Creature — Human Soldier
Renown 1 (When this creature deals combat damage to a player, if it isn't renowned, put a +1/+1 counter on it and it becomes renowned.)
When Relic Seeker becomes renowned, you may search your library for an Equipment card, reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle your library.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Relic Seeker Discussion
4 weeks ago
Hero's Blade and Sunforger are two have placed in a voltron-y Jeskai list I am making. Just waiting on cards from TCGPlayer to get the list finalized. haha. Mask of Memory doesn't buff you, but it is cheap to play and equip, and card draw is always nice to have. They seem like they will be useful in the voltron strategy as well. As far as instants are concerned, Crackling Doom is a favorite of mine. Red Elemental Blast is always good. I think the new Infernal Grasp is going to make a name for itself as well. Fighter Class may be something you are interested in. Battle Mastery could also be an option. Simian Spirit Guide is another form of ramp that you can hard cast in a dire situation. Relic Seeker is an ok tutor for your favorite equipment, or whatever you need at the time. Semester's End is another pseudo copy of Teferi's Protection, though admittedly strictly worse. Haha. I dont know what you want to keep your budget at, but Land Tax is an excellent way to make sure you always have your colors and hit your land drops. Hope at least a few of these can help now that i have a little better understanding of your deck than i did earlier. Good luck!
11 months ago
Lightning Greaves is a really good card, if your commander only needs to be either hasty or protected to execute your game plan.
In an equipment strategy though, Shroud prevents other equipment being attached to the greaves-equipped creature. It's really awkward to have to shift the greaves away from your one big creature to equip it with other pieces, opening it up to removal while doing so.
I'd cut that.
I'm a fan of Brass Squire in these decks, cheating on equip costs is pretty powerful if a quarter of your deck is equipment.
Relic Seeker is solid.
Buried Ruin can grab an equipment from the graveyard back to hand, great utility on a land.
Inventors' Fair seems like a must-run.
Is there a reason you took the kobold as second partner other than novelty? Akiri, Line-Slinger is very powerful as a beatstick in the command zone
1 year ago
You might like these: Valor in Akros , Veteran's Armaments , Relic Seeker , Cathars' Crusade , Deploy to the Front , Call the Coppercoats , Haazda Marshal , Basri Ket , Conqueror's Pledge , Nomads' Assembly , Tome of Legends , Mask of Memory , Consul's Lieutenant , Coat of Arms , Slate of Ancestry , Rogue's Gloves
1 year ago
Stoneforge Mystic and Steelshaper's Gift are probably out of budget, but Relic Seeker, Stonehewer Giant, Taj-Nar Swordsmith and Steelshaper Apprentice are pretty budget ways to make sure you keep finding your important equipment most of your games.
1 year ago
Neat deck. You might like these: Kusari-Gama, Veteran's Armaments, Pearl Medallion, Goldnight Commander, Mask of Memory, Infiltration Lens, Tome of Legends, Godsend, Crashing Drawbridge, Valor in Akros, Scythe of the Wretched, Rogue's Gloves, Consul's Lieutenant, Relic Seeker, Quietus Spike, Scytheclaw
1 year ago
Things that synergize with white's effects like counters with Mindless Automaton, lifegain with Well of Lost Dreams, and tokens or small dudes with Skullclamp, that or Sword of Fire and Ice for equipment strategies, Smuggler's Copter and Bonders' Enclave for other strategies.
And in white, after looking it up for Omniscience_is_life, here is my new, semi-educated package:
Land Tax, Mangara, the Diplomat, Alms Collector, Weathered Wayfarer, Mesa Enchantress, Kor Spiritdancer, Sram, Senior Edificer, Stonehewer Giant, Dawn of Hope, Puresteel Paladin, Mentor of the Meek, Bygone Bishop, Luminarch Ascension, Emeria, The Sky Ruin, Sun Titan, Sevinne's Reclamation, Ranger of Eos, and Castle Ardenvale
Not to mention tutors being Weathered Wayfarer/Ranger of Eos being tutors, alongside Steelshaper's Gift, Open the Armory, Recruiter of the Guard, Ranger-Captain of Eos, Academy Rector, Arena Rector, Call the Gatewatch, Idyllic Tutor, Enlightened Tutor, Heliod's Pilgrim, Quest for the Holy Relic, Three Dreams, Boonweaver Giant, Auratouched Mage, Djeru, With Eyes Open, Taj-Nar Swordsmith, Thalia's Lancers, Totem-Guide Hartebeest, Relic Seeker, Priest of the Wakening Sun, Forerunner of the Legion, Ignite the Beacon, Plea for Guidance, Kithkin Harbinger, etc.
Oh, and there is more, just look!
1 year ago
Alesha, Who Smiles at Death was one of the first generals I built a commander deck around and I've been tuning mine ever since.
Replacements I would make
- Replace Dolmen Gate with Reconnaissance since it costs 1 less and also can untap your creatures after damage has been dealt to give them pseudo-vigilance.
- Replace Angel of Invention with Marionette Master since if you get infinite ETBs on marionette master, you can sac the infinite tokens to deal infinite damage.
Other cards I might suggest
- Add Moriok Replica is the best card I have in my Alesha deck, it can draw you so many cards every turn.
- Add Panharmonicon/Flameshadow Conjuring so you can get double ETB triggers.
- Add Torch Fiend and Kami of Ancient Law for repeatable artifact/enchantment removal.
- Add Remorseful Cleric for repeatable graveyard hate.
- Add Magus of the Disk for a repeatable board wipe.
- Add Yahenni, Undying Partisan since he's a free sac outlet that can draw you cards and can also be recurred using Alesha.
Combos I might suggest
- Add Reveillark/Sun Titan + Karmic Guide + a sac outlet + a creature with an ETB trigger like Murderous Redcap = infinite ETBs.
- Add Vesperlark + Felidar Guardian + a sac outlet = infinite sacrifices.
- Add Sun Titan + Gift of Immortality + a sac outlet = infinite sacrifices.
- Add Zealous Conscripts + Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker = infinite hasty pirates.
Cards I recommend ditching:
- Remove Carrion Grub Its basically 4 mana for 4 cards milled, that isn't worth it.
- Remove Sunforger You only have 6 legal Sunforger targets, it isn't worth it to keep it in.
- Remove Dictate of Erebos You don't need this if you can just get a Ravenous Chupacabra out and keep recurring it.
- Remove Mindclaw Shaman This was a card that I found didn't do much when I played it, there are alot of other creatures with better ETB effects.
- Remove Relic Seeker There isn't much of a need to fetch a piece of equipment since you only have Sunforger, Sword of the Animist, and Skullclamp.
Feel Free to check out my RBW Alesha's Beautiful Smile combo deck for ideas.
1 year ago
@5dollarMTG: Thank you for the deck list! I really enjoy playing this one!
For a few extra bucks, adding a playset of Open the Armory seems perfect for this deck. Fetches both aura and equipment, making it better than Heliod's Pilgrim and Relic Seeker. Also adding a few more Banishing Lights and maybe some Ethereal Hazes would let you survive longer, until having all the combo pieces together. Both instead of the rather slow Kithkin Harbinger.