Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
|Pauper Duel Commander||Legal|
- Servant of the Scale and Hardened Scales interaction
- Two Avatar of the Resolutes/Reverent Hunters enter from Collected Company?
- Servant of the Scale has ten +1/+1 counters on it. Hypnotic Siren takes control of Servant of the Scale. When Servant of the Scale dies, who gets the counters?
- Winding Constrictor + Hardened Scales Interaction
- Would Rite of Passage cause Servant of the Scale to distribute more +1/+1 counters?
Servant of the Scale
Creature — Human Soldier
Servant of the Scale enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it.
When Servant of the Scale dies, put X +1/+1 counters on target creature you control, where X is the number of +1/+1 counters on Servant of the Scale.
1 month ago
Servant of the Scale? Has the potential for more than just the one +1/+1 counter, if board-wide counters are added or get shifted around. Otherwise a cheap drop that guarantees more feeding.
4 months ago
This reminds me of a Green/White deck which I built specifically to run off of +1/+1 counter generation.
My method was to use Hardened Scales as a first-turn drop (sometimes even second turn drop, since I run 4 of them) as well as 4x Conclave Mentor, and then play creatures which come in with counters already (See: Servant of the Scale, Barkhide Troll, Ochre Jelly, Mikaeus, the Lunarch).
Few other thoughts:
- Hydra's Growth can make for a nice finisher in any +1/+1 counter-based deck
- Snakeskin Veil is a better alternative to your Arbor Armament since it can protect a creature with many counters already on it
- Basri's Solidarity combo's amazingly well with Hardened Scales and Conclave mentor, and overall is more powerful than some of the other Sorceries that you're currently running.
- Incubation Druid provides silly amounts of mana early-on provided you can get a counter on him (easy combo for mana ramp)
- Charge Through is a nice workaround for decks which have many blockers, as without Trample, even the strongest creature can still be blocked. This fires at Instant-speed as well, so it can be used as a finisher against an opponent hoping to block a large creature with a weenie blocker.
6 months ago
If you want judge/denizen to be more reliable, you can grab some Oran-Rief, the Vastwood or lean into spells running Hall of Oracles/Inspiring Call. There are some great budget counters cards in the 1 mana slot - Experiment One, Generous Visitor, Willow Geist etc. Mutant's Prey offers light removal and Servant of the Scale/Swarm Shambler some survivability.
7 months ago
the Panglacial Wurm seems great, since you don't even have to draw it, you'd need one or two at the most. i'll probably keep it in mind if i ever try to build this weird ramp counter deck we are discussing about now ahah
lhetrick13 what you found is what i suspected - unfortunately, cards should come next week so i won't be trying much apart from maybe very small changes - i don't want to print more proxies :D
i'll let you know as soon as i try out the new version.
or maybe i'll get around to print the few cards and will be able to try it tomorrow.
FYI, this is what i put together for next try:
Creatures - 4 Conclave Mentor - 3 Duskshell Crawler - 2 Hopeful Initiate - 2 Iron Apprentice - 2 Lion Sash - 2 Oran-Rief Ooze - 2 Savior of Ollenbock - 2 Scavenging Ooze - 4 Servant of the Scale - 3 Willow Geist
lmk if you have any comment on this one
10 months ago
BioProfDude: what would you suggest i take out? i'm not really worried about board wipes, and 3 mana is too much for that effect. Servant of the Scale can't generate its own counters after the first turn, and doesn't provide any support unless it dies.
10 months ago
Cool deck! +1 from me!
1 year ago
I am a fan of the idea, have wanted to make a deck like this but human tribal [haven't actually sat down to do the work, there is some new tools to work with in crimson vow with the training mechanic]. Servant of the Scale seems like it would fit right into this deck for an on theme one drop, and Abzan Falconer could help end a game.