|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Price of Glory
Whenever a player taps a land for mana, if it's not that player's turn, destroy that land.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Price of Glory Discussion
1 day ago
Price of Glory was a consideration, but I wanted to keep the budget at $100 using my pricing app.
Jokulhaups is sweet but kills Etali (and the best indestructible equipment is $5-10). I want to break parity by only using MLD that leaves Etali alive (so that I can cast spells off of her while denying resources to my opponents).
1 day ago
6 days ago
Hey, I've never piloted a Kaalia deck, I have only played against her and from my experience, she gets the attention on the table most of the times and for good reason. People really know Kaalia. So I think that playing her has some key elements that could be improved.
Get her out fast fast fast.
In order to do that I'd replace these with basics and boost your speed since you're playing all those fetchlands.
- Akoum Refuge: ETB tapped, no good here.
- Vivid Meadow, Forgotten Cave, Boros Garrison, Orzhov Basilica, Rakdos Carnarium: See above.
- Molten Slagheap: Too slow.
- Transguild Promenade: Just plain awful. Don't let this one fool you with it's "mana of any color", it's still awful.
- Opal Palace: You don't need the color fixing and the bonus counter won't do much difference as Kaalia's blows are not what you're aiming here.
Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth needs it's best friend Cabal Coffers, otherwise a fetchable basic swamp will do fine. Or maybe a dual one like Canyon Slough or Smoldering Marsh, which sometimes enter untappped.
Land Tax when you replace all the above for basics.
- Talisman of Indulgence or Fellwar Stone, mana rocks for
Kaalia has been around long time so people know how dangerous she can be.
- Darksteel Plate could be useful, specially against wraths but it doesn't do much against bouncing or exiling, which is why Whispersilk Cloak could be a better alternative, and can help you avoid combat damage as well.
- Mother of Runes will give her protection in response to whatever spot removal targetting her.
- Grand Abolisher helps you avoid getting Kaalia countered.
If Kaalia has died several times, what now.
As you probably know, she will get focused and sometimes you just can't protect her enough. You need alternatives when this happens.
- Karmic Guide can reanimate anything and it's an angel. Works well with Reya Dawnbringer.
- Sneak Attack is expensive but great, consider it. If not, Quicksilver Amulet is good too.
- Phyrexian Reclamation works awesome with the card above.
- Chancellor of the Annex could be given a try to slow down your opponents while you cast your big creatures. Also, if it's on your initial hand, bye-bye turn 1 Sol Rings.
Other things I noticed
- You lack card drawing. It's essential to have angels / demons / dragons on your hand on each of your attack phases. Phyrexian Arena and Necropotence. Watch out for Emrakuls on your meta with the latter. Some wheels could prove useful refilling your hand, though Wheel of Fortune is expensive, Winds of Change, Magus of the Wheel, Wheel of Fate and Dragon Mage are good alternatives.
- On the same issue as above, Sire Of Insanity and Malfegor aren't helping you with that.
- You have access to the best colors for removal. Ditch Soul Snare and Angelic Edict for the more versatile ones Vindicate, Anguished Unmaking or Utter End. Even Chaos Warp is a better alternative than the two I mentioned. Instant speed removal is crucial.
- Same as above with sweepers. Wrath of God, Day of Judgment, Damnation are much better than Armageddon, because as it let's you a great advantage and all it also puts a huge target on your head, because you basically stop them from having fun at all. And in my experience, people tend to remember those who broke their lands, it's just the way it is. You don't need more hate, Kaalia will draw enough herself. On the borderline of this are Cataclysm and Rakdos the Defiler. The other Rakdos, Rakdos, Lord of Riots is a way better alternative. Imagine swinging with Kaalia, on her trigger putting RTR Rakdos, then on your second main you'll be able to cast a creature with it's cost reduced.
- You have 4 instants now (more coming in the future I hope) and 3 creatures with activated abilities requiring mana. Price of Glory punish your for using those. I know it will punish counterspells as well, but there are some alternatives for that that won't draw the hate on your head, as stated above.
- Lastly, I know I insisted a lot on avoid drawin unnecesary hate on you, but Ob Nixilis, Unshackled is another one to give some thought. People really love their ramping and tutoring. Though in this case I'm not saying you should remove him, just re-evaluate his inclusion.
I hope some of this suggestions help in any way.
1 week ago
Thanks for taking a look Philoctetes!
Yes Generator Servant is awesome. Neheb turn 3 w/ haste too! Insane! Sword of Fire and Ice is really important to my gameplan too, protects Neheb from my own spells, deals damage and occasionally draws me cards which can't be understated for mono-Red. I've found that just a little bit of card advantage goes much further in mono-Red than in say, a Green/Blue deck.
Past in Flames is tricky because it's only a lategame card, and I need stuff in my graveyard. On occasion it's a dead draw, but half the time I'd say, with a fat grave yard(I play against mill a lot), and a ton of mana, it's a game winner. Allowing me to dump my entire 'yard back into action. That's why I keep it in. I don't consider it draw, but more of recursion.
I find mana doublers kinda redundant in Neheb, and even when Neheb's not out they don't even come close to his capabilities, so I don't include them. Only Neheb can Comet Storm where X=350 >:D
So instead of having a back up for Neheb, I prefer to protect him more. The Greaves, Boots, Darksteel Plate, and the Swords of X and Y go a long way in helping keep Neheb on the board. Price of Glory is always nice too, as it limits the "well-timed" removal to their turns, giving you your turn to recast, attack, etc.
Thanks again for the comment!
1 week ago
Tempt with Discovery might test well.
Assemble the Legion might be a back-up win-con after Armageddon effects.
Other cards that come to mind:
1 month ago
Came here looking for Neheb, the Eternal, was not disappointed.
Sword of the Animist, Reforge the Soul, Commune with Lava, Explorer's Scope, Infiltration Lens, Knollspine Dragon are all good ramp/card draw options you might want to consider. Mono red has trouble in these areas but all these seem to fit the deck really well.
Also, you have no instant speed interaction, which means running Price of Glory could benifit you greatly...
1 month ago
bushido_man96: My biggest issue with Vedalken Orrery is how often I have Price of Glory out, so I wouldn't be able to take advantage of Orrery without hurting myself. It isn't a bad cost, and like you said it is pseudo-haste, plus extra flexibility and interactions that are unavailable to this deck.
I would definitely say it's something that could go in the budget/casual versions of this deck, depending on the person's meta.
At the moment, the decks priorities are:
More Draw > Even More Draw > Still More Draw > Wipe Protection/Recursion > Little Bit More Haste
...so the haste isn't a huge deal at the moment, especially with 4 sources already, it's just something that might round out the build once I get to a more comfortable amount of card draw, which is going to take a lot more work.
1 month ago
I think Grand Abolisher is a great choice if your meta is full of counters and instant speed removal. Since Aurelia is often a tap out on your own turn kind of deck I might check out a card like Price of Glory as another means to shut down the instant speed stuff. Conqueror's Flail also gives you a similar type effect. Angelic Renewal is also a solid card if you're facing a lot of removal, and it combos with sun titan and burnished hart. If you want some really sideboardey tech for a removal heavy meta Red Elemental Blast and Pyroblast if you face a lot of blue decks. Also Rebuff the Wicked might be helpful in your meta. anyway check out these suggestions, see what works for you.