Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Creature — Insect
Carrion Grub gets +X/+0, where X is the greatest power among creature cards in your graveyard.
When Carrion Grub enters the battlefield, mill four cards. (Put the top four cards of your library into your graveyard.)
LastEdegy on Jarad vod Savo
8 months ago
@vehiclemaster - Cemetery Tampering looks slow, after casting this, it doesn't affect anything yet.. might playtest it first.. Shakedown Heavy has a lot of hoops to go through just draw a card.. and Topiary Stomper is a one time ramp only, and doesn't affect the board if i draw it very early.. The dispensable creatures i have for ramp feels better.. thanks for the suggestions though..
@RoxieRoxie - Ambitious Dragonborn is lacking compared to other big creatures i have already included in the deck.. like Carrion Grub, Old Stickfingers and Wall of Blood are much better.. Ancient Brass Dragon looks like a fun card though.. might be a card that overturn the situation of the game.. might consider it, but not soon.. since it's still costs high as of the moment.. thanks for the suggestions!
@Tiyos99 - thanks for the suggestions.. although Circle of the Land Druid is an okay disposable land recursion and self milling cheap creature, other options already included in the deck is much better w/o waiting for it to die.. Gray Slaad is not good.. aside from the adventure side of it, the payoff of having 4 or more creatures in the graveyard is underwhelming..
kazeoishii on High Lord Wolnir, Arisen Skeleton
1 year ago
Removed Army of the Damned
Added Living Death
Podkomorka on Pauper EDH Deck Compendium
2 years ago
_5HATT3R3R_ on Alesha, Who Gets Things Done
2 years ago
Alesha, Who Smiles at Death was one of the first generals I built a commander deck around and I've been tuning mine ever since.
Replacements I would make
- Replace Dolmen Gate with Reconnaissance since it costs 1 less and also can untap your creatures after damage has been dealt to give them pseudo-vigilance.
- Replace Angel of Invention with Marionette Master since if you get infinite ETBs on marionette master, you can sac the infinite tokens to deal infinite damage.
Other cards I might suggest
- Add Moriok Replica is the best card I have in my Alesha deck, it can draw you so many cards every turn.
- Add Panharmonicon/Flameshadow Conjuring so you can get double ETB triggers.
- Add Torch Fiend and Kami of Ancient Law for repeatable artifact/enchantment removal.
- Add Remorseful Cleric for repeatable graveyard hate.
- Add Magus of the Disk for a repeatable board wipe.
- Add Yahenni, Undying Partisan since he's a free sac outlet that can draw you cards and can also be recurred using Alesha.
Combos I might suggest
- Add Reveillark/Sun Titan + Karmic Guide + a sac outlet + a creature with an ETB trigger like Murderous Redcap = infinite ETBs.
- Add Vesperlark + Felidar Guardian + a sac outlet = infinite sacrifices.
- Add Sun Titan + Gift of Immortality + a sac outlet = infinite sacrifices.
- Add Zealous Conscripts + Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker = infinite hasty pirates.
Cards I recommend ditching:
- Remove Carrion Grub Its basically 4 mana for 4 cards milled, that isn't worth it.
- Remove Sunforger You only have 6 legal Sunforger targets, it isn't worth it to keep it in.
- Remove Dictate of Erebos You don't need this if you can just get a Ravenous Chupacabra out and keep recurring it.
- Remove Mindclaw Shaman This was a card that I found didn't do much when I played it, there are alot of other creatures with better ETB effects.
- Remove Relic Seeker There isn't much of a need to fetch a piece of equipment since you only have Sunforger, Sword of the Animist, and Skullclamp.
Feel Free to check out my RBW Alesha's Beautiful Smile combo deck for ideas.
shadow63 on Hell in a Cell
2 years ago
I'd cut Apocalypse Demon carnefix demon and Carrion Grub
Omniscience_is_life on Hell in a Cell
2 years ago
I'm a massive "let's get big creatures into play through Circuitous Routes" fan, and this deck looks great. I regret to say I don't play a bunch of black, so I can't give many suggestions, but I'll give a few card draw/ramp/assorted other value recommendations:
Ashnod's Altar. Free sac outlets are a must include in many lists, and reanimator decks without green to reliably ramp them are definitely in that party. Cards like Carrion Grub that ETB and then have no additional effects basically turn into one-use rocks.
Yawgmoth's Vile Offering. This card is a house, does everything you want to be doing all rolled up into one neat package.
Charcoal Diamond/Fire Diamond. All around good rocks, hit the table early and help you for the rest of the game. Fellwar Stone is an auto-include as well.
Nyx Lotus. Demons have sooooo much black devotion, this card is going to be doing work.
hope this helps!