As an additional cost to play Insidious Dreams, discard X cards.
Search your library for X cards. Then shuffle your library and put those cards on top of it in any order.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Insidious Dreams Discussion
1 hour ago
cuts being weighed for lower cost cards maybe not even with similar effects just trying to shrink the overall cmc down.- Diabolic Revelation- Beseech the Queen- Increasing Ambition- Devastation Tide- Archaeomancer- Venser, Shaper Savant- Insidious Dreams- Paradoxical Outcome- Diabolic Tutor- Hedron Archive
1 week ago
Some nice combo's i found:
4 weeks ago
Nevermind, you already have it! Don't know how I missed it. Ever thought of playing Insidious Dreams? With all of the card draw this deck has, discarding to stack your deck shouldn't be an issue
1 month ago
DeckedGuru, While I don't think you're going in the wrong direction, you listed a lot of sup-par cards right there:
- Anthem of Rakdos, Gratuitous Violence is practically the same thing, but all the time.
- Grave Upheaval is a highly overpriced effect when Reanimate, Dance of the Dead, Animate Dead, Necromancy, Coffin Queen, Feldon of the Third Path, and Dread Return all exist, and Dread Return even functions from the graveyard.
- Dark Withering, just because discard is your theme doesn't mean you have to include mediocre removal spells just because they fit your theme. You don't see me running Irradiate in my artifact decks for the same reason. Dark Withering can basically only be cast when you can discard a card, making it a pseudo-sorcery, and is outclassed by other all around good removal in these colors, like Terminate, Tragic Slip, and Malicious Affliction.
- Kolaghan's Command, I know it's a beast in 60 card formats, but all of those modes are pretty useless in EDH, except the artifact removal, but that's outclassed by Shattering Spree, Vandalblast, and Goblin Welder.
- Library of Leng, capitalizing on the cards you're discarding being in the graveyard is a million times better than basically guaranteeing you're not going to draw any new cards.
- Pain Magnification, this one is actually pretty good, but this is a friendly reminder that Larceny exists and is amazing.
- Megrim, Liliana's Caress, and Quest for the Nihil Stone, unless you have a full set of Wheel of Fortune effects, these guys end up having way less of an impact than you'd think they do in a 40 life format. Same goes for The Rack. Bloodchief Ascension on the other hand, is typically strong enough to include anyway.
- Necrogen Mists, this one's also not bad, but you forgot all of its siblings: Bottomless Pit, Oppression, Stronghold Rats, and Creeping Dread.
As far as the hellbent theme goes, I wouldn't focus too much on it, since Neheb's effect isn't that great, and there are only two hellbent card worth including, which also aren't that great... Instead if you focus on just capitalizing on the cards you're throwing in the graveyard and stripping away your opponent's hands, then you can still draw lots of cards without being counter to your main strategy. Stuff like Geth's Grimoire and Phyrexian Arena can keep you flush while your opponents struggle to have things to play, and Mask of Memory fits really nicely here since our commander is low cost and is going to be attacking.
1 month ago
Winterblast it isn't too hard to set up, could just run Insidious Dreams to tutor all the pieces but I think I would rather find a space for Psychosis Crawler in the deck and tutor up Food Chain combo bits and just win.
1 month ago
Core Prowler seems good at proliferating.
1 month ago
some alternate tutor if you want to reduce you're deck mana cost a bit.
2 months ago
Solid list, the only card that seems slightly questionable to me is Insidious Dreams it's a good card, but I feel as though it gets outclassed by Vampiric Tutor. Also Talisman of Dominance seems a little out-of-place, but I'm not all that familiar with it.
As said before, good deck and I think it deserves an upvote from me!