|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2018 (C18)||Rare|
|Magic 2013 (M13)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
When Ground Seal enters the battlefield, draw a card.
Cards in graveyards can't be the targets of spells or abilities.
Ground Seal Discussion
1 month ago
Glad you like the deck, I always have a blast playing Tuvasa. It's been pretty infamous in my circles due to it's resiliency. To answer a couple of your questions:
- Teferi's Protection is a great card, however most of the time I am tied for mana and having the difference in one CMC does make a large difference in my meta. My Tuvasa is often prone to be getting exiled and having 3 mana up is difficult as usually the turn after casting Tuvasa you are already playing another spell to make use of her. Other than that you can run both or just Teferi's Protection, it's up to you!
- Academy Rector is a trap in this deck, in order for you to make use of rector you need a kill switch. There isn't much spells that I run that destroys target creature or board wipes, I tend to usually draw into my enchantments or my tutors that gets me my enchantments and I run low CMC enchantments so rector is unnecessary for this style of play. If you are going to cheat out the bigger enchantments like say for example Omniscience or Decree of Silence than go for it, I would also include Flash as a way for instant speed kill.
- Verduran Enchantress has been cut out because I do have enough card draw, honestly it's been hard to cut out cards. I been tempted to down even to 33 lands to add in another low drop card like Ground Seal . I'm an advocate to tune your deck to your own style, if you need more card draw go add it in and test it out!
- Sigil of the Empty Throne is a fun card and can get out of hand, it can be a secondary line of winning, however I built this as a "voltron enchantress storm" type of deck and I just want to one shot people. I used to run it, but at 5 cmc it was too high when I had nothing else in my hand.
- Enchanted Evening is a great game ending card, but as I said with Sigil, I wanted to do a voltron storm style deck. You can definitely try it out as it is a huge bomb that can definitely OHKO someone not ready, but I just prefer the cost of my cards to be low for this type of deck.
Hope that answers your question and feel free to +1 upvote Tuvasa!
2 months ago
I had tested Silent Gravestone in one of the very earliest versions of the deck, and frankly found it to be kinda meh. IMO, Surgical Extraction just isn't really worth a dedicated sideboard slot, plus the trigger from Golgari Thug is often quite useful (e.g., getting a Satyr Wayfinder back when we need gas or a Land drop, and getting a Hogaak back when our opp has a Grafdigger's Cage ). The cantrip of Ground Seal is nice though, so I'll keep it in mind if Surgical becomes more of a threat.
2 months ago
3 months ago
Umbra Mystic , Treefolk Umbra , Hyena Umbra , Eland Umbra and Open the Vaults are cards that need to be included in this deck. Arcanum Wings should also be of consideration. Ground Seal may also be of use to you.
5 months ago
To not lose to easy hate.
Unfair decks have answers that can shut the decks down. Using fast mana and artifact synergies to storm off with Jhoira? Damping Sphere , Null Rod , Karn, the Great Creator , Rule of Law , Stony Silence , Arcane Laboratory , and plenty of other cards single-handedly kill that strategy.
Fair decks do less busted things, but have less cards that hate on them.
7 months ago
Ground Seal is an amazing card in this deck to protect from targeted graveyard removal.
Pernicious Deed is a must in this deck, it's the best board wipe you'll get.
SporeFrog is disgusting.
I built a Muldrotha deck for my friend, if you wanna take a look for some other ideas feel free too! The Gravetide Don't Care...
7 months ago
Big Update: Added in some cards that I already had. Took out some cards I felt didn't contribute enough to the +1/+1 counters, or I had cards which did what the card did, but better. Also adding in both Nissa and Champion of Rhonas may allow me to cheat out some of my more expensive spells, saving mana for adapting those already on the field.
- Nimbus Naiad
- Steeple Creeper
- Sylvan Brushstrider
- Feral Invocation
- Open the Gates
- Prying Eyes
- Stormbound Geist
- Junk Golem
8 months ago
Scenarios, where it could have been way more useful than my enchantment, is plentiful as far as I can recall! also, the only way to stop them with Aura Shards would be creatures with flash which also has very low odds to pull of anyway and we already have a fair bit of hate towards artifacts so it could actually act as a backup you can keep up if you have a Null Rod out and people are looking for an end step removal to try and go for a win on their turn regardless of how Staxy your board is with Artifact combos mentioned in the previous post.
Although for the other two, I'm still not 100% convinced even though Reanimator occasionally screw you over with a turn 1 or 2 Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur or any of the commonly used targets like Sheoldred... we do still have a re-castable untapping/tapping bird at our disposal that can still prolong the game to a point where those beasts won't easily beat you down anyway. And it will eventually require other people to respond too if it doesn't snowball to far out of hand. I feel like running Counter spells like Flusterstorm , Spell Pierce And similar cards like this for these early reanimator scenario's is something I'd prefer as they could also prevent board wipes that slip through at other points in the game! And imagine a pod where 2-3 of your opponents manage to put a reanimated beast on the table... Your singular swords won't save you and you just move on I guess :'(...
Or yea to flash in Containment Priest only for these kinds of scenarios :)! Heck, I'd even run more grave-hate before I'd consider swords if Reanimator was a problem as you have so many choices...
(It will be a pain to see Aura Shards go as I've had so much success with it removing every single Ramp artifact and later on crucial pieces they needed a turn cycle for to go off with :'(... but the day has come to accept that CEDH loves its Paradoxfluxervoirscepter or chain veil combos too much and storm is everywhere xD)
Ground Seal occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%