deathtouch lure plan that I think it could be worth swapping out those cards to go all-in on bogles or aura/hexproof instead. Cards like Slippery Bogle and Silhana Ledgewalker tend to pair well with aura buffs like Spirit Mantle and Ethereal Armor .
2 months ago
The sideboard should be 15 cards that help you deal with specific situations you often encounter, but not often enough to put them in main-board - like artifact/enchantment destruction, or recursion, or flying, or life gain, or land destruction. If there is a deck that your deck struggles against, you would add specific cards that would help you in that match up. So stuff like Mold Shambler , Gravity Well , or Yasharn, Implacable Earth (if you often face a deck that pays life to activate abilities), or extra copies of Naturalize or Appetite for the Unnatural , or Oblivion Ring , or Bonds of Mortality , or Ghost Quarter , would be good choices. Think of it as a toolkit/backpack. It's stuff for "just in case."
3 months ago
How do you feel about Arboreal Grazer ?
I feel like this kind of list has a few silly options - Mold Shambler bounce to lock someone off lands, a Essence Symbiote / Migratory Greathorn mutate subtheme or Slaughterhorn as a combat trick. If splashing another colour, cards like Crusher Zendikon or the RG riot beast.
Still, with beasts being printed every few sets this feels like something that is going to suddenly get an efficient option and be really good.
7 months ago
This looks like a lot of fun!
For removal, I really like Wickerbough Elder and Mold Shambler; they can help thin the field and also provide a body that can swing in for damage later. I also like Mwonvuli Acid-Moss too as it ramps while also potentially taking out a myriad of really powerful lands that are really common in EDH. Though, Acid-Moss might be really hard to find and/or be much more expensive in your area :(
In one of my other decks, I also had Taunting Elf, Shinen of Life's Roar, and Glaring Spotlight as budget ways to give your whole board mass-reach and close out games. They might be worth considering here as well?
This card is a little over $1 but if you ever have a little more to spend on a single card, Ulvenwald Tracker could be really nice here, especially with all your haste enablers!
Also feel free to dismiss all these recommendations! Your deck honestly looks really great and fun just as it is! :D
1 year ago
Oh man, I didn't expect that to be a real edit you made. I think it'll work great! Now that you did it:
Easy replacements for Nature's Claim are Knight of Autumn and Reclamation Sage, so those might be a good include. Any replacement for Beast Within will obviously be much worse, but Meteor Golem and Mold Shambler are what I can think of off the top of my head. And I honestly can't think of anything to replace Natural Order or Tooth and Nail.
Other things: You're running 16 noncreature spells. Nikya of the Old Ways might limit you a bit, but I think it has enormous potential and might be worth a look.
I've also found that Captain Sisay is busted in this kind of deck if you have $15 that you're willing to spend.
I still love the deck!
1 year ago
Okay buddy here we go!
I think we need to fix a lot of things here. Ramp is an easy fix, we'll get some more instant/sorceries that get lands because they are safest. Then we'll work on getting more counters on Hallar in more efficient ways. We'll also swap out some of your kicker spells for other kicker spells that do better things.
Cards to look at:
- Snake Umbra It's protection and draw
- Ordeal of Nylea Counters and ramp
- Wolfbriar Elemental an "eh" kicker but lots of tokens if you get the mana
- Vigor awesome against Neheb and Torbran
- Verduran Emissary kicker and removal
- Thicket Elemental kicker and free creature, but it costs a lot so maybe not
- Pir, Imaginative Rascal another hardened scales
- Mold Shambler kicker and removal (better than Thicket Elemental)
- Citanul Woodreaders kicker and draw (better than Thicket Elemental)
- Rishkar's Expertise draw and free spell
- Greater Good is good for drawing cards in the event a board wipe or removal happens. Yeah you have to discard 3 but who cares when you're hopefully drawing 8+ by sacking Hallar
- Return of the Wildspeaker another draw or a buff
- Hunter's Insight Since Hallar has trample you'll definitely get cards, but this can be 3 mana draw 8+ if he's unblocked
- Canopy Surge cheap kicker that also hits players so you can bring them down lower
- Chandra's Ignition boardwipe/damage players
- Breath of Darigaaz cheap kicker that also jits players
- Quest for Pure Flame cheap damage doubler to help you close a game. One Hallar activation puts 3 counters on it.
- Hour of Devastation solid boardwipe that hopefully won't kill Hallar
- Tectonic Reformation For cycling lands
- Solidarity of Heroes cheap kicker that doubles counters
- Heroic Intervention protection
- Savage Offensive cheap kicker that's a combat trick sorta
- Blade of the Bloodchief might be good with Elenda and Teysa sacking all those creatures.
- Primal Vigor double counters
- Llanowar Reborn easy +1 at the cost of it coming in tapped, great in opening hand
- Jiang Yanggu, Wildcrafter mana and +1s
- Rishkar, Peema Renegade mana and +1s
- Forgotten Ancient more counters
- Farseek 2 mana ramp
- Sakura-Tribe Elder 2 mana ramp
- Rampant Growth 2 mana ramp
- Nature's Lore 2 mana ramp
- Kodama's Reach 3 mana ramp and guaranteed land drop
- Cultivate 3 mana ramp and guaranteed land drop
- Explore 2 mana ramp and draw
Cards to maybe cut
- Azusa, Lost but Seeking only good early game or if you're drawing a ton of cards, replace with any 2 mana ramp card
- Elvish Visionary replace with Explore
- Grand Warlord Radha Looking to go lower on creatures, replace with 2 mana ramp spell
- Grunn, the Lonely King replace with cheaper kicker or at least a kicker that draws cards or is removal
- Loyal Guardian replace with better +1 counter option
- Rummaging Goblin Replace with better draw
- Savage Ventmaw 2 mana ramp spell
- Servant of the Scale replace with better +1 counter
- Skizzik replace with cheaper kicker or at least a kicker that draws cards or is removal
- Untamed Kavu replace with cheaper kicker or at least a kicker that draws cards or is removal
- Fog You know I don't like these but I know you like them. I'd replace with Heroic Intervention
- Magmatic Insight replace with Tectonic reformation
- Expedite replace with draw spell
- Darksteel Ingot 2 mana ramp
- Gruul Locket 2 mana ramp
- Gruul Cluestone 2 mana ramp
- Repercussion is way, waaaaaaaaaaaay to risky now with Neheb AND torbran. replace with anything really
- Forced Adaptation Replace with better +1 or doubler
- Radha, Heir to Keld replace with 2 mana ramp spell
So with all that I hope you're mana will be more consistant and your draw will be more powerful, then you'll be able to dump more counters on Hallar and snipe some wins. If not, your kicker spells will have more impact because they'll draw or remove or ramp. Focus on the 2cmc ramp cards, then swap out the kicker spells, then get those draw cards in there.
Here's a Deck you can also look at
1 year ago
i think Sage of Epityr and Coiling Oracle can be some nice creatures to put in for better deck filtering to fin more relvant tools. Terastodon and Mold Shambler seem like they could be nice add in as well. Tamiyo, Field Researcher seems like a nice fit too.
2 years ago
Some suggestions Verdant Force although big, you should be able to get enough mana as it makes tokens on every upkeep. Tendershoot Dryad is another one I would definitely recommend to add as the ascend trigger is super easy to go off from. Thelonite Hermit is another good one. Thallid Soothsayer is a bit slow but it gives card draw and goes with the theme. Mold Shambler is like a bad Reclamation Sage but goes with theme. Nemata, Grove Guardian is an interesting dude as he gives a worldly buff when going for the kill.
Hope these may help!